Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on December 11, 2017, 10:55:07 AM
Who needs to stab people when you can just shoot them in the middle of 5th avenue without losing voters?

https://youtu.be/lkz7xgsPGmQ

I had forgotten about that one - thanks for reminding me! :D

Aaand...to get people's minds off the troubles down here, Trump signs a paper ordering NASA to begin (rather: resume) planning for sending American astronauts back to the moon, and to the planet Mars.

http://www.moondaily.com/reports/Trump_tells_NASA_to_send_Americans_to_Moon_999.html

I'm all for space exploration, but this looks like an obvious attempt to change the topic of conversation. In any case, the first new manned flight to land on the moon will be almost sure not to happen in Trump's time at the White House, but later - unless he does something outside the law to remain there.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Trieste

Quote from: gaggedLouise on December 11, 2017, 03:24:57 PM
unless he does something outside the law to remain there.

Bite your tongue, there, missy.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Trieste on December 11, 2017, 06:20:28 PM
Bite your tongue, there, missy.

Well, he's not gonna silence either of us, lady. :)

Fury Aphrodisia

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: gaggedLouise on December 11, 2017, 03:24:57 PM
I'm all for space exploration, but this looks like an obvious attempt to change the topic of conversation.
Nah, he probably just watched a lot of Discovery Channel or somesuch and got the idea from that.

Either that or he heard about the secret Nazi base on the dark side of the moon and wants to make contact. He can use more "fine people" to vote for him if he wants to stay in office in 2020.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Aiden

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/17/politics/trump-mueller-very-upset-emails/index.html

Trump no longer says they are planning on firing Mueller, speculation grows rampant.

Lots of places are reporting Mueller had a back up plan for something like that and now the big story is; Mueller attained damming emails improperly.

DominantPoet

Quote from: Aiden on December 17, 2017, 06:18:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/17/politics/trump-mueller-very-upset-emails/index.html

Trump no longer says they are planning on firing Mueller, speculation grows rampant.

Lots of places are reporting Mueller had a back up plan for something like that and now the big story is; Mueller attained damming emails improperly.

I love the irony of this. All he chants about during the election campaigns is the Hillary e-mails, then low and behold, nearly a year into his Presidency, he's bitching about e-mails from his own team and trying to discredit how they were attained, likely because the e-mails are probably very damning for him and his team.

Serephino

Intuitive Dream

Hey so, I am not sure if this has been covered earlier in this topic, but even if it has I'd like to hear people's updated opinions.  I think that, even if Trump were to win the next presidential election, I don't think he can survive 8 years of being president.  The presidency of the United States is basically an alternate reality where you age twice as fast anyway (just look at basically any president before and after election).  Trump in particular doesn't seem to eat well, exercise, or sleep (given the hours of his tweets).  Frankly I prefer Trump to Pence, so I'd rather see him hang on, but I think even for conservatives it is worth considering that he is a 70+ year old man who has (according to reporters for what that is worth) expressed his view that exercise uses up a limited amount of energy in the human body and that people who don't exercise live longer.

Oniya

Quote from: Intuitive Dream on December 18, 2017, 11:08:06 PMI think that, even if Trump were to win the next presidential election, I don't think he can survive 8 years of being president.

I'd say the 'Tecumseh Curse' is due for another go-round if Trump gets re-elected in 2020.

longer-winded explanation
There is a legend that a curse was laid on the US after the Battle of Tippecanoe that basically said any president elected in a year ending in zero would die before leaving office.  'Victims' include:
William Henry Harrison - died of pneumonia with the shortest presidential term ever of 30 days, elected in 1840
Abraham Lincoln - assassinated, elected in 1860
James Garfield - assassinated, elected in 1880
William McKinley - assassinated, elected in 1900
Warren G. Harding - stroke or heart attack, elected in 1920
Franklin D. Roosevelt - stroke, elected in 1940
John F. Kennedy - assassinated, elected in 1960.

Ronald Reagan (elected 1980) had an assassination attempt, but survived.
George W. Bush (elected 2000) also had an assassination attempt, as well as a near-choking involving a pretzel, but also survived.  Some people also cite the 'shoeing' as an artifact of the curse, but personally, I think that was more of a dramatic insult.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Orval Wintermute

Harrison's was self-inflicted and curse probably came after his and Lincoln's deaths. Harrison ran on a campaign of being a hardy outdoors-man and even sold cabin shaped bottles of whiskey distilled by E.C. Booz. So to keep up the backwoodsman image Harrison made his inaugural address in only his shirt sleeves but crappy weather and old age are a bad combination.

Oniya

Quote from: Orval Wintermute on December 19, 2017, 03:22:27 AM
Harrison's was self-inflicted and curse probably came after his and Lincoln's deaths. Harrison ran on a campaign of being a hardy outdoors-man and even sold cabin shaped bottles of whiskey distilled by E.C. Booz. So to keep up the backwoodsman image Harrison made his inaugural address in only his shirt sleeves but crappy weather and old age are a bad combination.

