Recruiting: The Lab (dark, NC, Medical, Extreme)

Started by WindVoyager, December 23, 2015, 11:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Game Type: Freeform/GM driven
Recruitment status: OPEN
Character Restrictions: No fantasy or supernatural creatures

Mad scientists and medical experimentation always go together.

This is not our typical lab set up, the Lab is not government funded and not affiliated with any government group. It is funded by a faceless entity only known as the Corporation that receives its funding from big medical companies. The Corporation's interests lay in everything from new medical technology to making genetically enhanced 'pets' for the upper most classes of society.

The Corporation is willing to do anything to keep the fact the Lab exists quiet and is willing to encourage the degradation of the scientists, after all they are free to do what ever they want as long as they get results. In other words the scientists are free to do what ever they want to the captives of the Lab, what ever degradation they want, turn their victims brains to mush, take them apart to see what makes them tick, as long as the corporation is satisfied with the results.

The Lab itself if a medium sized self contained faculty that appears to be nothing more then an abandoned factory in the desert wastes of Nevada on the surface with all the labs being underground to help ensure none of the test subjects will escape.

That being said, the main focus of the Lab is on the physiological and physical, not the sexual. Smut will happen, I just don't want the RP to be dominated by it. The test subjects will face things like being used as live targets for military\police drones in enclosed areas to test the effectiveness of the drones and the weapons it carries to being used in medical experimentation.

This is placed in the future so they will have access to things like nanite tech and even some stolen cybernetic tech. The Lab itself has everything you will ever need, all the tools of the trade, reinforced magnetically locking cages, surgical rooms, private offices and more. Now that doesn't mean your character can do what ever they want since the Corporation is paying for everything and wants results. Scientists who preform their own side experiments may find themselves stripped of thier rank, their equipment and files and end up as a test subject themselves. 

Players will take on either the roles of Scientists or their victims. We need to keep a good balance.

------------------------------

Simple rules

1)This a store\plot and character driven game. Sex will happen just don't let be the only thing your characters do

2) Post Frequency, I'd like each player to post at least once a week, more is better but real life can get in the way. There is no posting order so you dont have to wait on other players to post for you to post.

3) OOC chatter is to be kept to the OOC thread, not the main game threads

4) Communication is key to any role play.

5) Engage others, please don't lump up or pair off and leave other players hanging.

6) Extreme and NC content is only allowed with the full consent of all players involved.

7) Use the tagging system

Just some ideas of what your characters can do

_Make a monster, who doesn't like monsters? If movies have taught us anything, making a monster and controlling it are two very different things.

_Pull a  Soma. The tech exists so you can make a digital copy of someone's brain, alter it how you want and place the cyber brain into another body. Said synth body can be another gender or even another species. Said copy will believe its the orginal and may even have most or all the memories of the orginal. What would happen if the copy took over the real person life? Also you could do all manner of things to the copy like blow it up and more

-Use them as test subjects for all manner of drugs and medical experimentation

-Cyber implants

-Psychological abuse and trauma

Characters wanted:

Since variety is important the Lab needs a variety of test subjects, everything from humans that come from all walks of life to anthros to aliens and cyborgs. Variety allows them to test how the subjects are affected by drugs, being used as live targets and how they heal. The Rp will be open to any and all genders and sexualities.

Both original and fandom based characters are welcome

The victims can be just people yanked off the street, people no one will ever look for or people who have terminal illness who want it to be cured and are taken to the Lab under the cover of darkness and dont realize what they are getting into when they sign that dotted line. Others, like aliens, may have been kidnapped after landing on Earth and secretly taken to the Lab or may have even crash landed. Still others were scientists who did unethical or amoral things and were fired from their regular jobs only to find the Men in Black showing up at their doorstep with a request to work for the Lab

Player Name:

Character Name:

Scientist or Victim: (if your character is a scientist, what department do they work in?)

Sexual Orientation:

Bio / History:

Link to you On\Offs:

Extras: Is there anything of importance about your character that is needed to be known? Is there anything you are looking for in terms of victims?

