"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkShadow

And the first paragraph concerning Paramnar:

About Paramnar

No one knows how long the two continents of Axiom have actually existed in their present positions, if only because neither is aware that the other exists.  However, it has been long enough for two truly separate "worlds" to evolve, which are entirely divorced of any influence from each other.  On Paramnar, Axiom is called Gaeamnar , and the continent's "governing" body is a network of Monaznari.  Those who have sworn their lifebound oath to one of the Monaznar as an Idaeo'an, and to the pursuit of Param Idaeo, are zealously revered by the rest of the citizenry, the Paramnari.  The Monaznaric language is far more fluid than that of Nu Logikus, which might be attributed to the fact that the Paramnaric culture that has developed around the collective pursuit and nirvana of Param Idaeo.  Perspectively-speaking, Paramnar is a magnificent balance of the Earth concepts ascetic Buddhism, pure metaphysics and quantum physics.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

WingedServant

Ok.

I am currently sifting through the Runic Alphabet, Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics, and the Ancient Greek Alphabet. 
I am putting together a collection of symbols and designs based on close relations to the various energies we discussed, and I am HOPING to create my own unique symbols that I will derive from some of the common characteristics from each of the three texts.  This should allow for a high level of authenticity, while retaining that sense of originality and flexibility.

ClockworkShadow

Ooooooh... <peers over your shoulder>

Paragraph 2

As for the regular citizenry of Paramnar, imagine stepping back into Earth's ancient, Imperial China, Japan, and other, asian territories; right at the heydey of the Samurai and such historical figures as Oda Nobunagi, Sun Tzu, and Genghis Khan.  Now, mix that with most magnificently twisted hypotheses in quantum physics, coupled by the untold possibilities stretching far beyond the reach of any known mathematics or science, and the incredible mysticism that lies buried and untold with the true druids of Old Erin.  The true potential of this continent's population has been barely tapped, and yet a large percentage of them excel at all known aspects of energy manipulation with such a finite expertise as to make any Nu Logikan citizen fume with jealousy.

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Just to give you an idea of where I am drawing inspiration from.  I'm opening up photoshop now and will try to get some basic sketches of some of the elemental glyphs that I am coming up with

ClockworkShadow

o-0

<heart-thump, blink, wriggles with a stupid grin on her face>

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Ok, I even might be going a little out of bounds, so I need to hear your input on this..

Each of the glyphs represents an element, but represents more than that. on a metaphysical level energy is being manipulated through the use of these glyphs to not only govern a tangible thing, but also denote an intangible quality as well.  I've made a list:
Fire/Energy
Water/Life
Earth/Stone/Strength
Air/Wind/Motion
Wood/Growth
Metal/Order/Law
Sun/Light
Moon/Gravity/Time
Human/Chaos

For instance.. An Iron Fence may have a metal glyph inscribed on it by a monk. This fence now not only carries metallic properties (ranging from being lighter like aluminum then iron, to being dense like lead instead of iron) through out it, but also a metaphysical dynamic of Law and Order, perhaps allowing the fence to greater withstand encroachment by lawbreakers and thieves, but might not stop a welcomed visitor as forcefully.  A similar fence next door could be made of wood, inscribed with a wooden glyph by a master monk. This fence would gain greater wood qualitites (so even though the fence was originally made of ash, it can exhibit properties more common to oak, or birch). In addition it would have a metaphysical dynamic applied to it of the growth type. (The wooden fence may slowly overtime regenerate itself like a plant with roots, and not need to be repaired as often. During high growth seasons like summer, the wooden fence may actually be able to replace missing boards broken out due to misadventure)..

These are just ideas that you can take or toss.  And yes I remembered that you said only certain base metals would be allowed, and higher technology alloys would be a no go zone. But the arena of the energy manipulation school is that it allows them to do 'unexplainable things'.  I'm simply showing how monk training has made the impossible possible. and its still science linked to energy. A normal fence is still a fence. And even with a glyph put on it, by all practical senses its still a wooden fence, but certain properties might test a little higher than usual at certain times. then go back to normal.

Please let me know what you think
this is a prototype in development, i'm not trying to implement anything yet

WingedServant

crap crap crap.. forgot to put ice in there... . i'll figure out what to put with ice.. but it could go transposed with water.. as death
water- life
ice - death

ClockworkShadow

I don't think I want to have conjoined concepts like that, because it muddles with specific manipulations, like Mass, Electricity/Life, Spiritual, etc.

