Mafia Game: Battle for Little Italy (Stalemate; a Truce is called!)

Started by Remiel, June 17, 2010, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

For years, the peace in Little Italy has been upheld under the firm but benevolent sway of Don Vito Pastrami, head of the Pastrami family and undisputed king of organized crime in the city.  All of that changed when, last month, Don Pastrami died of a sudden and unforeseen heart attack.  Without a universally recognized heir apparent, the Pastrami organization has dissolved, splintering into a handful of warring factions and bitterly conflicting loyalties.  After an intense week of bloodshed and murder, two main contenders have surfaced to vie for control of the Little Italy Mafia: the Cannoli family and the Linguine family.  Underfunded and outmanned, the police are powerless to interfere.  Whichever family prevails will control the city.

The Cannolis are well-established in the city's seedy criminal institutions, having run for decades its alcohol, hash, and Funfetti smuggling operations.  It was a Cannoli who served as Don Pastrami's consigliere.  The first Cannoli in America was Vincenzo Cannoli, who came over from Sicily in 1833. It is said that the phrase "atsa one-a spicy meatball!" can be originally attributed to him.

The Cannolis consist of:

Aiden
Imogen
DTW
Dudelrok
Moirae
Cassiopeia
Mithlomwen
Galanthor

The Linguines, on the other hand, are relatively new, having only established themselves as major contenders within the Little Italy crime syndicate in the past twenty years.  Nevertheless, Don Pastrami chose a Linguine to be his highest-ranking caporegime.  The Salty Seaman, a bawdy burlesque house situated on the harbour, serves as the Linguines' front and base of operations.

The Linguines are:

Esoteric Myobi
Absinthe Tori
Rolin
thirteenhearts
Beguile's Mistress
Valerian
Xandi
Lord Mayerling

The action will start up in a couple of days, at which time we will commence the voting for Dons.  For now, though, feel free to get into character, get to know your Family, and perhaps taunt the other team (in a friendly manner, please!)  From now on, it is requested that all Cannollis post in blue, and all Linguines post in red.  Remember, the game is in the Non-Adult forum, so please abide by the Non-Adult forum rules (e.g., keep it PG-13!)

Have fun, and check back often for updates!

Remiel

The weeks following Don Pastrami's death were chaotic and violent.  Many factions appeared, and many contenders came forward to try to seize control of Pastrami's Mafia empire.  In the bloody days that followed, there were two Dons who stood out amongst the throng of those who would be Godfather, many of whom met swift and violent ends.

But the Dons could not stand alone.  They relied heavily upon the support and loyalty of their Families.

Okay, this is the part where both families must vote for their Don.  The Don is a very important role, being the person who assigns all of the other roles to his or her family.  In addition, the Don is immune from being targeted for a communal hit.  This is not a popularity contest.  Vote for the member of your family whom you think will be the best at outsmarting your sworn enemies.  You cannot vote for yourself.

Remember, all Cannolis should post in blue, and all Linguines should post in red.  If you're not sure how to do this, use the following code:

[color=blue]text goes here, if you're a Cannoli[/color] or
[color=red]text goes here, if you're a Linguine[/color]

DudelRok

Slams a fist on a nearby table, "Alright, so we got hell breaking lose and we need someone with a hammer to knock it all back. A'ight so we need someone that knows his way an ain't no'one hear a no dame running things so I'm giving my firm vote on Aiden." Turns to Aiden, "Up fer it?"

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

thirteenhearts

My vote for the Don of the Linguine's goes to Lord Mayerling.  He seems like he's seen his share of battles and would be up for the challenge.

desert ashes

Slowly Moirae's brows arched over DudelRok's proclaimation and she let her gaze settle steady on Mithlomwen.  "I cannot disagree with you more, DudelRok.  It is past time us dames have taken this family to the seat of power where it belongs and I cannot think of anyone better suited for that than Mithlomwen."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn52

Personally I'm tired of the men running things. We women work just as hard and clean up your messes. I think it is high time a woman ran this outfit, and Valerian is just the woman to get the job done. You men know that with a woman in charge the Cannolis Family will think they have this war in the bag. They have little respect for women. It would give us an added advantage, they would lower their guard. We could own this town by the end of the week.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Valerian

"Thanks, Xandi," Val said, blushing a little.  "I don't know if I'm the right person for the job, but I think you've got the right idea.  I'll bet Beguile's Mistress would get this town organized in no time."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia's cool eyes flashed dangerously at DudelRok's comment before drifting over to Moirae, her full lips twitching up to one side ever so slightly.  "It seems that the point is already proven.  If we continue making the same testosterone driven decisions we will likely stay in the exact same place we are now, which is not on top, as if I need to remind anyone here of that fact.  I agree with with Moirae.  I think Don Mithlomwem has a nice ring to it."  Her eyes returned to DudelRok, the sharp edge still there but now contrast with a serene smile, of course that only made it all the more disturbing were one to look hard enough.  "Regardless, it should be a question of capability, not whether or not one can take a piss standing up."

Tharic

Rolin paces slowly, rubbing his chin with his left hand, while a wooden baseball bat with dark red stains on it rests in his right, leaning over his shoulder.

"All you'ze is makin' some good points. Me, I gots no problems with a broad, 'scuse me, a dame, leadin up this here family. Besides, a dame would certainly help us move into the Funfetti operations of da Cannolis."

"Wez Linguines just needs to work togetha tho, now that Don Pastrami has passed on, God rest his soul, wez all knowz that da Linguine family is next in line to take over. I don't care if Pastrami had a Connali for a consigliere, all he ever did was talk. What we needz in Little It'ly is action. Action to pull dez two families together again. Only the strength of a capo will do that. Don Pastrami was wise enough to realize he needed that strength to come from da Linguines."

Rolin walks slowly through the room, eyeing each of his fellow Linguines, his bat resting against his shoulder still. Finally he comes to a stop, pointing the end of his bat towards someone, "For wha' it matta's, in myz 'umble opinion, I thinks Xandi makes a good point, Valerian would give us da advantage we needz to lead this thing of ours."

Galanthor

Galanthor leaned against the wall, hiding his face under the hat, thinking. Are they serious? Are they seperate the family in genders? That way the Linguines would wipe them out within the twinkling of an eye. The well dressed man raised his stetson just so much that the rest of the Cannolis could look into his eyes which where filled with determination.

"A Don must have the full trust of the family...if you think it's about gender...fine...i don't...Mithlomwem you got my vote and my gun if you want it."

Lord Mayerling

The form of Conte di Mayerglione filled the doorway of the smoky back room at the aptly named Salty Seaman. Cast in silhouette, smoke from a glowing cigar swirled over his shoulders. Stepping through the opening, he tossed his fedora onto the only table in the corner of the room. He had heard the thoughts of the others, even the voice that suggested himself for Don. While he considered the affirmation a sound one, there were more important things to discuss first.

“First of all,” he exhaled a lungful of cigar smoke. He smelled of tobacco, rum, and whore as his presence filled the room. “A decision based on gender over merits results in foolery. Second, there are only two men in this family, so if we are needed for our organs, we shall need to be used expediently.”

“As for whom to elect Don, I will support any one of you. For me, for all of us, Omerta must be our following. Only as a family working together will we succeed in taking over Little Italy. We need someone who knows every man and woman between Mott and Mulberry, and can protect them the only way a Linguine can.”

He stubbed out his spent cigar in a dirty ashtray, and pulled a switchblade from his suit coat. He sliced open his right palm with a stroke, holding the blade in his left. “I will take as by brothers and sisters those who will take the oath of Omerta with me.”

He offered the blade to anyone who would accept him as a blood brother by repeating the act and shaking hands with him. This was the Oath.

Zealously Jaded

Absinthe sipped her drink listening to the conversations, “I have no idea who should be the Don.” Slowly she pushed a lock of dark red hair from her eyes, “However I do think the Don should be Beguile’s Mistress. We may be the new guys in town, but we have to hit them hard.”

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile walked into The Salty Seaman and let her eyes adjust from the bright sun outside to the dim interior of the Linguine hangout.  The place smelled of spilled beer, stale perfume and yesterday’s bad news.  She walked across the room a picture of elegance in a slim black skirt with a slit cut high enough to be interesting and a white silk blouse unbuttoned low enough to show a little lace.  She perched on a tall stool and reached over to pluck a bottle of bourbon from behind the bar.  A shot glass appeared in her other hand and after downing an ounce and pouring a second she spoke, her voice a deep-throated purr that made you sit up and listen.

