Shadowrun 5: Cults and Conspiracies

Started by PixelatedPixie, September 05, 2018, 04:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

I do not have a good track record GMing games, and a major issue I have is handling player attrition and extreme slow downs.  I do understand that both happen and don’t hold it against players (I am certainly not innocent), but do want to put that out in advance.  Also, as a GM I also do sometimes create situations that I don’t have a specific solution in mind to, and therefore don’t have hints for the solution.  I generally try to be open to creative solutions from the players but I do think it can occasionally lead to frustration.

This will be a Shadowrun 5E game, though rule modifications may happen to help things flow.  Initiative for example is always a difficult one.  I will probably still use it, but not enforce a posting order and just try to sort it out with each update.

The setting will be Shadowrun, but the plot will focus on cults with inspiration drawn from the Cthulhu mythos (and bits and pieces from ChulhuTech).  So while I think most things I have in mind fit the setting or can be modified to fit the setting, I don’t promise to stick to canon at all times. 

Characters

I will be using standard character creation rules.  I will probably give some karma and nuyen post creation, but don’t want to state how much as I would prefer characters are created as they would be for a starting character.

I am currently leaning towards 2-4 characters, maybe going up to 5 as an absolute maximum.  That said I am not necessarily looking for people to come in with a firm concept already in mind.  While I do want some idea of what you are interested in playing, I would prefer it is flexible enough that it can be changed to fit the group.

I want the characters to have some sort of pre-existing relationship.  Whether it is family, business, rivalry, or something else.  Obviously this will have to be brought in post recruitment. 

Due to the nature of the plot I have in mind I am hoping to have one (or more) character with some level of fame, who may or may not have done any work as a runner prior to this.  Why they are now we can discuss, but it could be anything from a desire for a bit of fun, to debt, to blackmail. 

I am looking for a mix of character types, but will be accepting multiple magic users (Magicians, Shamans, and Adepts) with some small preference given in that direction.

Smut

The game will include smut to some degree, and will be rated non-consensual exotic.  I have mixed feelings on how and when to include smut, so will be going with the following.  In general, smut will go in a second thread unless it is somehow directly part of an ongoing scene.  If the second thread gets out of sync time-wise with the main thread(s), it will either be continued but with a loose summary of what is expected to happen (so the smut will still be posted, but the player/character will also be in the non-smut thread continuing the plot), or it will be faded to black again with a loose summary of what happened.  The choice will generally be the player’s. 

The smut will generally occur when:

The player chooses: 
-Through some action, such as trading sex for information.
or
-They simply want to ‘lose.’*  I don’t want a constant parade of this, but there are some points where (for narrative or other reasons) it could be fun to have a character be defeated even if the dice aren’t going that way. 

The character is defeated:
This will generally lead to non-con sex, temporary enslavement, or something else instead of death.  I won’t usually be including character death. 
I don’t intend for every (or even most) encounters to end in defeat, but I will be stacking the odds against the characters and (at least sometimes) putting them in situations where combat might be a very stupid idea. 

The plot calls for it:
This would usually fall under ‘the player chooses,’ but I wanted to add it separately as I will likely include situations where the easy or obvious solution involves smut.  Though even in that case I am open to alternative and creative solutions.

I should mention that while I am open to any type of character, my own on/offs lean heavily towards villainous men and monsters opposite female player characters.  I am not particularly interested in writing M/M content, and only rarely might write a dominant/villainous woman over a defeated male PC.  This isn’t really fair to male characters, but it is my preferences.  That said I am open to a player temporarily taking over an NPC for such content if the two players want to work that out.

*I am thinking of borrowing an idea from Star Wars Fantasy Flight.  Specifically I was thinking of giving each player two tokens.  The first can be used to add one element to a scene (want a fuel tanker so you can end things with a fiery explosion?  Done!), the second can be used to auto-lose (or the equivalent if not in combat) into a smutty scene.  Using either would net 2 Karma, but the good token would not be renewed until the bad token was used, and vice versa (or potentially after a chapter/scene end).  This is just a thought, and I am looking for input on the concept.