Yukina

I'd love to play a female victim yanked off the street. :)

tormentedmale

TheVariableX

I could go for a sexy female scientist who is forcibly demoted to victim.
NEW: I'm travelling and will be unavailable until about the 26nd
On/Off   Story Requests

WindVoyager

Think of all the things you can do to a charcter

_Pull a  Soma and make a copy of someone's brain, alter it and download the scan into a cyber brian placed into another body. Said copy will believe its the orginal and may even have most or all the memories of the orginal. While there are gyriods and the like available, the super rich want something more....human. What better then something that IS human, a copy. Imagine the reason the copy will have upon finding the truth.

-Use them as test subjects for all manner of drugs and medical experimentation

-Cyber implants

-Psychological abuse and trauma

TheVariableX

I suppose my scientist might just think she is that scientist, when in fact she could be a replicant or some fast grown clone with a memory graft. 
On/Off   Story Requests

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

tormentedmale

Quote from: TheVariableX on December 26, 2015, 05:47:08 AM
I suppose my scientist might just think she is that scientist, when in fact she could be a replicant or some fast grown clone with a memory graft.
A twist on that could be that the replicant manages to somehow swap places with the original so the replicant ends up as the tormentor and the original becomes the victim.

TheVariableX

Having a character torture and experiment on someone who looks exactly like her is twisted
On/Off   Story Requests

BlueEyedBard

Would there be any room for a "Corporate Exec." Character?  The person who represents the faceless corporation in the facility. Has the responsibility to keep tabs on all the work of the scientists, making sure their progress is in line with the desires of the Board of Directors and making sure they are aware of the dangers of unsatisfactory results and bottom lines?
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

WindVoyager

QuoteWould there be any room for a "Corporate Exec." Character?  The person who represents the faceless corporation in the facility. Has the responsibility to keep tabs on all the work of the scientists, making sure their progress is in line with the desires of the Board of Directors and making sure they are aware of the dangers of unsatisfactory results and bottom lines?

Yes. We can always use someone to keep an eye on the others to make sure that they are not just fulfilling thier own agendas and don't have the Corporations best interests in mind. Or become soft and start to feel bad for the experiments and endanger the staff or other experiments. I imagine it would be dealt with harshly and swiftly.

QuoteA twist on that could be that the replicant manages to somehow swap places with the original so the replicant ends up as the tormentor and the original becomes the victim.

Not hard to imagine  the horror on her face. Chances are high one or more of the scientists will notice there is a replicant running loose and will take full advantage of it, like finding out how it reacts to certain stimuli and situations. Will it behave in a human manner? Will if behave more like a machine? Cold and calculating? Sick minds what to know.

TheVariableX

My preference would be to play a brilliant young scientist who has been producing copycat clones of herself (partially out of vanity, and in part because she considers herself an example of excellent genetics).  Given that each of the full grown copycats has all of her smarts and knowledge, the scientist herself is deemed replaceable, and she is put into secretly put into testing along with many of her clones, supposedly to see if they are really identical copies.

My choice for her torture could be pretty broad, but dark.  If anyone was interested in extreme dehumanization and amputation, that might be something I'd like to try. 

On/Off   Story Requests

tormentedmale

I have something like this in mind - older, on the surface cultured, well educated, refined. Underneath a complete and utter sociopath. He's probably working at the Lab following some unspecified transgression earlier in his career.

Yukina

I'm looking for an amusing female scientist to experiment on my female character. Here's her pic. :)

Realistic Style Pic If Desired

Angie

I would be interested in playing a scientist focused on cybernetics, quite possibly a transhumanist who believes such technology is the path to humanity's uplifting. And to practice what she preaches, she'll have a few 'upgrades' herself and might be working on a way to fully convert herself...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

BlueEyedBard

He's only known as Mr. Black, and he is the only face of the "Corporation" anyone has ever seen, even the scientists who had been working there the longest had only ever met Mr. Black.
Mr. Black's mysteriousness doesn't end with the lab he oversees. Outside of work he has no family, no friends, nobody who would even claim to know his name outside of the faceless C.E.O.s that he answers to.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Yukina

Quote from: Angiejuusan on December 28, 2015, 10:49:48 AM
I would be interested in playing a scientist focused on cybernetics, quite possibly a transhumanist who believes such technology is the path to humanity's uplifting. And to practice what she preaches, she'll have a few 'upgrades' herself and might be working on a way to fully convert herself...