Pleasantly surprised to hear her name mentioned as a possible head of the family she tipped a nod to Valerian and Absinthe Tori and tucked back the wave of blazing auburn hair that fell forward over one blue-grey eye. 

“Men have been running things forever and look at where we are.  Don Pastrami is dead, the latest in a long line of dons to be taken out by the pressure of competition.  It would be presumptuous to vote for myself so I'll speak for someone whose abilities I respect and whose leadership I would follow.  Valerian has the brains and, if you’ll pardon the expression, the balls to take this family over and have the Cannolis for lunch.

Having said her piece she leaned back with her elbows on the bar and crossed her sheer black silk clad legs at the knee, one four-inch stiletto dangling precariously from her toes.  The brimming shot glass hung from slender fingers tipped with scarlet painted nails.

Lord Mayerling

With no takers at present for the Oath…a somewhat disgruntled Comte di Mayerglione went to the bar, met up with Beguile’s Mistress’ bourbon bottle, washed his hand with a dribble of the liquid, and poured himself a highball. “Well she can’t vote for herself,” the Comte bit into another cigar and lit up, “but I can vote for Beguile’s Mistress.” He chinked glasses with her and drank. 

Esoteric Myobi

Seated in the shadows, a plume of smoke drifting idly up towards the ceiling was the only indication of Myobi's presence. A sleek black jacket was slung over the back of her chair. Red and black were the primary colors of her attire. Was it a statement for the family she represented? Or did it just so happen to be her favorite colors? Red silk shirt and flowing black pants, her own porcelain skin was framed with soft waves of dark brown.

As the others spoke her mind, she seemed to listen nonchalantly, the future of their family could have been the last thing on her mind. A glint of blood-red could be seen at the end of slender fingers as she flicked the slim cigarette to the gritty ground and watched it slowly roll to a stop, its tip glowing briefly before finally dying away, leaving nothing more than a wisp of gray.

Equally bright lips quirked into a smirking grin as she regarded the others around the room, her lithe figure glided forwards in one fluid motion from the lazy sprawl across her chair to leaning forwards, chin cupped in hand. "A new Don, eh?" Her voice was a lazy drawl, yet a certain glint in her eyes showed that much more was hidden beneath the uncaring facade.

"Ah've got nothin' against ya'll, men an women alike, an Ah'm sure that we've already settled on what's most important...It's gotta be da brains, da heart, an da guts." With each, she emphasized with her finger pointing in the general direction, choosing three people at random to use as examples.

"So, if Ah've got the gist of it...Ah'll go ahead and say that my vote sits with..." Dewy brown eyes glanced lazily about beneath long lashes before stopping at Rolin. "You." As if to make sure no mistakes were made, her chin tilted up in his direction as well.

Reaching out for her glass of Scotch Whiskey, she leaned back languidly in her seat and downed about half before nursing the rest while waiting for the final results.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Remiel

In short order, the Linguine and Cannoli families--sworn enemies and bitter rivals, no longer forced to tolerate each other by the stabilizing hand of Don Pastrami--set about electing their leaders.  Time was of the essence, for both knew that the first group to strike a decisive blow against the other would have the advantage in the inevitable turf war.  While the Cannolis seemed to be slow to decide about who should lead them--perhaps due to mistrust and paranoia--the Linguines seemed divided between two potential candidates, both of whom were widely respected within the Linguine organization.  But, in the end, there could be only one Don.

------
Current votes for Don:

Cannolis:

Mithlomwen (3)
Aiden (1)

Linguines:

Beguile's Mistress (3)
Valerian (3)
Lord Mayerling (1)
Rolin (1)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Imogen, DTW, Mithlomwen.   Imogen will be gone until Sunday, but I still need votes from the rest of the Cannolis.  Er...and it appears we have a tie for the Linguine boss.  In the tradition of democracy, we'll have a runoff election.  Esoteric Myobi and thirteen hearts, please vote for either Beguile's Mistress or Valerian.

Mithlomwen

Mith glanced around in surprise, blinking a bit in shock that everyone had such faith in her.  It made her smile and she nodded in thanks to everyone whom had voted for her.  She graced Dudelrok with a quirked brow, chuckling softly at his statement.  "That's an odd thing for you to say....especially considering that everyone knows that your mama ran your household....not your father.  Who was it boss came too when things needed done?  It sure wasn't dear old daddy now was it?" 

Looking around at the rest of the family, she sat back in her chair and thought for a few moments, choosing the person carefully.  I think Imogen would lead us right."  She said at last, nodding her head, liking her choice for Don.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Imogen

Imogen pulled a slender cigarillo from the breast pocket of her black jacket, where it had rested with its fellows. She palmed a lighter and bowed her head to the tiny flame, glancing at Dudelrok from the corner of her eyes. She sat back in her seat, taking the occasional drag from her smoke while the others spoke their peace.

She smiled widely when Mith spoke and waved the hand holding her cigarillo, painting a ribbon of smoke. "Much appreciated,, Mithomwen, but I agree with the others." A twinkle lit the dark eyes from within. "We've tried brute force. Now, it's time for something else. For cunning, and decisive action."

"You have my support."

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

DudelRok

The meeting was going poorly, to say the least. Everyone with their high ideals and their free equality. But someone special hit a very specific nerve out of everyone. Mithlomwen, his soon to be Don if things continued, struck just the right note on just the right instrument. With a snort and a grumble, Dudel threw his hands up and gave up. "Least I had a mum to take care'a me." Grumbling some more, he really was one big mommy's boy at one point.

Out numbered and out matched, he really did admit defeat. "The Don's in charge and I know the family rules. Wont get to much trouble from my mouth, ain't need worry." Cracking his knuckles and then popping neck before resting flatly at the table he attacked not to long before, Dudel would do his job and keep the family moving like he knew he should. "Dames," He puffed out his mouth before crossing his arms, almost pouting like a child.

I AM THE RETURN!

thirteenhearts

Thirteen uses her heel to kick the back door open to the dancer's changing room at the Salty Seamen, startling the burlesque performers.  "I've been hearing things.  Like some of you dames are holding out on paying the house it's cut.  As you can imagine, this makes me very angry to hear."  Thirteen hissed at the dancers in a calm but confident manner.  Slowly, she hikes up her skirt showing the dancers the pearl handled .22 pistol that is haltered above her black stocking and looks each of the five dancers dead in the eye. 

"Now it's time to pay up ladies." and with that Thirteen approaches the dancers for the house cut of their tips.  The scared workers scramble for their coin purses among the dressing tables to fork over the dough.  Thirteen gets to the last dancer in line who speaks awkwardly offering apologies that she doesn't have the money.  A ruthless hard slap across the cheek stuns the dancer as Thirteen looks her in the eye and says coldly "You better have the dough by tomorrow or else!  I don't have time for your excuses and neither does Beguile's Mistress who's my vote for the Don."

Aiden

"As I can not vote for myself, then I would put my fate in the hands of Mithlomwen"

Remiel

Current voting:

Cannolis
Mithlomwen (6)
Imogen (1)

Linguines
Beguile's Mistress (4)
Valerian (3)
Rolin (1)

Yet to vote: DTW.

-----

Realizing that the longer they remained leaderless, the greater the advantage they would give their hated enemies in the inevitable turf war, both families put aside their internal squabbling and petty arguments and rallied behind their respective leaders: Don Mithlomwen Cannoli and Don Beguile's Mistress Linguine.  Their leaders chosen unequivocally, there could be no more dissent within either clan.  United as one, the Linguines began to plot their first moves against the Cannolis, just as the Cannolis began to plot their own first strike against the Linguines. 

Soon, there would be blood in the streets once more.

---

Unfortunately, until either DTW returns, or I can find a replacement for him, the game is on pause.  I hate to do this, everyone, but one family having more members than the other hands it a huge advantage.   :-\  Please tell your friends!  We need just one more person in order to proceed.

Remiel

With the identity of the two Dons made public knowledge, the tension in the streets of Little Italy had reached an almost palpable state.  Everyone could feel it -- the policemen walking their daily beats, the news criers on the corners, Mr. and Mrs. John Q Public as they went about their simple lives, working their simple jobs.  Worried mothers warned their children to stay indoors; shopkeepers glanced nervously out their shopfront windows.  No one wanted to be caught in the middle of the impending gang warfare.

