The Empress's Own (historical, culture clash, could use a few more males)

Started by IrishWolf, May 10, 2014, 07:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 19, 2014, 07:35:16 PM
I am actually highly interested in this story. Like you would not believe, I do not usually do non-series, but this is one that catches my fancy. I have a few character ideas, for a woman. Need to think of exactly what I would like to do with her, I know she will be Arakian.. XD

This is completely random -- I apologize -- but all I can think of when I see your avatar is the Red Ajah.  Was that intentional?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Question Mark on May 19, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

This is completely random -- I apologize -- but all I can think of when I see your avatar is the Red Ajah.  Was that intentional?
Actually, Question Mark, that is me about a year before I had my daughter. I had a red gown made for a Dragon Riders of Pern IRL hatching at a convention, and just loved the dress so much I used it at one of my photoshoots. :D

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

IrishWolf

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 19, 2014, 07:46:12 PM
hmmm I noticed htat. Well... I would be more interested in playing a more caucasian female - to be honest. But how would I do so, while still staying within the confines of the plot?

Hmmmm, there are two ways to think of, that might work. Your character could either be the wife (or mistress) of an one of the Sesalians, either an NPC or a PC, whose player agrees to it. Or she could be, the daughter of the Sesalian Ambassador, who gets sent to the camp to help with the business of translating between Sesalians and Arakians.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 19, 2014, 07:58:33 PM
Hmmmm, there are two ways to think of, that might work. Your character could either be the wife (or mistress) of an one of the Sesalians, either an NPC or a PC, whose player agrees to it. Or she could be, the daughter of the Sesalian Ambassador, who gets sent to the camp to help with the business of translating between Sesalians and Arakians.

I actually wanted her to be a translator of sorts! A noble/or similar daughter who had an interest in scholary pursuits. Even came up with why she would be allowed to, and it is because as a young teen she was thrown from her horse. She ended up getting thrown on to a log, cracking a few ribs, and damaging her female organs so badly the doctors believe she will be incapable of producing children. So where is a female child to go when she cannot produce little heirs for a husband? Well the nunnery or scholary pursuits. :D

Does that work for you guys?

Question Mark

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 19, 2014, 08:01:54 PM
I actually wanted her to be a translator of sorts! A noble/or similar daughter who had an interest in scholary pursuits. Even came up with why she would be allowed to, and it is because as a young teen she was thrown from her horse. She ended up getting thrown on to a log, cracking a few ribs, and damaging her female organs so badly the doctors believe she will be incapable of producing children. So where is a female child to go when she cannot produce little heirs for a husband? Well the nunnery or scholary pursuits. :D

I like it, but of course it's ultimately Wolf's call.

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 19, 2014, 07:55:01 PM
Actually, Question Mark, that is me about a year before I had my daughter. I had a red gown made for a Dragon Riders of Pern IRL hatching at a convention, and just loved the dress so much I used it at one of my photoshoots. :D

That is a really incredible photo.

Juggtacular

SweetSerenade

Why thank you! I am quite pleased you enjoy my photo.

Juggtacular - Oh indeedy it did! She was bed ridden for several weeks, and it took a long while for the bruising to go away. Not to mention the bleeding... XP

IrishWolf

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 19, 2014, 08:01:54 PM

An interesting idea and ouch, that must have hurt like a bitch.

Alright, I like it. I'd still like her to be the ambassador's daughter, who would be a rich man, with political ambitions but I can see him as dotting on his daughter and allowing her to come along with him to a far and erotic land .

SweetSerenade

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 19, 2014, 08:21:48 PM

Alright, I like it. I'd still like her to be the ambassador's daughter, who would be a rich man, with political ambitions but I can see him as dotting on his daughter and allowing her to come along with him to a far and erotic land .

I was thinking about making my character 18, does that fit within the Ambassador's age? LOL. I am more than happy to have her come along with her father. I actually have two things to do tomorrow morning now. So exciting! I also should dig up some images for her. Hmmmm... maybe a Red head? Like flaming red head? Hair of fire... probably not something they are used to in the Arakian court?

Question Mark

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 19, 2014, 08:21:48 PM

...huh.

Juggtacular

I think he meant exotic, but erotic works as well, hahahah.

Lithium

IrishWolf

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 19, 2014, 08:24:17 PM
I was thinking about making my character 18, does that fit within the Ambassador's age? LOL. I am more than happy to have her come along with her father. I actually have two things to do tomorrow morning now. So exciting! I also should dig up some images for her. Hmmmm... maybe a Red head? Like flaming red head? Hair of fire... probably not something they are used to in the Arakian court?

I was thinking a gentleman starting to gray, with a younger wife for the good Ambassador, so no, her age is good. As for red hair, that would be something not seen in the lands of the Araki or anywhere that side of the Doldrum.

Quote from: Question Mark on May 19, 2014, 08:30:28 PM
...huh.
Damn you spell check, I am betrayed! I meant exotic, although from what I've read, pre-christian contact Japan could be called erotic.

SweetSerenade

How does everyone like this Red-Head for my character? I kinda really like her. Of course she would be wearing clothes styled for the time period. Though I think she would look mouth watering in a Kimono at some point. :D

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 19, 2014, 08:38:08 PM
I was thinking a gentleman starting to gray, with a younger wife for the good Ambassador, so no, her age is good. As for red hair, that would be something not seen in the lands of the Araki or anywhere that side of the Doldrum.

Damn you spell check, I am betrayed! I meant exotic, although from what I've read, pre-christian contact Japan could be called erotic.

That works perfectly! I am thinking she was the only child, or her older brother possibly died when they were young - so her father is rather attached to her and wants to keep her nearby? :D

Juggtacular

She looks great. I was ready to suggest Ygritte or Sansa from GoT, or Bill's sire from True Blood but she works awesome.

IrishWolf

Question Mark

SweetSerenade

Well it is settled then, I am going to be working on two things tomorrow morning. This will be my only running group Rp. XP I am quite excited...

Cannot wait to see all those Arakian male reactions to her... Especially considering her genteel and innocent nature. XD

But she would probably look better with that Kimono hanging just off of her shoulders, the only thing holding it up is her perky firm breasts...

*totally knows how to make mental eye candy XP*

Lithium

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 19, 2014, 08:49:25 PMCannot wait to see all those Arakian male reactions to her... Especially considering her genteel and innocent nature. XD

All one of them X_x

Juggtacular

Hahahaha. There's 2. One noble and one commoner, so we get to see how both sides react, lol.  XD

IrishWolf

Lithium

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 19, 2014, 09:00:10 PM
Hahahaha. There's 2. One noble and one commoner, so we get to see how both sides react, lol.  XD

The person playing the other one said that he was leaving the site, so until further notice he's inactive. :S

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 19, 2014, 09:00:54 PM
Maybe we'll get some more  ;)

Hope so!

Juggtacular

SweetSerenade

OMG..I do believe I found the finalist for what Aurora will look like :D

Finalist

I am sticking on this one, just OMG.... want to use her so bad XD

SweetSerenade

The excitement got to me way too much. I am working on her profile right now. I cannot remember, b ut is there a last name set up for the Ambassador?