The Curse of Millersborough (Questions and OOC chat)

Started by Remiel, January 02, 2018, 10:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Blythe

*sees what Rummy's role was*

AHHHH I KNEW IT I GUESSED RIGHT EARLY <3 <3 <3

Rummy Tum Tum

Mintprincess

I was so confused about you Blythe! I thought maybe you were turned.  But also maybe you were the MS with how crazy you started acting. 

yugi006

The fact that me and Night failed to turn somone night 1 made it hard for us. What made it even harder was the fact that all the citizens were being eliminated with all the special roles in play so we couldn't just claim the citizen role.

Ket

I was convinced Trieste was a vampire! Close enough, I guess. #TeamPlanetPluto

And OMG you guys, every time someone said "The constable can protect the mayor," I was screaming at my laptop "NO I FRIKKEN CAN'T!"
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Lynnie

>.> I just followed along, I did like my last line!

NightOwl35

Quote from: Remiel on January 25, 2018, 03:19:19 PM

Day Three
- NightOwl correctly deduces everybody's roles.   Shi makes cursory contact with Trieste, the Minion, but neglects to inform Trieste of the identity of the other vampire.

Figured I'd add to something here. I also made contact with Rummy. I called both of them out on their role with a plan on how to win but as soon as MP and Blythe put votes on my head it was all over. I didn't give either of them information as I wasn't 100% sold that they were what I thought they were.

I will say though, and I'm not sure if this was on purpose but, Trieste had a unique way of me figuring out she was the Minion. It was this post here:

Quote from: Trieste on January 13, 2018, 01:31:25 AM
I mean, I spent all night in the library reading Bram Stoker for clues and other than a dreamy accent, I'm not sure how we'd even recognize anyone.

Ah well...almost...Just needed Blythe and MP to NOT realize what was going on and stake Ket instead of me and we could have had it!

Mintprincess

YOU weren’t the only one to catch that though.   I thought it was strange but imogen called Trieste out early in a PM to me.   And while I did contact her i did operate under the assumption she was likely not good. 

Her support of Ket did make Ket look a little shady at first. 

yugi006

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 25, 2018, 06:16:07 PM
YOU weren’t the only one to catch that though.   I thought it was strange but imogen called Trieste out early in a PM to me.   And while I did contact her i did operate under the assumption she was likely not good. 

Yet she still counted as a villager which only helped you guys.

Blythe

I feel so fortunate that I scryed MP that first night, to be honest.  I think that was arguably the best move I did in the whole game, because it let me trust her and allowed her to pull through with an excellent strategy against NightOwl.

Though next time I'm going to try a far more relaxed strategy. My biggest mistake in this game was going too big too fast; I could have afforded to wait a round or two before revealing myself to anyone I didn't scry.

yugi006

That could have backfired if we turned MP instead of going after Imogen the first night.

Blythe

yugi006

Even if that happened you would eventually figure it out when she didn't use her powers.

Madame Professor

Well, and I was a little wary at first, too.

Typically in these games, I’m super paranoid about what anyone says to me privately. After careful consideration, I decided that I would take him at his word. I did not, however, reveal my role to him. I thought that, if he turns out to be lying to me, I’ll just kill him. But as we talked and bounced ideas, it became clear to me I could trust him. Which turned out to be good.

Also, I’m sorry Imogen. :(
Between vacation and sickness, I was convinced you or Lynnie was #teambadguy and one was manipulating the other...  :-[
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Lynnie

It's alright. Imogen and I were chatting via pms and we were both sure we were each safe but didn't think about messaging anyone else XD

Imogen

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 26, 2018, 08:26:41 AM

Also, I’m sorry Imogen. :(
Between vacation and sickness, I was convinced you or Lynnie was #teambadguy and one was manipulating the other...  :-[

Never a problem, MP! This game would get old fast if we were right all the time! And you guys got the wolves/vampires! ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Madame Professor

So true.

It was a bit demoralizing to watch so my citizens fall so quickly in the beginning.

I do think Yugi brings up a good point: the role reveal I feel did lean in the Village’s favor. Having people confirmed specific roles I feel gives the baddies a disadvantage. I think revealing the player’s team rather than their role would balance things more fairly.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Madame Professor

Quote from: Ket on January 25, 2018, 05:45:11 PM
And OMG you guys, every time someone said "The constable can protect the mayor," I was screaming at my laptop "NO I FRIKKEN CAN'T!"

Also, I didn’t realize this until like Day 3-4, I was thinking it was similar to the Bodyguard which CAN. And so I was like, oooooo, she HAS to be the Constable!

Remiel

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 26, 2018, 10:33:19 AM
I do think Yugi brings up a good point: the role reveal I feel did lean in the Village’s favor. Having people confirmed specific roles I feel gives the baddies a disadvantage. I think revealing the player’s team rather than their role would balance things more fairly.

Hrmmm.  You might be on to something here.  It's true that what primarily led to NightOwl's, and hence Yugi's, downfall is that the Village ran out of Citizens/Commoners.  I'll have to think about this...

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on January 26, 2018, 10:41:29 AM
Hrmmm.  You might be on to something here.  It's true that what primarily led to NightOwl's, and hence Yugi's, downfall is that the Village ran out of Citizens/Commoners.  I'll have to think about this...
look back at how Guy ran the game summer of 16.  That’s how he did it.

Remiel

Well, usually the Villagers are the ones groping about in the dark, while the Werewoofs / Bad Guys know everything and are just trying not to get caught.  Thus, I usually like giving the Villagers information in terms of who has been eliminated so they can use deduction to help them.

Introducing the Minion and the Mad Scientist/Necromancer, however (which, in my opinion, made the game better and more interesting, even if our particular Minion and Mad Scientist were not so successful!) puts the Werewoofs / Bad Guys a little bit in the dark as well, so maybe hiding the role reveals isn't such a bad thing in terms of balance.

Thoughts?

Madame Professor

I understand the thought process, since the village starts with no info. I think having a GM confirmed role takes the deception out of the deception game. It’s part of the village’s job to seek out that info and the baddies to convince the village they are on their side.

Just my thoughts.

It was still fun and really chaotic! <3

yugi006

Part of it is we just got really unluckly and took out most of the citizens but since the roles are revealed upon death once most of the citizens were killed it is nearly impossible to come back and win. Also the fact that we failed to turn someone contributed to that too but I think not revealing the roles are better with such a small group. If it was a large group obviously there would be more citizen roles making it okay to reveal the roles.

Trieste

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 25, 2018, 03:32:48 PM
Trieste gave me a heart attack when she switched her vote.  I was like. WTF?!?!?  Lol!!

It's a baddie strategy to try to maneuver into a position of leadership in the village. :) Can work well if you're lucky and good at it.

Quote from: NightOwl35 on January 25, 2018, 06:10:28 PM
I will say though, and I'm not sure if this was on purpose but, Trieste had a unique way of me figuring out she was the Minion. It was this post here:

I really had no earthly idea how else to reach out. It was on purpose.