Mom has daughter raped...

Started by Apple of Eris, February 12, 2011, 05:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple of Eris

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Shjade

For some reason I found myself less surprised by, though no less frowny about, the story when I read "South African mother" about halfway down.

Kinda fits in with that petition someone posted a couple weeks ago in On Topic pretty well, doesn't it? :|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Aludiana of the Dusk

This is horrendous. I guess I gave the world too much credit when I thought things couldn't any more messed up and depraved than they already were.

I really hope they can find some loophole to charge this woman with rape as well, because this is just awful.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

DarklingAlice

This. This is why we can't have nice things (like effective HIV prophylaxis) >_< The stupid, depraved human element always winds up dragging us down.

Quote from: Aludiana of the Dusk on February 12, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
I really hope they can find some loophole to charge this woman with rape as well, because this is just awful.

Don't know foreign law, but here that would be "conspiracy to commit rape". Not a common charge I would hope.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Aludiana of the Dusk

Quote from: DarklingAlice on February 12, 2011, 08:15:49 PM
Don't know foreign law, but here that would be "conspiracy to commit rape". Not a common charge I would hope.

Indeed. Conspiracy, I'm told, is not always easy to prove; especially when someone being charged with a crime is the one pointing fingers. Accessory to the crime might be a little easier to charge with, I think. Of course I'm speaking in terms of US law; which I really don't have a terribly large amount of experience with; so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Aludiana of the Dusk on February 14, 2011, 06:37:30 PM
Indeed. Conspiracy, I'm told, is not always easy to prove; especially when someone being charged with a crime is the one pointing fingers. Accessory to the crime might be a little easier to charge with, I think. Of course I'm speaking in terms of US law; which I really don't have a terribly large amount of experience with; so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

In many parts of Africa (I have friends from all over there) it wouldn't even get that far...there would be "jungle justice" for rapist and Grandma alike.

Aludiana of the Dusk

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on February 15, 2011, 11:27:34 AM
In many parts of Africa (I have friends from all over there) it wouldn't even get that far...there would be "jungle justice" for rapist and Grandma alike.

The system's justice is almost never universal justice. It'd be sad I guess, maybe, for the girls mom to be killed on top of everything else; but it's really hard to feel sympathy for them.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Qt

I wouldn't say I'm surprised by this, but I totally agree that is completely sick, and in a horrible horrible way. Her mother must come completely insane to think that it would work, and even if it did work, it'll just bring more pain.

gaggedLouise

Urgh! But just wait: I recall a few years back there was a case here in Sweden with a man who prostituted his two daughters (in their early school age) for years: he'd set up dates with unfamiliar men and drive the girls around in his car, sometimes hundreds of miles, to have them jacked by these ghastly customers. Pimped by your pa before you're even nine years old, that beats almost anything! And the father didn't even get paid much for them, still went on doing it for years. I dont recall if the mother got to knoiw of it, thát father may have been divorced or mum may have died early or run away. Anyway, grimmest case I ever heard about of parent/s having their kids molested by strangers.

I don't recall how many people were charged in court either, but the father received a long jail sentance and I think he lost custody of the girls. Good for them.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

jewess

Wow. One of those things that sounds sexy as a fantasy, but makes you feel horrible and sick when you see that it's actually happened. :(

Dray

Quote from: jewess on March 27, 2011, 02:33:47 PM
Wow. One of those things that sounds sexy as a fantasy, but makes you feel horrible and sick when you see that it's actually happened. :(

Agreed - just like all the rape fantasies on here - not meant for real life situations

Solstice

On the one hand, being shocked by this would require not having been inured to this sort of news years back.

On the other hand, I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around what kind of warped thought processes resulted in the mother believing that this was a remotely "okay" course of action. I suspect that she'd claim it was for her daughter's own good, but...

I suppose there's a small silver lining: At least the people responsible have been caught, and will, hopefully, receive some approximation of justice for their actions.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

ShadowRaven4d4

Such a disturbing issue...really makes me ill to know there are people like that.

Morrowclaw

I'd sentence the rapist to be raped and the mother to be banned from seeing future grandchildren, although I doubt the poor girl will want to ever have kids now.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

SpiralSpider

I think that's just about the nastiest thing I've ever heard of.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."