Starcraft - Command & Conquer crossover?

Started by Primarch, May 03, 2012, 04:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Primarch

Looks good for the most part Zorro, but flippin hell that's a lot of modifications. Is there anything he hasn't upgraded in one way or another? Don't suppose you could be a bit more modest with the mods lad?

Urbanzorro

Sure, most of it is just silly stuff that popped into my head while making the character ;D i.e. He could easily knee someone without thicker kneepads, etc. I just felt lime adding things to explain why he will wind up doing things that normal Starcraft marines don't. I'll trim/alter the list.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

I suppose once Zorro is finished and his character is approved I'll set up IC for the GDI/Dominion faction.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

Perhaps you could take a look at what the other people thus far have selected as their 'something special,' for instance a NOD Bike, a NOD intel background or being highly fanatical towards Kane.
Very small when compared to additional frontal armour, special frontal radar, boots that can ignore gravity, power supply that can run indefinitely double sized ammo magazine, increased accuracy, harder to spot in infrared & more. The cosmetic stuff is fine but the "something special" was supposed to be "something" not a list of "somethings." <.< 

Urbanzorro

Ok, I did some thinking and realized that my concept wasn't really fitting in so I rehashed it a bit and came up with something new. Hope it works?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ironwolf85

I loved GDI, but didn't play the most recent thanks to steam.
it seemed that Kane and his followers went galactic I know that much.
I kinda have the idea of GDI finally getting their space program galactic, and running into their "old friends"
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Primarch

New idea looks fine Zorro!

Hey Ironwolf, they've already had to go galactic for this game to work. The Dominion gave them the tech to teach their area of space in exchange for information, man power & weapons tech to help fight the NOD/Raiders alliance.

Ironwolf85

I've been with Tiberium series for a while and know the lore, GDI was experimenting with inter-stellar travel, they had orbital ships and everything.
they hadn't cracked the FTL barrier, it was their only hinderance. looking at the diffrences between the Dominion and GDI, GDI seems to be the technological superior, in many ways but infantry and FTL drives, in part thanks to having vast energy reserves in the form of tiberium.

I never played the last game (thank you @!%$ "must regester online" clause)
but in tiberium wars it seemed that Nod had two types of forces the low level millita, and cheap stuff, and the high tech "unethical" weapons like tiberium weapons, stealth, and such.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Primarch

That's good to know. o.O

So do you fancy joining this merry band and got a character idea or just looking about?

Karasu

this is.. a frekaing epic idea! I've watched the entire single player walkthrough for SC2, played some myself on their free eddition, and played the old C&C games XD I would LOVE to get in on this.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Primarch

Well by all means, if you have a character idea feel free to post. We've got enough GDI/Dominion peeps to establish there HQ, so I'll be getting on that asap.

Karasu

I could make a protoss from STarcraft, or make a terran for Raynor's Raiders

Primarch

Karasu

Do you have a character sheet Primarch? I could work on it after work.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Primarch on May 16, 2012, 12:06:46 PM
That's good to know. o.O

So do you fancy joining this merry band and got a character idea or just looking about?

looking about at the moment, I also looked deeply into GDI and Nod's techs and styles. and I did my research on what tiberium actually does.
Tiberium, while prone to mutating and changing it's exact properities, tiberium retains a few constants, it gathers all mineral and atomic resources and condences them into the tiberium crystal as it grows, hence it's ability to be refined into vast resources once broken down or burned for amazing energy. Tiberium reacts quicker with liquid elements, especally water, allowing it to desolate an area quickly. lastly tiberium is HIGHLY toxic to the touch, causing mutation, crystal formation on organic matter, and in 90% of cases, death.
The refining process for tiberium is stupidly simple, cook it, ignite it, and it gives one a powersource three times more powerful than gasoline. If you can make moonshine, or crystal meth, you can power an entire city with tiberium fuel you made in your bathtub, refinement also releases toxic fumes.

In every game GDI is a master of "conventional warfare" even going toe to toe with the alien Scrin in the third, and toppling the organic armies. Tanks, Bombs, Choppers, orbital jets, snipers, and mech walkers are theri conventional fanfare, prefering tried and proven (but highly advanced) conventional weapons.

Railguns: GDI's railguns launch a solid slug at super sonic speed, the impact and impaling damage alone is enough to seriously harm tanks and other heavy or armored creatures, and leaves nothing of but infantry but red stains. GDI had even made them man portable. used by power armored Zone Troopers. their one drawback is the cooldown time between shots, as the infantry version over-heats easily, the type mounted on tanks and defence buildings is far more leathal due to the incorpration of a cooling method. railguns are percision weapons.

Sonics: one of the few weapons that can destroy tiberium outright Sonic Barriers and weapons will rattle tiberium's crystaline structure down to it's base elements, seperating them, rendering the stuff inert. GDI developed sonic weapons to such a degree that they can blow men away or crack open a tank with vibrations. Sonic weapons (such as shatter-tanks) required a lot of power in tiberium war 3.

otherwise GDI has made the refining process of tiberium "safe" they also have discovered cold fusion.

Problems: GDI's moral mandate prevents it's forces from using stealth in all but spec-ops moves, dispite flirting with it over the years, GDI has utterly refused to use tiberium as a weapon in any form. they have however learned how to protect themselves from such potant weapons during their wars with nod.