My character could definitely use a few "upgrades" if you're up for it, Angie. :)

Angie

Quote from: TheVariableX on December 28, 2015, 12:43:28 AM
My preference would be to play a brilliant young scientist who has been producing copycat clones of herself (partially out of vanity, and in part because she considers herself an example of excellent genetics).  Given that each of the full grown copycats has all of her smarts and knowledge, the scientist herself is deemed replaceable, and she is put into secretly put into testing along with many of her clones, supposedly to see if they are really identical copies.

My choice for her torture could be pretty broad, but dark.  If anyone was interested in extreme dehumanization and amputation, that might be something I'd like to try. 

She would be a prime candiate for my girl's cybernetics testing. Give her "quick release" limbs which could be useful in military (quick swap weapons MegaMan style) and civilian (release an arm to get out of a situation) life. And if I'm bored quick release the legs and watch her faceplant.

Quote from: Yugishogun on December 28, 2015, 02:56:21 PM
My character could definitely use a few "upgrades" if you're up for it, Angie. :)

Then for the good of humanity, surrender your pathetic organic body and submit to chrome and steel!

Yukina

Quote from: Angiejuusan on December 28, 2015, 04:04:52 PM
Then for the good of humanity, surrender your pathetic organic body and submit to chrome and steel!

Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see what cybernetics (possibly related to "stress relief" and "personal recreation", though feel free to go wild) you have in mind for my adorably plump girl. :)

Silk

I'd be interested in playing one of the subjects, perhaps the true mind is kept in a state of suspended animation, but the characters conciousness is constantly transfered to other synthetic or real bodies as a means of experimentation in mind transferance, effects of death on the psyche and potential immortality. (In RP terms, just a expendable recyclable character to be used in a variety of situations which could involve death, without it having to be a new character, just the same character in a different body.)

TheVariableX

QuoteI'd be interested in playing one of the subjects, perhaps the true mind is kept in a state of suspended animation, but the characters conciousness is constantly transfered to other synthetic or real bodies as a means of experimentation in mind transferance, effects of death on the psyche and potential immortality. (In RP terms, just a expendable recyclable character to be used in a variety of situations which could involve death, without it having to be a new character, just the same character in a different body.)
That's interesting.  Did you have any preferred forms of snuff?
On/Off   Story Requests

WindVoyager

QuoteI'd be interested in playing one of the subjects, perhaps the true mind is kept in a state of suspended animation, but the characters conciousness is constantly transfered to other synthetic or real bodies as a means of experimentation in mind transferance, effects of death on the psyche and potential immortality. (In RP terms, just a expendable recyclable character to be used in a variety of situations which could involve death, without it having to be a new character, just the same character in a different body.)

makes me think of the cyber brains in Ghost in Shell. They already have the ability to make scans of the mind and make a clone of said mine and stick it into a synth body and blow it up and worse rather then put a cyberbrain in which is more complex. And expensive.

QuoteSounds wonderful. Can't wait to see what cybernetics (possibly related to "stress relief" and "personal recreation", though feel free to go wild) you have in mind for my adorably plump girl.

Cybernetics isn't a new thing and is pretty advanced in this world, its not not wide spread or wildly used due to how society in general would react to it. In general they'd go ape shit if they knew not only how advanced it was but that there are already cyborgs among them in the form of kids entertainment and as gyriods owned by the upper crust of society. Its just now only beginning to spread into medical uses like limb replacements and so fa there's been no miltary use of them

Angie

Yukina

Quote from: Angiejuusan on December 29, 2015, 05:44:03 PM
Well we'll just have to change that, won't we?

Care to have a bout of evil laughter, Angie? :)

Angie

Quote from: Yugishogun on December 29, 2015, 05:44:51 PM
Care to have a bout of evil laughter, Angie? :)

Absolutely not. While its stress relieving properties are well known, performing such actions could leave be vulnerable at a vital moment. *Closes her copy of the Evil Overlord's Handbook*