For already, shady backroom deals were being brokered, as shadowy figures met in the backs of pawn shops and in secretive basements.  It was widely rumored that the Cannolis had secretly approached certain key members in the Linguine command structure, offering to buy them out in return for betraying their Family.  In response, the Linguines responded in kind, as neutral third parties acting as Linguine brokers approached select Cannolis in the same manner.   Most of those solicited in this manner refused outright, claiming angrily that no amount of money was worth their loyalty, but there were one or two Rats who did take the offer, who did sell out, effectively becoming spies for the enemy.

Just to remind everyone, the heads of the families are, respectively, Don Mithlomwen and Don Beguile's Mistress.  Very shortly, I will send out PMs, asking the two Dons to assign roles to their family members, but first, I will randomly select from each family the Rat, who essentially will be the traitor.   The Cannoli Rat, for example, will still be publicly identified as a Cannoli, but will secretly be working for the Linguines (as in only the Rat knows who the Rat is) and vice versa.  The Rats will be notified via PM.  If you do not receive a PM during this stage, you are not the Rat.

Remember, Don Mithlomwen and Don Beguile's Mistress are the leaders of their families, and as such, cannot be the Rat.

Cannoli Family                                          Linguine Family
Don Mithlomwen                                          Don Beguile's Mistress
Aiden                                          Absinthe Tori
Cassiopeia                                          Esoteric Myobi
Dudelrok                                          Lord Mayerling
Galanthor                                          Rolin
Imogen                                          Thirteenhearts
Moirae                                          Valerian
Ramster                                          Xandi

Remiel

The tension in Little Italy only continued to increase.  The time for violence was near.  Already, the two Dons began to plot and scheme, planning out how to best cripple their rivals' operations without drawing Federal attention.  For while the local cops were corrupt, weak, or incompetent, the last thing that anybody wanted was the intervention of the Feds.

Contrary to popular belief, a Mafia family was not a collection of ill-trained thugs.  It was a well-organized unit, with each member performing a specific and important function.  Although the Dons were at the head of the pyramid, they needed to rely on their underlings.  As such, they would appoint some of their associates to the posts of Underboss, Consigliere, Assassin, Caporegime, or Capo, and Bodyguard.  Even if an associate was not appointed to one of the major roles, he still could have an important function, like Wheelman, Lookout, or Soldati.  There were no useless or unimportant jobs in the Mafia.

The time has come for the Dons to assign roles to each member.  As a reminder, the chief responsibilities for each position are:

• Underboss: no special abilities, but will take over in the event that the Don is incapacitated or inactive.
  • Consigliere: will try to hunt out the Rat within his own ranks.
  • Capo: can protect one Family member each night from his opponents' vote.
  • Bodyguard: is responsible for protecting the Don from the enemy Assassin's bullet.
  • Assassin: has one chance to eliminate any target in the game, including the opposing Don, but can be blocked by the Bodyguard.

You will be contacted within the next few days by PM, informing you of your role.

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile leaned back in her seat, one arm hooked over the back and blood red nails tapping out a tatoo on the table top with her free hand.  Now that the members of the Linguine family had elected her to be their leader she had some important decisions to make.  Certain positions in the organization needed to be filled immediately before the Cannoli's formulated a plan of attack and made the first move. 

She knew her associates were loyal and trustworthy and thought long and hard about who would best serve the needs of the family above their own desires.  That was going to make the selection all the harder because each of the family members had their own unique qulities and all would put the good of the family first.  She was confident, once her options were fully examined, that those she picked would serve the family well and the others would fill in all the other holes that remained in the Linguine family. 

Pushing back her chair Beguile rose and strode across the room, long legs carrying her swiftly to the door of The Salty Seaman and out into the low evening light.  She slid into the back seat of the limousine waiting for her, flipped her long auburn hair over her shoulders and nodded to the driver as she handed him a sheet of paper with a list of names her violet eyes meeting his dark brown gaze.

"Take me to the first name on the list."  It was time to let everyone know who was running the family and who as going to be responsible for certain jobs in the well-oild machine she was building of the the Linquine family.

Zealously Jaded

Soon after Beguile was announced Absinthe congratulated the new Don before headed home. She knew that she would have to get her things in order…the family was weak before but now it would be strong again. She just hoped that Beguile would hold off visiting until she managed to get rid of the excess money in her safe…somehow she doubted it.

Absinthe ran a small bar close to the Salty Seaman usually she would close and send her patrons over to the Seaman…but not before she had made them spend their money.

Remiel

The time for blood feud was imminent.  With the ranks filled, and the positions of leadership chosen, all that remained was for either the Cannolis or the Linguines to make the first move.  The resourceful Capos, well-equipped and well financed, tried to guess who would be first on their enemies' hit lists, and took steps to prepare.

Capos, please PM me with the name of the person you wish to protect.    The first round of voting will begin sometime Tuesday, 6 July. 

To those of you who observe it, happy 4th of July! Be safe!

Remiel

Under the skilled eyes of the Capos, men and resources had been allocated to make sure that a few of their Associates were well-protected.  It was a shame, alas, that they could not safeguard everyone in this manner.

It started as a simple argument, in innocuous enough circumstances.  A low-ranking Linguine goon insulted the honor of a low-ranking Cannoli goon's sister.  The Cannoli voiced his displeasure by laying the Linguine flat out; when he came to, the Linguine gathered up some of his friends and came back that night with baseball bats.  Although they made sure that the Cannoli wouldn't walk again for a few months, they didn't count on some of the Cannoli's own friends waiting for them in an abandoned parking lot with switchblades.   After one of the Linguines had to be sent to the hospital with severe lacerations, things really got ugly.

Little Italy simply wasn't big enough for both Families.  There were only so many protection rackets to be paid, so many crooked cops and judges to bribe, so many stoolies to shake down.  It was only a matter of time before the bullets began to fly.

The Capos have chosen their protectees; it is now time for each side to vote on which member of the other family they want to see sleep with the fishes.  Remember, this is not a popularity contest.  Only one gang will win the Battle for Little Italy; the purpose of the voting is to try to cripple the rival team's organization by getting rid of their high-ranking members.   The voting will continue until 11:59 pm, Friday, 9 July, at which point two teams of hit men will be sent after the Cannoli with the most votes,  and the Linguine with the most votes.  Ties will be broken by the Dons (or the Underbosses, if the Dons haven't voted). Remember that the Dons themselves are immune from being targeted by vote.  You cannot vote for Don Mithlomwen or Don Beguile's Mistress, but anybody else is fair game.

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile sent out a call to all her associates that a meeting was to be convened at the Salty Seaman to discuss the need to hit the Cannolis and hit them hard.  One of them needed to be eliminated in order to send a message that the Linguines were a force to be reckoned with.

Two ice cubes floated in a glass of bourbon catching the meager light of the lounge area where the Don sat ensconced in a high-backed arm chair looking for all the world like a queen on her throne.  Long slender legs encased in sheer black silk were cross at the knee as she waited patiently for her messages to be acknowledged.  But her patience was not inexhaustible.  Something better start happening and it better start happening soon because if the Cannolis hit first she was not going to be happy at all.

Mithlomwen

Word had gotten back to her that the Linguine family were up to no good again, not that this was surprising news to her, but the business they were up to didn't set well with her at all.  She had heard whispers and rumors that they were once again encroaching on Cannoli territory, trying to bribe certain business associates and cut into their profits. 

The Linguine Family needed to be taught a lesson that no one...but no one stole from the Cannolis, and so it was that Don Mithlomwen put a hit out on Absinthe Tori with the order that they would also receive the message that they were down a family member thanks to the Cannolis, and that if they continued to trespass more would be lost.
Baby, it's all I know,

Imogen

Imogen exited the Chevrolet that was almost longer than the narrow street it was parked in. No matter, she had always dreamed of having a big car and something as circumstancial as the small streets in Little Italy wouldn't stop her. She lit a cigar and ascended the steps towards the front door and swept into the place Don Mithlomwen had assigned for the first session of the Canelloni war council.

She moved the ashtray to sit upon the table in front of her chosen seat and sank into the chair. Keenly, she looked at the gathered family. "The men are ready. All they need is a target. Who's gonna spaghetti with the fishes tonight, eh?" She leaned forward, elbows on the table. "I suggest we'll take out that gnocchi chewing wench Thirteenhearts. She's taking control of the whatchaknow.. entertainment, and we can't have that, eh?" She sat back. "Unless the Don suggests someone else, that's my vote."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Imogen

"I meant Absinthe Tori of course" Imogen tchah'd and smirked, exhaling a plume of smoke to the ceiling.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

thirteenhearts

Thirteen sat at the table and nodded to the members of the Linguine's respectfully.  She licked her blood red lips before taking a stiff drink of gin and gruffly started speaking. 

