Shipwreck RP

Started by OHWceta, April 08, 2012, 10:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

I just got back from watching the re-released Titanic and now I'm inspired to make an RP about a shipwreck. The story will play through from the start of the cruise, through the sinking, and then the survival and escape from the island they crash on. A lot of the RP will start with building friendships and relationships with fellow passengers, until the crash, then we'll have the obvious breakdown and survival of the people onboard as the disaster plays out.

It's going to be a modern day situation. The Ship has 3 room types: (And the Presidential Suite which is reserved for certain clients, currently taken.)
First Class, Very Expensive and hard to obtain. There's a small living area furnished with a couch and a recliner, with 2 bedrooms and a Bathroom, along with a mini-kitchen , being above the main deck, they have balconies. Comes in 2 or 3 bed versions* There's a TV in the living room and each bedroom. There is a closet in each room.
Second Class, The most common of the rooms. Single room with with a bathroom, and a mini-kitchen. Room is furnished with a couch and a recliner and a TV. There is a closet in the room.
3rd Class, the cheapest. Small room with 2 beds and 2 closets for personal belongings. Occupants must use the public restrooms and public cafeteria. Tickets only purchase 1 bed so occupant may have to share a room with a stranger.

*Master bedroom can come in 2 or 1 bed versions, second bedroom only has 1 bed.

Contact me if you have any comments, concerns, or complaints. Or any questions.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Chrystal

Just so long as the captain of the ship isn't an Italian, I might be interested.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

fallensaviour

but what if its the skipper...

OldSchoolGamer

Never bet against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Chrystal

Sorry, that was a bad, and slightly out of date, joke referring to events in the Mediterranean and off the Seychelles earlier this year.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

fallensaviour

i know...i was just saying wouldnt it be worse if this turned into a naughty gilligans island :P

Miyu

Interesting, I can keep a eye on it

OHWceta

Wait, what happened in the Seychelles?

Originally I was going to have it sink in the Northern passage, but I realized it,d be less interesting of an island to crash on. So depending on what you guys want, I was thinking either a terrorist bombs it (think new Poseidon movie) or have it damaged by a reef.

Which leads to another question, what region of the world do you want this cruise to be in?
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Chrystal

The Seychelles had a cruise ship from the same company of the one that sank, Costa Cruises, break down in the middle of the ocean. It was in an area where pirates are known to operate.

You could have the captain take a short cut across a reef that he forgot was there.... ;)

And how about the South China Sea? Somewhere warm!

Miyu

How about in the Caribbean there are a lot of deserted islands around

OHWceta

Unless we have objections, I,m thinking South Africa, going across the Indian Ocean.

Terrorist slams into the ship with a small explosives filled motorboat. During the confusion the other terrorists seize the ship. So not only will passengers have to escape a sinking ship, they,ll have to free themselves from their abductors.

Anyone Object?

Btw, I recommend players have multiple characters to increase the number of interactions during the setup. This will also allow character deaths without that player not being able stay in the RP if their character(s) die.

AndyZ

Only doing passengers or are staff options open as well?

Going out on a limb and guessing that seeing Titanic isn't required, although I know how it ends because I have sisters.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Chrystal

Women and children first, remember? May I suggest this be a club 18-30 type cruise? That way we don't have to worry about saving the little ones (against E's rules) nor the old folk (who have lived their useful lives anyway).

Escaping from terrorists...? Okay, are we supposed to be just ordinary young people? Because the way I see it, escaping from terrorists is a job best done by secret agents.

About the only way ordinary fold can over power terrorists is if there are a lot of ordinary folk who know they are going to die anyway and their aren't very many terrorists...

The other option would be to have some crew survive and hide and then come across the band of survivors, leading them to safety through the ventilation ducts or something...?

Frank Reshman

I'd be interested as long as terrorists aren't involved.  I don't like the idea of creating 3 characters, only to have two of them die off.  Couldn't we just as easily have it be a survival RP and have them crash on a reef or something?

Lusa

I am highly interested in this!

elfguy

I was thinking of playing an escaped fugitive, a girl trying to stay low and out of sight from the authorities. So when the crash happens, maybe she'd actually like the prospect of being stuck on the island, so she could sabotage their attempts at being rescued...

I also don't think the terrorists are needed, a large rock can sink the boat fine, altho I'm fine either way.
----

BrokenCollar

Sorry to sound dim, but what would the RP actually centre on?

Would it be the ship and then escape?

