News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Siege of Carisbrooke Castle [Complete]

Started by Valerian, December 11, 2009, 01:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

"Hold your tongue boy, perhaps by title we are equal, but do not think I will let another lord make such accusations without retaliation."
Lord Aiden was never far without his sword, even in formal garb. His hand caressed up and down its worn down leather straps (Wrapped around the handle) that proved years of merit on the battlefield. His gaze locked down on the accuser, circling him like a predator who was about to strike from the flank with a graceful step, watching him crudely misuse his dagger.
"A dagger suits you well...it is best made for the fodder..."
A sneer crossed his face, the blade pulled a few inches from its worn hilt, revealing aged and reforged steel.
"Winterborn, pray for the mercy of the noose...or it will be splattered across my blade before days end."
With a disciplined snap, he circled the table and sat directly across the man he had vowed to see slain.

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

Haibane (6) - Mithlomwen, Amberghylles, Elandra, Caeli, Marguerite, Ket
Aiden (2) - LadySky, Winterborn
Amberghylles (2) - SleepyWei, Haibane
Marguerite (2) - Ryven, Xandi
Winterborn (2) - country, Aiden
Imogen (1) - Moirae
Mithlomwen (1) - Teno
Moirae (1) - Imogen
Ryven (1) - sinera
Caeli (0)
country (0)
Elandra (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Remiel (0)
sinera (0)
SleepyWei (0)
Teno (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Kip

There are 7 Rebels, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, 1 Alchemist, 1 Healer, and 8 Councilors.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Winterborn

Half-standing, he yanked the tip of his dirk from the tabletop, ignoring his great sword where it hung from the back of his own chair. "I name you such as a loyal man of the crown and regent, not out of self-interest. Take no insult from what I say, for I do only my duty, without puttin' airs on to raise m'self up beyond my level. If you truly think me to have stained your honor, let us take this matter to the lists. A few hours spent pounding on each other with lance and blade 'twill set our minds to rights." He set his dagger down, leaning heavily upon the table as he stared across at the other man, his expression thunderous.

sinera

sinera's nerves were stretched to the breaking point. The sound of Winterborn's blade dragging on the table grated on her; when Aiden started in on his accusations and blatantly challenged Winterborn she'd had enough.

"Stop it!" she shouted, slamming her tankard back on the table and leaping to her feet. "Is it not bad enough that His Majesty has died? Now we have malcontents creeping about and slaying all of us loyal to Her Majesty!" she glared at them both.

"You claim the right to wear sword and spurs, Aiden, yet all we've seen from you is blustering and posturing; you're a pompous, self-righteous, self-serving pain in the ass! You spend your time trying to grab power and make a name for yourself instead of protecting those who need protecting."

She sighs and sits down, frowning at him. "He's not a rebel. He's too arrogant to allow himself to be considered one of the rabble. In fact, I'm surprised he was willing to settle for regent. He'd have been pressuring Her Majesty to marry him before her year's mourning was over. I'm glad we chose a female regent."
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

country

Country sits quietly, easing his frame, muscles tired and sore from the tournament and overnight ride back to the castle.  He finds the posturing wearisome, and chuckles quietly to himself as lady Sinera so eloquently states her view of the two blustering, swaggering, pompous knights. 

They both seem quick to turn to violence when they want to resolve issues.  Do they look to this means to resolve all matters of the court?

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ket

Ket listened intently to those around her. What a fuss they were all causing, claiming innocence or sniping at each other. She wished she could retire to her family's country estate and be done with all this mess. Hopefully soon they could sort out who the rebels were, and court life would return to normal.

"I think the Lady Haibane doth protest too much."
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

Haibane (6) - Mithlomwen, Amberghylles, Elandra, Caeli, Marguerite, Ket
Aiden (2) - LadySky, Winterborn
Amberghylles (2) - SleepyWei, Haibane
Marguerite (2) - Ryven, Xandi
Winterborn (2) - country, Aiden
Imogen (1) - Moirae
Mithlomwen (1) - Teno
Moirae (1) - Imogen
Ryven (1) - sinera
Caeli (0)
country (0)
Elandra (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Remiel (0)
sinera (0)
SleepyWei (0)
Teno (0)
Xandi (0)

Despite her eloquent pleas and logic, Haibane was chosen to die.  She held her head high as she was taken to the green, where all traitors meet their end, and insisted on her innocence to the last.

And innocent she was, for that day, the headsman's axe took the life of a loyal Councilor, a faithful servant of the Queen.