"Being passive isn't going to fly around here.  I think we can all agree on that.  I don't like how Moirae has been lurking around the Salty Seaman and I think she's up to no good.  Maybe someone should take her for a little ride out to the harbor if you know what I mean."

Valerian

Val bowed her head in respect for their new Don as she arrived, offered a polite greeting, and sat down, carefully smoothing out her skirt, when the Don waved her to a chair.  Val gestured for a drink, which a servant so discreet as to be nearly invisible, quickly brought to her.

With the situation so dire, she decided to get straight to the point.  "We all know that all the Canellonis are trouble," she began, taking a sip of her drink.  "But for what it's worth, I hear that Dudelrok has been making the most noise about coming after us hard.  We might want to try taking him out."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile nodded at thirteen and lifted her glass in acknowledgment before sipping at the dark amber liquid.  She pondered the choice Val made and tipped her glass in that direction also and waited to hear what the others had to say.

"Speak up everyone.  You know the Cannolis aren't sitting on their well-spread fannies waiting to see what we'll do."  Her voice was deep and soft, making the others lean toward her to make out the words.  "It might take an effort for Don Mithlomwen to get them moving but move they will.  If they want to be greedy and keep everything for themselves instead of sharing with their betters..."  She shrugged then as though the idea was less than meaningless.

EDIT:  Sorry, Val.  I didn't mean to overlook you.

Ramster

Ramster sipped his glass of grappa with a smirk as his fellow Cannoli decided on a target. He'd had trouble deciding which of the notorious Linguine should take a dirt nap first, but now Don Mith had spoken, and everyone who'd opened their mouths until now agreed, he was happy to go along with the boss. "Sounds like that Absinthe Tori has made an unfortunate mistake," he nodded. "We've got to start somewhere. Let Absinthe Tori sleep with the fishes tonight."
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Aiden

Standing with a stoic face across his features, the man of few words nodded his agreement on taking out Absinthe Tori no matter if she did have on hell of a pair of gams.  Aiden was as tight lipped as a devout catholic nun, so he had no reason to waste his breath speaking out if the boss already had her target picked out.

Tharic

Rolinzio walked slowly through the bar of the Salty Seaman, his bat resting on his shoulder still. "Eh, oh, so I certainly sees a trend heres. All da Cannolis is good at iz followin a lead. Me personally, I think since we can't get rid of Don Mithlomwen yet.. "

Rolinzio paused, looking his fellow Linguines slowly up and down and raising his bat.. "yet... "

He continued pacing through the bar, "But we can at least get rid of da first one who voted her in, si? I'd recommend Moirae for da vote since she was da first who voted for Don Mithlomwen..For all we knowz, da rest of da fargin Cannolis just followed her lead."

Galanthor

Galanthor was drinking some red wine, looking at his comarades in deep though...

"Valerian's reputation is nearly as high as the don's...i'm sure she's the underboss...an important target but not right now...we gotta aim for the capo and the assasins...i have no clue which one that might be, so we could easily kill Absinthe Tori as well as any other."

Nipping at his glass he smiled. The first strike would mean war and on the end of it...the city is bound to burn. The winning party will be able to raise it from the ashes, shaping it from the beginning

One gone, seven on the run then, he thought.

DudelRok

Each vote came with a snort from Dudel's nose. Shit, didn't matter who he voted for now, did it? "'ell if I'm rockin' the boat after the noise I's makin' before." He'd been there awhile, trying to pander to the new Don and keep on her good side. He didn't need anyone thinking anything they shouldn't be thinking, he was loyal and would do what duties were asked of him.

"Absinthe Tori it is then, eh?" Again, like it really mattered at all. Do as the Don said, keep you head down and be a good loyal dog were his only options right now. "Betta than using some dice." The thought made him chuckle, who would leave someone's life up to chance? A fool maybe?

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia sipped her glass of red wine slowly, savoring the vintage as she took in the others thoughts and words.  It would be interesting to see the changes amongst their family now that Mithlomwen was Don, and she admitted to herself that she liked this aggressive first move.  Certainly there were others who could have been more powerful within the Linguine family, ones who had more pull, but what was important now was for their family to be united and of one mind.  That was the only way they would ever be able to maintain a hold on Little Italy.

With a nearly impassive face she set her glass down on the table and brushed her strawberry locks back so the others could meet her eyes.  Crossing her long legs, covered by the slim-fit skirt of her understated black dress, she folded her hands into her lap and ever so calmly and without emotion stated, "Absinthe Tori should be the first we use to send our message."  Her cool blue-green eyes never once faltered or seemed to have any doubt as her slender hand reached for the glass once more and brought it up to her full lips.

Autumn52

Xandi arrived late to the meet that the Don had called and was nervous as she enter the room. She looked to Don Beguile and made her apologies for her lateness.

Xandi looked around and said, "I think Dudelrok needs to sleep with the fishes and I have a pair of cement boots waitin for him. That guy has got a big mouth and he gets on my nerves. Plus I think it might send a good message to the Cannolis if one of their tough guys got the lights out. Just my opinion of coarse."

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

desert ashes

Moirae had been quietly listening to the votes and words of those around her, idly sipping from a glass of wine and not once letting her gaze rest as it continually moved from door to door, window to window.  "I'll agree with the majority and say Absinthe Tori." 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Lord Mayerling

The comte di Mayerglione sat directly across the table from his Donna. His eyes were shaded by a grey fedora, his face was emotionless. He remembered a time when the Cannolis and Linguines worked together on the blocks between Mott and Mulberry.

A puff of cigar smoke swirled from his lips at he looked at Donna Mistress, the veritable Queen of the family. She hadn’t voiced her vote yet, and if he knew her, she would only allow herself to be the final voice from the table. He tried not to look like he was staring, but the expressionless face he wore made it extremely difficult.

Dudelrok and Moirae had been the names expressed thus far. He knew both of them personally, and had worked with both of them before prior to Pastrami’s death, which would make either of their deaths that much more personal to him. Moirae, in particular, he had been fond of, especially her taste in music.

Had been fond of.

Moirae,” Mayerglione stubbed out his cigar. “Dat bitch don’t deserve to live anoder night.” He then stood up and took his leave, wrapping his coat about his shoulders. He needed a whore.

Zealously Jaded

Wanders into the meeting a little late and a more then half cut... it was a very good party she ahd been in. "Sorry I'm late...been celebrating my birthday...who are we going to kill?" She giggled softly hicuping slightly. "Hmmm I'm going to have to say... "Moirae." She sat down slowly.

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile looked around the empty room a slow smile of satisfaction spreading across her scarlet painted lips.  It had been a good evening.  The hit had been decided and Moirae Cannoli would be fish food this time tomorrow.  The lady rose gracefully from her chair and smoothed the red silk dress over her hips, picked up her jacket and headed for her limousine.

Remiel

And so, as the first day came to a close, it was decided.  The Cannolis, falling into lockstep behind their Don, agreed unanimously that an example must be made of Absinthe Tori, while the Linguines, although much less of one mind, eventually decided that Moirae would be the first to taste the wrath of the Linguine family.   Contract killers, hit men-for-hire, were paid and contracted to hunt down and eliminate their targets.  Surely Moirae's time was running out, as was that of Absinthe Tori.

Yet all hope was not entirely lost.  The Capos still stood between the hit men and their victims; did they have enough prescience to guess correctly?  The neighborhood would know soon enough, with the rising of the sun.

Meanwhile, word had reached both Dons that there lurked traitors in their ranks, cowardly Rats who had sold out to their rivals.  Simultaneously, the Consiglieres got busy hitting up their contacts, and calling in favors, trying to discern who among them was in the enemy's pocket. 

And then there were the Assassins, who lurked in the shadows, biding their time...

--------

The first night has fallen.  Consiglieres, please PM me with the name of the person you wish to investigate;  Bodyguards, please do likewise with the name of the person you wish to protect.  Assassins, please let me know if you wish to take your shot tonight, and if so, who your victim is.   Moirae and Absinthe Tori are still alive, as of this moment.

Remiel

Despite the baking heat, an ill wind blew through the urban streets, industrial yards, and gritty harbors of Little Italy.   The fragile peace, maintained for so long by Don Pastrami, could never last.  A red moon cast its ichorous pall upon the city, which had settled into a troubled and uneasy sleep. 

