Am i the only feeling like making some organised X-men roleplay?

Started by Nachtmahr, December 07, 2009, 01:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

I guess the title says it all, anyone else interested? My idea was for it to replace the x-men sub-board, or atleast blow some life into the one thats already there.

Love Elyza.
<3
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Muninn

Ooooh... I do like the X-men! What sort of plot do you have in mind?

Although I am heading to America for the holidays in a few days and will be on a hiatus for a few weeks. :<

Wolfy

Tectum

My X man knowledge would probably need a touch up and I'n newish to forum rp but I'd be interested  :-)
Everything tends to have a reason, it is simply a matter of figuring the bloody thing out.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Vandren

Potentially interested.  Not really into canon characters or systems in this case, though.

And I'm a little confused:

Quote from: Elyza on December 07, 2009, 01:54:59 AMMy idea was for it to replace the x-men sub-board, or atleast blow some life into the one thats already there.

Which of the half dozen or so that are here do you mean?

Regardless, replace is probably the better idea so no former mod toes are stepped on.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Nachtmahr

Well well well, i'm glad you all liked the idea ^^ I was thinking that there was no need to make some bigger plot, just the school being pre X-men the movies 3, housing the mutants whom the rest of the world fears.

Characters should be made on character sheets i think, would it all alot easier.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Might help to make a thread for them If you have not. And a place. So you can moderate and thus add what you wish as you go.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

RubySlippers

It might be fun to be a low level mutant with some not so obvious power, after all not all are like Wolverine or Storm?

I was thinking of Gatgeteer Girl my character would not be a genius or anything just has a natural gift aka mutant power to understand machines and parts and putting them together to do what I want. And not having a fortune like Tony Stark have to get by with what she can get her hands on.  I figure she would be like Kaylee from Firefly just have more fun. Or maybe I'll base her of a hero of old from the Marvel-verse just updated from one from the golden or silver ages. In any case the power will be what I stated.

Toss in martial arts and some physical training and she will smash evil, or try really hard. Well how many mighty heroes are techno based there is Iron Man, Man Machine and others so why not her. I figure she would be a Class I Mutant alterened DNA just be so normal most would ignore her.

Isengrad

She sounds a little like forge when you get right town to it. Intuitive engineering is what I think it was called. His sub conscious mind worked everyhting out he just had to put it together. I would love to join in on this with a Mutant of my own, Im thinking of a character kinda like Angel, either with light based powers or some matter manipulation powers. like shape, wight. Of course organics are real difficult to change and healing anybody would cause a stigmata effect.

original artwork by karabiner

RubySlippers

Actually different she will have an enhanced creativity when working with components and parts, but unlike Forge has no mystical awareness or special gifts for intuition.

For example she could go into a junkyard or see a pile of spare parts and whip out some gadget or device, but give her blueprints or expect her to create a device using well actual planning forget it. Basically she only can work in technology levels commonly available if the parts match a technology.

So expect devices like a radio controlled oil bomb to trip up running villians or a backpack rocket barrage system, unlike Forge who can work with tech at a level far over hers. He could see an alien device and figure out she would look at it not having a clue.

Isengrad

So, she's MacGuyver with boobs. That's awsome no matter how you say it.

original artwork by karabiner

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

NosCorventius

i'd be up for this as well. Thinking something more morlock based though. Scary appearance, heart of gold. Maybe even a chance of switching sides based on peoples reactions and his expierences. What do you think?

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Thats an idea that would be cool. I would be interested in seeing this char.

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Hart

Not too late to put my hand up and say; "I call dibs on Iceman! Or maybe Quicksilver... might have to shift his allegiances a little though..."

Now if only I could myself a Shadowcat...  ;D

Nachtmahr

Well, i love all your ideas, but the first thing we really have to set up would probably be;

Who shall we contact to get a sub-board going? This is by far a too big play to make it work in one single topic, you would have to read ten posts everytime you were about to post yourself to make sure you didnt miss something out. I was, to be honest, actually thinking about making my very own Proboard Forum based on this idea, however i will need people to help me out a bit :)

But i want to go far with this, to make it somethign really big, not just a tiny thing right here, but maybe we could make the mod's and admin's here throw a link somewhere? Like, our forum would support Elli and vice versa.

