New U.S. Passport Form

Started by AndyZ, April 26, 2011, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Left Source:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42765513/ns/travel-travel_tips/

Right Source:  Link to Glenn Beck's site removed. Do not re-add it.

I was just curious what other people thought of this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Wolfy

Oh god Glenn Beck. *moves on* @_@ I hate that guy. >_>

AndyZ

Yeah, I try to check for sources on things from both the left and the right.  If both of them have something about a story, it's more likely to be true.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Wolfy

Quote from: AndyZ on April 27, 2011, 01:18:49 AM
Yeah, I try to check for sources on things from both the left and the right.  If both of them have something about a story, it's more likely to be true.

:/

Glenn Beck is so far Right he's on the left.

AndyZ

So, what do you think of the MSNBC source on it, then?

RubySlippers

As far as I can tell its for those that cannot supply a valid birth certificate which should raise red flags, I assume naturalized citizens have to supply suitable documents in lieu of the birth certificate. So what is the issue that they are being careful to see an American passport goes to Americans only either born here or naturalized as an immigrant that seems odd to expect.

Oniya

It doesn't take much to get a certified copy of your own birth certificate.  Every state has an office of 'Vital Records' for such things.  I've had to get one for my daughter for school (several moves had somehow eaten the original).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Serephino

Unless you were born in New York...  My boyfriend has been trying to get his for a year now so he can get his driver's license.

But it isn't just the passport office asking all kinds of questions.  I went to the Social Security office today to get proof of benefits so I could go apply for Medical Assistance.  First of all, the security officer searched me after asking if I had any weapons on me...

Then I was asked what city I was born in, what my mother's name was, including her maiden name.  Then she wanted my father's full name, maybe because my benefits are under his record.  I don't know what his middle name was though. 

It used to be they asked me for my SS number, then just printed it out.  It's not like I was asking for a new card or anything.  I thought it was weird.