News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Harry Potter Mafia Game Thread ~ WIZARDS WIN!!!

Started by Sarena, November 25, 2012, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starlequin

Star awoke curled up beneath one of the conference tables in the office, tangled in his robes. Bright orange smoke wafted from his newly restored form, and he blinked in groggy confusion as he lay on the floor, wondering how the world had gotten so small in the night. He smacked his lips and scratched behind one ear and tried to remember what was so strange about such a common motion; the sound of his skull thwacking against the table's oaken underside echoed through the room as realization dawned in all its painful glory.

"Ouch! I mean, I'm big again! I mean, I'm me! Really me, not froggy me! I have fingers! And hair! And...and...um..." Starlequin's eyes widened for a moment as he ran a... perfunctory check over himself and sighed in giddy relief as he learned everything was still in place. "Even that! Well, it's there, at any rate. But I'm me again!"

The young wizard crawled out from beneath the table and carefully rose to his feet, marveling at the joy of once again possessing opposable thumbs and load-bearing ankles. His wand was jammed into a back pocket of his robes, and he withdrew the ash rod and felt its core strand of unicorn hair thrum with power as its owner brandished it once more. His heart swelled with pride, not entirely unjustified; not many wizards he'd ever heard of had survived nearly a full week of being hexmogrified into a small and defenseless creature. A learning experience, that's what this whole incident was, exactly the kind of education a wizard just couldn't get selling dragon-grade mandrake fertilizer in a family shoppe!

A low, thin 'ribbit' sounded from the ground near the wall, and Starlequin's ears twitched as he turned to spy his nemesis, the renegade chocolate frog, hop out from its hiding place behind a cloud-poofed chair. He bared his teeth in a feral grin, gripped his want tight, and took careful aim. At last, he would be vindicated against his fudgey foe. Or at least, he would have been.

Poor boy really should have checked that nick in his wand just above the handle. The one crackling dimly with leaking magic.

"Tracelatorix!" Starlequin growled, pointing his curse at the candied frog, fully intent on obliterating the little nuisance and leaving nothing but an ugly, delicious stain on the carpet. It would have worked, too, the spell hadn't bunched up within the damaged wand and fired back onto its caster. Starlequin had less than a second before the white light engulfed him and he felt the agony of his flesh and bones melting out of shape again. 'Not again,' he thought, despair effectively numbing the pain of his latest transformation until his new form crashed to the floor.

~I wanna go home,~ thought the extraordinarily pissed off pot of daisies as it landed on the carpet, petals shivering from the impact.

Remiel
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Sasha 5
Mr Bigglesworth 1
Remiel 5

Yet to Vote:

ThatRPGuy

Last call. Wrapping up this evening and moving on! 

Please note****The post after this one was my mistake.  I had a derp moment and thought SunshineSparkle was still alive. The only one left to vote is ThatRPGuy.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine took a few moments to assemble her thoughts, finally a quiet night without death surrounding them.
"Sorry, Sasha."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Sarena

Voting Closed:

It would seem that the wizards are split on what to do, and with time running out, they call on their newly elected Minister of Magic to make the final decision.

Sasha 5
Remiel 5

Niferbelle who do you chose?
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Niferbelle

Minister Niferbelle sighed, annoyed she shoulkd have to exercise her power so soon as she knew if she made the wrong choice, it would be her head in the noose next. Her eyes swept over both Sasha and Remiel but in the end she decided to stick with the same impulse that had caused her to make her personal vote.

"Talk him away," she simply said, gesturing toward Remiel before she retreated to her office for a cu[ of tea and a good think.

Sarena

Voting Results:

With the newly elected Minister's decision made, Remiel was dragged away, not even his dashing good looks and debonair charm could save him this time.  A quick search of his person and belongings turned up the Marauder's Map and no Dark Mark.  As if the Death Eater's would have a Mudblood in their ranks!  Preposterous!

Night Five Starts! 

Night abilities, you know what to do. (And I am sorry for taking so long!)

James Moriarty

James stood in the empty halls humming to himself.  Opening his small chest of things, he tinkered with the vials and flasks and materials therein.  Potions -- how he adored them.  He smiled to himself, knowing he had done well with his so far.  The first used on Josietta, his aim had been true, and he had removed a Death Eater from their ranks.  And then came Kythia -- oh, poor Kythia, turned right at the start of the game to do the bidding of those much more evil than she.

He closed the case and thought to himself.  Now that he had used up his abilities, there was no special reason for the Death Eaters to kill him, but he could use his remaining time to help those with whom he was allied.  Those that had voted against Remiel were proved wrong -- he smiled.  Surely a Death Eater had voted for Sasha so that they could save face, but he was certain now that Sasha was among that evil bunch.

James relaxed on the couch and started to fall asleep.  He was glad to have been lucky enough to have fought evil so well in his life.  Besides Sasha, he suspected that Niferbelle was surely a dark witch, and knew with complete certainty that ThatRPGuy, Mr. Bigglesworth and persephone8675309 were all fair wizards of the highest caliber.

And with that, he dozed off.

