Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haztur

"Hey, you don't think its Myrriah, right?" said Clarice as she followed Myst. "I mean she is  the only person I have seen using one of those."
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"There are other ways to form portals than by magic," Myst replied. "Besides, she hasn't been in this cave ever and the person who formed that portal would have had to to place it so carefully."

Haztur

"oh, so there is someone else?" for a moment she was glad, still they had an enemy among them that needed to be dealt with.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"There's one," he replied. "He's a mercenary, I warned Tom he could easily change sides if someone offered him enough money but Tom convinced me he'd changed. Damnit, we should've seen this coming."

Haztur

"Ugh mercenaries can hardly be trusted, their true loyalty is for themselves and their pockets." said Clarice as she followed Mylo. At least thankfull that she didn't know this person.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

As they reached the courtyard Milo threw his spear, easily killing another werewolf who'd been about to attack Myra, who nodded in thanks, before signalling to withdraw back to where Myst and Milo were stood.

"The walls have been breached," Tom said as he killed a demon with a deft thrust of his sword. "They had a way in, it bypassed just about every defence we have."

"I can deal with this," Myra said, who was clearly bleeding from a wound in her arm. "But you have to get underground, the spell will kill anyone I can't protect and the more I have to safeguard the more energy the spell will require."

"We need to find Lazlo," Myst said, a note of anger in his voice. "He compromised the defences around the cavern too, if it wasn't for the guards you gave us the children would be in mortal danger."

Haztur

"Clarice gives Myra a quick kiss." come with us soon, her hand running along her arm imagining the wound healed in the future and hoping for it to be soon, as they leave looking for Lazlo Myra could see that her wound had now closed, there is an scar there but besides that her arm is in perfect condition just as if enough time had passed to let the wound heal.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"How long can you leave it before you need to cast the spell?" Tom asked Myra.

"With an attack this severe anything over twenty minutes will risk me being overrun," Myra replied. "Why, what are you planning?"

"Jason, Vince, use your forces to protect Myra until we're ready," Tom replied. "Milo, you and Aaron go to the cavern and make sure the people in there are safe. Myst, Clarice, you're with me, we're going to find Lazlo and deal with him once and for all."

Haztur

Clarice only nodded and said "good luck" to Myra  and the rest before following Tom and searching after LAzlo.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Be careful Tom," Myst said as they dodged through the corridors, most of which were empty except for the occasional running battle. "We both know how dangerous Lazlo's powers can be."

"Yeah, but I also know Lazlo's one weakness," Tom replied. "I think he forgets how strong my telepathic powers are, I know how to stop him."

They reached the bottom of a set of stairs which led into an immense vault. At its centre was a glowing portal, guarded by only two figures. One was a werewolf-like creature like they had seen before, the other was a tall, grizzled looking middle-aged man who was looking round him nervously.

"Clarice, do you think you can deal with the demon?" Tom asked.

Haztur

"No problem... they die like anyone else... and I already know how he would act." said Clarice before moving into the room, still hidding, she let the other 2 move on Lazlo and as the werewolf charged at them she put a couple of bullets where it was about to move, killing them in an instant.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Just as Tom was about to stab him Lazlo teleported, Tom letting out a curse under his breath.

"Damnit Lazlo, fight me like a man," he called out but gained no answer.

"Careful Tom," Myst said sternly. "He's got the only teleport power I've ever seen where you can't tell where he's going next."

A moment later Lazlo appeared behind Clarice, grabbing her and placing a dagger to her throat and trying to climb back up the stairs.

"You don't understand," he said, a note of panic in his voice. "You have to let them in, if they don't we-"

He was cut off as Chameleon emerged from the wall behind him and knocked him flat with one swing of his arm, freeing Clarice.

"We can find out why he did it later," Chameleon said. "We need to get into the vault so Myra can cast the spell untroubled."

Haztur

Clarice had been to busy shooting at the demon to be able to react in time, she had known Lazlo was to be at her back, but both Lazlo and Chamaleon acted faster than her, and she was thankful with a knife to her neck she had been in real danger for a moment.

Clarice was breathing hard as they spoke, kneeling besides Lazlo and taking out her belt to tie his hands and then his legs sharply behind his back. "Ok just to make sure he is not moving ."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I knew Lazlo was up to something," Chameleon said. "But there was no way I could've stopped him. I figured out one of you would realise he was up to something though so I waited for the right moment to intervene."

"Good job you were there too," Tom said as he stared at Lazlo's unconscious form. "We like to call him the Swiss Army Knife of powered people, he doesn't have just one power...we haven't even figured out how many he has. Makes it difficult to fight the damn guy half the time."

Haztur

"oh, that sound sproblematic, so he is a bit like archangel? just in a weaker version?" said Clarice as she looked at the man, "well we have more work to do anyway, lets bring him back to us... but before does thee portal will colapse now that he is unconscious or we need to stop it?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Before Tom could answer there was a boom from above them that seemed to shake the whole castle. The others looked worried but Myst simply smiled as the portal in the room vanished suddenly.

"The spell worked," he said. "The threat's gone, for now anyway."

Haztur

"Well they know where we are, we should be vigilant, lets hope they keep to themselves for a while, we still have a lot to question Lazlo for now." said Clarice seriously.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We'd better take him to Archangel," Tom said. "Between me and him Lazlo will give us the answers we want one way or another, and we can get to work treating any wounded we may have. Hopefully we have as few dead as possible."

Haztur

Clarice goes to help with the wounded, mosty helping transport them and giving them first aid, unaware that she might be able to heal them otherwise.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Myra was being bandaged by a young woman who'd been in the cavern, who was showing slight annoyance that her patient was unwilling to stay completely still. Amazingly the walls of the castle remained largely intact, although the courtyard was covered in many enemy bodies.

"Whoever built this castle built it well," Milo said with a laugh. "If you took the bodies out of the castle you'd have a hard time believing there'd been a battle here. Well, except for the injured obviously."

Haztur

Clarice went to Myra and helped the one healing her to keep her in place by putting her arms together. "Not so tough when against a doctor?"

She still looked up "so this are the demons?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"These are only the scouts," the Archangel said as he returned from where he and Tom had been interrogating Lazlo. "Either Lazlo had been brainwashed or he genuinely believed helping them attack this castle would help humanity. As long as that ship is up there they can attack with or without Lazlo's help though."

Haztur

"So? any ideas to bring it down?" said Clarice. "maybe they brainwashed him, maybe people in the CIA are like him, just thinking that they are helping when they are doing the other way around... so maybe they have a way to mind control anyone."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"The only option would be the Archangel's ship," Tom replied. "But we'd be risking it getting shot down unless we have a definite plan of attack first."

Haztur

"And we don't know if they have another one... another option could be to board them, of course that is a lot more dangerous in many ways." said Clarice.
-Mark Twain