The 13th Doctor has been revealed... [HUGE SPOILERS INSIDE!]

Started by Beorning, July 16, 2017, 01:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on July 17, 2017, 10:04:26 PM
Hard to say how long this will last. Colin Baker who portrayed the Sixth Doctor had the shortest television run of one to two years.

Didn't he leave because he was difficult to work with, or something like that?

BTW. Colin Baker's Doctor is the one I really don't like...

Stella

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on July 17, 2017, 10:04:26 PM
if we are taking bets...I give her three seasons at the LEAST. That's if Doctor Who starts going back on a proper run and not taking year long breaks like 12th's run did TWICE because Moffat was busy also doing Sherlock. So hopefully with a new Showrunner that won't be an issue now.

The filming schedule is extremely demanding and actors are required to sign contracts limiting the scope of any work they can fit in around that schedule. One of the reasons actors don't stay long with DW is because of this - not to mention the concern of threat of typecasting impacting future work opportunities. Any actor would be bonkers to stay longer than three seasons in DW.

wander

Quote from: Stella on July 18, 2017, 05:05:52 AM
The filming schedule is extremely demanding and actors are required to sign contracts limiting the scope of any work they can fit in around that schedule. One of the reasons actors don't stay long with DW is because of this - not to mention the concern of threat of typecasting impacting future work opportunities. Any actor would be bonkers to stay longer than three seasons in DW.

Back when Dr. Who used to shoot around Cardiff (which is super close to me and the show for sure shot multiple eps where I live, my mate even met Billie Piper and another of mine caught Capaldi once, another of my friends is a director and met the Torchwood cast) it was said the show for those on the lower rungs was a total shit-show to work for. Workers were treated like shit and pay wasn't good, all that kind of stuff. I heard Eccleston did not have a fun time in his tenure and wanted out soon as. His issues with the show even led to the War Doctor being invented in the first place, John Hurt's part was rumoured to be for Eccleston.

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: wander on July 18, 2017, 10:49:57 AM
Back when Dr. Who used to shoot around Cardiff (which is super close to me and the show for sure shot multiple eps where I live, my mate even met Billie Piper and another of mine caught Capaldi once, another of my friends is a director and met the Torchwood cast) it was said the show for those on the lower rungs was a total shit-show to work for. Workers were treated like shit and pay wasn't good, all that kind of stuff. I heard Eccleston did not have a fun time in his tenure and wanted out soon as. His issues with the show even led to the War Doctor being invented in the first place, John Hurt's part was rumoured to be for Eccleston.

Oh yeah Moffat had approached Eccletson originally. They met professionally and acted as such with no ill blood. When he made it clear he did not wish to appear for the 50th, they went ahead with the War Doctor.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

SidheLady

There are two things which have been overlooked almost totally.

1. what about the companion? is the companion going to be a competent man? It really needs to be.

2. what about River Song, you know..the doctors wife?
"Dream, not of what you are, but what you want to be" - Lotus (aka spacemom!), warframe

I have Discord, ask to contact me!

My Games including Sassy Space Vixens and the Gentry https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253546.0

My general Ons and Offs (will be updated soonish whenever I remember and get around to it)
https://www.f-list.net/c/sidhelady/

Sain

Quote from: SidheLady on July 19, 2017, 01:10:17 PM
There are two things which have been overlooked almost totally.

1. what about the companion? is the companion going to be a competent man? It really needs to be.

2. what about Rover Song, you know..the doctors wife?

River spoiler
She is dead and they already had their first meeting too. Her story arch is kind of concluded. Unlikely that she'll play any big role for the next doctor's story.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Geeklet

SidheLady

Quote from: Geeklet on July 19, 2017, 01:28:45 PM

Now, thats a 13th doctor I could get behind

and sain....seriously? *puts head in hand and shakes head* that seems...remarkably stupid
"Dream, not of what you are, but what you want to be" - Lotus (aka spacemom!), warframe

My Games including Sassy Space Vixens and the Gentry https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253546.0

My general Ons and Offs (will be updated soonish whenever I remember and get around to it)

wander

Very likely true though. Her arc is pretty much done and dusted now.

Plus new show-runner will mean new side-characters and new arcs coming in.

Stella

SidheLady

Oniya

Quote from: Stella on July 19, 2017, 08:19:28 PM
This pupper for new companion pls.

Definitely precedent!  My vote is - Affirmative!  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Theta Sigma

Quote from: Oniya on July 21, 2017, 11:51:20 AM
Definitely precedent!  My vote is - Affirmative!  ;)
I shamefully admit when I was 8 or 9 I used to pretend to be a cat version of the 7th Doctor.

Thete was a normal child. >_>

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Oniya

Quote from: Theta Sigma on July 21, 2017, 12:12:11 PM
I shamefully admit when I was 8 or 9 I used to pretend to be a cat version of the 7th Doctor.

Thete was a normal child. >_>

(Has a notebook somewhere with No. 4 fanfic.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

CaptainNexus616

▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

jinx013

I'm excited to see how the new Doctor does, not so much the "you'll-have-to-wait-until-christmas" part - but that's already been said and done. I'm finally all caught up on the recent episodes (finished series 10), and now to play the waiting game.

I can't not watch it, though. >>

Question:

Who is your favorite companion and why? Who was your least favorite?
Photographers are violent people. First they frame you, then they shoot you, then they hang you on the wall.

jinx013

OH! Something I came across a while ago - true fans of the Doctor will be upset that he/she isn't ginger, rather than the fact that the Doctor is now a woman.

Also-also; I LOVED Missy. She was amazeballs insane and batshit crazy. xD
Photographers are violent people. First they frame you, then they shoot you, then they hang you on the wall.

Luna333

I am excited for this new Doctor. I wonder what will happen.

CaptainNexus616

I give you the 13th Doctor's official look. I can't help but notice the Tardis also looks slightly different too. We may be getting a new outside look for the first time since the start of 11's run.

FeveredDreams

I don't...  like it.  Blah, maybe I'm just cranky but she kind of looks like a mom let their 4 year old pick out whatever she wanted from the closet in whatever combination.

Admittedly 9 has always been my go to fashion when it comes to Doctors.
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Oniya

Once you lived through Six, you stopped worrying about fashion sense.

CaptainNexus616