A shoutbox suggestion

Started by NinjaWeazel, December 18, 2016, 07:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaWeazel

I don't even know how feasible it would be to implement, but I had the thought earlier. When you see someone in the SB talking about writing, looking for partners, ideas, etc etc, it would be amazingly handy to be able to click their name and to go their profile rather than be forced to spend time searching through the member list (and sometimes that doesn't even work, because they have a _ in the SB name instead of a space in the forum name, as I discovered earlier).

BAMF

If you mouse over the Members link, you should get a drop down that lets you search for members via their username. It doesn't solve the problem of spaces becoming underscores, but it's a helluva lot faster than scrolling through the entire member list!

Edit: You can also find the search function on the member page - in the top right corner, there's a button. :)
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Oreo

I don't know if it is feasible either, but I have to agree I would love to be able to click on the SB name and have it open their profile. Running a search takes too long, especially when I want to see if someone is new to the site or a member.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

AmberStarfire

If I'm not mistaken, the shoutbox is a SMF module. That means if it's not an option that's already available as a feature then changing it would probably be immensely complicated.

Oreo

That was my understanding too. It would still be nice.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Flower

I'm not sure if this is helpful but sometimes I type the person’s name in the PM system and pull up their profile from there.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Flower on December 18, 2016, 09:19:58 PM
I'm not sure if this is helpful but sometimes I type the person’s name in the PM system and pull up their profile from there.
*nods* When you start typing in the To field you get a list of names after the first 4 or 5 letters.  I forgot about that.