The Amazing Disappearing Avatar

Started by Rhapsody, August 02, 2009, 03:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody

So... more often than not, when I change the page (either by refreshing the current page or moving to a different one entirely) my avatar does this:

Continuing to move around the site, it appears and disappears seemingly at random.  I have no idea what's going on.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Dakota

Thats Odd, my av has never done that

Skye

Mine used to do that once in a great while, Rhapsody. Is your avatar downloaded into the Wiki? I noticed that after I did that, and got the link from there, it was fine.
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Caeli

I'm fairly certain that all avatars are hosted by Elliquiy's server, no matter if it is linked from elsewhere or uploaded from your computer.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

Yes, though, the shoutbox won't work until all images have loaded, so something must have gone wrong with downloading/parsing her avatar on her machine.

http://www.downloadatoz.com/multimedia-design_directory/jpeg-png-stripper/

I use this for jpeg files and something called tweakpng for png files to remove unnecessary file info.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Reign on August 02, 2009, 03:17:08 PM
Mine used to do that once in a great while, Rhapsody. Is your avatar downloaded into the Wiki? I noticed that after I did that, and got the link from there, it was fine.

No, it was uploaded from my machine via the option on the [Edit] Forum Profile section.

Quote from: Vekseid on August 02, 2009, 05:06:16 PM
Yes, though, the shoutbox won't work until all images have loaded, so something must have gone wrong with downloading/parsing her avatar on her machine.

http://www.downloadatoz.com/multimedia-design_directory/jpeg-png-stripper/

I use this for jpeg files and something called tweakpng for png files to remove unnecessary file info.

Thanks, I'll try it. 

It's only been acting up in the last day or so.  It's been perfectly behaved for the month or so it's been my avatar. 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.