I have a dream! That one day, little mutant kids, and little normal kids, will play together!

Vandren

Unless you're looking to go elsewhere (offsite; which might violate some E. rules re: advertising offsite games), the best thing to do is to follow E. procedure: start up multiple threads in a Small Groups section using the group name in brackets to start thread titles, then build up to 1000 IC posts for a sub-board.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Nachtmahr

Well i was just thinking it would be easier, and draw in more players than this alone. I'm not advertising right now, merely asking if anybody (You guys) would be interested ins tarting this Froum with me, if yes, then iw ill try and talk to the Elli admins and mods and tell them that it is merely ment as a sub board for this site, but i dont liek the design for sub boards here as it leaves no room for internal communication.

RubySlippers

Sure. I'm in just bouncing around the kind of character I would love to play.

NosCorventius

Hey Elyza,
Okay I understand you want to build a mutant saga here but don't you think its better to start out small and build one story at a time? also since we are thinking big are you planing on dealing with just the xavior institute and its day to day functions or are you planning missions, adding in foes or a alternate school like in the evolution cartoon? Will we be adding cannon characters, groups and locations, like the Morlocks, the savage lands, Shield, The sentinels,The  the brotherhood of mutants, the hellfire club, Alternate time lines and Time-jumpers, the Shi'ar, Brood, Mr. Sinister, Candyman, and Apocalypse. Alternately will we build all new characters, villains and heroes, using the rules, categories, and world view of X-men? If so will their be teams, elected leaders, the opportunity to change sides, etc. or will you as the GM be controlling all the major foes as well as the schools administration? also will we be playing this before or after House of M in the time-line? Just a few questions from an old fan.

-Nos

Nachtmahr

Aww, my heart is melting, i love old fans ^^

Well my idea was for the plot to be, if we should ever find enough players, based on two schools, but not necesarily basing it on the familiar faces, but creating a completely different X-men universe. If people are up for the idea i was thinking that you would have two schools led by teachers created by us, and the schools would be trying to stay unnoticed by the humans, but at teh same time they are great rival's. They both wish to train this next generation of heroes to change the world's view on mutants.

Then ofcourse, you would have one of the schools focused on mutant-human relationships, that humans should accept and understand mutants, and the other, being more like "We are stronger, we should be in charge!".

Well ofcourse this was only one of my own ideas, i just believe it will be hard to manage player-player contact and the like's here, it would be easier on a forum based on the idea.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Elyza, If you need help on any of this, including someone playing bosses or light Npc students aswell as My own student, I am here.

Also If you have rival schools I could headmaster the other if you want and surely present opportunities for our schools to head up. Including light battles, perhaps School Competitions and see whom can take down the bad guys first. Offering team ups at times aswell

I like the X-men universe and know most of the older things. Though after the Onslaught arch I am fuzzy. For money and time =no comics. Though I can read and look things up.

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Silvester

I am interested! I will probably be fine with whatever ends up being decided on, although I agree that smaller powers would be a good idea. Pure-win powers just don't make for interesting play. Also, I would prefer to stay away from canonical characters simply because I don't remember them all.

I recently started watching the animated X-men 1992 cartoons (nostalgia, what can I say), so I was thrilled when I saw this thread!

RubySlippers

I'm always fond of lower powered heroes I mean come on in the TV series the Fantastic Four did BEAT Galactus (not the X-Men) but the Mockingbird and Cloak & Dagger are more my speed at the higher end.

I like my character idea a not a Forge but still has a knack for coming up with devices and such maybe an increased connection to the right and left parts of the brain that is not IQ. But raw combining of logic and creative force with a uncanny knack for tech with it. I was thinking of calling it Dynamic Brain (tech). Well others might have the same for art or music there are great geniuses after all they have to get the gift somewhere why not sme sort of low key mutant power?
;)