Main Menu

He's alive!

Started by Kurzyk, June 15, 2009, 09:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzyk

The Overlord

So he was dead but he's OK now?

Kurzyk

Yes I'm curious to see how Marvel intends to bring him back. Especially from having his identity revealed and being shot several times.

consortium11

Not looking forward to it.

Marvel currently have the unique ability to take anything that's sounds good and make it suck to levels never before seen. Secret Invasion, Civil War, the Return of Captain Marvel, One More Day/Brand New Day... I could go on. The only large events that have been good over the recent years have been the cosmic ones... and I don't see Cap ending up in War of Kings...

And the current Captain America series is one of the better regular series around at the moment, and obviously that's gone... Bucky can't run around as Cap when Cap's back can he? On a positive note, Ed Brubaker is a pretty brilliant writer so I trust him to handle it... but brilliant writers have been derailed by editorial edit before.

Oh, and Joe "Dead is Dead" Quesada...

Oniya

Really, we should have seen it coming...

http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/org/swil/FILKS/filkbook1.html#37

QuoteThe Ballad of Jean Grey
Music: "MTA" by the Kingston Trio

Let me tell you of a story 'bout a woman named Jeanie
Dealt by Fate, a rotten hand.
She was piloting a shuttle; the engines blew up
But there was no place to land.

(Chorus)
But did she ever return? Yes she'll always return,
And her fate is still unlearned.
She'll come back forever in Marvel Comics,
She's the one who'll always return.

Jean ordered the X-Men to bail out of the shuttle;
She sought to keep 'em safe from harm.
She piled it in over New York Harbor -
They all thought she'd bought the farm.

(Chorus)

Phoenix rose from the water; everyone was amazed.
They were glad that Jean was okay.
Then Phoenix went Dark and D'Bari went nova;
Lilandra swore that Jean would pay.

(Chorus)

"For vengeance and D'Bari," the Empire swore,
Phoenix in her grave must lay.
Jean full of remorse found a plasma cannon,
Went and blew herself away.

(Chorus)

Now we thought that the end of Jean Grey's saga,
And well it should have been.
But Chris then started an X-Factor comic,
And Jean Grey lives again!

(Chorus)

Now ye readers of comics, don't you think it's a scandal
That characters just can't die?
Get to Claremont quick and string him up before
He gives it another try

Or else she'll always return, yes she'll always return,
And her fate is still unlearned.
She'll come back forever in Marvel Comics
She's the one who'll always return.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kurzyk

*laughs!* That's great!

Cold Heritage

Dude survived forty years frozen in ice. Getting shot up's probably not really all that lethal. But I think, if nothing else, Brubaker deserves more than the typical fanboy snark - dude's earned it by telling lots of incredible stories. This isn't Jeph Loeb or Chuck Austen or some other whipping boy du jour we're talking about.

Quote from: Kurzyk on June 15, 2009, 09:15:17 PM
Especially from having his identity revealed and being shot several times.

Steve went public years before he got shot. He unmasked himself on live television, made a grand speech, and tried to reconnect with the people by living in the rough inner city and convincing local gangs to give up their guns.

Then he teamed up with Thor to fight an Indian Shaman who could control the weather and some MIB types. You know how it goes.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Inkidu

I knew they would bring him back right after they shot him.

It's the simple truth of the matter that people will always need that hero, and plus it's kind of like trying to keep Superman dead.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.