As if on cue, a scream shattered the night, soon to be chorused by barking dogs and babies' cries.  Police sirens blared throughout the tourist district.  The blood-soaked body of Absinthe Tori, a Linguine Associate, riddled with bullets from a Thompson automatic rifle, was found in an alley, not far from the very nightclub where she'd been celebrating her birthday. 

But hers was not the only life that would come to a tragic and untimely end that night.  In the morning, a humble fisherman would find the body of Moirae, the Cannoli Capo, wrapped in chickenwire and wearing concrete shoes, in his dredge-nets.  Moirae would be able to guard her fellow Cannolis no longer.

However, even that wasn't the end of the gruesome chain of events.  Lord Mayerling, the Linguine Capo, was found by his family, in his car, slumped over the steering wheel, a .30-06 bullet hole directly between his eyes.  He had been killed instantly, the victim of the Cannoli Assassin. Like Moirae, he could now be able to protect his compatriots no more.

Absinthe Tori, Moirae, and Lord Mayerling, you have all been killed.   Unfortunately, this means you can no longer post in this thread, but feel free to comment in the Out of Character thread all you like. 

As both Capos are deceased,  let's go ahead and jump right into the next day, and the round of voting.  Voting will end at 11:59, Thursday 15 July.

Aiden                                          Esoteric Myobi
Cassiopeia                                          Rolin
Dudelrok                                          thirteenhearts
Galanthor                                          Valerian
Imogen                                          Xandi
Ramster                                          Lord Mayerling (Capo)
Moirae (Capo)                                          Absinthe Tori (Associate)

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile’s paced back and forth in the lounge of The Salty Seaman her four-inch heels cracking loudly on the hard wooden floor, long, slender legs clad in sheer black silk flashing beneath the short black leather skirt.  Her breasts heaved inside the black lace blouse she wore as she took one deep breath after another trying to get her temper under control.

“Two!  Those damn Cannolis took out two of our people.”  Tears formed in the thickly lashed eyes but she refused to let them fall.  A bottle of bourbon sat on the polished surface of the bar.  She picked it up looked for a glass and finding none shrugged and took a long pull from the mouth of the bottle.  Sucking in another deep breath between her teeth she slammed the bottle on the bar causing a drop of amber liquid to fly up and splash the back of her hand.  She stared at it for a second then licked it off.

“I am not taking this lying down,” she growled to the empty room.  “They may have the numbers but we have the brains and we are going to beat them at their own game.”  That being said the Don took a seat and waited for the rest of her family to arrive so they could discuss which Cannoli was going to be taken out next.  She lifted the bottle once more, took another long drink then threw the bottle across the room, narrowly missing the head of a Linguine family member just entering.  Glass shattered and bourbon ran down the wall to puddle on the floor.

thirteenhearts

Thirteen barged through the doors of The Salty Seaman dragging one of the dancers by her hair behind her.  "Get to work you fucking whore!  I'm sick of you being late"  Yelling at the dancer and pushing her towards the center.  Thirteen was in a rage after finding out that the other mafia had murdered two of her comrades.  The dancer tried to wipe the black mascara running down her cheeks as she hobbled towards the stage.

In the commotion, Thirteen barely saw the bottle that was hurling towards her head, thankfully missing her by about a foot and crashing against the wall.  She looked over to see her Don at the bar and walked over to join her in a huff.  "Gimme a gin" she barked at the bartender already smelling the bourbon on Don Beguile's Mistress.  She could only imagine how displeased her Don was and decided the best thing to do was to take action quickly.  Leaning towards her Don so that the barkeep wouldn't over hear the conversation she whispered:  "That bastard Aiden has it coming next!"

Autumn52

Xandi walked into the Salty Seaman outraged by the events of the previous evening. She was so upset that when some idiot got in her way as she walked to the bar she punched him in the gut and pushed him out of the way.

As she approached her Don and 13 she knew what the plan of action would be, hit back hard and fast and she couldn't agree more. Those bastards had taken out 2 of their own and now they would bleed.

She nodded to the barman and ordered a Sasparilla. Next she looked at Don Beguile and said, "I tell you who has been beggin to take a long walk off a short pier is that Imogen. She is one of Miths favorites and this time we gotta hit that damn Cannolis family where it hurts.

Galanthor

Galanthor opened the newspaper and smiled. Two gone... Shamefully at the loose of Moire...

"well, guess we'll have to take another of there lives in order to show them we're serious. Well let's see...how about Rolin? Think he's the type guy needed for an assessin."

Galanthor closed the papers again. They need to get their assasins out...after the capo's death they are the only thing that gives them an advantage...bodyguards and the rest can wait

Mithlomwen

Don Mithlomwen listened to Galanthor and shook her head slowly.  "I don't know, Rolin just doesn't seem the type to take someone out like that you know?  My money is on Xandi."
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Val seethed quietly as she arrived, her pale face made even more pale by the dark suit and skirt she wore as a sign of respect to their fallen comrades.  This was a blow -- it made them look weak -- but if they could keep their cool, it might also make the hated Cannolis underestimate them.  The Linguines should never be underestimated.

"My vote is for Galanthor," she said, quietly but firmly.  "He's always way too pleased with himself about something.  But as long as we take one of them out, I don't really care which one."  She waved for a martini, which the bartender brought hastily, and downed half of it in one swallow.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Aiden walked into the Don's office with an emotionless mask across his face, his leather gloves reached into a coat pocket and pulled out a file. Pictures of Esoteric Myobi, running around on their turf and getting into their business. He wanted her dead, fast!

Imogen

Imogen arrived in a cloud of cigar smoke and Chanel no. 5. Eyes narrowed at the scattered evidence on Don Mithlomwen's desk. "She's bad seed, that one, but I think we wanna measure Xandi a cement jacket first. Word on the street says she's sucking the other end of a spaghetti straw with Don Beguile's."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

DudelRok

What? A rat... a traitor? This couldn't be, one of his family members was being a sneaky little so-and-so, giving info to the other boss? No, Dudel misheard. What did he hear? Oh, Xandi was.. that wasn't one of his family so lets let it go. Sweating bullets, last night felt so close to death it was frightening!

The guy had been rather jumpy since this last night, words came from somewhere that his head was close to the proverbial chopping block the and such a thing did tend to make even the strongest of men a bit antsy. Of course, Mommy's Little Boy would be a bit jumpier than even that. "What!?" He jumped at some sounds here and there, looking at those around him rather nervously... there was no sounds. The entire night he practically hid in this place... waiting for his Don's protection. God one night and he was already shitting bricks. "Xandi... yeah, that or thirteen.. no Xandi." His mind made up as he nodded to the Don then sat nervously in his chair.

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia was in a less calm state than normal, still reeling over the loss of a member of the family.  Ordinarily she seemed sedate and quiet until someone fucked with a member of the family!  She paced back and fourth, seething deep within her own mind.  There was a long list of Linguines she wanted taken out and if it had been within her capabilities they would have all been fish bait by morning.  But their Don was wise, strategic.  They would pick them off one by one and paint little Italy with their blood ...

She raked a polished hand through her golden waves and looked over at the other gathered members of the family.  "I want Xandi dead!  That putana has been tellin' people my hair color ain't natural!" she growled, her coarser accent slipping through as it had a habit of doing when she was in a rage.  It mattered little that the Cannolis had taken out two Linguines already, she wanted them all fineto and painfully if possible.

Tharic

The blow struck the man with such force he was knocked over the front of his car. The second man merely stood there, his head bowed meekly. "I told you, we don't know how they knew." The bat swung yet another time, striking the man in the stomach. As he bent over, a knee raised up, splitting his lip open and showering a spray of blood in the air. The man gasped for air, attempting to rest against the car when the bat swung yet again, splitting his skull open and knocking him down in a pool of his own blood.

Rolinzio breathed deeply, wiping the bat off against the back of the fallen street thug. He stood there in the back alleyway for a moment, pondering what could have gone so wrong in the last few days. "Youz fargin iceholes think youz not gonna give da Linguine family what wez demands? You fargin iceholes I cant'z believes dis!" In a rage, Rolinzo drove back to the Salty Seaman and threw open the doors. "You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches. My own club!  Aiden you fargin bastage youz is goin down!"

Remiel

Both families had committed crimes against the other, and both families would pay the price.  Blood begat blood, violence begat retribution.  This time it would be Aiden and Xandi whose hours were numbered.  Without their Capos to protect them, they were almost certainly living on borrowed time.

Consiglieres, please PM me with the targets of your investigations.  I also need to hear from the Linguine Assassin and the Cannoli Bodyguard.

