Into The Woods: Fairy Tales Gone Wrong (OPEN)

Started by Wicked Emi, December 31, 2017, 03:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroneko

The Cheshire Cat, at last :-)

Name: The Cheshire Cat
Nickname: Chess, Chessur, Croft
Age: Who can tell? Appears to be roughly 28 - 30 in his human form
Sexuality: Heterosexual, challenging and dangerous
Faceclaim: Orlando Bloom
Played By: Kuroneko

~*~

Height: 6’ in human form; mountain lion size in feline form.
Weight: 165 pounds in human form; 180 in cat form.
Notable body features: Chess’ feline stripes take the form of black, tribal style tattoos all over his body. His left ear is pierced and whether in cat or human form, Chess has the ability to pull his lips back into a huge grin, revealing sharp, feline teeth. His eyes in cat form are yellow, which can linger in his human form.

~*~

Personality: Intense and often confusingly mercurial, Chess’ demeanor can be dark at one moment and light the next. He can be intriguing and infuriating in the same moment. Well-read and somehow full of an endless supply of trivia and information, he has the tendency to spout seemingly random and mysterious quotes or advice in any situation with the casual absurdity of an ancient and venerable Zen master. At other times, he can appear indifferent, insouciant and even lazy.

+ Cunning -  Chess is a devious and calculating creature.
+ Loyal - Chess is devoted to Snow White, and respects the other cat in her life, Puss. Together, they are a lethal team.
+ Sneaky – Who better to sneak into any place Snow might want than a man that be invisible? Chess loves the challenge. 

+/- Immoral – Good and bad are just two different points of view. Chess lives in the grey area in between such extremes, doing what he will, when he wants and as he sees fit.
+/- Unpredictable – Chess’ moods can change on a dime. It makes him dangerous and hard to determine whether he’s an ally or an enemy to most.
+/- Mysterious – Chess is full of contradictions. Sometimes he comes off as an arrogant punk, and in the next moment, he appears to be ancient and wise. He doesn’t speak about himself and his origins are unknown, maybe even to himself.

- Insane – Chess may or may not be truly, certifiably insane.
- Vicious – Chess enjoys the darker aspects of his job.
- Bloodthirsty – The cat part of Chess never forgets that he’s a carnivore.

~*~

Biography: We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.

It seems as if I’ve always been here. Backwards. Forwards. Coming. Going. Doing what I do best. How long has it been? I can’t quite remember. When you can translocate – travel from one place to the next in the blink of an eye – and make yourself invisible to the eye … or maybe, I dissolve, who knows? Well, it can turn your mind a little topsy turvy. I’ve been back and forth across the woods and more; who knows what wonder lands my travels take me. Only a few find the way after all and some don’t recognize it when they do. Others don’t want to. The smart man sees the path. The wise man knows there isn’t one and wanders where the wind takes him.

The world has never understood magical creatures, least of all those of us with certain … predilections. But Snow does. She sees my potential and comprehends my nature. Different denotes neither bad nor good; but it certainly means not the same. She doesn’t seek to control my moods or pester me with useless questions about her lot in life, or how to navigate the woods, like some. I can’t know everything. Not all the time. And, every adventure requires a first step. Take the leap. I met her before she was anything. Young and naïve. That didn’t last for long. I watched her change under the care of her stepmother. Bit of an improvement, if you ask me. I suppose that ‘learning by doing,’ ‘getting a street education’ and other such clichés have merit as far as that goes. When the remarkable turns bizarre, reason becomes irrelevant. I joined her little club and watched it grow. But her game can turn nasty; don’t ever play it alone.  Only the insane equate pain with success. For me, it’s good clean fun.

Additional Images
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

bubby

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 07, 2018, 06:10:27 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

~*~

Notable body features: Chess’ feline stripes take the form of black, tribal style tattoos all over his body. His left ear is pierced and whether in cat or human form, Chess has the ability to pull his lips back into a huge grin, revealing sharp, feline teeth. His eyes in cat form are yellow, which can linger in his human form.

~*~

Personality: Intense and often confusingly mercurial, Chess’ demeanor can be dark at one moment and light the next. He can be intriguing and infuriating in the same moment. Well-read and somehow full of an endless supply of trivia and information, he has the tendency to spout seemingly random and mysterious quotes or advice in any situation with the casual absurdity of an ancient and venerable Zen master. At other times, he can appear indifferent, insouciant and even lazy.

