What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

We just got Tales of the Abyss - haven't cracked it yet, but the manual looks promising.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Oooooh, Sabby didn't like Super Meat Boy, a game that provides the same level of challenge as old NES classics.

*gasp* :P

Inkidu

Ah, game manuals. Once a crucial staple to playing a game, it has now been relegated to something you never take out of the box. I actually blame that on a bunch of black-and-white leaflets they call manuals. It's very refreshing to see a good manual. Like The Witcher. It had a good novella heft to it.

Which brings me to my other point--of terror. I can't find anyone who will reserve the Witcher 2 for console. Only PC. Please go die you beige piece of antiquated gaming history. No one should like you anymore, you're abusive, needy, and expensive! I'm mad because it's supposed to be coming out for console.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

When I saw 2K were having a sale on Steam, I knew BioShock would come. I mean, the sale is only four days long ( a new set of games each day ), probably because there just aren't enough 2K games for a full week!

Anyway, I bought Bioshock 2 for practically nothing. I haven't gotten very far.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on April 12, 2011, 05:41:56 PM
When I saw 2K were having a sale on Steam, I knew BioShock would come. I mean, the sale is only four days long ( a new set of games each day ), probably because there just aren't enough 2K games for a full week!

Anyway, I bought Bioshock 2 for practically nothing. I haven't gotten very far.
That's kind of not right. 2K does a lot of other work for other people who might not be Steam friendly/inclined.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on April 12, 2011, 06:03:45 PM
That's kind of not right. 2K does a lot of other work for other people who might not be Steam friendly/inclined.

'twas a jest!

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on April 12, 2011, 04:26:55 PM
Ah, game manuals. Once a crucial staple to playing a game, it has now been relegated to something you never take out of the box. I actually blame that on a bunch of black-and-white leaflets they call manuals. It's very refreshing to see a good manual. Like The Witcher. It had a good novella heft to it.

Which brings me to my other point--of terror. I can't find anyone who will reserve the Witcher 2 for console. Only PC. Please go die you beige piece of antiquated gaming history. No one should like you anymore, you're abusive, needy, and expensive! I'm mad because it's supposed to be coming out for console.

This one was reasonably hefty - PS2 style manual, which means it's got the page-dimensions of an average paperback, and 48 pages, only one of which was devoted to credits.  I haven't had a game yet where I've left the manual in the box, but that's because I'm the type of person that reads cereal boxes if there's nothing else with text on it within reach.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Wolfy

Quote from: Oniya on April 12, 2011, 08:30:43 PM
This one was reasonably hefty - PS2 style manual, which means it's got the page-dimensions of an average paperback, and 48 pages, only one of which was devoted to credits.  I haven't had a game yet where I've left the manual in the box, but that's because I'm the type of person that reads cereal boxes if there's nothing else with text on it within reach.

Or, ya know, those manuals that have "Notes" pages that are just blank. :/ I mean seriously, how useless is that? lol

Wolfy

Attention Duelists!

http://www.humblebundle.com/?frozenbyte

Here's a great way for you to pick up 5 indie games and give something to Charity.

The Humble Bumble is a collection of 5 games that you get to set the price of.

Seriously, you can pay anywhere from One Penny to 500 bazillion dollars if you want.

And the best part is, the money you pay goes to Charity. (Well, it can be split up several different ways, but still.), funding organizations like child's play and the like. :D

This bundle changes every so often, so if you don't like the games offered, check back some other time to see if they've changed to something you'd like. :D

So..I just thought I'd put this out there for you guys. ^_^

consortium11

Quote from: Inkidu on April 12, 2011, 04:26:55 PM

One of my friends was insistent he was going to get the port of the Witcher for consoles...

It didn't go too well.

Wolfy

The Witcher? On Consoles? ..Hah I say!

Also, was it the Witcher, or Gothic 2 that had that fully animated sex scene?..I'm pretty sure it was Gothic...I only remember it because X-play commented on it...

Lirliel

Who where is buying the new Mortal Kombat, show of hands please. *Raises hers!*
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sabby

Only if it has an adventure mode, like Konquest.

