Starcraft: Descent into insanity Game Thread

Started by LtFox, April 25, 2011, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inflatetress

Anya, who had been looking around fairly frantically suddenly had her attention focused as the doctor asked her a question.  "Not from this range...is they were..." she hesitated to get the word out, "closer...then I might be able to influece them adversly."  Brushing some hair out of her face she then looked down at her stocking, which around the top had a strap that led to her only weapon, which she quickly grabbed and displayed.  "I have this though..." a nervous chuckle followed.

LtFox

The internal scanners on the command deck displayed several sections on the map blacked out, the damaged sections.  Near them and moving steadily towards the center and command deck were several xeno-lifesigns.  The marines near the entrance had also heard the situation, and upon Sergeant Ramirez's orders, had departed there and were making their way towards the command deck.  It seemed like they would make it before the xenos.

On the map were several places where potential ambushes or killzones could be set up.  The command deck itself was fairly heavily fortified, with double blast doors at the entrance.  From there, the corridors branch out to the 4 main sections, each roughly a quarter of the dome-shaped structure.  Internal bulkheads were set up at every major intersections, as well as every room.  It was designed to be able to operate in vacuum conditions, after all, so all sections could be sealed off.

"We already tried sealing them in where they came aboard, but that quarter is almost completely destroyed, and the circuits must be damaged too badly.  We don't have any control over systems in that area."

Said the head operator, while switching between couple of monitors and trying to do something to slow the zerg.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Wintercat

"By the time they arrive to the doors they'll be expecting trouble, but then again trusting in the doors to hold could buy us a little more time to make a safe landing. Outside of them, we are looking at Zergs at gunpoint sooner rather than later, but we might get them to a killzone." With a frown on his face on having to think things through more than he would have liked to at that moment, Dr. Catseye turned towards the sergeant. "Sergeant, I am no soldier, come here and tell me where the soldiers can do their job best! We need a killzone that is not just a good defensive position, but a slaughterhouse for the 'poor little zerg'. I want to see a spot so viciously malicious towards them its going to make the Dominion sob about how cruel bastards we were to them."

That anger is good, its going to keep you alive. There it was again, a thought that occured almost a bit creepily. The release of adrenaline can trigger some enhanced capabilities but my body was pushing far beyond those already when I survived before, leading me to believe that if I have to analyze it more throughoutly, things can be difficult. First I need to get out of this non-stop rushing though, if my life is in constant jeopardy I cant focus on more scientific methods.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

inflatetress

Anya stood beside the Doctor and nodded to Rameriz to indicate that she is also willing to help out with the warrior's plans.  "Let me know how I can help too...I'm an okay shot...not as good as a marine." She looked to the doctor and then back to the Sergeant.

LtFox

Ramirez didn't take long to point out a place on the map: the intersection of corridors near the entrance to command deck itself.

"There, that is the optimal ambush point.  We still have enough working doors nearby to close off alternate routes, so the xenos will be forced to use a single corridor for approach, the intersection also offers decent cover for us and the option of a fast retreat back to the command deck.  Depending on the number and types of zerg which show up, we should be able to cut them to pieces in the corridor where they are exposed, or at least thin them out enough that the rest won't be able to make it through the sealed blast doors in time."

The intercom crackled again, indicating that the marines were almost outside the command deck.  The zerg would be soon behind them.

"If we're going to do this, we need to do it right now!"

The sergeant added, as she checked her gauss rifle.

(OOC: Sorry for the week's absence.  Had a few things going on, with an away-from-civilization wilderness trip followed by finals.  I'm back on schedule now.)
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

inflatetress

Nodding, Anya aknowledged the seargent's orders responded, "Okay...okay...what do you want us to do?" she pointed toward the doctor and the command team as she wasn't too sure if she'd want them involved in any kind of combat action...she sort of hoped that Ramirez wouldn't want her!

Wintercat

"It sounds like a plan. I'll come along, my pistol might not be much but it will be even less effective back here if they breach the barricade eventually." He didn't really want to be in the middle of things, but it seemed like there was no real choice right now. "We must face what is coming, and stop it." He lifted the handgun and checked it was loaded and ready, sliding safety off. With a sigh, he nod to the sergeant, ready to move. No sense leaving the fight to the professionals alone, when everyone's lives depended on it.

In his mind there was only single thing to consider. It is either us or them. Then it came a bit louder in his mind. "What is out there?" The question bothered him. He did not say it out loud, but in his mind it was an echo.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A