Game of Thrones: Ascension - Freeform, Sandbox GoT Group - Open to All

Started by GnothiSeauton, May 21, 2017, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JinxedLana

Thank you, Flower, I appreciate you helping me out with taking a tentative step or two. Also hello everyone. I'm going to say that first off larger group games can make me quite nervous. And I'm just coming back from a lengthy hiatus. I was actually gone for over a year. So that just adds to my trepidation plus jumping into something that is already on-going!

So yeah, loose ideas are all around. I read a good number of the novels a loooong time ago, and got re-interested in the setting thanks to the Television show. There were times when I could do little else than watch TV during my hiatus so it helped me escape stuff and wound up occupying a place in my heart for that.

So if anyone has any input, my inbox is open. I found myself rather loving Dorne in both the books and the series so I would probably lean towards a character from that area. Now my first thought was a noble. I'd actually put the character at anywhere from late 20's all the way up to being a more mature character all the way up to being in her 50's. So quite a wide range I know!

Anyway, thanks again for any suggestions!

Amelita

If you have your heart set on a Dornish character, I'm happy to talk connections and such. I write Sarella Martell.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

JinxedLana

Oh, well I do appreciate it. But if it's a less than desirable thing for me to try I'd be very happy to regroup and reconsider my options! It's no problem! I certainly don't want to rock the boat in any way! I'll look over the list of who is in play already and consider the options some more!

Lovely Complex

💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Flower

Amelita

Quote from: JinxedLana on September 20, 2018, 03:59:13 PM
Oh, well I do appreciate it. But if it's a less than desirable thing for me to try I'd be very happy to regroup and reconsider my options! It's no problem! I certainly don't want to rock the boat in any way! I'll look over the list of who is in play already and consider the options some more!

It's not a problem at all! ;D  I'm always happy to make connections and talk plot, and there are a lot of families in Dorne other than Martell so there's absolutely no reason for you to shy away from it  :-)

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Flower

We're a week in the game so don't feel super overwhelmed.  :-)

RobHumph

*Throws a blanket over the mountain of plots, subplots, schemes and other shenanigans*
Yeah... only a week.

Jokes aside. We're always happy for new folks to come and join us!

Lovely Complex

Pops out of the corner. Then here I am! Just trying to see which role I want to apply for. Madam of Coin does sound interesting to me. lol

Caela

Something to keep in mind if making a Council Member...we're in the process of electing a new Monarch so they might be out of a job soon. Wooing the new King/Queen should be one of their motivations if they want to keep their position.

Lovely Complex

Hm, that'll make the story much more interesting indeed. But I am still making a Madam of Coin.

Endwell

Quote from: JinxedLana on September 20, 2018, 03:59:13 PM

Rocking boats is always encouraged but there aren’t many ships left because Darna (Sharp) Goodwynd sank them all with reckless abandon  :'(

Alsoooo Canaryyyy, should be interesting. Look forward to see what house they’re from and what trouble they’ll cause :)
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Aiden

I would like to find a Dayne that would be intrested  in taking control of star fall (house dayne ancestral seat) either peacefully,  diplomatically or it can be violent and brutal.

GnothiSeauton

A Madam of Coin would be more than welcome!

But just keep in mind that there have been some who had previously filled those shoes, and since those characters have had quite an impact in the past with relations and scenes, they should be at least touched upon in your sheet.  Ethan Redwyne had been Master of Coin, and with his absence, Sudario Lannister, the assistant to Redwyne, became the defacto Master of Coin.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Amelita

Quote from: Aiden on September 20, 2018, 07:45:43 PM
I would like to find a Dayne that would be intrested  in taking control of star fall (house dayne ancestral seat) either peacefully,  diplomatically or it can be violent and brutal.

JinxedLana had an idea for a Dayne!

GnothiSeauton

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lovely Complex

I'm sorry but what other roles or houses are available? I am coming up blank with the Madam of Coin.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: White Canary on September 22, 2018, 12:27:59 AM
I'm sorry but what other roles or houses are available? I am coming up blank with the Madam of Coin.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279378.msg13172659#msg13172659

That post should give you a pretty good idea of what's available and what's in play.

Someone has approached me about doing a Mallister, so that one is unavailable at the moment.

Seeking New Stories

Lovely Complex

Flower

RobHumph

Bump

Also an announcement that Gnothi has stepped back as GM for Game of Thrones: Ascension, and any further interest please be directed towards me rather than her. Thanks all!

WaitingCynicism

Aiden

All of the major houses needs vassals/banners.

It really depends on which major house you wish to represent.

RobHumph

Best thing I can suggest is having a browse of the current characters and thinking about which you'd rather have your type of character serve.

Characters

There's a ton of houses still available to pick to play as, and we'll be around to help out. Though I would like to remind you send the character sheet PM to me rather than Gnothi