Requirements for avatar pics?

Started by gaggedLouise, January 31, 2011, 12:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Hello, I wished to upload an avie pic of my own but they all got rejected though none of them were very big. What are the requirements? Is there something more apart from a specified maximum size or number of pixels?

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Avis habilis

How do you mean rejected? Did you get an error? If you did, what did it say? Also, what format were these pictures in - GIF? JPG? PNG?

Mithlomwen

Maximum dimensions for avatars are 150 wide by 200 tall. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

gaggedLouise

Too big it seems and that was the messgae I got: "either not an avatar or too big". They're jpg's, about 300-350 pixels either side. I'll resize one of them. Thanks!

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

With the number of times this question gets asked, would it be possible to sneak the pixel-size requirements into the 'too big' message, or even into the screen where you get to choose your upload file?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17