Sarena

NIGHT FIVE: All of you with night abilities will need to PM me and let me know what you want to do!

Sarena

NIGHT FIVE RESULTS:

Another uncertain night among the wizards, all hoping that this dark time would be brought to an end before it was too late.  When morning broke, the body of Luna was found, no Dark Mark, nothing in her belongs to suggest she was anything more than a wizard still.  It seemed her fortune from before had run out...

DAY SIX BEGINS! VOTE!

PLAYERS:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
James Moriarty
MCsc
Mr. Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
Sasha
Starlequin
ThatRPGuy

ROLES:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x1-3

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
Dementor
The Impostor
Death Eaters x1-3

Starlequin

Morning light shone into the office, and Starlequin stretched his stems to follow the sunbeams with his dewy petals. For certain he needed something to warm him up; sitting in the dark of night for so long wasn't the only cause of the chill that nestled in his roots. Luna was dead, yet another innocent witch gone -- and Star suspected he'd heard her killer during the night, skulking about the Ministry offices like some murderous...skulker. If he only had proper ears, dammit! He could identify these dastardly Death Eaters and help end this madness for good! Except...even if he could regain some measure of auditory function, how to tell the others that he believed that the behavior of Beguile's Mistress warranted investigation?

Niferbelle

Since the revelation that they had lost another during the night, an innocent, Niferbelle had been steeling herself for the accusations and recriminations that would surely come. She was almost philosophical about it at this point, after all, she'd never given a hair of Merlin's beard what others thought of her. It was bothersome, of course, that she hadn't been able to prevent another display but she didn't need anyone else's criticism to motivate her to try to strengthen the Ministry's response. She hummed softly under her breath and grabbed a mister, walking over to the strange plant she seemed to have inherited with the office. She watered it with the utmost care, a frown darkening her features.

"Starlequin," she said after a moment. "Who has been monitoring him? I fear he may be the fly in our ointment."

persephone325

Persephone knew there were two people she could definitely trust. The others, she wasn't so sure about.

"What do you think, Athena?" She asked her tiger as she hopped up on her lap. As she stroked her head, something nagged at her about RPGuy, but without any proof it was just a gut feeling for now.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. still could not see how any of those around could be a death eater.  "I don't want to say it, because she is so sweet, but I think Niferbelle might just have a dark side - perhaps even a hunger for death."

Sarena

Vote Tally:

BeMi 1
Starlequin 1
ThatRPGuy 1
Niferbelle 1

Please note:  I'd love to get this round wrapped up in the next 24 hours, if it all possible, guys.

Aiden

Sasha

Sasha looked up from that spot she seemed to enjoy ...reading again she was as if the answer to everything lay inbetween the pages . Biting her lip as she had been listening to the names being out forth . Starlequin ....well now how exactly could a flowerpotted plant do much of anything . Wasn't he just a frog ...clever disguise if he was in actuality the Dark Lord but didn't such creatures that were to involke fear supposed to be fearsome . Couldn't be him ....rather insulting really. 

" ThatRPguy .....now he seems more suspicious than most . "  thinking about how he had just managed to hide in the background on everything . He was hiding something she was sure of it .

persephone325

Persephone changes her vote to Niferbelle.
I don't know.

Sarena

Vote Tally:

BeMi 1
Starlequin 2
ThatRPGuy 1
Niferbelle 2

Please note:  I'd love to get this round wrapped up in the next 24 hours, if it all possible, guys.

James Moriarty

Niferbelle is certainly a Death Eater.  Mark my words.

Starlequin

The young wizard quaked in his pot, petals ruffled with all the righteous fury of a geranium in a summer breeze as he heard his name listed among their suspects. It was impossible! It was unthinkable! It was ridiculous! Could none of them see he was in no condition to attack a fellow mage? Metals and kettles, he hadn't even been able to eliminate a chocolate frog!

If nothing else, his current predicament served to solidify Starlequin's suspicions. BeMi was indeed evil, and Aiden and Niferbelle were clearly in cahoots with her!

Sarena

VOTE TALLY:

Starlequin 3
ThatRPGuy 1
Niferbelle 5

YET TO VOTE:

Beguile's Mistress, MCsc, ThatRPGuy

LAST CALL!!!!  I will be wrapping this round up tonight before I go to bed.  It's been going on since the 7th, and I completely understand that there is a period of getting back into the swing of things after the holiday break.  However, from now on, there will be a 48-ish hour cut off for each day/night round.

Missy

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Sarena

Voting Results:

With that nasty business out of the way, the wizards all pulled their wands once again, suspecting another corrupted Minister of Magic.  When the smoke cleared, Niferbelle lay dead on the floor near the large fountain that greeted those that visited and worked in the building every day.  A quick inspection of her arm revealed the Dark Mark....they had, indeed, found a Death Eater.   

...But would their luck remain intact with the coming night?

Night Six & Quick Vote:  A new MoM must be appointed.  I will run this vote concurrently with Night Six.  Please place your vote for MoM here in the game thread.  Those of you with nighttime abilities, you know what to do!