[Pandemonium] Recruitment V1 (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, September 18, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cataclysmic Archangel

They all do, because the Atalanteans of Old were all sorts of magical.  YOU decide what powers you'll have, within the guidelines of the race you create.

For instance, Elysian's character is all seductress and can use a lot of 'charm' spells.  My character is a combat monkey, so his powers are all passive effects to make him sexy in combat scenes.

Juggtacular

Quote from: LunarSage on October 02, 2015, 11:11:20 AM
Question... what determines whether your character has magic or not?  If they do have magic, what determines which 'spells' they get?

Beyond your natural racial abilities(like Atlantean's breathing water for example, or Nephilim being natural geniuses), you get your actual "magic" abilities from the Atlantean Soul that has found refuge in your characters body. From there, you choose your own powers as long as they add up tot he power rating system Wispyr set in place.

So if you made an Atlantean, you get 6 power points, and no power can be higher than level 4.

Kalani(my character) for example can turn his body into metal at the cost of 4 power points. While he's got the passive power "Strength of an Ox" that costs 2 slots, coming up to a total of 6. Or I could have given him 6 level 1 powers, or 3 level 2 powers, etc...

Hope that helps!  XD

Josietta

We are doing our sheets today so that does help. Hopefully they will be submitted by tonight for approval.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

MiraMirror

On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Wispyr

As we head towards game launch, this'll be the last call for submission and entry into Pandemonium until a later date. So if you've been lurking, on the fence, or are otherwise interested in joining... Now is the time!

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

I just need to write up a history and further define his magic powers and I'll be set for character submission.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Amarlo

General Recruiting Announcement

Despite what the current thread title says, Pandemonium is once again accepting new players!

Check out the [Pandemonium]Approved Character Sheets thread to see the roster of awesome guys and gals you could be playing with! We're still taking any Lord, Lady or Liege who wants to join in on the fun; we're still taking any in character gender that you'd like to play; we're still taking any of the five Denizen races that you're interested in.

We've got a core of fantastic writers set up already, and this game promises to be an excellent adventure of creative story telling mixed with boundless player interactions. GM events. Character progression. Fighting giant monsters and giant robots. Potentially fighting giant robot monsters! Exploring the lost city of Atlantis and discovering its secrets. Planar travel.  So if you've been lurking around, pondering joining or if this is your first time giving us a peek come join us this awesome collaborative adventure!

What We Currently Offer
[Pandemonium] Approved Character Sheets - Our current and active cast of amazing characters and players.
[Pandemonium] Out of Character - For all the chit chat and plotting!
[Pandemonium] Tenzin Facility: Whiteout - The main game thread filled with wonderful posts and more to come!
[Pandemonium] Snippets In Time - This thread represents moments in the game world history of Pandemonium that got cut short or didn't belong anywhere else. It is a collection of short stories rather than one long flowing novel.
[Pandemonium] Announcements - A thread used to log any announcements made in the ooc thread so people don't have to worry about missing anything important!
A Skype Group Chat full of friendly and easily lovable people to enjoy the company of between posts and plot more quickly with!

Our GMs
Wispyr
Amarlo

The Main Time Line So Far
- A group of seemingly randomly gathered individuals have been collected and involuntarily held at an Atlas Facility over the span of two weeks
Day 1
- Yellow Alert goes off early in the morning forcing all of the prisoners into their main holding cell affectionately called The Nest
- Shortly after everyone arrives Tenzin guards and a Major arrive(GM Npcs), various incidents ensue and one of the inmates are held down and beaten for ignoring the chain of command.
- The facility's second in command, Lt. Colonel Suesquwa(GM NPC), arrives just before the Major pulls the trigger on one of inmates and puts him in his place.
- An argument between Suesquwa and a prisoner Charles Dickens(GM NPC) starts over his building of a blanket fort.
- Another inmate, Vivian, is taken from the group and Charles is shot in the head by Suesquwa in cold blood.
- The group is left behind as the Tenzin exit the room, leaving their beaten peer and Charles' corpse unattended while people try to cope and figure out what is going on!

If you're interested in joining the game or have any questions don't hesitate to speak up! Additionally, our gms' pm boxes are always open for any questions and concerns people don't feel comfortable asking in recruitment. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Amarlo

Wonderful! ^^ Glad to have you aboard, Crash!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Yay, Crash!

That ... actually reminds me. I really owe a reply and apology in the Jade Dragons. I haven't posted anything since posts started coming back in.  :-\
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Wispyr

Amarlo basically summarized everything up above beautifully. So... I won't do it again.

At this point we're looking to bring on a small number of new people (2-5), so this is something of a "limited offer" recruitment as it's just to reinforce what we've currently got going. There will be opportunities again in the future to join, but this is a good chance to get in while the going is still, relatively, new and enjoy the awesome staging scenes that bring the main group together.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Crash

Hi Josi! 

I should be nearing completion of a character sheet.  I just need to finalize my Atlantean Soul.

VonDoom

Neat! What sort of character are you making, if you're willing to give us a sneak peek?  :-)

O&O

Juggtacular

All Trillian wants to know is if his soul is a loyal Atlantean, lol.

MiraMirror

Crash

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on November 30, 2015, 11:41:17 AM
"Is he...dangerous?..."

Aren't they all?

The soul I am working on would be basically be head of the police force with a specialization in controlling Atlantean automatons and sentries.

The character?  She is pretty damaged and skittish.  Doesn't at all look like a threat, tends to hold conversations with herself out loud and basically comes off as kind off not all there.

VonDoom

I suppose she and Virgil will get along just like fire hoses, then!  XD

O&O

Josietta

Meanwhile, Ksenia (who is not yet there) wonders where this place finds all these nutjobs... too many nutters and not enough normmies.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

O&O

MiraMirror

Ashe is normal....Relatively.... Sort of...Well, she's cuddly?... >:C