Computer lagging a bit...this might help

Started by Thesunmaid, May 24, 2014, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesunmaid

Just thought I would put this out there. If your not using internet explorer as your browser and you find your windows 7 running a bit laggy consider uninstalling the latest version of internet explorer 11 and go back to 8. My hubby and myself have been finding things a bit laggy and have been doing some reading. He found a few places saying that IE 11 can cause some lagging down of windows 7 in places. I just uninstalled and so far everything is loading much much quicker.

I was beginning to wonder if I had to reformat which is a huge pain in the ass and I hate doing since I have so much to re install and update(thank goodness for portable hard drives to back stuff up on) Thankfully it was just a simple uninstall of something I don't use anyway. whee :)

This might not work for every one but I thought I would mention it in case it could help someone.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Geraint

Quote from: thesunmaid on May 24, 2014, 11:19:50 AM
Just thought I would put this out there. If your not using internet explorer as your browser and you find your windows 7 running a bit laggy consider uninstalling the latest version of internet explorer 11 and go back to 8. My hubby and myself have been finding things a bit laggy and have been doing some reading. He found a few places saying that IE 11 can cause some lagging down of windows 7 in places. I just uninstalled and so far everything is loading much much quicker.

I was beginning to wonder if I had to reformat which is a huge pain in the ass and I hate doing since I have so much to re install and update(thank goodness for portable hard drives to back stuff up on) Thankfully it was just a simple uninstall of something I don't use anyway. whee :)

This might not work for every one but I thought I would mention it in case it could help someone.

IE 11 is a mess for a lot of reasons, so uninstalling it (which I've done) makes a lot of sense.

I would offer you two thoughts, however.

1.  If you have automatic updates, Microsoft may simply reinstall it with your monthly important updates, unless you use this tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40722

2.  While IE11 is problematic, IE10 is not, and offers a lot of improvements over earlier versions (including IE8, to which you apparently reverted).  If you have Windows 7 and use IE, I would suggest trying IE10.   It works very well for me.