No doubt - just like crappy eating habits and a disdain for exercise are a bad combination, especially in a high-stress job.  I don't believe in the supernatural aspect of the 'curse', but if there was a second term for this administration, I would be neither surprised nor disappointed to see it manifest.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

ReijiTabibito

It's nice to see that Disney is giving back to the community by letting Jon Voight work there.

https://qz.com/1160564/hall-of-presidents-donald-trump-and-disney-world-would-like-to-welcome-you-to-your-nightmares/

Serephino

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/breitbart-writer-witches-donald-trump/?llid=WB7wJ&ls=dd&type=cpc&campaign=WB7wJ

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/12/17/rise-feminist-witches/

What won't idiots come up with?  Maybe this has happened with some women, but really??  Seriously, that fucker isn't worth the karmic blow back. 

Oniya

TheGlyphstone

It's not fantasy, it's alternative historical facts.

AmberStarfire

I stumbled across this dog/cat toy and thought I'd share here (pity it's sold out):
https://www.amazon.com/Fuzzu-Donald-Trump-Presidential-Parody/dp/B01IDP0WF6/

AmberStarfire

Incidentally, check out the images in the reviews. :D

Serephino

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-makes-changes-to-presidential-coin-2017-12

How does this idiot's head stay on his shoulders?  He is so full of himself it's disgusting.  I seriously hope voters in this country learn to think long and hard about their choices after this because this train wreck, I...  I'm really not sure the country can survive another 3 years.

Various

Quote from: Serephino on December 24, 2017, 09:22:49 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-makes-changes-to-presidential-coin-2017-12

How does this idiot's head stay on his shoulders?  He is so full of himself it's disgusting.  I seriously hope voters in this country learn to think long and hard about their choices after this because this train wreck, I...  I'm really not sure the country can survive another 3 years.

This tin-pot dictator narcissism is how it starts. We'll be at President-for-Life Trump and having to start calling Tuesday "Trumpday" or look at giant golden statue of himself that is always flanked by the sun like Niyazov before long.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Cassandra LeMay

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already, but "Travel Ban 3.0" has stumbled in the courts. Personally I ahve my doubts that the Supreme Court will let this decision stand, if and when the government appeals it, but one can always hope.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Arianna

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on December 24, 2017, 11:12:36 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already, but "Travel Ban 3.0" has stumbled in the courts. Personally I ahve my doubts that the Supreme Court will let this decision stand, if and when the government appeals it, but one can always hope.

The Supreme Court has certainly been challenged a lot this year, and I have a feeling it will only get worse. The conclusion of the article is what I feared most... In other words, a travel ban is perfectly possible, and the administration is always free to ask Congress for one. Had it done so in January, Congress might have enacted one by now. The Supreme Court may be concerned that a decision against the government in this case may weaken the nation; the Ninth Circuit opinion suggests a way to avoid doing so—while still rejecting Trump’s demand for personal powers that “will not be questioned.”
If it will only be up to the crazy tangerine man, the Supreme Court can fight, if it goes through Congress (which we can only hope it never does) then the odds are not in our favor.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Arianna de L'ombre on December 24, 2017, 01:22:01 PM
The Supreme Court has certainly been challenged a lot this year, and I have a feeling it will only get worse. The conclusion of the article is what I feared most... In other words, a travel ban is perfectly possible, and the administration is always free to ask Congress for one. Had it done so in January, Congress might have enacted one by now. The Supreme Court may be concerned that a decision against the government in this case may weaken the nation; the Ninth Circuit opinion suggests a way to avoid doing so—while still rejecting Trump’s demand for personal powers that “will not be questioned.”
If it will only be up to the crazy tangerine man, the Supreme Court can fight, if it goes through Congress (which we can only hope it never does) then the odds are not in our favor.
The important takeaway here is that the president might not have as much authority as he claims. Yes - Congress could have enacted something like this as law, if asked to. But that is what Congress is for - it is the legislative body of government. POTUS is not.

I am still reading through the court decision, but what I have read so far is a slap in the face for Trump. Reading between the lines of the formal language of court decisions is not always easy, but my impression is that those judges were really, really pi$$ed. You can sense them getting really tired of Trump trying the same stunt over and over again.

If Congress wants to get into this mess - let them. If they feel the need to rescue Trump from himself it will only be more ammunition for Democrats to take the House - and possibly the Senate - in the midterms.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

gaggedLouise

]URL=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/945126026824298497]Trump thinks he has reclaimed the "Merry Christmas" greeting for the USA from some ban by the PC crowd.[/URL]

::)

gaggedLouise