+ Loyal - Chess is devoted to Snow White, and respects the other cat in her life, Puss. Together, they are a lethal team.
+ Sneaky – Who better to sneak into any place Snow might want than a man that be invisible? Chess loves the challenge. 

+/- Immoral – Good and bad are just two different points of view. Chess lives in the grey area in between such extremes, doing what he will, when he wants and as he sees fit.
+/- Unpredictable – Chess’ moods can change on a dime. It makes him dangerous and hard to determine whether he’s an ally or an enemy to most.
+/- Mysterious – Chess is full of contradictions. Sometimes he comes off as an arrogant punk, and in the next moment, he appears to be ancient and wise. He doesn’t speak about himself and his origins are unknown, maybe even to himself.

~*~

It seems as if I’ve always been here. Backwards. Forwards. Coming. Going. Doing what I do best. How long has it been? I can’t quite remember. When you can translocate – travel from one place to the next in the blink of an eye – and make yourself invisible to the eye … or maybe, I dissolve, who knows? Well, it can turn your mind a little topsy turvy. I’ve been back and forth across the woods and more; who knows what wonder lands my travels take me. Only a few find the way after all and some don’t recognize it when they do. Others don’t want to. The smart man sees the path. The wise man knows there isn’t one and wanders where the wind takes him.

The world has never understood magical creatures, least of all those of us with certain … predilections. But Snow does. She sees my potential and comprehends my nature. Different denotes neither bad nor good; but it certainly means not the same. She doesn’t seek to control my moods or pester me with useless questions about her lot in life, or how to navigate the woods, like some. I can’t know everything. Not all the time. And, every adventure requires a first step. Take the leap. I met her before she was anything. Young and naïve. That didn’t last for long. I watched her change under the care of her stepmother. Bit of an improvement, if you ask me. I suppose that ‘learning by doing,’ ‘getting a street education’ and other such clichés have merit as far as that goes. When the remarkable turns bizarre, reason becomes irrelevant. I joined her little club and watched it grow. But her game can turn nasty; don’t ever play it alone.  Only the insane equate pain with success. For me, it’s good clean fun.

Additional Images
AAGHH OMG I LLLOOVVEE HHHIIMMMM

Kuroneko

Hazy Sky

Is the Mad Hatter still available, he asks curiously?
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Nymphadora

Quote from: skyre on January 08, 2018, 08:27:35 AM

*POUNCES on skyre*

Emi will confirm but I think he just might be.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Hazy Sky

*Is pounced upon by the lovely Nymph.*

I shall wait and see what is said then. I do have a soft spot for that character though. I've done some good work with him in the past.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Norsegod1839

From the last talk Emi and I had the Mad Hatter is indeed available Skyre

Imogen

My character sheet for Belle is almost done. Just need a face claim now.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Wicked Emi

Quote from: skyre on January 08, 2018, 08:27:35 AM
Yes, mad hatter is open. Shall I RSVP him for you?

Quote from: Imogen on January 08, 2018, 11:07:20 AM
My character sheet for Belle is almost done. Just need a face claim now.
Awesome! Just remember, I'm perfectly fine if you do not want to go brunette, that is fine

Hazy Sky

Yes please. I'll look into a character sheet and such tomorrow.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Hazy Sky

So I'm looking for a different angle for the Hatter and I'm wondering if something like this might work for everyone?

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

BlueEyedBard

Hi there, I was noticing that Peter Pan was still available, and that his actual role is still up in the air.

I wanted to run by, the idea of Pan being the leader of a gang of young orphans and hoodlums called the Lost Boys. Nowhere near as big and powerful as the "King Pin" and her gang. But because they are small, and don't have a set base, they still manage to be a thorn that is hard to pluck? They could even pay a monthly fee to keep her people off their back?

It's just a rough thought, and of course there wouldn't be any actual characters in the game who are under the age limits. But I find the implication of a ruthless gang of orphans to be cool.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: skyre on January 08, 2018, 05:22:06 PM
So I'm looking for a different angle for the Hatter and I'm wondering if something like this might work for everyone?

Ooooo... me likely. Very cool twist.

Wicked Emi

Quote from: skyre on January 08, 2018, 05:22:06 PM
I personally do not mind it. However, you are partnered with Alice and that sheet is done. I would highly suggest you talk to her. Even if you guys are not in a romantic relationship, you two will be spending a fair amount of time with each other.

