It's a start (Johan, Sheiba90 and Noros)

Started by Johan, July 29, 2009, 05:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

"I'll explain it to them." Tamara answered. Even if he had done it, they would all believe her if she said he hadn't. "They all know me and they know I would never defend someone who killed Ma Delly, but I'll only do it if you promise me something." 'Take me with you.' She though to herself. She knew it would an odd thing to ask, and he surely had alot to lose by carrying a seventeen year old girl around with him on his travels. But there was nothing left for her here.

Ma Delly was dead, and her son greedy would sell the Tavern for what ever amount he could get. She had nothing left here. No home, no family. In time, the villagers would forget about her and she'd be another beggar in the street. "Take me with you and I promise, I'll tell them it wasn't your fault."

Noros

Delgar frowned at her for what seemed an eternity "Take you with me? Why would I want to do that?"

He heard how more people came through the frontdoor, it wouldn't be long before they entered the kitchen. What did it matter if these people thought him a criminal anyway, he was never coming back. On the other hand, he might get them to pay him for saving the girl and kill the attackers at least.
There was also the issue of the horses, they were cavalery. He could use a new horse, after his own had broken his leg a week ago and had to be put down.

He heared voices wondering what had happened here, and he knew that if he wanted them convinced, it had to happen now before they made up their mind.

He looked at Tamara again and nodded "Alright, we'll talk about that afterwards, now lets go outside and meet them", not giving her any time to object before he took her arm and pulled her to the kitchen door, letting her go through first.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

'That's not a no...' Tamara though to herself, but something inside told her she'd have to prove to him that she could be useful. She let him lead her into the dining hall where several of the towns folk and the village elders stood, a few kneeling next to Ma Delly's body. The looked at Her with questioning eyes and sent mistrustful glares at Delgar.

"What happened here Tamara?" Elder Gromix asked her, resting on his cane.

"Well," She started, pointing to the body of a soldier laying on the ground. "The soldier came in her cause a ruckus with Ma Delly. When she tried to make them leave, they attacked her. Some of the othe patrons tried to help, but were hurt in the process. This man," She nodded towards Delgar, "Saved my life when the soldiers came after me." She cleared her throat again praying to the gods they believed the truth. Elder Gromix turned to Delgar and studied him for a moment before speaking in a raspy voice.

"It seems we are in your debt. We thank-you for protecting Tamara. Is there anything we could do in return?"

Noros

Delgar studied the assorted group in the room, and saw them study him, some with hate in their eyes, others with fear.

While Tamara had told her story and the elder thanked him, he watched the faces of the villagers, alot of them still glaring at him, some outright terrified by what Tamara had said, but he thought he saw one or two who looked at him admiringly.
He nodded at the old man, a small token of respect to the leader of the village is never a bad idea, but then spoke determined and like someone who expects to get what he wants "I of course reserve the right to keep whatever equipment belonged to these pigs", he points at the soldier, "that includes their horses. Also I think I deserve some compensation for ridding your town of that scum. As well as a hot meal, a hot bath and a bed to spend the night, before I'll be on my way again tomorrow".
He delivered those demands in a matter-of-fact tone, leaving no doubt that he was a mercenary who gets paid for killing people, and who would consider this his fair payment.

The meal and bath had been the main reason he had stopped in this town, and after getting fresh blood all over it seemed even more inviting.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

"Certainly. Tamara will see  to it all since you were the one who saved her. It would be her pleasure." Elder Gromix replied, giving Tamara look that cleary said everything was her responsibility. He turned to the other villagers and instructed them to remove the bodies from the Tavern before taking his leave. The villagers filed out one by one, leaving Tamara alone with Delgar. She turned back and looked at him.

"Follow me, and I'll  show you where you'll be sleeping." She turned and walked outside the Tavern, heading out back to a small cottage. She pushed the door open to reveal a single room home with a stove and wash tub on one side of the room and a bed on the other. A chair sat in front of a fire place and a few random assortments of mismatched furniture sat around the room.

"This is my cottage. You can sleep here tonight. I'll draw you a warmth bath and make you whatever you'd like for dinner." She looked up at him, wonder if he would bring up the subject of her leaveing with him.

((YAY WE GOT ACCEPTED ^^))

Noros

Delgar nodded and said curtly "I will check those horses, you better get to work"

He entered the stable and quickly found the four horses he was looking for. Good animals from what he could tell. He checked their shoes and decided which horses would be the best. He wouldn't be able to take all 4 with him, but 2 should be no trouble.

The saddlebags were found on a table nearby, he emtied them to go through their contents. Not much of value to be found, however he filled one of the bags with what little he did find, as well as the provisions they carried. He put it over his shoulder and carried it back to Tamara's little room.

He saw her hard at work, preparing his meal. Yes, she promised to compensate him after all, and he did save her life, so he didn't feel bad in any way.
He sat down at the table and drew his sword, making sure he had removed all blood from it.

He glanced at the young girl from time to time. She couldn't be much older than 18 he thought. Why would she want to come with him. And why should he take her? She'd be a burden, a risk. He had seen she had not held a sword for the first time, but she was hardly trained with it.
No, he didn't see a good reason to take her along on his travels, and decided to not bring it up anymore.

"Are you done yet?" he snapped at her.

((YAY, we did! I guess we're not bound to PG-13 anymore now, so if it should go there, we should make a new thread in the adult section. Feel free to do it whenever you think. Just let me know :) ))

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Once Delgar left, busied herself preparing his meal, a simply dish of ham, champ, and bread she had baked that morning. As she cooked, heat the water to his bath and sang softly to herself. It was the song her own mother had sang to her while she was a child.

"Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, this is your lullaby."/i]

She pour a pot of boiling water into the half full tub and filled a few more to reheat the water before he got in. She was lucky she had drawn water this morning. It save time from running out to the stream to bring it in and fill the tub at night when she wished to clean herself.

She was finishing up dinner just as Delgar returned and began cleaning his swords.

"Yes I'm done." She answered putting his dinner onto a plate and set it in front of him along with a tankard of ale. "It's not much, but I wasn't scheduled to go to market for another week."

((Lol, let's do it. I'm a little irritated about having to watch my language and plus it's night time and there only one bed....   ;D))