Plot

Summary

The group has been hired by a wealthy Seattle individual not only to carry out an immediate job, but to do multiple jobs.  The first job is to kill a local businessman and crime lord.  He is in a highly secured, secret, location somewhere in Seattle. 

The exact location is unknown.  The precise method of finding it will be left up to the runners.  A known and possible avenue does exist in the businessman’s habit of recruiting up and coming starlets with promises of wealth and fame.  It usually ends with the starlet being fucked by the businessman, and his tastes have been growing increasingly dark.

The exact defences are unknown.  However it is known that he has deals with several local gangs.  They deliver meat and muscle, he pays in cash and protection.  All reports indicate he has some sway with Knight Errant.

Rough Introduction

Mr. Johnson was a woman well into middle age.  She had aged gracefully and clearly took care of herself, but also had avoided the standard treatments for a woman of her wealth.  A web of wrinkles did little to detract from her regal beauty, and the simple but elegant dress she wore hinted at a body that men might still lust after. 

The meeting was to take place in a mansion on the edge of Seattle, a massive building that was at least a century old hidden inside of a massive plot of gardened land.  The security was in layers.  A security guard at the gate, drones in the gardens, and a heavily-implanted giant of a troll in a suit at the front door.

The meeting room was a massive, but primitive, dining room.  The table was a monstrosity of wood, the walls were covered in paintings, and a grandfather clock chimed out the hour.  Mr. Johnson sat in a heavy wooden chair that dwarfed her petite frame, her eyes focused on an envelope in front of her.

“I am looking to retain your services for a period of a year, maybe more.”  Mr. Johnson informed those gathered, her voice soft yet strong.  “I have some work I need done, not just here in Seattle but around the world.  It will be difficult, and dangerous.”  Her eyes lifted from the envelope to meet the eyes of those she was looking to hire one by one.  “But lucrative.  I will pay well, and there will be many opportunities to earn above and beyond.”

“Take my first job for you.”  Mr. Johnson flipped over the envelope to reveal a broken wax seal.  “A rival of mine created a company a few years back, a front for his activity, but with the backing of someone far more wealthy and powerful than himself.  They have been working to meld magic and technology in various distasteful ways.  My rival felt it would be, fitting, to test one such device on a person of importance to me.  I responded.  You may have heard about the explosion out in Auburn last week.”

Mr. Johnson lifted the envelope and pulled out the contents.  Inside was a headshot of a woman, attractive and vaguely familiar to all present, and a piece of paper with the words ‘2040-2075’ handwritten on it in red ink.

“I want him killed.”

Interest

If you are interested please answer the following:
What type of character would you like to play?  An archetype or single sentence is sufficient.
Do you have any thoughts on the character's personality and background?  Bearing in mind that I do want people flexible enough to fit in connections.
How much, and what types of, smut are you interested in?
Do you have any thoughts on the tokens as mentioned in the Smut section?
How familiar are you with Shadowrun?  How about 5E?
How often can you post?
Do you have any issues or concerns with a Cult-focused game, potentially that departs from standard Shadowrun lore?

Drowdeviant

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Muse

Pounce. This sounds awesome PAC. May I play?  I think your token idea is a great one. I enjoy your taste in smut and promise to provide a nubile virgin for tour entertainment. My favorite are usually some form of magician or mystic adept. Since you mentioned fame, though,  I could offer Tempo.
She's a dwarf rocker girl. She was in a girl band as a teen but the corp never gave her a chance to be more artistically. This provoked her to invest in razor girl implants in preparation for the day they would write her off completely.
I'm really
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

Plants Interest Flag With Vigor!

If you are interested please answer the following:
What type of character would you like to play?  An archetype or single sentence is sufficient.
Mystic Adept Astral Combat and Counter spell /banishment Focus. Might experiment doing it with Alchemy though. If I am Consider might need to pm you to  see if ties to an organization would be acceptable.
Do you have any thoughts on the character's personality and background?  Bearing in mind that I do want people flexible enough to fit in connections.
Hmm not yet,  it would depend on the other characters, Though I could easily see an adventurous/ Easy going Person that might be a bit of a smart ass as a possibility.
I could be comfortable with a 50/50 split. Hmm , Scenes that involve emotional intimacy that blooms into physical intimacy. Bondage Scenes/ Escapology(Successful or not). Bondage in clothing. Cuddling and making out in mutual bondage! Romantic stuff.
The Tokens were my favorite bit of the Fantasy Flight Star wars, So I am Cool With it.
For both fairly familiar
How often can you post?
Week days after 6 pm est at minimum once a day except Tuesday, have a  real time  game  using maptools and discord. Weekends usually more active due to ft  job not in the way.
Do you have any issues or concerns with a Cult-focused game, potentially that departs from standard Shadowrun lore? Nope I like both games so blending stuff from shadowrun and cthultech would be awesome.

Velatha

Interested, but very tired.  Will come back tomorrow to further look into this game.  I've never played Shadowrun, but am very interested in the idea.
O/Os

Roleplay request thread Status: Currently accepting

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest but come back later answer questions. But for short line what I am interested to play; A elf technomancer coming from long line of hackers (and his parents being otaku which pre-set technomancers).

As mentioned above; elf technomancer who's online tag is M0rph3us.

Since grandfather family have been hackers, his parents otaku's who ran infamous clan until great crash happened and mom wound up in coma as she was online when crash happened. But later on technomancer powers manifested and allowed commune with mother through a sprite which she created (her mind stuck in Matrix while body remains in coma).

I like lots of smut, but can do less. I am fine consensual, non-consensual, kinky and romantic. More specific kink/off list is in signature below.

They sound awesome to me albeit got little experience with them :)

Newbie, made one char (a technomancer :P).

How often can you post?
Daily usually. Often per day possibly.

Do you have any issues or concerns with a Cult-focused game, potentially that departs from standard Shadowrun lore?
No issues with me.

Kimmy

Ohh does this look like fun. I rather like the idea of the tokens.

What type of character would you like to play?  I'd love to try a Rigger/Pilot. Someone who tinkers with a few tricks up their drone's sleeves. Maybe a bike that transforms into a mech suit... (Yes I can realy make that) I've played a Face & Sniper before so I'm good with those skills but I'd also like to try some melee combat at some point. So far I've not actually had to even swing a punch!

Do you have any thoughts on the character's personality and background?  For a Rigger, a Monster Movie Buff who helps make anamatronic Drones for the Trideos. Everything fom Cybernetic Spiders, Rogue Killer Drones to Mutant Nature Spirits & Mega Mechs from outer Space! All the terribly wonderful B-Trids you can get your mechanical nightmares into. A pop culture geek who loves to tinker, has connections across the film industry. Which can be anything from Digital Editing staff to doctor footage, an emergency rigger camera guy to get the right shot or just a props & supplies fixer who can launder a lot inside a movie budget. And they know some get places to get recently wrecked stunt drones.

How much, and what types of, smut are you interested in? When I've got a flirty PC there is always Charm, Powerplay & perhaps a little Bondage. When we go beyond a flirtation, those three can expand without limits... I'd love to write a story that mixes in elements of body modification or maybe some mentally recraftive hypnosis...  I enjoy single lovers & multiple partners - but I'm not the most experienced with large orgy scenes. Themes like slavery, ownership & even bimbification are also quite welcome. I enjoy different races, physiques - even alien & animal lovers are fine. I don't have much in the way of limits - I don't do toilet play & similar 'icky' scenes. And I've never done incest nor taboo before. Anything else is pretty open. Just give the smut a reason or it quickly loses it's edge. I definitely fall for dangerous women over any other persona, but I do like my Mr Bonds - smooth & charming too. But a Lady trumps a Lad any day.

Do you have any thoughts on the tokens as mentioned in the Smut section? It's simple & a delightful way to add some fun, some flair & some good ole smut to a bad situation... Or just some drama when you force a situation to go bad anyway... My question is, what happens when two tokens get used together - can you handle the chaos to come from it?

How familiar are you with Shadowrun?  How about 5E? I've played 5e with Muse & I've listened to a few different podcasts of various sessions & setting explorations. There's a whole world I've started to fall into, which fits some of the earlier RPGs I love. But I've not tried a Runner with magic or the matrix rules yet, so I'll be a novice in those aspects.

How often can you post? Daily to semi daily, depending on the length of the post & how inspiring the other characters are within the scene. Usually I turn out 3 long, detailed posts in a week, with a few quick fire ones if the opportunity to post that fast arises. In solo threads I can post 2-5 times a day, if someones there to respond.

Do you have any issues or concerns with a Cult-focused game, potentially that departs from standard Shadowrun lore? No. I only know enough lore to probably not realise the difference if we veer off the normal path. And cults are fun in any game type. Their easy to like & easier to hate :P
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Velatha

Back from a good nights rest, so now it's time to start thinking about what could be fun.

What type of character would you like to play?  Looking at the general archetypes I was thinking about playing an elf street samurai.
Do you have any thoughts on the character's personality and background?   With two constantly busy parents unable to give her the attention she craved, she threw herself headlong into the study of martial arts since she was young forging her into a childhood champion.  Upon coming of age, she was offered a job helping to train the next generation, but she wants to find a practical way to use her skills out in the real world.   
How much, and what types of, smut are you interested in?  I am fine with a low to mid level of smut, but must admit that I am only interested in sex with other female characters.  I am fine with bondage, and minor S&M play, but will not go anywhere near toilet play.
Do you have any thoughts on the tokens as mentioned in the Smut section?  The tokens sound interesting.  Never played with anything like it, but it is intriguing enough to be willing to give it a try.
How familiar are you with Shadowrun?  How about 5E?  I've...  heard of Shadowrun from my RL group, and really like the concept but have never played before.
How often can you post?  I can post on average once every day to every third day.
Do you have any issues or concerns with a Cult-focused game, potentially that departs from standard Shadowrun lore?  I know nothing of Shadowrun lore so I have no problems at all if you depart from that.
O/Os

TheLaughingOne

What type of character would you like to play?
Remake of a char i put together when 5th first came out, his current sheet, listed here. Two fisted Street sam who went sidearms and melee, with some other skills (minor social/tech(but not cyber) skills to round out). Had background of his family (his contacts are his brothers, from human/ork family, father was human who went Policlub, mother was ork, 3 brothers, 2 eldest turned ork, he and youngest remained human. Things got nasty with dad, ending with him and mom gone, as well as Alex's arms, and his Ork Bruvs taking care of him, human sib going policlub and joining cops/security force) Now indebt up to his eyes to the Vory to pay off cyber limbs and such, brothers act as contacts as Street-Doc, and Fixer/ganger (undecided on which). Human brother as possible nemesis.

Do you have any thoughts on the character's personality and background? 
Personality Alex is laid back, little flippant, but also a partyier, loves the mess of a social situation as much as the occasional low level gunfight. Tends to use Gel rounds in his guns for non-lethal (or light maiming if they are persistent). Trouble keeping his mouth shut most the time, but decent enough guy. Background as listed above, modern times he runs to make ends meet in paying off the Vory and make a living, his "legitimate" work being gunsmithing, attaching mods, fixing issues, and so forth.

How much, and what types of, smut are you interested in? Open to many things.. And have to admit, the idea of him taking smack to Ork Chica only to get his ass beat and dragged off, only to find that shes packing.... "Non standard" equipment is one that makes me smile.. ;3

Do you have any thoughts on the tokens as mentioned in the Smut section? I like the idea! gives people some room to work with, and make things go wrong Their way;3

How familiar are you with Shadowrun?  How about 5E? Super familear with shadowrun. First RPG i bought and been into it for Decades. 5e im sort of familear with, but never had a chance to really play, but can pick it up pretty quickly i beleive. Most familear with 3rd edition, least favored is 4th edition.

How often can you post? I can post pretty much everyday, though might have a few stumble days as my brain isnt geared up to speed, but fairly regularly i should say.

Do you have any issues or concerns with a Cult-focused game, potentially that departs from standard Shadowrun lore? I am Completely down! Best part of RPG settings is even in established its there for the GM to change things as they want and need! I actually played in one game where Renraku shut down was a full on lovecraftian/Horror (earthdawn reference!) incursion!