Aiden                                          Esoteric Myobi
Cassiopeia                                          Rolin
Imogen                                          Xandi
Ramster                                          Lord Mayerling (Capo)
Moirae (Capo)                                          Absinthe Tori (Associate)

Ramster

Ramster thumped his fist on the table at the mention of Xandi. "I agree, that sneaky lowlife Xandi has been interfering with my weasel dust racket down in Little Dominica for far too long. Measure her for a concrete overcoat!" He took out a cigarette, agitatedly tapped it on the back of his hand and asked Imogen for a light, then smoked angrily, adding to the thick blue cloud hanging over the table.
A/As!!!

Remiel

The sun set a second time over the blood-stained streets of Little Italy, and if the dark clouds rolling in were any kind of omen, this night was to be even worse than the last.  Thunder rolled, lightning flashed, and soon the first raindrops spattered against the dust, the grime, and the decay of the city streets.  The drizzle turned into a downpour, as if the heavens themselves were mourning the carnage that was to come...

Aiden was in his workshop, cleaning his high-powered rifle, when there came a knock on the workshop door.  Tensing, he quietly put down his polishing cloth, picked up his silenced .22 pistol, and carefully eased the door open.  There was nothing there, but the susurration of the wind and the rain.  Nervously, the Cannoli Assassin glanced into the shadows, but he did not see the garrote as it was slipped around his neck from behind and pulled tight...

At the same time, across town, Xandi, the Linguine Assassin, was returning from a successful job with a certain sense of satisfaction.  Her mission was complete; her shot had been taken.  Of course, what she did not know was that the car bomb underneath her seat was rigged to blow the moment the ignition shut off.  Parking her car in her driveway, she had only a fraction of a second to realize something was wrong before both car and driver were ripped apart by the fiery blast.   It was only later that the authorities would also discover the charred and very dead body of Imogen, the Cannoli Underboss, in Xandi's trunk.

And there was still one more person who would not live to see the sunrise.  In the morning, the Cannolis found the body of Rolin, the Linguine Underboss, dumped at the front door of their base of operations.  From the look of things, he had been tortured and shot in the back of the head, execution-style.  A note pinned to his lapel said, "this is what we do to filthy Cannoli Rats around here.  Signed, the Linguine Consigliere."

Once again, since the Capos are both dead, voting will commence.  The round will end 11:59pm, Monday 19 July.

Ramster                                          Xandi (Assassin)
Imogen (Underboss)                                          Lord Mayerling (Capo)
Aiden (Assassin)                                          Absinthe Tori (Associate)
Moirae (Capo)                                         
Rolin (Rat, Linguine Underboss)                                         

thirteenhearts

Shaking her head in disgust, Thirteen lit a cigarette taking a long drag.

Rolin? That dirty rat was probably feeding information to the Cannoli's the whole time!  That bastard got what he deserved.

She watched the smoke rise into various shapes contemplating what the Family's next move should be while her blood boiled with rage.  From her downtown apartment Thirteen called the Don on her black rotary phone.  Her words were cautious, as you never knew if the fuzz had tapped the lines. 

"Cassiopeia has a date tomorrow night."  She told the Don.  After hanging up the phone, Thirteen paced around her apartment for a few minutes before opening a hidden safe that was behind a mirror in the living room.  She took out a .45 and two magazines then laid them on the coffee table and lit another cigarette.

Valerian

Today, Val tossed back her martini with a certain grim satisfaction as she contemplated recent events.  True, they'd lost another two members of the Family, but so had the Cannolis -- and really, the Linguines had only lost one person.  That filthy rat Rolin didn't count, and it was a relief to know that the consigliere's revenge was so swift.  No wonder the Cannolis had gotten off to such a good start, bribing their underboss.  Well, now they'd just have to make do without their snitch.

She sent a note around to the Don, expressing both sympathy for the loss of the loyal Xandi, and sincere relief at knowing that all the remaining members of the Family were also loyal.  Below these sentiments was just one word: "Galanthor."  He was still too pleased with himself.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

DudelRok

"thirteenhearts, thirteenhearts, thirteenhearts," Dudel shouted like a spoiled child as he pounded and pounded on the table he was apparently in front of. "She's don pissed ma off fer da last time!" His rolling accent not being able to pick a language he seems to want to speak, his message was very clear and his resound was even clearer but he did seem to be acting a child.

I AM THE RETURN!

Mithlomwen

Shaking her head, Don Mithlomwen couldn't believe that they had lost both Aiden and their rat.  "So much for my good money going to waste."  She said grouchily.  "Something tells me that Valerian had something to do with this.  I think she needs to learn what happens when someone crosses us." 
Baby, it's all I know,

Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia's emotions were in conflict.  So pleased was she over the death of Xandi, yet she was in mourning over the loss of another member of their brethren and their most valued rat.  With a sigh she tilted her head forward, looking down at the table and sending her long tresses tumbling forward to shroud her face.  Thirteenhearts had always proven to be a thorn in her side, but she doubted if that choice would do the most damage to the Linguines, and it was all about completely stomping them out.  Pushing her personal feelings aside she quietly said "Valerian, I think she's got more power than we even realize."  Her slender hand stroked over the .38 caliber pistol, nestled securely in her thigh holster, well concealed by the skirt of her dress.  Despite being Italian there was only one language the Linguines understood - violence.

Galanthor

Galanthor smoked a big cigar. The war was close to an end... So many Canolli gone, the main figures mostly revealed...maybe this cigar would be his last. Everything was as he has forseen it...not in every detail but...still... The Linguines have eliminated one more Canolli than lost their people... No assasin and not bodyguard left...in fact there was only one thing left that would determine the end of this war...the Linguines still had a rat...finding it would mean the death of both families,  not finding only theirs...so Galanthor would die anyway...

"Take Valerian if you want...it does no matter anymore, who dies"

Ramster

Ramster bit his nails nervously. The Linguine were picking them off left, right and centre, but there was hope yet. The Linguine assassin lay dead too, after all, as did their capo. Now to streamline taking down the survivors in the endgame. "Valerian it is then," he decided, "and I think she should have been higher on our lists of targets. Look what she's had done to us!"
A/As!!!

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguiles paced back and forth in her private office at The Salty Seaman comparing the choice before her.  Thinking back over the last few days she looked at each move both families made.  Suddenly she stopped and stood looking into the full-length mirror on the back of her office door.  One hand rested on her cocked hip and the other threaded through her thick auburn hair pulling it into a twist on the top of her head before letting it go to tumble around her face and shoulders.  An evil smile spread across her face.

"Galanthor!"

Esoteric Myobi

Business had taken longer than usual to finish and Myobi never left any loose ends untied. Apparently all hell had broken loose in the short span of time she'd been absent, a new Don had barely been chosen before heads started rolling left and right. Bursting into The Salty Seaman, a deep scowl marring her usual uncaring face, she stopped at the doorway to take in the surroundings. Unhappy faces everywhere, some jittery, others drunk, but the overall atmosphere was tense.

"Ah heard dat sumbody named Galanthor's been tearin us up..." Dark glittering eyes sweeped the room before she walked to the bar, heels clacking until she reached a stool and swiveled onto it. Drink in one hand, the other traced her S & W 642 lovingly she whispered silkily, "Ain't gonna happen for long now..."

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Remiel

Valerian, the Linguine Consigliere, wasn't stupid.  After all the violence and bloodshed of the past couple of days, she knew that danger literally lurked around every corner.  She played it smart: she never drove her own car, always having trusted friends and associates drive her around the city; she always kept a silenced .44 Magnum in her handbag at all times; she never took the same way home, and made sure to vary her schedule enough so that her habits couldn't be patterned; and she never entered her apartment without persuading or bribing someone else to do it first, in case there were any hidden assassins or incendiary devices waiting for her.

So far, it had worked.  After a thorough sweep of her suite revealed nothing more dangerous than her grey tomcat dozing beneath an armoire, she sat down at her desk and poured herself a celebratory glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.  Taking a drink, Valerian congratulated herself on outsmarting and outwitting her enemies.

Too bad she didn't notice that the cabernet was laced with a deadly dose of cyanide...

---

Meanwhile, ramster, the Cannoli Bodyguard, had just finished reading the letter written to him by Beguile's Mistress.  It read simply:

Galanthor is the target.  Make it look like an accident.

He nodded, set the letter on fire with a match from his pocket, and scattered the ashes out the window.  Then, tucking a snub-nose Smith & Wesson into the waistband of his pants, he adjusted his pinstripe suit jacket so that it hid the bulge.  Finally, checking his tie in the mirror one last time, he shut the door behind him.

