iHunt - Monster Hunting in a Gig Economy (LGBTQ friendly - Interest Check)

Started by Crash, January 04, 2021, 08:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Quote from: keyotess on January 06, 2021, 04:38:46 PM
Good to know. :)  If two hunters form a team, can they take on a threat that is usually higher level than they could normally take on?

It would go off the rating of the Hunter that is making the bid.  Not to worry.  People will be able to make 1-3 star Rated iHunters to start so only a 4 star would be out of reach right away.

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 06, 2021, 04:53:17 PM
Can hunters rate clients?    After all nobody is going to want to work for Dave Smith if he keeps listing vampires as 'vagrants' and doesn't EVER pay full price even when the job is done perfectly.

Watching this,  I'm well past the point where I could pretend to be a millennial but I am going to read the shit out of this game....

Nope, the client is not rated. Though in all honesty there are rarely repeat customers. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

If anyone want to take a look at the worldbuilding thread while I finish up a few things and ready a recruitment thread you can find it here....

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=328499.msg15706187#msg15706187

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

keyotess

Quote from: Crash on January 06, 2021, 06:46:16 PM
If anyone want to take a look at the worldbuilding thread while I finish up a few things and ready a recruitment thread you can find it here....

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=328499.msg15706187#msg15706187

I like it, creates a good background to why iHunters exist. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Captain Whitebread

It is a very well thought out premise.

My question is this:  Uber competes with cabs. Who does iHunt compete with?
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Crash

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 06, 2021, 07:17:39 PM
It is a very well thought out premise.

My question is this:  Uber competes with cabs. Who does iHunt compete with?

I give Olivia Hill all the credit on the premise.  She is the author.  I just thought the idea would make a fun E game.

Nobody at the moment. 

Crash

Rylin

I like how the hunts work. Very concise. Most of the questions I have have been asked, though I wonder if we could make up our own monster types when we make our own hunts. Not completely new ones necessarily, just things not mentioned in the world building posts— like gorgons, for example.

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 06, 2021, 07:17:39 PM
Uber competes with cabs. Who does iHunt compete with?

Maybe #iHunt has monopolised the market and there are, quite literally, no other options for the hunters. Could be why they put up with the 75% pay out.

arthenwel

Quote from: Rylin on January 06, 2021, 08:13:03 PM
Maybe #iHunt has monopolised the market and there are, quite literally, no other options for the hunters. Could be why they put up with the 75% pay out.

That or you can try to go on your own, but you'd have to find the target, find the info about said target, and try to find a seller for it, which means that you'd constantly be in danger with no guarantee of money or more than likely selling for less than ideal. So, iHunt is just the best option.
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

arthenwel

Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

Captain Whitebread

If they had a monopoly they would take a bigger piece

There would have to be a professional group that predated smart phones.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Rylin

Quote from: arthenwel on January 06, 2021, 08:18:11 PM
That or you can try to go on your own, but you'd have to find the target, find the info about said target, and try to find a seller for it, which means that you'd constantly be in danger with no guarantee of money or more than likely selling for less than ideal.

That's basically what witchers do, innit?

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 06, 2021, 08:23:39 PM
If they had a monopoly they would take a bigger piece

There would have to be a professional group that predated smart phones.

I have absolutely no idea. I'm just thinking aloud.

Crash

For this game it won’t matter.  It is likely that they are a monopoly and they take their money from the clients up front before anyone sees just how much money it is.  But let’s just hand wave it and say it is what it is because I don’t want to have to justify all of it and don’t have nor want a business degree. :)

As for other monsters, absolutely.  Other monsters are often super dangerous because they are mistaken for other monsters by clients.  Imagine spending your grocery money for the week to buy silver bullets only to find out the werewolf is actually a skinwalker and silver bullets don’t mean shit.  Now you are not only going to go hungry but you are face to face with a raging monster and your ace in the hole is really a deuce.

Crash

I should have a character sheet ready soon and some more info on monsters in San Jenaro and magic available to players.  I hope to have a full recruitment thread up Friday.

We are close.  I just ran out of time today.  I have the Hungry Dead to write up, the sample character to finish and figure out how to write magic guidelines to keep it low level for players but useful and not confusing. 😂

Crash