[E6 Pathfinder] NC-Exotic Homebrew Campaign (application reopened!)

Started by FragarachZ, April 16, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robyn Hood

I've been away for a bit but have interest in this type of game. Is there still time to get in?

FragarachZ

We are pretty much at the final confrontation of this chapter finally. I'd say maybe now's the time to give the one week mark, so for those who didn't post a character description and sheet yet, you have until next weekend (July 5-6). It might take less or more time based on player actions and activity and how resolving the conflict goes, but for now I'll set the end date as July 5.
In case it takes longer, I'll extend the applications duration as well.
O&O

Melkart

I'm interested in joining this game. I've had a great time reading the different threads.

Are there slots opened for new players?

I'm not familiar with Pathfinder system role play but this can be easily solved with some reading.

Ershin

(Background, goals and personality to be expanded and completed)

Samedi Métayer
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13577

Or Maybe...
Orientation: Bi, no preference
Race: Human
Class and Level: Barbarian 2 (Invulnerable Rager archetype)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Background
Samedi was born in southern region of the Untamed Lands seventeen years ago, four days after the winter solstice as a result of the union between the chieftain of the Deerstalker tribe's youngest son (probably) and Cassandra Métayer, a merchant whose caravan had been set upon by the ferocious beasts of the northern lands only to be rescued by the tribe's hunters. Well... "rescued" could be one way of saying it, "taken as a prize for a successful hunt" would be another. While reluctant to join the tribe and add fresh blood initially, several decades and six children sired mostly by different fathers later Samedi would say her mother seemed rather docile about the arrangement. She has often wondered why she was given the name of her mother's clan, but in the end it's not like it matters too much.

As part of the Chieftain's lineage (most likely), Samedi was spared the fate of her mother and trained in hunting and combat by her father and uncles from what might as well have been the first time she could stand and walk by herself. At age thirteen during her rite of majority she successfully hunted and killed a great stag by herself, and two years ago at age fifteen she dealt the killing blow to  a bear that attacked the hunting party she was part of. As a reward, she was permitted to keep its hide which she wears draped about her shoulders to this day.

During the war against the Beastmen, the Deerstalker tribe were one of those who pledged their service to Lady Yustissa's alliance, for no other reason than to prove their worth against the great foe that lay beyond the seas to the west, as this was seen as one of the greatest hunts of them all. While prior to the war Samedi would have been content to stay in the lands her tribe used as seasonal hunting grounds, she follows the will of her Chieftain and joined the southerners in battle against the beasts.

Goals
The legends of the Deerstalker tribe tell of the first days of their people who were named for their pursuit of the four great stags that were said to make their home at the base of the World Tree, Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr, and Duraþrór. It has been said that the founder of the tribe spent the entire course of his life hunting these four beasts, as his mother was said to have tracked them while he was still in her womb and his sons carried him atop a palanquin while in search of them in his dying days. The reason for the great hunt has been lost to the ages, but it is a tradition that the Deerstalkers continue, though the stags haven't been even been rumoured to have been seen in over a century.
As part of the tribe, Samedi's ultimate goal is to locate the stags and slay them, even if the original purpose for doing so has long been lost to antiquity.

In the short term, however, she sees the threat of the beastmen as a way to prove her worthiness, as she believes the great stags will only appear to those who show strength and conviction and as such will do all she can to show her might.

Personality
In short, Samedi is brash. She shows none of the mannerisms of the 'polite' or 'civilised' world in her speech, preferring to stay informal. As a hunter she has learned the art of waiting and observing, which has forged the vicious temper she once showed as a youth (likely as a result of having to bare her mother's name) and shown her to not judge others too quickly. Simply wait and observe... see if they are who they seem to be when you first meet them. First impressions are often misleading. She has also learned from early expeditions to watch the back of her team, to watch out and take care of others as best she can.

Sexual Experience
None - Samedi is a virgin. The men of her clan feared repurcussions from the Chieftain's son for touching his daughter, and since going out into the world she's been able to fend off the unwanted advances of men who wish to claim her as her mother had been. That isn't to say that she isn't without passions. While no act of penetration has occurred, due to the open attitude towards affection of her people Samedi can at least attest to have spent sessions of kissing and fondling both men and women in her tribe, and has fantasised about others she has come across in her travels.