So yeah, i got a character in mind, but totally down to rewrite him to fit, though i gotta ask which is the "Standard" char gen for 5th? Life module, priority (my fave) Karma, or so forth...? And if so, at what level of stuff for them?

Addition:
I should mention... The original version of him i made had him riding around on a Dodge Scooter, which he adored and took better care of then his meat bod. That feature might return.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Drowdeviant

Ok question: Anyone here who's playing a more submissive character and might need a mistress for them? If so my gal's available. ;)
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Conundrum

I am currently thinking like a very aggressive cybered up samurai or a shaman.  If we are allowed black hat characters I have always wanted to be a nuclear phys ad. 

Will depend a lot on how it is set up since I would need to make sure they fit the style of game being run.

I am fine with just about anything.

Sounds like it could be neat.

Very.

How often can you post?

Almost daily.

Nope, sounds fun, Shadowrun lore is very open to run how you want I feel.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Conundrum on September 06, 2018, 03:22:46 PM

I am currently thinking like a very aggressive cybered up samurai or a shaman.  If we are allowed black hat characters I have always wanted to be a nuclear phys ad. 

Will depend a lot on how it is set up since I would need to make sure they fit the style of game being run.

I am fine with just about anything.

Sounds like it could be neat.

Very.

How often can you post?

Almost daily.

Nope, sounds fun, Shadowrun lore is very open to run how you want I feel.

Just a Toxin boy? Why not double down and go toxin and blood?  :3

Conundrum

Quote from: Drowdeviant on September 06, 2018, 04:03:53 PM
Just a Toxin boy? Why not double down and go toxin and blood?  :3

I want to punch people with nuclear fire.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Conundrum on September 06, 2018, 04:11:20 PM
I want to punch people with nuclear fire.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlueIllustriousHylaeosaurus-small.gif <Rendered into a link; child in the image. -Staff>

:3

PixelatedPixie

Thank you for your interest everyone!  I don't have a ton of time to post right now so am only doing cursory responses to direct questions.  As a note I am not doing first come first served, so making too inter-connected character concepts at this point might not work out, I will probably cut off applications sometime the middle or end of next week. 

I will try to respond in more depth later, apologies if I missed any questions!  Let me know if I did!

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on September 06, 2018, 11:40:08 AM
So yeah, i got a character in mind, but totally down to rewrite him to fit, though i gotta ask which is the "Standard" char gen for 5th? Life module, priority (my fave) Karma, or so forth...? And if so, at what level of stuff for them?

My intent was just the Priority system in the core rulebook and not any of the ones from Run Faster.  I might allow Sum to 10, but probably not Point Buy or Life Modules. 

Quote from: Conundrum on September 06, 2018, 03:22:46 PM

I lean no on a toxic adept.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on September 06, 2018, 08:27:37 PM
Thank you for your interest everyone!  I don't have a ton of time to post right now so am only doing cursory responses to direct questions.  As a note I am not doing first come first served, so making too inter-connected character concepts at this point might not work out, I will probably cut off applications sometime the middle or end of next week. 

I will try to respond in more depth later, apologies if I missed any questions!  Let me know if I did!

My intent was just the Priority system in the core rulebook and not any of the ones from Run Faster.  I might allow Sum to 10, but probably not Point Buy or Life Modules. 

Sum to 10 is kind of preferable to me. Lets you have more flexibility with character creation. xD

Also: Are we creating characters for normal level play, street level or prime runner?

TheLaughingOne

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on September 06, 2018, 08:27:37 PM

My fave style of char gen;3
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Conundrum

With toxic axed I will likely go for either a wolf shaman or street samurai.

Velatha

May well have to start playing around with thinking about character creation whether I end up making it into the game or not.  I think it could definitely be fun playing around and trying to discover a bit more about the system by simply following instructions to make a newbie runner.
O/Os

Conundrum

The wolf shaman I am looking at mechanically is the one from FA that targets the weak by the way and would like to use the optional shaman mask rules from that book as well.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Conundrum on September 07, 2018, 12:42:14 PM
The wolf shaman I am looking at mechanically is the one from FA that targets the weak by the way and would like to use the optional shaman mask rules from that book as well.