Though you went to such effort to compile that list : /

But if I'm going to think of special names, it will be easier to name individual manipulations.

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

Fire Manipulation
Energy Electricity Manipulation
Water Manipulation
Life Manipulation (human static electricity/chi)
Earth/Stone Manipulation
(sub: Strength) Manipulation
Air/Wind Manipulation
(sub: Motion) Manipulation
Wood Manipulation
(sub: Growth) Manipulation
Metal Manipulation
Order/Law
Sun/LightSpectrum Manipulation (light, dark, ultraviolet, etc.)
Moon/Gravitational Manipulation - not manipulating the orbit, but channeling the gravity to apply to the manipulation of an object; telekinesis
(sub: Time) Manipulation
Human/Chaos see Life

Not ordered for diffiulty, granted, but that's an approximation of what I have in mind at this point.  sub-category manipulations would have their own terms.

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

Forgot to include:

Mass Manipulation (volume/density/etc)
Spiritual Manipulation (soul/personality)

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

I don't think I want to get much more complex than that... even if there are other possible manipulations, that's a pretty hefty list, yea?

A/A

o_O

johnny5

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Do we really need motion manipulation and telekinesis manipulation separate?
While I can understand there is a fundamental difference between self motion (Locomotion) and object motion (telekinesis)  I'm wondering if they can both be lumped into the same glyph, the same energy governs them both, even if we need two concepts to keep it straight in our heads.

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: WingedServant on June 26, 2011, 02:49:31 AM
Do we really need motion manipulation and telekinesis manipulation separate?
While I can understand there is a fundamental difference between self motion (Locomotion) and object motion (telekinesis)  I'm wondering if they can both be lumped into the same glyph, the same energy governs them both, even if we need two concepts to keep it straight in our heads.

telekinesis is not a separate manipulation... though the description of gravitational kinda stuck it out there like a sore thumb.  It's a term relative to gravitational manipulation, though.

Motion... I could take or leave, to be honest.  I didn't dislike it (or I would have scratched it out), but it could be easily merged with other concepts on the list, yes.

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

I'm going to make Ice an advanced mastery of Water.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

clockwork is there anything else you want me to do while I am downloading content and such I got alot of time to kill..

Want to give me another thing to do awhile?

I love how all this is coming together.

ClockworkShadow

It's pretty much boiled down to terminology and further revision detailing.

If you would like, you can make a list of things that would benefit from graphic representation.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 26, 2011, 03:06:05 AM
It's pretty much boiled down to terminology and further revision detailing.

If you would like, you can make a list of things that would benefit from graphic representation.
Could you explain that in detail for me?

WingedServant

OK here we go...
Water  Life  Death

Fire  Energy

5 down... 12 more to go...
I'll gotta crash.. but Don't worry.. I'll have more for you later.. and these are just the basic glyphs.. certain masters can make them look more artful than this and still be effective.. like calligraphy...

ClockworkShadow

Explain which?

Also, for your modelling reference:

The human citizenry of Nu Logikus dress in a style that an Earth-native might identify as a mix between Old West, Victorian and Renaissance eras.  Higher-caste, male clothing might, for example, consist of a striking tunic and/or vest, or doublet, paired with breeches, stockings, and low-heeled, polished shoes.  Often seen wearing the same clothing as men for day-to-day, common activities, for, unlike any of these eras on Earth, women are treated equally to men in all positions.    However, the higher-caste-positioned women will also indulge their selves in exquisitely-tailored, floor-length dresses (of a similar era-mix) for special occasions.  Humans of either gender who have found their lot to be in the lower castes merely share the same, shoddy quality clothing, as they can afford nothing else: a (sometimes belted) tunic, breeches and (occasionally) boots.

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

I think I can do something with those... Hmm...

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

growth  Wood    Earth/Stone
Metal  Strength

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: WingedServant on June 26, 2011, 03:15:11 AM
I'll gotta crash.. but Don't worry.. I'll have more for you later.. and these are just the basic glyphs.. certain masters can make them look more artful than this and still be effective.. like calligraphy...

<peers carefully, then pokes investigatively>

A/A

o_O