The Brotherhood of Nod, while Kane is the leader and visible face of the brotherhood, he is not it's only member, generals have come and gone, some have been brillant.  Nod specializes in fighting dirty, as they cannot beat GDI in a fair fight, as has been proved time and time again. at the basic level Nod's forces range from fantaical millita and famiously fragile and fast scorpian tanks, to elite assasians, avatar war machines, and devistating stealth weapons. Nod combines the fanatical power and number of third world armies backed up by their, unethical, experimental, deadly (to themselves included) technology, and stealth tactics.

Tiberium Weapons: Liquid Tiberium bombs, tiberium sprayers, Cookers, Injections for suiside troops, or blowing their own temple to kingdom come and devastating all of eastern europe. there is nothing Nod won't sink to to win, and if they can show their foes the "green light" of their cause, all the better.
Lasers: nod has developed beam laser technology, unlike GDI's rail cannons, Lasers require too much power to be used by infantry. GDI has laser sights, but nod's will melt your head. as mentioned they require incredible power, which tiberium provides them with.
AI: both sides have AI, but unlike GDI, nod had experimented with self aware AI's. that did not go in their favor the first time. They also make liberal use of cybernetics, even reanimating corpses as undead cyborg warriors. the AI angle has failed them more often than it's worked, and many fundimentalists within nod concider AI's heresy against the cause.

Scrin: never explained, the scrin were an alien race that developed tiberium, when they arrived to harvest their new "crop" they discovered that humans had survived, and even harnessed tiberium's power. while their suprise attack was devistating, Humanity (both Nod and GDI) handed them their own asses. The Scrin are addicted to tiberium, the Cult of Reaper exemplifying this behind a religious facade. they have limited psionic power and mind control tech as well as advanced bio-organic weapontry. Scrin mind control is limited in range, and cannot overcome strong willed opponents (GDI or nod commandos, Gdi's elite sniper corps, terran Ghosts, Zurg Overlords, just about ANY protoss, etc). but against the weak minded (grunts, marines, millita, lesser zerg, etc.) they can turn men against each other.

The Scrin's greates weakness is their reliance on tiberium, starved of it they loose power quickly, and even their bio-weapons get sick and die quickly, like a junkie dying of withdrawl. having seeded harvested planets for the energy rich substance Scrin never developed effeccent methods of use, there was always more at hand untill the harvesting of earth failed. Unlike all other races, scrin are physically healed by tiberium.
The Scrin have analyzed Kane, and found no genetic match in their entire galactic database, this disturbs them greatly.

of note: if you played the less popular C&C Commado FPS game it is hinted that Kane might actually be the biblical Kane who murdered his brother Abel. Abel's tomb was discovered by GDI special forces. weather this is game event is cannon or not has never been confirmed or denied by the C&C developers.

Primarch

There's a character sheet on the first page Karasu.

Frank Reshman

So...I have absolutely no idea what C&C is about, but I'll go read the wiki later.  As for my character, if you're still taking, I would like to submit a Protoss warrior.

Name: Mike Reynolds
Faction: None, as of yet. He is currently roaming solo.
Character Role: Ghost/Sniper
Skills: Invisibility, Excellent shot, Excellent tracker
Equipment: C-10 Canister Rifle, AGR-14 Rifle, Two (2) P500 Pistol. (all silenced) Combat Knife. Specialized combat suit.
Special Traits: Short term invisibility, Incredible accuracy, Night Vision
Something Special: Knife was a gift from his brother.  Mike has killed 11 Protoss Zealots with the knife.  The ticks in the handle represent each Zealot life taken with it.
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality: Mike is quiet, reserved, and uncharacteristically peaceful for a war machine.  He is slow to anger, but when he does, nobody is safe from his rage.  He has bested almost a dozen Protoss warriors in hand to hand combat and he has taken more lives than he can count.  Some protoss, some terran, most zerg.  He roams around, hoping for an end to the war that has ravaged his home planet for years. 
Backstory: Ever since he was a child, Mike had displayed the tell-tale signs of psionic gifts.  He was exceptionally smart, strong, and charismatic.  He was taken into the Confederacy "Ghost" program, like his brother before him. There, he was trained to be a marksman as well as how to defend himself if he ever ran out of ammo.  He was taught how to channel his psionic powers to cloak himself for a limited time.  However, before he could graduate completely, his home world was attacked by the ferocious Zerg.  With the Confederacy panicking, the local militia was left to deal with the threat.  Mike's town survived, but barely.  Mike's brother, Zeke, had been slain by the monsters during a fight between him and three Hydralisks.  Mike set off taking only his cloaking device, rifle, and equipment with him, and never looking back.

Better?

Primarch

Without some training in his background I don't see how he can pull off the feats he's performed.
And it would be great if he was a part of one of the factions, would make things a lot easier starting off.

Frank Reshman

Quote from: Primarch on May 18, 2012, 01:55:04 PM
Without some training in his background I don't see how he can pull off the feats he's performed.
And it would be great if he was a part of one of the factions, would make things a lot easier starting off.

I know, I was actually going to have him trained by the Confederacy at first, not quite sure why I took it out.  Also, I figured it would be cool to have sort of a free agent character.  I was planning on him running into someone from Raynor's Riders and having him recruited. 

Karasu