I might be doing the same with a raven or similar mischievous spirit mentor. xD

Kimmy

Shadowrun requires such stealth & quietness into your runner's lifestyle. But I was really happy when I worked out the new rigger book lets you put together vehicles that can change shape & ID tags. You can pull some real anime transitions as your bike or car sprouts arms & legs, or helicopter blades & a sniper rifle. It's just crazy wondering if it's going to work or just end up with the world's biggest target on my number plate...

But I'm just dying to try out the extravagant chummer run style :P
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Velatha

Still planning on making that martial artist, but I may be at least be partially considered a face at some level.
O/Os

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: Drowdeviant on September 06, 2018, 08:32:24 PM
Also: Are we creating characters for normal level play, street level or prime runner?

It will be normal level when things get to character creation.

Quote from: Conundrum on September 07, 2018, 12:42:14 PM

Could you give me a page number on the optional rules?

Quote from: Kimmy on September 07, 2018, 07:47:11 PM
Shadowrun requires such stealth & quietness into your runner's lifestyle. But I was really happy when I worked out the new rigger book lets you put together vehicles that can change shape & ID tags. You can pull some real anime transitions as your bike or car sprouts arms & legs, or helicopter blades & a sniper rifle. It's just crazy wondering if it's going to work or just end up with the world's biggest target on my number plate...

But I'm just dying to try out the extravagant chummer run style :P

Can you point me towards the change shape rules?  I probably have the book (Rigger 5.0?) but haven't read through all the splatbooks in any detail.

Kimmy

There isn't any rigger rules for buying a transforming vehicle with multiple shapes exactly. But there are add-ons for a car or bike or whatever that can sprout helicopter blades, robotic arms & robotic legs. These can be always present or more discreet & transform out. So essentially you buy a bike or car with a high body & add on a Secondary Propulsion System (page 156-157 of Rigger 5) - Rotor/Helicopter blades, Hovercraft or Walker for a Robotic Humanoid Legs. Then a Mechanical Arm - page 165. With legs & 2 arms, plus a few 'cosmetic' parts that come under the Yerzed Out Style Mod pg 171, you can make a bike that transforms. Add some passenger Protection System (aka passenger armor), a rigger interface or cocoon & a life support system & you have a vehicle that can transform whilst keeping it's passengers inside a fully sealed armored system. Suddenly you have a Not-a-Gundam Mark 0.1 Beta Mecha bot ready to get flagged by every camera & news trideo cam in the city...

Also there us Realistic Features, page 165. This allows a vehicle (there is the same for drones printed elsewhere) to look like the thing they are copying. It has rating 1 to 4. So animalistic drones can actually become 4 legged tigers & dobermans at rating 3 or 4 - they might even bleed & have facial muscles & wet tongues to pant with, realistic fur etc. or you might buy a cheaper rating & have dog like drones with wheels at the end of their legs or that sprout wheels like skating shoes. Or you might have a really low rating 1 & have a doberman that has a doggish body with a cosmetic dog head, but the bottom half is just a tracked drone tank & completely mechanical. But in theory this could be used to turn a bike or drone into a mecha android robot person (or look like some heavy milspec armored person) - or just turn a car into real fully realistic helicopter instead of an inspector gadget car that sprouts helicopter blades & mini rockets for steering. A rating 2 or 3 doberman drone might look like a cybered up attack dog instead of a drone as well - which would actually cost a lot more I think & suggest someone has nuyen to burn (which means oh sooo many bad kinds of news for the chummer on the other end obviously)..

Realistic features is verrryyyy expensive at the higher ratings however, so not to be taken lightly. But the lower ratings are cheap enough for some quick cosmetic fun if you have a certain style or theme you like... Which is always wonderful when you're keeping a low profile... I had an idea about a rigger who kept Realistic Drone Pets with AI personas - but you need to put an A or B into Nuyen just to be able to afford a notion like that! Which is frustrating because buying real mystical animals is only a few thousand nuyen apparently. They are cheaper than drones & guns...

Oh and don't forget to buy popup gun turrets. That way you're darling piece of tech can drive down the street without needing a ton of restricted permits or even carry the kind of tech you can't get permits for...