Warhhammer 40k?

Started by Baalborn87, September 30, 2012, 02:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

already running two...I have a couple spots potentially open but not for eldar.

CupidCatt

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on March 10, 2013, 06:16:26 PM
already running two...I have a couple spots potentially open but not for eldar.

How 'bout Chaos corrupted worshiper of Slaanesh? That's my second choice.

Pumpkin Seeds

One is a Deathwatch game so  your  character  would  be  short  lived.   second  is  dark  heresy... So  even  shorter?

CupidCatt

Worth a shot. I just really love the 40k setting, stories and scifi-medieval mindset.

HairyHeretic

I'd like to get a Black Crusade game going myself, but the ones I start never seem to last that long unfortunately. :/
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Pumpkin Seeds

I  would  be  willing  to  help.  I  have  the  main  book.

HairyHeretic

I wonder if trying to play it as a system game is part of the problem though. I wonder if it might do any better freeform.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

Honestly, the worst part of system is people trying to decide what to roll and what they cannot do with their character sheets.  I find it better to just roll things for them.  The best part of system though is the random nature and the structured advancement.  Feels great when you can buy those new abilities with xp and see them work. 

I am still toying with the idea of structured character creation and from there figuring out what can be done.

owen84

Like I said never played it so freeform is good for me.but I agree with cupidcatt just love the setting. So more interested in the role playing over the rules.
Why is it that only in death do we truly learn about life.

CupidCatt

Quote from: owen84 on March 11, 2013, 02:35:32 AM
Like I said never played it so freeform is good for me.but I agree with cupidcatt just love the setting. So more interested in the role playing over the rules.
+1

HairyHeretic

System games seriously slow down with combat though. I think personally that's their major issue in a forum enviroment. Most other skill tests and what have you are a single dice roll. Combat is a lot more following, and the back and forth nature, coupled with peoples timezones is what makes it cripplingly slow.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

I suppose we could try a short freeform game and see how it goes? Maybe use the Black Crusade intro adventure?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

CupidCatt

ears perk up... slender Eldar ears ;D

owen84

lol could be fun.

I am all for that.

I'm very easy to so what ever goes goes.

HairyHeretic

Given it would be a Chaos orientated game, eldar might be a bit out of place. Dark Eldar maybe, as I'm reasonably sure there aren't any Crone world eldar left. Not living ones at least.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

CupidCatt

If it's Chaos oriented, I'll be a devotee of Slaanesh. There's an Eldar connection there, so I'm good.  ;)

owen84

Same slannesh cult sounds good

CupidCatt

HairyHeretic

You think humans or Chaos Space Marines? I'd probably take my Night Lord, use him as an NPC.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

owen84

She looks S*%T hot.

I'am thinking more of some one with leather and chains. He will have half a gimp mask and cuffs around his wrists broken leather straps all over his chest and legs. Carry a whip that connect to one of his cuffs with barbs sticking out.... and a Autopistol.

HairyHeretic

So, human then. Maybe something like a cult leader demagogue or a psycher?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Red Offerings

I have an old backdrop for a WH40K thread I ran on a different role play website. It's a quick read:

The Astronomican has once again intercepted a message of the utmost priority. Abaddon the Despoiler, warmaster of the Chaos Space Marines Black Legion has uncovered the general whereabouts of an ancient chaos relic.

Dated back from the dark period of the Horus Heresy, this relic had been abandoned on a planet that bore no fruit of life. Located to the Galactic East, in a cluster of planets named the Chronus Rift, this icon of chaos had originally belonged to the primarch of the World Eaters Space Marine Legion, Primarch Angron, and is said to possess a vast amount of power that Abaddon covets. He dispatches of splinter fleet to go forth, towards the Eye of Terror, where this system of planets is located, to find this relic. What the Astronomican recieves is simply the location of the drop zone for these splinter troops, not the location of the relic itself. Planet GS00983

The Imperium must act quickly, it passes on the information to the Ordo Malleus, who in turn proceeds to dispatch a number of Inquisitors along with the Sisters of Battle. Taking absolutely no chances, a sect of the Space Marines, along with various elements of the Imperial Guard are also sent; there is no mistaking that this relic of chaos must be destroyed before it falls into Abaddon's hands.

As with any time a sect is dispatched, there will be splinters of those who will arrive earlier than others. Their mission will be to conduct reconnaissance and set up a secured area of operations in order to prepare for the main arrival of those dispatched from the Ordo Malleus.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Silverfang

If there will be a Warhammer40K Roleplay I would love to join it *_*

Probably as Space Marine from the Ultramarines :) ... looking approximatly like that...

Some little painting Work made by me

It's not my best painted miniature, the seal with the oath looks pretty bad   :-[  but well it wasn't made during the best time ;)

I hope it could fit in.. and of course I would prepare a char-sheet later ;)

RecklessRapscallion

I own All of the books, Rogue Trader as a setting is Amazing the issue is the Mechanics do not match up to the scope. I have read Only War, it is pretty awesome depending on your regiment you can have both genders. Typically the Munitorium keeps Regiments as one gender to ease complications but the expanded universe tells stories of mixed gender regiments as well. The mechanics are sound and if you want to tell a story similar to Saving Private Ryan, or a longterm game where you are shuffling from battlefield to battlefield than that is the game for you. I think what helps hold it together and promote an excellent environment is the Regiment Creation rules which if we are to run a game via forum will help with group cohesion.

As far as power level is concerned the Players begin slightly above Dark Heresy level except for the fact that everyone is well equipped, hell if you are a siege team you can start with a rocket launcher. My only suggestion is to have each player create multiple characters so if their character get's fragged they have a backup character that can jump right into the action.

If people have interest I would not mind running a campaign of only War.

~ RR
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash Williams
O/O's - Under Construction

HairyHeretic

I never bothered picking up the Only War book. Playing a Guardsman doesn't really interest me, as it seems your choice of stories are going to be narrowed down, at least in relation to some of the other systems. Plus with no one interested in playing any of the 40k games I already did have, I doubted I'd have any better luck with this one.

Cattle die, kinsmen die