• Aiden
  • Amberghylles
  • Caeli
  • country
  • Elandra
  • Haibane - Councilor, lynched
  • Imogen
  • Ket
  • Kip
  • *LadySky
  • Marguerite
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Remiel - Councilor, killed by rebels
  • Ryven
  • sinera
  • SleepyWei
  • Teno
  • Winterborn
  • Xandi

There are 7 Rebels, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, 1 Alchemist, 1 Healer, and 7 Councilors.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

As Regent, LadySky was forced to follow along with the majority vote. She did not believe however that Lady Haibane was a guilty murderess. As she watched the execution her heart sank, she had feared the Lady Haibane was being sent to her death wrongly and before her eyes she saw her fears come true.

Immediately she ordered Lady Haibane's remains be given a proper and generous burial, her name to be honored on the lips of all in the kingdom. It was not enough however, too little too late she sighed sadly.

Would they continue to suffer loss after loss like this? The thought made her tremble and she retired quickly to her chambers, locking herself away for the night as she tried to pull her wits together.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Autumn52

When Lady Haibane was executed Lady Xandi looked away. She could not stand the thought of yet another innocent losing her life. 

Lady Haibane had made quite a few accusations and now she was dead. Could she have been right?

Lady Xandi feeling faint from the events of the past few days and now with this, she retired to her bed chamber to try and understand why this was happening to the royal court.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Aiden

In a silent gesture to the dead, he steps away from the scene the mob deemed justice before he spoke.
"Think of those who voted for an innocent to lose her life on this day, A loud mouth she might have been...but the noose was far harsh a punishment for that. Those who pointed fingers at her are my prime suspects as the rebels that threaten the kingdom..."
With a cautious and mistrusting glance he glared Mithlomwen, Amberghylles, Elandra, Caeli, Marguerite and Ket.
"Those who are alive in the morn, I will bid you farewell till then..."

sinera

sinera sighed as Haibane was proven innocent, as she had been sure the lady had been. Tears filled her eyes as she realized that the blustering of certain so-called knights had probably overshadowed the truth that Haibane had tried to tell the others about.

Part of her wondered if those who had voted to lynch the lady had done so truly believing her guilty, or just because she was making so much noise... if so, she could think of another who was likely to meet the same fate.
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Winterborn

Winterborn attended the execution and service afterward in a simple red tunic and breeches, the color a gesture of goodwill towards the fallen. As before, he stood apart, contacting no one except with meetings of the eye and shallow nods, speaking no words and offering no counsel until the last.

"Have ye a good rest, good lords and ladies. I will'nae be found asleep this night, but awake with sword and dirk in hand. Come who may."

And with that, he turned for his quarters, square of shoulder and broad of stride as ever.

Valerian

Those who remained slept uneasily that night.  Was that faint, chill breeze merely a draft?  Or did the restless spirits of the newly dead already haunt the dark stone halls?

Perhaps there were uneasy ghosts, but the living were more dangerous now.  The next day, Marguerite, another loyal Councilor, was found slain in her bed, the rich bedding and sofft pillows stained with her life's blood.

• Aiden
  • Amberghylles
  • Caeli
  • country
  • Elandra
  • Haibane - Councilor, lynched
  • Imogen
  • Ket
  • Kip
  • *LadySky
  • Marguerite - Councilor, killed by rebels
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Remiel - Councilor, killed by rebels
  • Ryven
  • sinera
  • SleepyWei
  • Teno
  • Winterborn
  • Xandi

There are 7 Rebels, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, 1 Alchemist, 1 Healer, and 6 Councilors.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

This morning LadySky had arisen before the sun began to peek over the horizon. She made her to the council chambers, praying the night had passed in peace. Hearing that the Queen was safe and sound within her rooms made her breathing ease somewhat, then one of Lady Marguerite's chamber maids came rushing, screaming to them with tears of terror streaming down her face. "My Lady has been slain, she is dead!", the girls cries made the Regent's heart freeze with anger and worry. It was not over, it had only just begun it seemed.

Once in the banquet hall she raised her voice for all to hear, "My vote stays with Lord Aiden, he has been the most obviously angered and rebellious of our people, I can only place my vote to one who gives me reason to distrust and the vocal Lord has indeed given reason."

Taking her seat she slowly began to pick through her meal, her heart pounding with her anger, her gut swirling with her confusion.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Autumn52

As the news of poor Lady Marguerite's death spread through the council Lady Xandi wept in silence. Only yesterday she had suspected Lady Marguerite as a rebel. Now the demon rebels had slain her. What a tragedy, another loyal friend to the crown struck down.

