Shadows of the Sword Coast (Forgotten Realms 3.5)

Started by Nicolae, October 19, 2013, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 31, 2013, 01:37:28 AM
So sorry for not having mine done yet X_x I'll try to have it done in time. The armor and stuff has just been really stumping me for some reason. Just not sure what to do with a druid :I

A&A

Zaer Darkwail

The link is broken btw. Aye, I double on notion what Ghostwheel talked about.

Re Z L

giving up two major class features for shapeshifting is already a pretty sore deal, on top of that it's just a weaker version of Wild Shape in every possible way.  Wild Shape is a pretty significant source of the Druid's power, regardless of what kind of druid you decide to make, I can't say I'd ever recommend taking the shapeshifter feature.

Most Druids I've seen/built are either Utility Caster, Summoner, or Wildshaper.  And there's a number of different ways to go about any of them.  You can stay Druid all the way to 20 and still be able to do any one of those things extremely well.
A&A

Ghostwheel

*shrug* I prefer tier 3-ish characters, which I find the Shapeshifter helps druids become.

Of course, if you're not interested in that and want to go full on tier 1 CoDzilla, then the variant probably wouldn't work for you.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, animal companion haves handy uses but you can just summon animals and buff them instead (and may summon animals which would be hard justify to be animal companions anyway). Wild Shaping ofc has it's perks also in that turning to actual animal types which include also their senses and mobility have strong point (and wild shaping feats).

Shapeshifting is just easier version of animal form combative druid in math wise and less headache in regards of 'can I turn to kraken even if I have never seen one and I have lived 90% of my live in desert?'. Not to mention able keep form and able shift at-will.

Nicolae

@Finn: A good idea for armor would be something with a high Max Dex, but enchanted for higher AC. A set of +2 AC leather armor will run you 4160gp and give you a Max Dex of +6. Since you're going for a dextrous character, you can cheap out on armor (a little) as long as your armor has a high Max Dex.
O/O   Ideas

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 31, 2013, 01:08:48 AM
Darkling, can you mention where from is Disciple of Sharess? I do remember there was stats for that PrC somewhere but I cannot find it anywhere :P.
Its the Disciple Of Aaluran from BoEF, the text says you can sub in any similar deity, and Sharess is the FR goddess of lust, sex, dancing, cats, etc (and even war, supposedly, if someone could get her to stop frolicking about under Sune's skirt long enough to have a interest).

On a higher level than mere sex, i also love her thematically, she has such a interesting history. She was originally a member of a refugee pantheon (the Mulhorandi) named Bast, a cat/war goddess. But she was eventually captured and enslaved by Shar, who, i believe, forced her into a kind of evil cat/dark allure/badwar sort of role, untill Sune freed her, and shes pretty much spent the entire time since frolicking in Sune's realm and enjoying her freedom. picking up various portfolios here and there from some fading elven gods/desses for dancing, pleasure, etc. Now shes pretty much the goddess of Good Times XD

which makes her a perfect fit for a pro-sex dancing bard  ;D

PhantomPistoleer

Question:  Is the Factotum from Dungeonscape available for play?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Just note Bast took portfolio of the star elf deity and then later got snared by Sharess (and hint Loviatar may had been her 'mistress' for time). So overall Sharess is indeed wandering goddess overall and has evolved and changed a lot.

But yeah, she is goddess of 'Good Times' and her worship place is literally feasthalls and worship time is every night all around year ;). Sune can also produce frolicking worshipers but they press on 'love' where as Sharess is all about 'good natured hedonistic fun and pleasure'. Anyways I would had hoped you would had gone to Sacred Prostitute as the 5th level benefit would had made you much demanded in the party with 4-5 casters :P.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 31, 2013, 03:45:21 PMBut yeah, she is goddess of 'Good Times' and her worship place is literally feasthalls and worship time is every night all around year ;). Sune can also produce frolicking worshipers but they press on 'love' where as Sharess is all about 'good natured hedonistic fun and pleasure'. Anyways I would had hoped you would had gone to Sacred Prostitute as the 5th level benefit would had made you much demanded in the party with 4-5 casters :P.
Hehe, wanted it actually, didnt have the profession reqs though, bard basically is a walking profession so i felt meh about spending the points, i may reconsider now that you point that out, since it wouldnt have a heavy impact on the backstory im still writing XD

Zaer Darkwail

One way meet profession requirements is just to swap class skills. Or another is via house tailor suitable mentor via Apprentice feat, it allows even become mentor later date (feat changing once you meet requirements). Or keep feat and it's perks. Also I remember Cosmopolitant regional feat allows take any skill as class skill and get +2 bonus with it.

ChaoticSky

*waves* i looked it over, and i think ill stick with Disciple for now, it gives me a always-on sanctuary, which will be useful when i want to buff yous at the start if combat, and general avoidance of sneaky bastards who might otherwise stab me in the back. It also gives me access to Pleasure Domain (smore spells O_O), disguise, a couple bonus feats (delicious) and lets me give someone such a powerful come hither look that its basically a 10+ turn stun if they fail the save, they wont even defend themselves if i attack.

What i may do, is change my levels around to Bard1>disciple 3>SP 4, and take SP5 next before switching back to the others. Would depend on our leveling speed though. Ive had GMs who gave out exp like candy and others that decided the game would remain at a set level, giving none. If it wont take too epically long to get a level, then i may do that, but if its going to take forever then il stick with my current setup

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I only wonder is your char from Mulhorandi region who then 'went spread gospel' of Sharess to Waterdeep? I thought a interesting connection between our chars (if Mulhorand is origin region) considering my char origin lays in Thay and their culture roots are in Mulhorand (and top of that my mother was priestess of Mulhorandi goddess of marriage/couples and so on :P).

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 31, 2013, 04:36:35 PM
Ok, I only wonder is your char from Mulhorandi region who then 'went spread gospel' of Sharess to Waterdeep? I thought a interesting connection between our chars (if Mulhorand is origin region) considering my char origin lays in Thay and their culture roots are in Mulhorand (and top of that my mother was priestess of Mulhorandi goddess of marriage/couples and so on :P).
nope, not even close, my char is from one of the lesser known dales, i invented a freelove enclave-city there and GM approved it ^^

On other note, im probably not going to use the SP at all, remind me to make a non-caster next time. They dont advance spell level, and im not losing five levels O_O

Nicolae

@PhantonPistoleer: Sorry, but I've already got 12 people wanting to play and I just can't take on anymore. I'm even going to have to shave a few off if their stuff isn't in by the deadline tomorrow.
O/O   Ideas

Countdown0

So can someone fill me in on what a "sacred prostitute" is/does. I'm not familiar with BoER and other things of that type :P Its being tossed around and leaving me confused.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Florence

I'll be working on my today and hopefully I'll have it done in time. Also have to deal with tricker-treaters and trying to watch Evil Dead before it's taken off Netflix tomorrow xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Nicolae

@Countdown0: They're sort of priestesses (of deities that celebrate sex) that engage in sex rituals for money to glorify their deity. Just like a priest of Mystra might teach a young mage a spell to glorify (and strengthen a smidge) Mystra, a priestess (or priest) of Sharess might have sex with someone for a donation to her goddess to glorify and strength Sharess.
O/O   Ideas

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Calrond on October 31, 2013, 05:17:45 PM
@PhantonPistoleer: Sorry, but I've already got 12 people wanting to play and I just can't take on anymore. I'm even going to have to shave a few off if their stuff isn't in by the deadline tomorrow.

It's all good, Calrond!  I understand.  Good luck with your game!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Re Z L

Quote from: Calrond on October 31, 2013, 06:20:49 PM
@Countdown0: They're sort of priestesses (of deities that celebrate sex) that engage in sex rituals for money to glorify their deity. Just like a priest of Mystra might teach a young mage a spell to glorify (and strengthen a smidge) Mystra, a priestess (or priest) of Sharess might have sex with someone for a donation to her goddess to glorify and strength Sharess.

And it was a thing that people actually did!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 31, 2013, 01:37:28 AM
So sorry for not having mine done yet X_x I'll try to have it done in time. The armor and stuff has just been really stumping me for some reason. Just not sure what to do with a druid :I

It'd be easier to recommend items if I knew what kind of stuff you're focusing on with your druid, but here's a handy guide that might give you some ideas!  ;D

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=940.msg5879#msg5879
A&A

ChaoticSky

In a more systemic sense, its basically a PrC that gives non-casters some sexually oriented spells (but doesnt improve caster level for real casters :< ), and allows you to support people through sex with sexual healing I (which removes most statuses and heals some HP and ability damage) and II (which does all of I but also removes curse and heals more), one that allows you to cast a max success divination on your partner, and the final ability, which Zaer is drooling over, allows you to refresh a caster's entire spell pool as if it was a new day/they had studied/meditated/slept/etc. So a wizard could blow all their spells, and 20 minutes of sex later, have all their spells back again.

So if i had the class, all the spellcasters would be all over me sooner or later XD, which is a nice mental image, and i love to support my parties, but as a caster taking all five levels would loose me 5 levels of spellcasting, which i think would hurt me too much.

ChaoticSky

*screams* well, im out, i just lost a huge chunk of her backstory.... and im not going to have time to get that rewritten, let alone finish.

Re Z L

Quote from: Darkling on October 31, 2013, 08:53:32 PM
*screams* well, im out, i just lost a huge chunk of her backstory.... and im not going to have time to get that rewritten, let alone finish.

Nooooooo!

Curse technology!
A&A

Nicolae

@Darkling: Can you paraphrase it? There's no reason for it to be as long as it was before, before the deadline. I'll be fine if you can paraphrase it now and maybe write it in later.
O/O   Ideas

Countdown0

Yeah Darkling, I'm sure we'd all be willing to help you with backstory if it meant not losing a character.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's