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 08, 2018, 05:49:54 PM
Hi there, I was noticing that Peter Pan was still available, and that his actual role is still up in the air.

I wanted to run by, the idea of Pan being the leader of a gang of young orphans and hoodlums called the Lost Boys. Nowhere near as big and powerful as the "King Pin" and her gang. But because they are small, and don't have a set base, they still manage to be a thorn that is hard to pluck? They could even pay a monthly fee to keep her people off their back?

It's just a rough thought, and of course there wouldn't be any actual characters in the game who are under the age limits. But I find the implication of a ruthless gang of orphans to be cool.
I'm perfectly fine with that! So it would be basically a gang. Gang's work with king pins all the time to work in their area. I love the idea, as it would really ad some drama to the game! The big thing is, where will you get lost boys?

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Wicked Emi on January 08, 2018, 07:32:08 PM
I personally do not mind it. However, you are partnered with Alice and that sheet is done. I would highly suggest you talk to her. Even if you guys are not in a romantic relationship, you two will be spending a fair amount of time with each other.
I'm perfectly fine with that! So it would be basically a gang. Gang's work with king pins all the time to work in their area. I love the idea, as it would really ad some drama to the game! The big thing is, where will you get lost boys?

My plan was to mostly npc the Lost Boys myself. Of course if someone wanted their character to be a member, I am fine with this. Or if someone wanted to play a wicked Wendy.

But yeah, the plan was to npc them.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Wicked Emi

I will be closing this by 1/10 as we are at 21 characters! Holy crap balls!
HOWEVER, I know there are some open slots right now. Though I think they are getting filled? I know we now have a hatter, and hopefully a beast. If by chance I'm missing anything, please let me know. ALSO

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 07, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

~*~

~*~

~*~

It seems as if I’ve always been here. Backwards. Forwards. Coming. Going. Doing what I do best. How long has it been? I can’t quite remember. When you can trans-locate – travel from one place to the next in the blink of an eye – and make yourself invisible to the eye … or maybe, I dissolve, who knows? Well, it can turn your mind a little topsy turvy. I’ve been back and forth across the woods and more; who knows what wonder lands my travels take me. Only a few find the way after all and some don’t recognize it when they do. Others don’t want to. The smart man sees the path. The wise man knows there isn’t one and wanders where the wind takes him.

Additional Images

Well done again!
ACCEPTED!

Kuroneko

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Foxy Oni on January 08, 2018, 07:25:37 PM
Ooooo... me likely. Very cool twist.

Hi Foxy,

Since we have a pairing to put together, could you please send me a pm with your thoughts and ideas about the Hatter so far so I can take them into consideration when I'm putting together a character sheet. I have a bunch of vague possible ideas for the character and I don't want to come out with something that doesn't take into account all your thoughts about him. Thank you.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Wicked Emi

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 08, 2018, 07:38:49 PM
My plan was to mostly npc the Lost Boys myself. Of course if someone wanted their character to be a member, I am fine with this. Or if someone wanted to play a wicked Wendy.

But yeah, the plan was to npc them.
then sounds good to me ^.^

Caela

Planning to get Rapunzel done Tues evening after I get some sleep. Was hoping to get her done at work tonight but that doesn't look like it's onna happen.

BlueEyedBard

Here is a sheet for Peter Pan. If I need to change or add anything let me know. I didn't see that we were really editing back magic, so I kept Pan's ability to fly and his lack of aging. But of course things can be reworked.

Name: Peter Pan
Nickname: Pan
Sexuality: Bi-top

~*~

Height: 5’8
Weight: 140lb
Notable body features: Fire red hair, pointed ears, odd tattoos scattered across his body representing battles won. The most notable is the hook tattooed on the back of his right wrist.

~*~

Personality
Peter is energetic, hot tempered, excitable and ready to jump at a moment's notice. He always said he would never grow up, and for all accounts, he succeeded.
Along with the boundless energy of youth, he also contains all the ruthlessness of youth. While he would die for any one of the other orphans, he doesn't give a second thought to cutting down someone who threatens his family.
To those he interacts with on a more personal level, he tends to be very high spirited, curious, and very flirtatious.
+ Family first - Pan and the Lost Boys have created something as strong as any family bond you could want. Everything they do is for the gang and every member always has each other's back.
+ Energetic - The plus side of being a kid forever, is that abundance of youthful energy!
+ Positive attitude - Very little gets Peter into a sour mood, except when there aren't any more games to play. But then, Peter is the best at making up new games, like cops and robbers! Then if they catch one of the cops, they can play skin the pig!

