News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Login issue...

Started by mayovagn, April 22, 2014, 09:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayovagn

I keep having to re-log. All. The. Damn. Time. This is occurring in Opera and it is preventing me totally from viewing certain pages on the site, my own ons and offs for a start is blocked from me completely.

It is not affecting my other browsers, just Opera.

Could someone else with Opera see if the same thing is occurring for them please? I just use Opera for E, nothing else. It just allows me to keep all my E stuff in one window.

Thanks.

m.

All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Renegade Vile

Greetings Mayovagn,

It sounds to me like cookies aren't being stored properly. That can be one reason why Opera seems to think you aren't logged in on some pages. It may be a brute force method, but it usually works with anything that brings program into an inconsistent state, but have you tried re-installing Opera?
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

inghippo

I've done a test on Opera and everything seems fine.
May I suggest two things?
1) logout, clear all cookies, login (I know it's annoying but this should probably be the better solution... )
2) when you log on E keep in mind that your cookie are enable for taha domain,let me explain, if you log at https://elliquiy.com you've to stay on https://elliquiy.com if you go to 208.117.11.90 you'll not be logged, because 208.117.11.90 it's a different domain then https://elliquiy.com.

Last thing, try to clear the browser cache too, just in case.

Vekseid

Quote from: mayovagn on April 22, 2014, 09:00:06 PM
I keep having to re-log. All. The. Damn. Time. This is occurring in Opera and it is preventing me totally from viewing certain pages on the site, my own ons and offs for a start is blocked from me completely.

It is not affecting my other browsers, just Opera.

Could someone else with Opera see if the same thing is occurring for them please? I just use Opera for E, nothing else. It just allows me to keep all my E stuff in one window.

Thanks.

m.

Make sure you don't have privacy enabled or cookies disabled? I use Opera for my admin account.

inghippo

just a link that show how to enable cookies on opera if you need.

How to enable cookies on opera

mayovagn

It could well have been some kind of cache issue, I had tried clearing the cache. I have ditched opera on this machine now though. I don't like how it insists on using its own DNS rather than using the system defined one.

I in the market for an alternative browser to use just for E that don't share data with my waterfox and pale moon installs. I have just been trying midori, which is okay, but doesn't have a auto re-load that I have yet found for my bookmarks. *Smiles*

Thanks for your help though folks. *nods firmly*

m.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo