Other role playing sites like E.

Started by backlash84, December 19, 2016, 02:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backlash84

I have been a member of E for a while now, about 6 years. So far, it's the only site I've ever used for adult role plays. I like to have options though, and casting a wider net is always bound to draw in more fish. :)

Are there any other sites people would recommend? Any to avoid?

Thanks for your time.

Skynet

I know that Blue Moon Role-Playing is a sister site of Elliquiy in a sense, although I haven't spent enough time there to get a feel for the forum culture.

Roll20 has an Erotic Role-Player's Group, although I'm not really familiar with the community. It's more of a get-together place for individual games than a full-fledged board and discussion place.

ADoggett

F-list is fantastic. It's a great place to list your kinks, especially if you have specific characters in mind or ideas for specific plots. There's tons of active role players, messaging is easy, and there's a live chat feature for real time RP games (with chat logs!) that can be accessed via mobile or your PC. I've been on there for about a year now and 4 years on E, but it's just a tad different than E as far as chat rooms are concerned as there are chat rooms with specific kinks and content available. (i.e., there's chat rooms specifically for those who are foot fetishists or those who specifically like a particular canon character).

There is also an active blocking function on F-List if people are bothering you, whereas you can ignore people with ease if they are pestering.

Setting up profiles on F-list is easy and accessible. If one wants more features involving this, I'd recommend supporting the site via Patreon so that you can get access to more things, which are as small as having your profile featured to get more games/prospective partners to being involved in monthly raffles, etc. It's a very big community with over 7,000+ people online on a daily, almost more than that per hour.

The profiles you can set up are near limitless with over 150 character slots to make (I personally have about 30+ on there), and you can say exactly what you're looking for.

Here are some examples of my own:
*snip*  No contact information in public parts of the forum. - Staff

It's very easy and the verification process is very very quick. All you have to do is have a valid email, a good username and password to log in, and voila, you're set to create your characters, add images to their profiles, and list your favorite naughty kinks!

ADoggett

I also personally haven't seen any to avoid. When I was looking for other sites outside of E and F-List, I found Tumblr to be one and was on there before E and F-list. It's hard getting into the Tumblr RP scene because it takes you to make a very valid blog and state what you like/what you are looking for, and it can be very niche and hard to operate. Also, based off of personal experiences in this one Megaman RP group I made my way into on Tumblr, people can be very problematic and snooty, if not downright creepy about getting OOC info from you, to make things enjoyable. That said, it's kind of difficult to get games going in general; lots of inactive blogs, players, and slow response times.

Elysian Radiance

While it was Darknest that got me into the adult roleplaying community and eventually leading to E, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. You have to search long and hard (no pun intended) for quality writing partners, often times trudging through the swarms of bads to find a diamond in the rough, if you're that lucky. And even then, everyone I've played with has flaked out on me. Most of the people on DN are looking for pure smut, so if that's what you're looking for, go for it. If you want something more, I recommend steering clear.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Lady Shadow

I have to agree about Blue Moon Roleplaying. I was there, and their community is really closed-knit so it's kind of hard to get a conversation going if you're an outsider. Also they love smut! Let me tell you. I am all about adult roleplaying but I like story and creating a good plot. It seems there seems to be a lot of ermmm "getting down to bidness" rather than story telling.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~