Wolfy

I'm not..I'll be too focused on Portal 2. :D

Sabby

Portal 2 worries me... I'd check this up myself, but I'm avoiding media for most games, so I don't wanna risk it, but whats the deal with the co-op? Is it getting shoved into the main campaign but letting you play alone with AI? Or is it a separate campaign/challenge mode?

I just really hate gamings love of multiplayer lately, and I'd be really pissed to see co-op shoe horned into this :/

Nadir

I'm playing Fable 1 again, trying to gay up, but I seem to be doing something wrong. All the men I flirt with either say 'I don't get it' or 'If only I were a woman' or 'You should meet my cousin'

>:(

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on April 13, 2011, 03:44:49 AM
Portal 2 worries me... I'd check this up myself, but I'm avoiding media for most games, so I don't wanna risk it, but whats the deal with the co-op? Is it getting shoved into the main campaign but letting you play alone with AI? Or is it a separate campaign/challenge mode?

I just really hate gamings love of multiplayer lately, and I'd be really pissed to see co-op shoe horned into this :/

The Game has both a Fully Fleshed out Single Player mode, and another, seperate mode (That's the Co-Op) that is also a Fully fleshed out Story mode.

:D

Now, I haven't looked this up, but what I ASSUME is that the Story Mode (Single Player) of course picks up right where Portal 1 ended (Or a little after).

While the Co-Op takes place during "The Fall of GLaDos" where she went all bat shit insane. :D

Sabby

Quote from: Eden on April 13, 2011, 12:43:18 PM
I'm playing Fable 1 again, trying to gay up, but I seem to be doing something wrong. All the men I flirt with either say 'I don't get it' or 'If only I were a woman' or 'You should meet my cousin'

>:(

Its realistic.

And Wolfy, thats the only way a co-op game should be done.

jilorbb

I'm actually not playing anything at the moment. Any suggestions?

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on April 13, 2011, 01:29:45 PM
Its realistic.

And Wolfy, thats the only way a co-op game should be done.

I know, right? Valve knows how to do this stuff, man.

The Co-Op campaign has the basic story that you are two robots tasked with working together, because humans simply CAN'T do it, testing two portal guns that are linked, I guess.

of course, I don't know if GLaDoS will be involved or not during the Co-Op campaign.

In the single player, though..hooo-boy...One Trailer...well...I dunno if I should spoil it for sabby, soo:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
In one Trailer, it's shown that GLaDoS revives herself...she sees you, and she's all like "Oh...it's you..." with contempt in her voice. Then she says some more stuff, and she's like "Oh well, I suppose for science I can look past what you did to me and help you. You monster."

Oniya

Quote from: jilorbb on April 13, 2011, 01:30:58 PM
I'm actually not playing anything at the moment. Any suggestions?

http://www.armorgames.com has a lot of fun things, from RPGs (single and multi, I believe - I only play single) to platformers, to puzzles.

Wolfy

Oh, on the subject of pokemon black/white.

Does anyone have Pokemon Black that can lend me Tornadus until I catch Landorus? :D

Nadir

Quote from: Sabby on April 13, 2011, 01:29:45 PM
Its realistic.

Screw realism, they said you could be gay. They lied! I want some booty before my character is scarred up any more, or at least my roses and chocolate back, damnit.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on April 13, 2011, 03:30:01 AM
The Witcher? On Consoles? ..Hah I say!

Also, was it the Witcher, or Gothic 2 that had that fully animated sex scene?..I'm pretty sure it was Gothic...I only remember it because X-play commented on it...
Strangles Wolfy Homer Simpson style. They promised! D: Hell, if Id is going to consoles, The Witcher should move easily.

It was Gothic 2. The Witcher just has very erotic trading-card-game like cards.

Wyrd

Quote from: Eden on April 13, 2011, 04:33:54 PM
Screw realism, they said you could be gay. They lied! I want some booty before my character is scarred up any more, or at least my roses and chocolate back, damnit.

If you want to a gay character then Dragon Age 2 is for you!
Ragtime Dandies!