+/- Ruthless - When you're young you have to try twice as hard to stand out, and when it comes down to it, nobody forgets that the Lost Boys had been there.
+/- Ageless - While the Lost Boys are a somewhat infrequent gang, Pan has been making scores for years. In all that time nobody can remember him aging even a day. Had he been a criminal presence in the woods for five years? Ten? Nobody knew for sure. He has just always been a kid.

- Arrogant - Pan didn't start a gang because he was good at taking orders from other people.
- Wild - Call it lack of discipline, or just immaturity, but the Pan, and by extension the Lost Boys, are unrefined, and out of control. They have to really put their minds to it to get a job done in a clean, orderly fashion.
- Class skipper - Pan didn't go to school. So, while his street smarts makes him dangerously skilled. His book smarts leave much to be desired.

~*~

Biography
There had always been reasons orphans would disappear from the town and the surrounding woods. The lucky ones were just snatched up and eaten by monsters. The ones that were less lucky begged for change, and food on the streets, until they disappear into the alleys. Or got put to work in the basements of the businesses, or selling papers on the streets for pennies a day, until the bosses beat them just a little too hard and they weren't any good. Then there were those who were snatched up by even more evil people, and sold for things too horrible to imagine. All it took was one businessman who saw the potential for a publicly funded orphanage, to be turned into a brothel or gambling den. Then all the children were on the street.
But when Pan first arrived on the scene, and made some kind of grudge move against one if the biggest gang leaders in town, Captain Hook, they say the kid cut the old man's hand off that night, afterwards all the forests orphans began disappearing from the streets for a different reason. Not, never to be seen again.

Not much is actually known about the ruthless boy who appeared out of the forest and started making moves almost, indiscriminately, against the other head hanchos of the underground. Who amassed a huge gang, made up of the majority of the forest’s street urchins, practically overnight. But there is a rumor that Pan is the only one of the Lost Boys who is not an orphan…
They say, when Peter was very little he had an argument with his parents about the realities of growing up, and being an adult. A prospect young Peter was more than ready to refuse and dismiss. Not wanting their boy to grow up not knowing the realities of life, his parents fought with him, disciplined him, made sure to pound into him the way the world had to be.
That night, in his room, alone. Young Peter decided that the only option he had to escape the fate his parents were ready to force on him was to run away, to a place where nobody had to grow up. But he didn't just leave, he covered his tracks by burning down his house as he left. With his parents still inside....
Now gossip spreads the way gossip does. But be careful who you tell that story around. Because if one of the Lost Boys are nearby to hear you spreading stories about their boss, they are likely to jam the sharp end of a broken bottle into your rib cage. Or an ice pick into your thigh. Perhaps the scariest thing about the Lost Boys is that they go practically anywhere unnoticed. After all, who pays attention to the dirty orphans?

The most that most know about the young leader of the gang is that he seems unbound by gravity. He doesn't seem to age. Also, he's partial to knives, as any surviving victim will attest to.
On/Off

Chasseybaby

Nice sheet BlueEyes! Pan was always my favorite storybook character ^^ Glad you joined us!

Wicked Emi

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 09, 2018, 07:40:22 PM
Here is a sheet for Peter Pan. If I need to change or add anything let me know. I didn't see that we were really editing back magic, so I kept Pan's ability to fly and his lack of aging. But of course things can be reworked.

Name: Peter Pan
Nickname: Pan
Sexuality: Bi-top

~*~

Height: 5’8
Weight: 140lb
Notable body features: Fire red hair, pointed ears, odd tattoos scattered across his body representing battles won. The most notable is the hook tattooed on the back of his right wrist.

~*~

Personality
Peter is energetic, hot tempered, excitable and ready to jump at a moment's notice. He always said he would never grow up, and for all accounts, he succeeded.
Along with the boundless energy of youth, he also contains all the ruthlessness of youth. While he would die for any one of the other orphans, he doesn't give a second thought to cutting down someone who threatens his family.
To those he interacts with on a more personal level, he tends to be very high spirited, curious, and very flirtatious.
+ Family first - Pan and the Lost Boys have created something as strong as any family bond you could want. Everything they do is for the gang and every member always has each other's back.
+ Energetic - The plus side of being a kid forever, is that abundance of youthful energy!
+ Positive attitude - Very little gets Peter into a sour mood, except when there aren't any more games to play. But then, Peter is the best at making up new games, like cops and robbers! Then if they catch one of the cops, they can play skin the pig!

