Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: King_Furby on November 24, 2008, 10:15:18 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8843052?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

interesting football article.

Ohhh.. I think that idea kind of wigs me out a little... imagine sitting in your living room with a 3-D image of the Giants offensive line bearing down on you...
My ons and offs can be found here

Caity

Oniya

And you'll have some drunk guy break his arm diving out of the way of an oncoming tackle.  Just watch.  (And I will laugh my @$$ off.   ;D )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MagicalPen

The Giants O-Line and Running Backs Committee has not changed since last year. The Giants defense didn't score the game winning touchdown in the superbowl either. EVERYONE knows how amazing that Manning-to-Tyree throw was that kept the drive alive.

Favre got picked off vs. the Giants trying to force a throw to give his team a shot at winning. You can't throw conservatively and win a game. Look at Chad Pennington with the Jets. Teams just stacked the box against  them last year because Chad can only through sub-10 yards. Yes, he is accurate, and a great QB, but lacks the arm strength to pose a real, deep threat. Just look at what Favre brings to the table, and look how the Jets run game has exploded. And their defense has been playing great lately, especially against the run.

Also, find me one quarterback who doesn't have a bad game or throw interceptions? Interceptions are going to be thrown when under pressure. Its the nature of the game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Will

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 25, 2008, 06:40:29 AM
Also, find me one quarterback who doesn't have a bad game or throw interceptions? Interceptions are going to be thrown when under pressure. Its the nature of the game.

Hehehe... Kerry Collins has been nearly pick & fumble free!  Come on, guy!  One throw in one game does not a career make!  That was a great throw, yes, but he damn near overthrew Tyree, and it was a miracle catch.  Did you just start watching football last year?  Do you remember all the mistakes Manning made in the years prior?  He was the guy that everybody wanted to see do well, but was pretty sure he wouldn't.  And their running backs?  Bradshaw didn't even pop up on the radar until late last year, just about the time Eli started clicking.

Favre has always been way up or way down.  Inconsistent.  I'm not talking about their Thomas Jones or their defense, I'm not talking about the Jets.  Just Favre.  Just like Eli, he has one good year and all of a sudden everybody thinks he's a hero.  WTF?  It's been years since he was the old Brett Favre!  There was a reason the Packers were trying to push him out the door!
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

MagicalPen

It was either last year or the year before that Favre was back to his old (younger) self, putting up huge numbers. Kerry Collins has only been throwing the ball 15 times, against defenses playing against the run. Need i remind you of his days as a Giant? You want to talk about inconsistant and interception, then talk about Collins as a Giant.

Eli is still pretty young in the league. He also has a very famous brother that people expect him to play up to. Thats some mighty fine pressure right that. Not to mention he plays in New York, not Tennessee, where the media is much much more brutal and expectations are much much higher. Eli played his best when it counted the most last year, which is why they won 10 road games in a row including the superbowl.

The Pack were never trying to push him to the door. Once he retired, they gave the go ahead to Rodgers, and would not take a step back and bring Favre back when he un-retired. They know he's only good for one or two more years in the league, and for them (the Pack) it doesn't do them any good to hold back the 'future' of the franchise anymore.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

King_Furby

OMG these thanksgiving games suck. Both games were basically blow outs, totally one sided. not very exciteing.

WyldRanger

Heh, at least the Lions were predictable in their ultimate suckage  :)

MagicalPen

I'd love to see Giants vs Cowboys on Thanksgiving. That would be a GREAT match up, with heavy implications in the play off race. Tennesse vs Detroit? Come on! I think more people watched paint dry then that game! Seattle vs Cowboys, with the Jonas Brothers half time show? I think teeny-bopper girls were the only people who watched that game, and only until the half time show was over. And the Eagles vs. Cardinals? No one cares about that game, and another blowout. BORING.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

Well that sucks ass.

Packers and Jets both lost today.  Dammit!

MagicalPen

Not much for the Jets to worry about though. Miami, Buffalo, and Pats all lost too :)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

Revolverman

Rain seems to cause problems this week.

MagicalPen

I think they all ate too much turkey and stuffing on Thursday too.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Mellonlegolas

I just want to preface with, I am a Giants fan which means that by default I don't really like the Jets, but I watched the Jets game last night and I just gotta say that I was appalled!

The Meadowlands are the Jets' home and they practice here in my hometown in Jersey and to see them fall down because of some rain? That's crap... they should know how to play in conditions like this... they just fell apart... it's a good thing this wasn't a super important game.

On a high note, the Giants and the Redskins played an awesome game yesterday! People better keep an eye on D. Nixon. And of course Jacobs. Though I will say that I liked the game the Redskins put up yesterday I like that team and it was nice to watch two O-lines famous for their running games play against each other.
My ons and offs can be found here

King_Furby

NFL is sucking as of late, all the last several games have been like total blowouts.

Avi

I'm a Steelers and Packers fan (Odd combo, I know).  The Pack has been entertaining, at least they make a game out of every matchup, and Rodgers has shown that he's ready for the big time.  The Steelers D is as fun to watch as always.  I love Troy Polamalu, the guy makes me grin every time he gets in on a big play.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

WyldRanger

Lions = still perfectly pathetic!  :D (I've gotten so I watch them now to just see how they're going to lose  :-\ )

At least the Steelers are doing well!

Oniya

Quote from: Xana on December 07, 2008, 04:00:42 PM
Lions = still perfectly pathetic!  :D (I've gotten so I watch them now to just see how they're going to lose  :-\ )

At least the Steelers are doing well!

Don't sweat it - there was one year in college where I was a Chisox fan, and a friend of mine was a Baltimore 'They call them the O's for a reason' fan.  There were weeks on end where the battle cry was 'My team's worse than your team!'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WyldRanger

Hey, I almost take pride in their ineptitude! After all I'm a Tigers fan at heart and I watched a lot of their games in 2003 when they lost 119 games!  :D

Inkidu

Who one the Army vs. Navy game I missed it. (It's the only football game I watch.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Caity

Packers and Jets both lost.  :( 

This is probably the end of the Packers playoff hopes.  :'(

MagicalPen

No, it IS the end of the Packers Playoffs hope.

Jets need to get off this bad spell.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

WyldRanger

All is good...the Steelers beat the Cowboys! :)

Caity

Quote from: MagicalPen on December 07, 2008, 06:01:38 PM
No, it IS the end of the Packers Playoffs hope.

Jets need to get off this bad spell.

:'(