News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Draft options. I.e. multi-session editing ability.

Started by thedarkenedknight, December 02, 2011, 09:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkenedknight

I notice that bmr has a save "as draft" option for threads and pms, and i was wondering if it might be possible to implement something similar here.
I recognize that the number of people that would use this could cause some space issues or something similarly out of my depth. However, I think it would be a useful addition especially for people like me who browse from a shared computer and a smartphone. I can't save to a word file because i switch constantly between the two portals.
(Yes i know there are cloud services, but i dont feel like using them.)

Thanks for reading!
TDK

Autumn Sativus

Personally my favourite option for those things is just to PM it to myself. Then I have it on hand for whatever computer I'm using and it's conveniently still a part of E. An option, anyway, as I can imagine even if your suggestion does come to reality it will take sometime. ;D
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

jouzinka

I use Google Docs, especially for writing game posts. ;)

Personally... I am very wary of cloud as well. On another note, E data isn't life-threatening material. I can feed the Big Brother from time to time in exchange for some peace. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Machete

Quote from: jouzinka on December 02, 2011, 11:35:26 PM
I use Google Docs, especially for writing game posts. ;)

Yes, Google Docs is everyone's friend.

Beguile's Mistress

Google docs, Windows file sharing (Office live), drafts in email and PMing myself and the ubiquitous flash drives.  Whatever I have on hand and works at the time.

jouzinka

Flash drives would be the perfect solution, but I am -notorious- in forgetting them in the USB and remembering only when I need them, so they're a little useless for me. XD

Haibane

Quote from: jouzinka on December 03, 2011, 02:07:56 PM
Flash drives would be the perfect solution
I haz wun. I can remember it. Iz useful. :D

jouzinka

Vekseid

One hoped for goal of the new CMS is live auto-saving a la Google Docs. That isn't hard, but I am pondering having some degree of history be possible.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: jouzinka on December 03, 2011, 02:07:56 PM
Flash drives would be the perfect solution, but I am -notorious- in forgetting them in the USB and remembering only when I need them, so they're a little useless for me. XD

I keep mine on links on my key ring since I never forget my keys.

Nadir

Quote from: Saffron on December 02, 2011, 11:24:33 PM
Personally my favourite option for those things is just to PM it to myself. Then I have it on hand for whatever computer I'm using and it's conveniently still a part of E. An option, anyway, as I can imagine even if your suggestion does come to reality it will take sometime. ;D

Yeah, just make sure you just remember to send it to yourself and not to the user named Me. That... that's awkward.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Eden on December 04, 2011, 12:41:21 PM
Yeah, just make sure you just remember to send it to yourself and not to the user named Me. That... that's awkward.

*gigglesnorts*  That sounds like something I would do. ;D

Missy

It would be a nice tool. Especially since a microsoft word document (or equivalent) can't give you a preview of what your post will look like at any given time. Previews are handy to make sure your code-tag-things-whatever-those-thingamajigs-are-called (("
" for example)) are working properly, among other errors which could go wrong.

Aemirys

Quote from: Saffron on December 02, 2011, 11:24:33 PM

Quote from: Eden on December 04, 2011, 12:41:21 PM

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on December 04, 2011, 08:32:04 PM
*gigglesnorts*  That sounds like something I would do. ;D

I utilise the 'PM option' all the time and it works a treat but it's inevitable that sooner or later due to one reason or another (say lack of sleep for example) that you'll end up sending it to someone......

Surprisingly it wasn't as awkward as you'd think. Sure I personally felt awkward about the whole situation but the poor person who received that PM was really good about it. I suppose that's what you get from having such an awesome community of people like those here on E.

Huzzah for Elliquiy !!

★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Callie Del Noire

I use Office and/or Scrivener with the files on Dropbox. That way I can use it on any of the Macs I have it installed on.. pop on the net, download it and then down to work on it.