News:

Main Menu

Paranoia

Started by Aragem, February 20, 2009, 01:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

I think I have a problem.  I can help being afraid or paranoid about something.  It might be something I see in the news or something I see online and it gets me worried.  Even when I know its nothing to worried about, I research it and find more information about it and it either disappate me fears or gives me more to worry about.

I rather have peace of mind than anything else.  Ever since 9/11, I think my safety bubble was burst forever and I realize that things happening out in the world could affect us in the US.  When the Iraq War started. . . I think I was in a depressed, fearful, terrible funk for almost six months.  I barely ate, I didn't do the things I enjoyed, all I did was watch tv and the coverage about the war.

I am scared of going back to that! 

Lithos

Well, just think about how silly it is to spend time worrying about something you cannot really affect. A meteorite large enough to destroy all life on the planet could hit us at any time and we would not necessarily have more than few days warning, and absolutely no means to do anything about it. Does it make sense to worry about such thing though? no it does not.

Death comes as it comes anyway and with absolute certainity, no use to worry about when and how.

To give some perspective about things too, think about this:

NY: USA 2001: 9/11 Plane Crashes: 2,752 dead
Gujarat, India, 2001: Earthquake: 20,000 dead

Natural disasters still get upper hand over what us humans manage to cause.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search