Miroque

Ershin

Quote from: Miroque on June 29, 2014, 10:05:40 AM
Samedi
Race: Human

I see no mention of an 87. Surely your eyes must have been deceived by some form of devilry, for I couldn't possibly have made an error when typing.
*shifty eyes*

;D

Miroque

So challenge stands... noone has yet to make minsmeat from the maestro :)

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ershin on June 29, 2014, 10:17:29 AM
I see no mention of an 87. Surely your eyes must have been deceived by some form of devilry, for I couldn't possibly have made an error when typing.
*shifty eyes*

;D

Hehehe...devilry indeed...heheheh  >:)
O&O

Ershin

Quote from: FragarachZ on June 29, 2014, 11:26:29 AM
Hehehe...devilry indeed...heheheh  >:)
Well it was either that or the influence of the rune of Torment.

FragarachZ

Oh, that only draws people to me... people who's characters are to suffer the horrors of captivity and horny monsters if they lose  O:)
O&O

Ershin

Are you sure that's not just because of the promise for their characters to suffer horrors, horny monsters etc? Because that's a pretty good draw in and of itself.

Anathanasia

Quote from: FragarachZ on June 29, 2014, 11:38:15 AM
Oh, that only draws people to me... people who's characters are to suffer the horrors of captivity and horny monsters if they lose  O:)

Quote from: Ershin on June 29, 2014, 11:43:40 AM
Are you sure that's not just because of the promise for their characters to suffer horrors, horny monsters etc? Because that's a pretty good draw in and of itself.

Wait...I mean, just hold on a second here people!

Are we going to actually try to win the encounters?  :o
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

FragarachZ

Only if you roleplay your characters. Why would they want to lose?
O&O

iridum248

QuoteWait...I mean, just hold on a second here people!

Are we going to actually try to win the encounters?

Well, of course. But while you want to win, I've found that a girl can have plenty of fun on the side...The kind she might just be able to get away with, if she's careful!

Anathanasia

Quote from: FragarachZ on June 29, 2014, 11:08:17 PM
Only if you roleplay your characters. Why would they want to lose?

Don't you logic at me! :P

Seriously? Well, of course not! Losing, with these sorts of consequences, is only more fun when you try not to! A good fight scene can be a little like foreplay. ;)

Ershin

So. So far the applications are;
Iridium with a Paladin,
Autocad with a Druid,
Anathanasia with a Ranger,
Muse with a Wizard,
Faeli with a Fighter,
and some jerk with a Barbarian.
(apologies if I missed anyone)

Mind if I ask how many spaces are currently being recruited for? Because if the answer is "less than the number of applicants" I really don't envy you for having to choose who to take.
I especially like Faeli's Wisp, the dream aspect of her background looks really interesting.

FragarachZ

Two or three spots. More if existing players choose to drop. Anyone encouraging such activity however shall be smitten with a +4 battleaxe or flaming longsword. (Other uses of my rod of lordly might will remain private until further notice.)
O&O

FragarachZ

I said this weekend was a deadline, so keeping to that here's the results for the new party members:

+ Kayerie Greenwood, half-elf ranger played by Anathanasia (can I shorten your name in the future please?) 
+ Samedi Métayer, barbarian beauty played by Ershin.

Welcome to the team :)

Until I can introduce you to the story nothing is final, so if either of you change your minds I'll pick another applicant in your place. Since Samedi's background states that she joined the army, I can introduce her right away IC. Kayerie on the other hand can come in later either as a traveler coming across the party or a prisoner they meet. If you have ideas or suggestions about how you'd like to join in, tell me and we can work something out.
O&O

Ershin

Oh my! Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to join the game FragarachZ, I really appreciate it, the story so far looks like it's been a lot of fun, so I can't wait to see what the group gets up to next.

Anathanasia

No, you have to type the whole thing out each and every time, FragarachZ! ;)

Well, Ana is fine, I guess. :)

Thanks for having me. As to character introductions, I'm pretty flexible. Whatever gets me playing sooner, so whatever scenario avails itself works fine for me.

FragarachZ

Can you two copy your character descriptions, sheet/links to sheet into the character thread for this game? That's where we keep track of characters, level up rolls, etc. Also in the future I will adress you in the OOC thread or in PM :)

Quote from: Anathanasia on July 07, 2014, 12:15:49 AM
No, you have to type the whole thing out each and every time, FragarachZ! ;)

Well, Ana is fine, I guess. :)

Thanks for having me. As to character introductions, I'm pretty flexible. Whatever gets me playing sooner, so whatever scenario avails itself works fine for me.

Thanks, you can call me (Dungeon) Master, or Sir for short ;)
...or FragZ will do if you feel like being informal.
O&O