A few minutes later, he knocked on the door to Galanthor's office.

"Come in," came the voice from within.

Ramster entered.  "You wanted to see me?"

"Take a seat," Galanthor insisted.

Ramster did so, slipping into the chair opposite the Cannoli Consigliere's desk.  Galanthor finished the note he was writing, closed the ledger, and gave Ramster a long, hard stare.  Then he cleared his throat. 

"I've been checking the accounts of every Cannoli Associate.  When I got to yours, I couldn't help but notice that a very substantial amount was added to your portfolio not long after the night Don Pastrami passed away.  A very sizeable amount.  One million dollars, in fact.  Would you care to explain that?"

Ramster stared back at Galanthor. He knew the gig was up.  Galanthor had discovered he was the Linguine Rat.  He was basically a dead man walking.  It was just as well that he had come to kill the Consigliere.

Both men moved at the same time.  There was the dual pop of handguns being fired simultaneously, and then acrid tang of gunpowder and blood.  Galanthor slumped back in his seat, his chest stained a deep crimson, his eyes glazing; his only consolation would be knowing that Ramster, that filthy rat,  had met the same fate.

---

Geez, that one was long.  Well, it looks like this one is headed for a tie, but there is one more X-factor to consider: whether one side will fall asleep at the wheel before both teams have a chance to pick each other off.  Next round of voting closes at 11:59 pm, PST Thursday, 22 July, or after I hear from everybody left standing, whichever comes first.

Galanthor (Consigliere)                                          Valerian (Consigliere)
Imogen (Underboss)                                          Xandi (Assassin)
Aiden (Assassin)                                          Lord Mayerling (Capo)
Rolin (Rat, Linguine Underboss)                                          Ramster (Rat, Cannoli Bodyguard)

DudelRok

Dudel sat there looking at his left over comrades, his face was almost blank. He didn't care right now, there wasn't a point... why was he even alive right now? Dodged a bullet or two, that's good. One more day living means one more day screwing and drinking, right? Yeah, that was the spirit.

There he chuckled, his feet up on the table he was apparently near and continued to watch. Yes, right now it just didn't matter all that much. With a shrug, he pulled a coin out of his pocket.

Heads for Esoteric Myobi and tails for thirteenhearts. The hell, right?

"Screw it," He thought to himself as he flicked the thing in the air then caught it and placed it one the back of his opposite hand. The coin sat there for a moment as Dudel still watched his partners in crime. The Don who one vote by some unknown luck and... whoever the heck the other chick was.

His hand raised, and it made him chuckle.

"thirteenhearts, heh... even fate wants'er dead."

I AM THE RETURN!

thirteenhearts

Thirteen was playing poker in the back room of an Italian restaurant near the Salty Seaman when the owner came and whispered in her ear that Valerian and their family's rat, Ramster, had been murdered.  She nodded as he scurried out of the hazy room filled with cigar and cigarette smoke.  Her fingers played with the various colored chips on the table remaining emotionless as the cards were dealt.  Thirteen threw back the shot of whiskey in front of her, feeling the burn in her throat and carefully peeked at her cards.  She wasn't playing for chump change and had amassed quite a bit of money from these other suckers at the table who doubted a woman playing.

Her mind focused on the cards for a moment and then ran through the remaining Linguine family.  Don Mith seemed to have everyone under her thumb, which left Dudelrok and Cassiopeia.  Thirteen looked at her cards; Aces & Eights...dead man's hand for Cassiopeia.

Cassiopeia

This was the most deadly rivalry the Cannoli family had ever come up against.  They would take out the Linguines or die trying.  There was a cold nothingness in the pit of her stomach, hatred, revenge, desperation, but not fear.  Never fear.  Drumming her polished nails on the cherry table top her cool eyes met each remaining member of her family.  "Thirteenhearts' time has come," she said with a quiet but sharp hate.  Thirteen was indeed an unlucky number.

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi couldn't believe their luck (or lack of) so far. The numbers have been frighteningly even and the actions on both sides had been unnervingly similar. At least the Rat had been found...who would've thought the dear Underboss would've sold himself out like that? Then again, they say that money talks. Never realized just how loudly till now.

With a slight shrug of her shoulders, she turned her mind back to the matters at hand. Three left. Just three left...but for now only two stood in the way of the Don. Dudelrok and Cassiopeia. Neither of them seemed to be much of a threat, it'd be like taking candy from a baby - or picking off flies from day old manure in this case. Nothing stank as bad as the damned Cannoli family.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Beguile's Mistress

Things had moved fast and now both families were left with depleted numbers.  It was time for the Linguines to put a stop to things and Don Beguile's Mistress was positive that taking Casseopia out was the best solution, the only solution.

Remiel

The war had taken its toll on both families.  Now, with their numbers depleted, mutual annihilation all but assured, there was only one motivation left: vengeance.  For the Cannolis, nothing would do but to make the Linguines pay for their crimes; alas, the Linguines were just as determined to take their toll in blood.  An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, it seemed nothing would stop both syndicates from completely wiping each other out.

Cassiopeia, a Cannoli Associate, and thirteenhearts, a Linguine Associate, faced each other upon the decaying wharfs of Pier Seven.  Neither wasted her energy on words or futile threats; the time for that was long past.  As a lone seagull shrieked, and a buoy clanged forlornly in the distance, both stared at each other, gun in hand. 

Suddenly, all hell broke loose.  With a shrieking of brakes and squealing of tires, the quay was illuminated with the red and blue of police cruiser lights.  As both Mob women turned to stare incredulously, a row of squad cars emptied, and dozens of policemen pointed their weapons.  "Cassiopeia!" shouted a detective.  "Thirteenhearts! Give it up! Put down your weapons, and put your hands in the air!"

Cassiopeia glanced sidelong at thirteenhearts, who returned the knowing gaze.  Bitter enemies they might have been, but neither of them was going to let the coppers take them alive.  It was a matter of honor, and of loyalty. Cassiopeia grinned; thirteenhearts winked.

As one, both women went down, guns blazing, in a hail of copper bullets. 

Not long now.  Next vote closes 11:59 PM, EST, Sunday 25 July, or whenever I hear from everybody left standing, whichever comes first.

Dudelrok                                          Esoteric Myobi
Cassiopeia (Associate)                                          thirteenhearts (Associate)
Galanthor (Consigliere)                                          Valerian (Consigliere)
Rolin (Rat, Linguine Underboss)                                          Ramster (Rat, Cannoli Bodyguard)

DudelRok

The news of last nights events rang through every snitch and mouth in the entire town. Everyone knew the two family's were systematically killing one another to an inevitable draw with a result of neither family running things but it was to late to stop things now. Maybe luck would strike and things would come in favor tonight. It was better to be safe then sorry.

"Esoteric Myobi," Dudel threw his hands up in the air as the words passed his lips, "Now led me see a guy aboud a wood'n baux." Only two left in the family and no one would go after the Don, not yet anyway.

This was going to be one hell of a night.

I AM THE RETURN!

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile’s turned this way and that in front of the triple mirror in the dressing room of her favorite boutique.  The short black cocktail dress with the halter neck fit in all the right places and the low-cut back stopped just short of being indecent.  She picked up her cell phone and placed a call as she studied how the side slit gave the barest glimpse of the lace band at the top of her stocking.  There was no sign of the holster hidden under her skirt or the .22 automatic that rode high on the inside thigh of her other shapely leg.

The ringing on the other end of the call stopped and silence followed.  Don Beguile knew the person on the other end and knew they would not make a sound.

”Dudelrock”, was all she said and waited until the connection was broken before flipping her phone closed.  Beguile’s went back to studying the fit of her new dress, smoothing it over the rounded shape of her bottom as she thought what a perfect funeral outfit it would make for that loud–mouth Dudelrock’s funeral.

Remiel

The war for Little Italy's underworld was not yet over.  Casualties continued to mount on both sides, as Cannoli and Linguine alike fell to the seemingly unending bloodbath.  As all of the other factions and power players watched in horror and amazement, the two families seemed destined for mutual annihilation, as their members fell, one by one.

