A Kingdom Captured (Males needed!)

Started by Caela, April 15, 2011, 07:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

We have, sadly, lost our Warlord. After a bit of chat with the cast it's been decided to re-open the part and, as we hadn't gotten far into the storyline, give the story a re-start.

Anyone interested in conquering a nation and wreaking havoc on it's Princess and populace while trying to bring both under their control?!  ;D

OOC here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102516.0

sleepingferret

What sort of world/setting do you need a warlord for?  I briefly glanced through your OOC thread but didn't read through everything. 

I saw fantasy type or at least medieval type characters.  But what sort of setting?

Caela

We have a warlord now but are still in need of members of the Court and followers of the Warlord himself. Lots of room for drama and intrigue!

TheGlyphstone

How would you feel about a court jester/fool, who secretly harbored a lust for the princess and/or queen of the court, but was subjected to constant mockery and abuse instead (as befitting an official fool), making him resentful and angry. When the warlord invades and captures the court, he gleefully turns his coat to the side of the invaders, offering hidden secrets about the kingdom and castle in exchange for safety and the chance to exercise his frustrations on the subjects of his fantasies?

Caela

Glyphstone, turncoats are certainly welcome!

I don't know if the Jester part would work well though. He wouldn't have seen the Princess much (no one has seen her except on her visits home from the Temple that she's lived in since she was 5) and I'm not sure what sort of secrets you would think he would have to share? If you wanted to go with the unrequited passion turning to hatred route, it may work better if he were a higher ranking member of Court. Perhaps a Count or Duke, who would have been privy to the King's inner circle and have had access to Isheth when she was home on her rare visits. In such a case he could trade State information in order to keep his own lands and titles as well as for revenge.

TheGlyphstone

I just thought a lowly servant like the court fool would be the sort of person to know everything about the castle - the secret passages, hidden chambers, and so forth.

A jealous noble works too, since the 'unrequited passion' is more important to the character than the 'jester'. Definitely a Count, someone who'd benefit greatly from a change in the status quo...maybe he's the scion of a lesser noble house that's still recovering from the disgrace of being implicated in a long-ago plot to assassinate the king (or a previous king). That'd give him additional impetus to 'join the winning side', so to speak, as well as supply fun little RP potential about blood running true in betrayal.

Caela

Let's go with it being a plot (say by his Grandfather) against the previous King. If it had been against the current one then he'd have had NO access to the King and the secrets that run through the Court, much less a chance to see the Princess lol.

Work up a Character Sheet for me and we'll go from there, but so far I am liking the idea. :D

TheGlyphstone

Alrighty then - I'll model it after the existing bios in the OOC thread, if that's the accepted format.

Caela

I'm not one to be fussy about formatting really. So long as age, an image or description, and some background and personality information are included I'm happy.

TheGlyphstone

Caela

Doesn't have to be an image. A description is fine as well.

TheGlyphstone

I like pictures, though, they help catalyze the beginning of a character...a picture is worth 1,045.826 (repeating) words, after all.

For example, this picture from DeviantArt, which I like, tells me that in a futile attempt to fill the void in his heart for the Princess, this traitorous Count is a notorious womanizer, engaging in strings of flirtations and clandestine, short-term affairs with various noblewomen, servants, and courtiers (maybe the girl in red is one of the princess's ladies in waiting, or just the latest of young daughters that has succumbed to his charms and kisses).

Caela

Well don't feel you need to rush. Find the picture you think is perfect for the man you have in your head. We are just getting the ball rolling on the IC thread and it will be easy enough to add new characters whenever you're ready.

Like the idea of all his clandestine affairs. How many daddies are pissed at him? He may have more reason than just revenge to get on the good side of the Warlord.

TheGlyphstone

Well, he'd be very careful not to 'spoil' any marriagable virgins, considering the relatively weak position of his House. There's still plenty of opportunities for other things, though, so I imagine a nice long string of broken hearts and itchy sword hands stayed primarily by a lack of proof and the fact that he's a champion duelist...which I just came up with on the spot, to explain why he hasn't already been run though on the field of honor.This is fun. :D

Caela

Smart and good with a blade are handy things when you're talking about him taking other men's wives (or mistresses) to his bed.

TheGlyphstone

Or daughters, or servants, or...etc. And beds are so over-rated these days, anyways.

Proposal: I've decided that his title is Count Fenwood, growing from his family's ancestral dominion over a particularly swampy/forested patch of land on the outskirts of the kingdom. What if the Fenwood lands were the route by which the Warlord managed to bypass the royal army and storm the capital, the count's first betrayal taking the form of guides to lead the warlord's forces through the otherwise treacherous terrain and outflanking the loyal forces?

Caela

That would be fine with me, however I would say it would be a subplot you would have to take up with Peace, the writer of our Warlord. Once you've got a full character sheet up you can pm Peace and perhaps work out more around that, such as if any reward would be forthcoming (new titles, more lands etc) but that would be a call for you two to work out for the most part.

TheGlyphstone

Okay, I'll put that on the side-burner for now. time to finish my sheet, then go to sleep too.

Caela

So, real life has stolen some of our men away and we could use a couple more. Soldiers, Priests, Court members, the field is pretty open to ideas. This is a plot driven story but there's no reason the plot can't lead you into someone's bed now and then!

More women are welcome as well (never turn away a good character!) just don't expect much in the way of sexual action until we get more men lined up!