+/- Ruthless - When you're young you have to try twice as hard to stand out, and when it comes down to it, nobody forgets that the Lost Boys had been there.
+/- Ageless - While the Lost Boys are a somewhat infrequent gang, Pan has been making scores for years. In all that time nobody can remember him aging even a day. Had he been a criminal presence in the woods for five years? Ten? Nobody knew for sure. He has just always been a kid.

- Arrogant - Pan didn't start a gang because he was good at taking orders from other people.
- Wild - Call it lack of discipline, or just immaturity, but the Pan, and by extension the Lost Boys, are unrefined, and out of control. They have to really put their minds to it to get a job done in a clean, orderly fashion.
- Class skipper - Pan didn't go to school. So, while his street smarts makes him dangerously skilled. His book smarts leave much to be desired.

~*~

Biography
There had always been reasons orphans would disappear from the town and the surrounding woods. The lucky ones were just snatched up and eaten by monsters. The ones that were less lucky begged for change, and food on the streets, until they disappear into the alleys. Or got put to work in the basements of the businesses, or selling papers on the streets for pennies a day, until the bosses beat them just a little too hard and they weren't any good. Then there were those who were snatched up by even more evil people, and sold for things too horrible to imagine. All it took was one businessman who saw the potential for a publicly funded orphanage, to be turned into a brothel or gambling den. Then all the children were on the street.

But when Pan first arrived on the scene, and made some kind of grudge move against one if the biggest gang leaders in town, Captain Hook, they say the kid cut the old man's hand off that night, afterwards all the forests orphans began disappearing from the streets for a different reason. Not, never to be seen again.

Not much is actually known about the ruthless boy who appeared out of the forest and started making moves almost, indiscriminately, against the other head honchos of the underground. Who amassed a huge gang, made up of the majority of the forest’s street urchins, practically overnight. But there is a rumor that Pan is the only one of the Lost Boys who is not an orphan…

They say, when Peter was very little he had an argument with his parents about the realities of growing up, and being an adult. A prospect young Peter was more than ready to refuse and dismiss. Not wanting their boy to grow up not knowing the realities of life, his parents fought with him, disciplined him, made sure to pound into him the way the world had to be.

That night, in his room, alone. Young Peter decided that the only option he had to escape the fate his parents were ready to force on him was to run away, to a place where nobody had to grow up. But he didn't just leave, he covered his tracks by burning down his house as he left. With his parents still inside....

Now gossip spreads the way gossip does. But be careful who you tell that story around. Because if one of the Lost Boys are nearby to hear you spreading stories about their boss, they are likely to jam the sharp end of a broken bottle into your rib cage. Or an ice pick into your thigh. Perhaps the scariest thing about the Lost Boys is that they go practically anywhere unnoticed. After all, who pays attention to the dirty orphans?

The most that most know about the young leader of the gang is that he seems unbound by gravity. He doesn't seem to age. Also, he's partial to knives, as any surviving victim will attest to.
Looks really good!
I'm actually fine with the ageless and flying. We have shapeshifters, some go invisible. Honestly he fits right in LOL
ACCEPTED!

Wicked Emi

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 09, 2018, 07:40:22 PM
Don't forget to OOC, the IC just opened but as far as I could see no one has posted.
If you want a privet thread for your own area for you and the lost boys. Let me know, pm me with the want and picture of an awesome tree house.

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Chasseybaby on January 09, 2018, 08:18:28 PM
Nice sheet BlueEyes! Pan was always my favorite storybook character ^^ Glad you joined us!
Thank you! I'm glad to be here  ;D

Quote from: Wicked Emi on January 09, 2018, 08:29:04 PM
Don't forget to OOC, the IC just opened but as far as I could see no one has posted.
If you want a privet thread for your own area for you and the lost boys. Let me know, pm me with the want and picture of an awesome tree house.
Thank you!
Also, I'm not sure I saw where the link to the ooc and the ic was. Can I get directed to that?
And I will look for a good pic to be the header for the Lost Boys hideout "Hangmans Tree"
On/Off