Totally Spies!

Started by Hunter, July 08, 2010, 10:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Okay, I admit it.  It's a bit silly.  But it's one of those series that I classify as a fun (if a bit goofy) ride.

Totally Spies is a cross of James Bond and Beverly Hills 90210.  With all the spy toys, exotic locals, cheesy (if a bit predictable and often reoccurring) villains.

Anyways, what I'm envisioning is adding a second group of Spies to work with the canon characters.  That is: the 3 canon characters, 3 original characters (counterparts/love interests/etc) plus at least one person to play the "villain of the week".

Shoot me down or just like it?

(Edit: And yes, I would be playing one of the original characters should the interest check turn into an actual game.)

pendarious

hmm....i'll play villains of the week if this picks up *laughs* i love totally spies i'll be amongst the first to admit it. i love the cheesey villainy and such
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Florence

Haha, if this gets going, I think it's something I could do. I do so much serious rping, it sounds like a refreshing change of pace to do something like this xD

Plus, I will not deny it, the girls from Totally Spies were hot. I'd probably do an original character, and I so call being the love interest for either Sam or Alex xD

... now I just need a Sailor Moon rp, and I can go ahead and officially shred my man card. xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Hunter

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 08, 2010, 11:15:48 AM
Haha, if this gets going, I think it's something I could do. I do so much serious rping, it sounds like a refreshing change of pace to do something like this xD

Plus, I will not deny it, the girls from Totally Spies were hot. I'd probably do an original character, and I so call being the love interest for either Sam or Alex xD

... now I just need a Sailor Moon rp, and I can go ahead and officially shred my man card. xD

I've run a few Sailor Moon rps here (so I'm ahead of you there  ^_^.)   I'd be making in the love interest of Sam (got a computer hacker in mind if/when we do go ahead).

And yes, I do see this as more a 'fun' rp than something everyone gets all grim and serious about.   A chance to just sit back and have fun with. The entire concept is so built for it.

Totally.   ;D

Florence

Awesome! And then I call Alex xD And next time you run a Sailor Moon rp, lemme know xD

(edit: Fixed a typo >_>)
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Hunter

Sure.   Now if we can track down some spies and another OC, then we'll go ahead and run with it.

I'm thinking we could either go in the light category or simply put the game in non-adult (and have any hanky panky happen off camera).

Florence

Personally, I'd prefer light, I think. I like to be able to let what happens happen, ya know? But if other people want non-adult, I can run with that too.

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Hunter

So we've got:
Villain of the Week: pendarous
OC/Sam's love interest: Hunter
OC/Alex's love interest: Finn MacKenna
OC/Clover's love interest: Gideon
Sam(antha): PinkSuccubus
Clover: RS Mistress

We still need:
Alex:

I'd also be looking for a possible 2nd Villain of the Week and possibly Jerry as well.

PinkSuccubus

I can be one of the girls if you would like. I don't mind who. I like Sam more than I like Clover. I don't really want to play Alex but I can if you want.

The show was after my time but I've watched it while babysitting a couple of times. I can understand what you mean about them being hot. I like the absurdity of it all. Like the mime supervillain who spoke. We need to find him at some point. Definitely.

Hope to see you soon... :)
Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting, Shall be The Loophole in the Law

Hunter

Quote from: PinkSuccubus on July 10, 2010, 05:19:56 PM
I can be one of the girls if you would like. I don't mind who. I like Sam more than I like Clover. I don't really want to play Alex but I can if you want.

Okay, we'll put you down for Sam then.  ^_^

Miles Trent

For some reason, I keep thinking of a Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid or James Bond tie in, maybe even Pink Panther too.  ::)

"Okay, ladies. Your most effective disguise when penetrating heavy enemy defences is.... this."
"A cardboard box...."
"Dont let its humble appearence fool you. Trust me. It works. Smells of oranges too."
"...."

Anyway, I may be interested but Im very unsure of what character to join up as.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Gideon

I'd be interested in being Clovers love interest.

Hunter

Quote from: Gideon on July 12, 2010, 02:00:45 PM
I'd be interested in being Clovers love interest.

Gotcha.  All we need now is Clover and Alex then we're ready to start.

Addendum:  I've decided that it would be best if we used the fifth season (or right afterwords) where the girls are going to school at Mali-U.  Expect love interests to have matching outfits.

Character Profile
Name:
Appearance: (pictures are good too)
Personality:
Background Information:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Notes:

Hunter

Character Profile
Name:  Allen
Appearance:
Personality: Allen tends to be a bit shy with new people but can be quite outgoing once he's come to know someone.  He's also giving to a fault, has a quirky sense of humor, and loyal once he's given it.   Unfortunately, he's also got a red headed temper and tends to do the first thing that jumps to mind when he's angry (which has gotten his super-spy buddies both in and out of a few scrapes).
Background Information: Allen comes from a wealthy family and has been educated at only the best of private schools.   In addition to a variety of academic awards, he's also has a passing interest in both Kendo and Gymnastics.
Strengths: Computer Hacker and Programmer
Weaknesses: Short Tempered and somewhat Compulsive
Notes: Sam's love interest

Gideon

Since the love interests are going to have matching outfits could mine be the exception since he's Clover's love interest could his be red instead of pink?

Name: Danny Maloney
Appearance:
Personality: He isn't very trustful of new people and can be very hard headed but he's usually very calm he's just set in his ways.
Background Information: He grew up on constantly fighting in school and training for the fights he'd always have because of this is his very skilled in hand-to-hand combat and well toned.
Strengths: Hand-to-hand/close Combat
Weaknesses: Impulsive and hardheaded.
Notes: Clover's Love interest

Hunter

Quote from: Gideon on July 12, 2010, 04:11:43 PM
Since the love interests are going to have matching outfits could mine be the exception since he's Clover's love interest could his be red instead of pink?

Yup, that'd be fine.

Gideon

Ok good I just don't see my character running around in pink haha

Hunter

Personally, I always thought it was red.  ^_^

We still need Clover and Alex before we can start.  And....I found a convenient list of gadgets that'll come in handy.

Gideon

Actually now that I think about it I think it is red shows you how long it's been since I last saw the series haha.

PinkSuccubus

I could probably play both Clover and Sam if nobody minds trying for alter egos. I would also offer to be Alex but that seems like a huge undertaking to be all three main femme fatales in the narrative, you know?
Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting, Shall be The Loophole in the Law

pendarious

i assume i won't need a profile since i'll be making a new villain every so often.......

also i guess i could double as Jerry until someone else decides to play him

Hunter

Quote from: PinkSuccubus on July 12, 2010, 08:50:55 PM
I could probably play both Clover and Sam if nobody minds trying for alter egos. I would also offer to be Alex but that seems like a huge undertaking to be all three main femme fatales in the narrative, you know?
I agree.  I'm hoping/expecting to turn up a few more players really soon.

Quote from: pendarious on July 12, 2010, 11:19:25 PM
i assume i won't need a profile since i'll be making a new villain every so often.......

also i guess i could double as Jerry until someone else decides to play him

You won't and I was rather hoping so.  ^_^

pendarious

Hunter

Quote from: pendarious on July 13, 2010, 04:39:49 PM
you hoped i could do jerry as well? *blinks*

Who better to hand out gadgets than the person playing the villain?  I'm sure we could find someone to do it (or I can if there's need) if you'd rather not.  Whatever you prefer is just fine with me.  :)