Or the survival after the crash?
Sorry to anyone I was talking too or planning an RP with. My health took a turn for the worse and am now back on my feet. Hope you all understand.

OHWceta

QuoteOnly doing passengers or are staff options open as well?
Going out on a limb and guessing that seeing Titanic isn't required, although I know how it ends because I have sisters.
Staff is open too. As GM I'm playing Captain, but hit me up if you're interested in a certain crew position.
And no, This has NOTHING to do with the Titanic other than being about a shipwreck, I just had the idea to do an RP after watching that movie and the newest version of "The Poseidon Adventure"

QuoteWomen and children first, remember? May I suggest this be a club 18-30 type cruise? That way we don't have to worry about saving the little ones (against E's rules) nor the old folk (who have lived their useful lives anyway).
Good idea, I dont have any plans for any underage characters anyways, the only possibly older characters would be certain staff members. Maybe the cutoff for oldest members be around 40ish or so because there aren't many 19 year old CEOs and this cruise has a lot of rich people on it. Though the older tycoons would likely be off on their own deck avoiding the "kids" as they would call them.

QuoteEscaping from terrorists...? Okay, are we supposed to be just ordinary young people? Because the way I see it, escaping from terrorists is a job best done by secret agents.
Well, there could be an ex cop or a military member on leave, or others with occupations that'd help. But yeah, the Terrorist to passenger/crew ratio would have the bad guys severely outnumbered. But clearly the terrorist option is unpopular with most so I'll scrap that.  I guess it depends on if we want a more action/survival thriller, or a sexy romance survival story.

QuoteI was thinking of playing an escaped fugitive, a girl trying to stay low and out of sight from the authorities. So when the crash happens, maybe she'd actually like the prospect of being stuck on the island, so she could sabotage their attempts at being rescued...
Or maybe she can be trying to find something on the ship like a vault or something, I think one or two bad guy types would work better than a group of terrorists, they could do a lot better sneaking around behind peoples' backs. Plus it'd be more about the money and information than people getting killed.

QuoteSorry to sound dim, but what would the RP actually centre on?
Would it be the ship and then escape?
Or the survival after the crash?
The RP would be kind of 3 parts, depending on what the players want, it'll start with the cruise members building friendships and relationships with one another, connecting and getting to know each other. I dont have a deffinite plan for length, mostly just when people are ready to get to the next part we'll simply, move on to the sinking (The shortest part because the overall sinking would only last hours where the cruise beforehand would have been underway a few days, and the time on the Island would be days, possibly weeks.) With the ship sunk they'll end up on the island (lifeboats and debris would float to the island) where the third part would take place, this will also be determined by player interest on how long it will go.

Xenolord

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on April 08, 2012, 11:31:17 AM
Never bet against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, god, so tactless, but SO FUNNY!

If we have this level of humor in this game, I'd like to join!

eiselmann

I'd be interested in this as well
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

OHWceta

I should have the Character creation thread up by tomorrow morning. So if the current people interested want to start writing up their bios.

Simply, I AT LEAST need a name, age, gender, appearance, and brief bio including how and why they're on the cruise (For a business meeting, pleasure, won a ticket, moving to a new country, escaping the feds, ect.)

It'd also be helpful to include Sexuality, Marital Status, and what they're looking for (Relationship, FwB, An affair, new social contacts, a business partner,  ect.)

Any additional info is up to you.

OHWceta

Character Creation is up!

Do you guys think I overdid it on my characters?  :-[  I was going through the bios and couldn't decide who I liked best or who I could stand to get rid of.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=136871.0

Chrystal

Heh, oh yeah, definitely over-done.

But that said, I've recently been involved in a discussion in the GM's lounge, all about GMs having their own "Player Character". The general consensus was that in a sandbox type game, the GM controls all the NPCs and doesn't need their own player character.

So, if we just consider all of your various characters to be some of the NPCS that you are controlling, along with the sharks, cannibals, weather, plate tectonics and sudden spurts in coral growth in the path of the ship, then actually, you probably have too few!

I kinda went for a bar stewardess, hope that's okay?

Miyu

As a gm I say Chrystal is right. You will control almost everything in the game from the npcs to the weather so yea you have a lot of work cut out for you ^^

OHWceta

Yeah, overall I cant stand just controlling the RP without being involved by having a character...or several.....actually in the RP following the same rules as everyone else.

QuoteI kinda went for a bar stewardess, hope that's okay?
Yeah that's fine.