Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 09:09:49 PMThis thread has kind of exploded on me, and am trying to keep up with it.

I'm not sure I can recall a recruitment/interest thread that has blown up in the way this one has; I'm quite happy I managed to get in when it was still on a single page of replies instead of showing up to see it up to seven already.

Edit: Now eight with my contribution

AmberStarfire

I think I might opt out and maybe create a piratical solo when the mood strikes me. Thank you, though. :)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: AmberStarfire on September 10, 2014, 09:39:13 PM
I think I might opt out and maybe create a piratical solo when the mood strikes me. Thank you, though. :)

No problem at all!  Sorry to see you go.  If you ever decide to change your mind, we're always going to be open.

Quote from: consortium11 on September 10, 2014, 09:18:13 PM
I'm not sure I can recall a recruitment/interest thread that has blown up in the way this one has; I'm quite happy I managed to get in when it was still on a single page of replies instead of showing up to see it up to seven already.

There were many nights, while working in the World Building thread, when I said "Nah...  No one is gonna want to get in on this...  Maybe I should turn it into my own little writing project...  I doubt anyone is going to want to join in..."  I guess I was wrong.  So very, very, very wrong...

Quote from: KalebHyde on September 10, 2014, 08:46:07 PM
I am planning on having him from Malum and was wondering if it is acceptable to have him be from the Dumar family?

That's acceptable to me, but I'd have to see more of what you have in mind with your character sheet.  I know someone had mentioned about doing someone from the Dumar family, but waiting to see on some things first.

Quote from: Derwaysh on September 10, 2014, 06:49:02 PM
After doing me reading I was hoping to go for a Hedge Knight-esque character.

Is that acceptable, milady Gnothi? We can always put him under the mercenary category if desired but the underlying concept involves him squiring for a certain Ser (NPC unless someone desires a connection) whose arms and armour he acquires at his death or when they part ways.

Cheers. : )

Ooh.  I don't see a problem with that.  I'd have to read more of what you had in mind, but it sounds interesting.

Quote from: AmberStarfire on September 10, 2014, 07:37:47 PM
Awesome sheet, Aiden. :)

GMs: What's the deadline for character sheets, btw, and do we need to get our concepts approved first? Also, what ships are there and which roles are filled so far on each? I know there are at least 2 ships.

There are more than the two ships.  I'm going to put a list together soon in the Game Info thread.  Just trying to get caught up a bit here before I go to work there.

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Deamonbane

I.... may have jumped the gun and sent it to all three of you simultaneously...

*Grimaces and blushes looking away*
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Aiden

GnothiSeauton

I believe Howling and I got to most of the character sheets submitted.  I know there are still a few to go over and compare notes with, and hopefully we will get to that tomorrow.

I've got to get to bed.  I've got to get up and wash the garage floor and wait for an AC Repairman.  Feel free to post or submit any questions or sheets here, or PM them to BOTH Black Howling and myself, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Sindra

NosCorventius

I am interested and already working on a CS for this so I'd like to claim Mario Cimarro as my face while I work on it:

Thank you,

~Nos~

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: NosCorventius on September 11, 2014, 12:47:44 AM
I am interested and already working on a CS for this so I'd like to claim Mario Cimarro as my face while I work on it:

Thank you,

~Nos~

So much yes....
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Sindra

Quote from: NosCorventius on September 11, 2014, 12:47:44 AM

Thank you,

~Nos~

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on September 11, 2014, 01:01:13 AM
So much yes....

Yeah, he's yummy lol. 

Flower

Until I can find someone better, I want to clam Kate Mcgrath Gemma Arterton.  :-)

Ugh. I can't decide. Just ignore this post!

Lady Lunarius

~ ~ ~  Aleksey  ~ ~ ~

Writer Name: Lady Lunarius

Character Name:  Aleksey

Alias / Nickname:  High Priestess, Huntress

Face Claim: Emily Didonato

Blood Status:  Magic born

Country/Kingdom of Birth:  Native of Effugios

Physical Description: Aleksey stands at 5'8" with a toned exceptionally fit body. Her dark brown hair is usually tied back in a messy braid or left loose to fall around her shoulders in an unkempt fashion. Her grey eyes hold a darkness within them that her tribal paints seem to bring out. Small scars cover her body, as well as an intricate symbol that rests in the center of her shoulder blades. A mark given to her by the Dark Queen.  Her clothing more or less consists of hide cloth to cover her more private areas and not much else. Though within the safety of her tribes resting place and when conducting rituals she wears nothing.