Esoteric Myobi, the Linguine Bodyguard, had been preparing herself for this.  When she saw a white van bearing the logo "Giovanni's Roses" park on the street, underneath her apartment window, she quietly and calmly went into her bedroom, pulled the footlocker from underneath the bed, opened it, and took out the break-action twelve-gauge shotgun she kept there.  Opening the latch, she loaded two shells into the breach, closed it up, and primed the latch.  When she heard the footsteps upon the stairs up to her landing, she went and stood behind the door, the shotgun raised to her shoulder.  When she heard the knock upon her door, accompanied by a male voice announcing, "delivery for Esoteric Myobi," her rouged lips twisted into a smirk.  She fired, both barrels blowing a hole through the wood in an explosion of splinters. 

Very carefully, she eased open what was left of the door with the barrel of the shotgun, and was unsurprised to see the corpse of DudelRok, a Cannoli Associate, crumpled on the landing in a navy jumpsuit.  It was, of course, now stained red with his blood.  He was even wearing a Giovanni's cap.  An oblong package lay nearby, miraculously undamaged.

Did they seriously think that would work?  Did they think she was born yesterday? she wondered to herself.  Why, there probably weren't even any roses in that box!

Crouching, she ripped open the parcel.  Sure enough, the cardboard package didn't contain any roses.  What it did contain, however, was a few sticks of TNT, rigged up with a fuse and a clock timer.  As she watched, the the second hand of the timer shuddered through its last few seconds.  As the hand stopped on the 12, a small bell began to ring. 

She had just time to mutter, "son of a b--" before the explosion ripped apart the entire third story of the building.

Okay, Dons.  This is it, the last round.  Don Mithlomwen and Don Beguile's Mistress, will you put aside your differences, forgive your enemy her crimes, and call for an end to the long and pointless bloodshed?  Or will you continue fighting with your very last breath, in order to wreak vengeance for your fallen comrades?  Remember, there can be only one successor to Don Pastrami.  Like the Prisoner's Dilemma, will you risk trusting your worst enemy in order to survive? Or are you determined to prevail, no matter the cost, even if it means both of you die?  Make your choice by Wednesday, July 28th, 11:59 EST!

Dudelrok (Associate)                                          Esoteric Myobi (Bodyguard)
Cassiopeia (Associate)                                          thirteenhearts (Associate)

Mithlomwen

It had been decided.  They would meet face to face.  It was just the two of them left, their families all been killed in the resulting turf war. 

Don Mithlomwen arrived at the destination in a black stretch limousine, not sure what to expect.  Things could go a number of ways.  She could die.  She could win.  She could end up in a truce. 

So much blood had been shed already, did there really need to be more?  Especially hers.  But there was her family to think about.  Would calling a truce besmirch their memory?  Would they want their lives avenged by the death of Don Beguile's Mistress? 

So here it was, and here she was.  Stepping out of the limo, she made her way to the wharf they had both agreed on.  Neutral territory.  But she hadn't come unarmed.  A 45 pistol was tucked away in her purse....just in case.....

"Don Beguile's..."  She said evenly, stopping a short distance away from the other woman, her body tense and ready for action should there be any, but also open minded enough to hear her out. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Beguile's Mistress

So it had come to this.  The last two were to meet face to face and decide what course the future would take.  The past had taken care of itself.  One by one Canollis and Linguines had fallen in service to their family and their Don.

Don Beguile's watched as the limousine rolled into place seconds after hers had arrived.  She got out and stood beside the long black car that reflected the dull gray sky that held not a scrap of blue.  The sun would set soon and with the ending of the day would come the ending of the feud one way or the other.

The faces of their comrades crossed her mind as Don Beguile's stepped forward and matched her pace to Don Mithlomwen's.  Death of any sort was a waste but it was sometimes necessary.  Still, the best course was always to avoid it unless there was no other choice. 

The last step was taken and the two Don's faced off across 20 feet of worn and splintering planking.  The weight of the Glock in the pocket of her coat pocket was cold comfort to Don Beguile's but her hands at her sides were placed to easily slip in and take the grips.  Two pairs of eyes met and locked on each other, two bodies tensed preparing for the worst. 

"Don Mithlomwen..."  she replied.  "I think we have a decision to discuss, don't you?"  The expressions of both Dons were unreadable and with a sudden change the wind off the water dropped to a gentle breeze and everything became quite as though waiting to see how matters would proceed.

Remiel

And so it was that both Dons faced each other, mano y mano, on the pier where it had all started.  Beguile's Mistress, the Linguine Don, and Mithlomwen, the Cannoli Don, stood ten paces apart, while the wind whipped spitefully in their hair.  The atmosphere was tense; it seemed as if the entire city held its breath while it waited to see what would transpire.

"So it has come to this," said Beguile's Mistress.

"So it has," declared Mithlomwen, flatly.

"There has been a lot of blood shed in the war. Too much blood."

"Too much," agreed the Don of the Cannolis.

"Let us come to an agreement, then, and put an end to it.  Let there be no more fighting between our families," said the Linguine Don.

"It is only fair." 

Suddenly, there was a loud ~BANG!~ behind the two women.  Mithlomwen reached for the .45 Beretta in her purse, while Beguile's produced the Glock from her coat pocket.  They drew their weapons simultaneously, sighting the other, their fingers tightening on the triggers...

...and nothing happened. Very slowly, both women lowered their guns.  The loud explosion turned out to be nothing more than an old truck backfiring.  Smirking, Mithlomwen extended her hand; Beguile's Mistress took it. 

And from that day on, there was war between the two most prominent families no more.  The Cannolis and the Linguines, or what remained of them, put aside their grievances and agreed that, from that day onward, they would settle their disputes diplomatically.  Little Italy breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that the bitter feud had finally, and at long last, come to an end.

Of course, there were always other factions vying for power, other groups who would love to carve out a niche for themselves at the expense of either of Little Italy's most famous crime families...

So, as it turns out, both of the Dons decided to sue for a truce.   The breakdown of all of the roles and events is as follows:

Cannolis
Don -- Mithlomwen
Underboss -- Imogen
Consigliere -- Galanthor
Capo --  Moirae
Bodyguard -- Ramster (rat)
Assassin -- Aiden
Associates -- Cassiopeia, Dudelrok

Linguines
Don -- Beguile's Mistress
Underboss -- Rolin (rat)
Consigliere -- Valerian
Capo -- Lord Mayerling
Bodyguard -- Esoteric Myobi
ASsassin -- Xandi
Assocaties -- Absinthe Tori, thirteenhearts

Day One
The Cannolis elect Mithlomwen to be their Don.
The Linguines elect Beguile's Mistress to be their Don.
Moirae, the Cannoli Capo, elects to protect Aiden.
Lord Mayerling, the Linguine Capo, elects to protect thirteenhearts.
Galanthor, the Cannoli Consigliere, investigates Aiden.
Valerian, the Linguine Consigliere, investigates Esoteric Myobi.
Ramster, the Cannoli Bodyguard, protects Don Mithlomwen.
Esoteric Myobi, the Linguine Bodyguard, protects Don Beguile's Mistress.
Xandi, the Linguine Assassin, chooses to wait.
Aiden, the Cannoli Assassin, chooses to kill Lord Mayerling.

Night One
Moirae, the Cannoli Capo, is killed by Linguine goons.
Absinthe Tori, a Linguine Associate, is killed by Cannoli goons.
Lord Mayerling, the Linguine Capo, is killed by the Cannoli Assassin.

Day Two
Xandi, the Linguine Assassin, chooses to kill Imogen.
Galanthor, the Cannoli Consigliere, investigates Imogen.
Valerian, the Linguine Consigliere, investigates Rolin.
Ramster, the Cannoli Bodyguard, protects himself.

Night Two
xandi, the Linguine Assassin, is killed by Cannoli goons.
Aiden, the Cannoli Assassin, is killed by Linguine goons.
Imogen, the Cannoli Underboss, is killed by the Linguine Assassin.
Rolin, the Linguine Underboss, is revealed to be the Cannoli Rat by the Linguine Consigliere and executed.

Day Three
Galanthor, the Cannoli Consigliere, investigates ramster.

Night Three
Valerian, the Linguine Consigliere, is killed by Cannoli goons.
Galanthor, the Cannoli Consigliere, is killed by Linguine goons.
ramster, the Cannoli Bodyguard, is revealed to be the Linguine Rat by the Cannoli Consigliere and executed.

Night Four
Cassiopeia, a Cannoli Associate, is killed by Linguine goons.
thirteenhearts, a Linguine Associate, is killed by Cannoli goons.

Night Five
Dudelrok, a Cannoli Associate, is killed by Linguine goons.
Esoteric Myobi, the Linguine Bodyguard, is killed by Cannoli goons.

Night Six
Don Beguile's Mistress and Don Mithlomwen call a truce and end the war.