Lady Xandi's eyes swept the room to see if she could figure out who was killing her friends. Her attention was soon focused on Lady Imogen, she had been quite adamant about her disapproval of Lady Marguerite's extra curricular activities with the stable boys. Perhaps she had been jealous of Lady Marguerite's blatant disregard for what others thought.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

sinera

sinera entered the hall even more soberly than the day before, if it were possible. Lady Haibane's lynching the day before brought home to her that none of them were safe - not from the rebels, nor from each other.

She blanched as LadySky announced that another innocent had died in the night. Marguerite, who had lived and loved so freely, had been murdered in her sleep.

"I wonder," she mused aloud. "Haibane had been so convinced of who the conspirators are. Her arguments were quite convincing. I can only presume she was correct; I think perhaps Mithlomwen may be a rebel."

Mithlomwen

"I am no rebel, I can assure you."  The Lady Mith replied to Sinera with a shake of her head.  "At this moment all guesses as to who they are, are just that...guesses."  She glanced around the room, trying to decide to her who it was that looked like they might possibly be a rebel. 

"Perhaps since you are so eager to lay blame on me it is in fact you Lady sinera that is to blame for the innocents slaughtered these past days."  Mith said, quirking her brow at the woman.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

Mithlomwen (3) - sinera, Imogen, Teno
Imogen (2) - Xandi, Moirae
sinera (2) - Mithlomwen, Caeli
Aiden (1) - LadySky
Amberghylles (0)
Winterborn (0)
Moirae (0)
Ryven (0)
Caeli (0)
country (0)
Elandra (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Remiel (0)
SleepyWei (0)
Teno (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Amberghylles, country, Elandra, Ket, Kip, Remiel, Ryven, SleepyWei, Winterborn

There are 7 Rebels, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, 1 Alchemist, 1 Healer, and 7 Councilors.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

After Lady Haibane's execution, lady Imogen retreated to the Chapel and sank to her knees before the Virgin Mother. She prayed for the innocent councillor's soul until early morning. Her eyes were red-rimmed from tears when more sad news greeted her: another loyal councillor had been killed. She gathered her skirts and hastened to the hall where the advisors gathered, arriving barely in time to hear Xandi's accusations. Her fingers released the wooden beads of her rosary and she turned towards Xandi.

"My lady." Imogen addressed Xandi, "Were this any other time, I would not concern myself with this foul accusation. I am innocent and known as such amongst this court. But I ask you... No, I beg you, remember that it was my voice who spoke up in defense of Lady Marguerite, and that I am one of the Queen's advisors who was named by our poor friend, lady Haibane, as one innocent and reliable. My friend, we cannot afford to stand divided in these times... We must act as one and save our beloved sovereign with our steadfast advice."

Hearing Sinera, Imogen bowed her head. "I agree with Sinera. We must look towards Mithlomwen if we are to find the snake among us."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

sinera

sinera snorted. "Of course, I expected nothing less - accuse the one who pointed the finger at you... but the fact remains that you were the first to accuse Haibane, and Haibane has been proven to be innocent. Why else would you have accused her but because you yourself are one of the rebels?"

She sat back in her chair. "Convince me otherwise and I will change my vote. Haibane was convinced that you were a rebel; she died because you convinced the others *she* was the rebel. Use your powers of persuasion to convince me to vote for someone else."

Teno

"My lady Haibane, I am sorry I could not protect you." He said with his head bowed. Mithlowmen had began casting the blame on his fair lady Haibane, and while he was unable to proclaim her innocence as effectively the previous day, he hoped to do better this.

Mithlomwen

"I have nothing but my word to offer."  Mith replied to her simply.  "I know that I am not a rebel, but I am not sure what words I can offer you that you will believe."  Her eyes searched that of the other woman's, hoping that she would see the truth of her words shining in her eyes.  "I could give you a long elaborate speech as to why you should change your vote, but the 'prettiness' of words will not change the fact that what I say is true.  I am just as scared as the rest of you.  I do not want to die, and I do not want to die at the hands of my kinsmen, but I know not of what else I can say to convince you." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

desert ashes

Moirae glanced again to Imogen, wariness still present from the day before.  If the lady was rigid enough to cast ill remarks on her character, what of Marguerite?
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Caeli

And the night passed, and again, the morning brought argument, debate, and all manner of insults flying around while they sipped their morning tea and ate breakfast.

"So you're saying that everybody who voted for Haibane was a rebel, sinera?" Caeli asked sarcastically. "Then what does that make Marguerite, who surely was not a rebel?"
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs