Favorite Movies of the 60's

Started by DukeJohn, May 06, 2020, 08:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeJohn

Since we have a few decade themed movie threads I'd figured I'd do the 60's, probably my favorite movie decade. Lots of interesting stuff happened with the decline of censorship and the collapse of the studio system. Some of the best movies ever made were in the 60's. I'll do a top ten.

2001: A Space Odyssey
The Graduate
The Apartment
A Man For All Seasons
Breathless
Doctor Zhivago
Through a Glass Darkly
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Lawrence of Arabia
Psycho

Obviously a lot I'm leaving off since lists like this are arbitrary but the top two might be my favorite movies of all time.

Nali

The 1960s were so great for films! I can't even make a top ten, but I'll happily list some of my favorites:

Marry Poppins
Sound of Music
Planet of the Apes
The Birds (Yay Hitchcock!)
Once Upon a Time in the West
Dr. No (Yay Bond!)
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb ("Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!")
To Kill a Mocking Bird
Romeo & Juliet
Cleopatra

Ahhh... The 1960s really were revolutionary for film. The Disney releases alone were impeccable (Sword in the Stone, Jungle Book)!

RperSeeker69

I think if I had to choose one it would be The Beatles A Hard Days Night. Honestly it was the Beatles at their finest with their humor and just all over the place antics. The music is great too and sometimes it is nice to look back at the moptop four from Liverpool when the psychedelic drugs weren't in their systems.