News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Quote from: Yggdrasil on July 13, 2013, 07:52:46 PM
Excellent choice, Michi! He'll be awesome! ;D

Thank you. ^^

So now I just wait for approval?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

kckolbe

Go ahead and post it here TamaRose.  Michi, you'll very likely be fine, but the fact that you were worried got me worried.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Jag

A little confused...what was I worried about? o_O

AribethAmkiir

kckolbe

Both who to play and strangeness level.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Jag

Oh. Wasn't really worried. Just always hard to choose when I have so many favorites. >_< And I could have picked stranger. I really adore the lesser known, strange mutants.

TamaRose

FireBreather: Flame

Group Affiliation: X-Men

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 136

Eyes: Bright green

Hair: Red

Personality: Autumn is shy when you first meet her but once you get to know her she is fiesty and can be hot tempered if you piss her off. She can have a real potty mouth from working around men all of the time....but in the end she can be quite loving, caring, and a hopeless romantic even though she tries to act tough.

Species: Mutant

Sexuality: Bisexual

Arch-Enemies: None as of yet!

Nickname: Rose, Flame, and Puff the Magic Dragon.....which she hates dearly!

Powers: Regenerative Healing Factor (The ability to rapidly regenerate lost or damaged tissues, organs, and limbs, sometimes slowing or even stopping aging.)

Healing Touch (The ability to both heal and kill others.)

Fire Breath (The ability to use her mouth by breathing and exhaling at will, like a dragon.)

Skills: Hand to hand combat and Tae Kwon Do.

Hobbies: Reading, singing, painting, sketching, cats, collecting dragons, butterflies, and playing piano.

Bio: For most of Autumn's childhood everything was pretty much normal. She lived in a middle class town in Pennsylvania where her mother was an X-Ray technician at the local hospital while her father was one of the local family physicians.

School came easy to her when it came to music, art, history, literature, and biology but when it came to Math and English she had to work a lot harder to keep her grades up. Something she did a hell of a good job at since her main goal in life was to work in New York City as a Crime Scene Investigator.

Throughout her high school years she got nothing lower then a B-. Even when her mutant abilities began to show themselves her parents did the best they could to help her control and learn more about her powers while keeping her grades up, even though they all did their best to hide it from everyone else in the small town.

They were never embarrassed of her or hated her for being a mutant. Instead they told her that she was something special and that she was made the way she was so she could help others. Although, as to what her parents meant at that time she never knew nor did she ask yet, still they loved and cared for her until she was old enough to go out on her own while keeping her secret for fear of someone wanting to hurt or kill her.

~~~~~~~~~

After high school, Autumn spent 9 years in college to get her Bachelors Degree for Crime Scene Investigation in New York City. It was an odd choice when it came to career choices, seeing as government hated anything that had to do with mutants but again she hid her abilities and never let them show while anyone else was around while she did her best to do the job that she enjoyed and loved more then anything else in the world.

kckolbe

So it looks like she spent a few years with CSI.  What brought her to the X-Men?

Intro Thread

TamaRose

I was thinking that maybe some lower class mutants were turning up dead. That is if you guys can work with something like that. I don't want to step on any toes or piss anyone off.

yaracyrrah

How would the X-Men have known to contact her?

Hmm.  Maybe she had to reveal her power to save someone's life and got fired and the X-Men contacted her then.

Or maybe not.  I'm just thinking out loud :-) .

kckolbe

That actually makes a lot of sense.  In fact, that works as a GM plot.  Each character needs to submit a GM Plot for PP to possibly use down the road as well as a community canon event to tie a few players together.

GM Plot: Autumn left CSI to join the X-Men after a spree of mutant killings.  The killer, it seemed, was caught, but recently a new spree has begun.

Intro Thread

Jag

Maggot's slugs were thought to have killed some mutants, but it wasn't really them. The real killer got away. Maybe we can tie our characters together through something like that, Tama...?

Ember Star

I've got something involving the company Leola worked for. I Just havent put it together yet
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

PhantomPistoleer

Oh shit!  I didn't realize you guys still needed my approval.

I've delegated the responsibilities to volunteers in my wonderful community, and I value Aribeth's RPing abilities enough to allow her play with two Canons. :)

Blink is so obscure that it shouldn't be a problem.  It's only when people pick multiple core canon X-Men when it becomes a problem.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

Sorry, I'd forgotten you'd said only 2 canon.  I don't have to play Blink if you think that'll cause problems later on.

TamaRose

Quote from: kckolbe on July 13, 2013, 10:27:30 PM
That actually makes a lot of sense.  In fact, that works as a GM plot.  Each character needs to submit a GM Plot for PP to possibly use down the road as well as a community canon event to tie a few players together.

GM Plot: Autumn left CSI to join the X-Men after a spree of mutant killings.  The killer, it seemed, was caught, but recently a new spree has begun.

I love the idea!!! ;D

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 13, 2013, 11:11:04 PM
Sorry, I'd forgotten you'd said only 2 canon.  I don't have to play Blink if you think that'll cause problems later on.

Don't worry, Ari.  Hard for me to say no to people.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

PP: Figured as much, but didn't know how much still required manager approval.

So, Blink is approved, Maggot still needs the GM and Canon points, and Flame just needs the Canon point.

TamaRose, if you are okay with Maggot being suspected of being the criminal the first time, that would give those two a link and explain why she had to quit CSI.  They were too eager to go after him.

Michi, I think the tie-in to Flame's GM Plot Point is a good idea, but PP wants one idea from every new character.  The plot point doesn't have to actually involve the character, though.

Intro Thread

Ember Star

I'm not sure the points are even needed. PP didn't require it of me. I just said stick me where you need me IC and that is what y'all are doing.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kckolbe

I think that as the game becomes larger, tie in opportunities become more important, especially for the younger X-Men/students.  Also, who knows which proposed GM Plot Point would inspire PP with a needed plot hook or tie to an idea he already had.  Like the relationship web, I think it a necessary pain, so would like to keep them as required.

Also, TamaRose, your character will need a set of ratings, though you don't have to do those yourself if you don't want to.

Intro Thread

Jag

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2013, 02:20:33 AM
Maggot still needs the GM and Canon points, and Flame just needs the Canon point.

TamaRose, if you are okay with Maggot being suspected of being the criminal the first time, that would give those two a link and explain why she had to quit CSI.  They were too eager to go after him.

Michi, I think the tie-in to Flame's GM Plot Point is a good idea, but PP wants one idea from every new character.  The plot point doesn't have to actually involve the character, though.

Okay. I understand the GM Plot Point...not sure what the Canon Point even is. Could someone explain that to me?

Kimera

I was thinking of maybe doing an insect themed character, although not sure (perhaps something for a more spiderman themed game)

kckolbe

The canon point is simply a past event that your character was a part of that other X-Men and/or students might have also participated in.  Maybe the X-Men and Morlocks teamed up for a fight against some common foe.

If you want ideas, there are a lot of examples here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179328.0

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Kimera, depending on how insect-themed, may be possible.  We are in the human bondage section, so characters do need to be very humanoid.

Intro Thread