Personality: A severe woman, Aleksey tends to have a dark sense of humor and very little of it at times. She spends a great deal of time caring for her people, and serving the Dark Queen. The scars on her body are proof of her devotion. She enjoys hunting, and the alcohol they recieve in trades with the settlements on the island. At times she even indulges in a slave or two, preferring her male slaves to have a more dominant streak to them. More often than not letting them have their way with her before her sisters take over and break their spirits. Her life goal is to serve the Dark Queen and protect her people. She will do anything she can to uphold her Queen's commands. No matter the risk to herself.

Profession: Leader of the Litharli Tribe and High Priestess of the Dark Queen. Protector of the Islands temples.

History:  Born on the night of a red moon, Aleksey was groomed for birth for the service of the Dark Queen. Leader of the Litharli. Her mother offered her father as sacrifice in celebration of her daughters birth and set about raising her daughter in the ways all leaders had been. Bathed in blood of those who stood in the way of the Dark Queen's wishes. Those who desecrated her temples. Her childhood was spent in meditation and studies of her peoples rituals. Hunting and living off the land was in their blood. From the time she was six she was able to hunt and track beasts offer sacrifices and so much more in the name of her people.

Made of mainly of women any men that came into the village were slain shortly after they out lived their usefulness, or they were enslaved. Constant fights with other tribes within the jungle, kept their supplies of slaves and other needs fulfilled. Then there were the settlements. Many of her people had a taste for some of the clothing, so every once in a while she allows trade with the people near the ports. Her own tastes often leaning towards the alcohols that come in on ships. 

By the time she was sixteen her mother had taught her all she could. as such she'd out lived her usefulness to the Dark Queen. Calling to Aleksey in the night, the Dark Queen called for a sacrifice. The one last offering she'd ever want from the old leader. Aleksey willingly offered her mother to the Dark one. Gaining with the sacrifice the gift of foresight. When the goddess sees fit she offers Aleksey some foresight into events she feels are necessary. while powerful in its own right, its merely a simple glance.

For ten years now she's lead her people and earned their respect, demanded it even.

Religion:  High Priestess to the Dark Queen. Possibly her most loyal servant.

Weapons:  Short spear, and an array of throwing daggers. (9) A Bow for hunting (Human or animal)

Sexuality: Bi-Sexual

On's and Off's:  Same as Player's O/O's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so the History is a bit of a rocky point right now. As it can be changed up based on Howling's information for his character and some tie in's we discussed last night. But here's a rough sketch of her. Let me know what you think. That's the main reason for the lack of a more recent history
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Rel Mayer

Aiden

"Be wary of the jungles...lest you think you can outrun the locals after fucking them." - Captain Redwater

Timeless

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 10, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
Maaaaybe

Oooooooooooo~ *thumbs-up* I'm so excited to see you join, Dim! <33333 Can't wait to see your character sheet if you are doing one!

You know you want to. *wriggles eyebrows*

Flower

Quote from: Dancing flower on September 11, 2014, 01:58:39 AM
Until I can find someone better, I want to clam Kate Mcgrath Gemma Arterton.  :-)

Ugh. I can't decide. Just ignore this post!

Claiming Gemma Arterton! One hundred percent sure this time.

Madriv

Is there still space in this idea? Because 8 pages of interest in one day is just... whoa!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Madmartigan on September 11, 2014, 09:45:15 AM
Is there still space in this idea? Because 8 pages of interest in one day is just... whoa!

MADS! *tackles and loves on thoroughly*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Black Howling

Quote from: Madmartigan on September 11, 2014, 09:45:15 AM
Yes, there is still room.

Cerevan

Sooo...how might a cartographer/librarian/blower-up-of-things be received on such an island?

Black Howling

Quote from: Cerevan on September 11, 2014, 11:01:27 AM
Sooo...how might a cartographer/librarian/blower-up-of-things be received on such an island?

Cartographer's are always needed, there is always someone who prizes knowledge.... and did you mention explosives? Yeah, sign this man up now!

Cerevan

Quote from: Black Howling on September 11, 2014, 11:06:50 AM
Cartographer's are always needed, there is always someone who prizes knowledge.... and did you mention explosives? Yeah, sign this man up now!

Actually in this case it would be a lady...but yay for cartographer librarians with an unhealthy love of explosives!

Black Howling

Quote from: Cerevan on September 11, 2014, 11:09:00 AM
Actually in this case it would be a lady...but yay for cartographer librarians with an unhealthy love of explosives!
A lady cartographer librarian who loves explosives.... This just got even better. >_>