White Ranger vs. Scorpion

Started by SinXAzgard21, November 07, 2013, 01:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap8r3AA0PIk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUZQPsy92dpejcCJfZDbp__Q

This is a series on youtube.  There is an alternate ending to this video.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

The funniest part about this video: still better choreography than any Power Rangers fight I can recall. (Except when he had the sword. Then it got really, really awkward. Fortunate they had the sense to disarm him again pretty quick.)
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

Too bad they went with the Legacy Scorpion, instead of classic.

Sasquatch421

Meh... The series is simply a popularity contest with a fight thrown in. Some of them are halfways decent though. I do think Gambit Vs. Nightwing would be a toss up, but Batman beating Deapool? No way... I will admit it was a great looking fight...

Yukina

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on November 07, 2013, 09:50:48 PM
Meh... The series is simply a popularity contest with a fight thrown in. Some of them are halfways decent though. I do think Gambit Vs. Nightwing would be a toss up, but Batman beating Deapool? No way... I will admit it was a great looking fight...

I honestly prefer Death Battle, as they analyze the characters as opposed to a popularity contest.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on November 07, 2013, 09:50:48 PM

Popularity contest is the only reason Goku got his ass kicked in ScrewAttack  ::)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 07, 2013, 10:49:29 PM
Popularity contest is the only reason Goku got his ass kicked in ScrewAttack  ::)

It's more because Superman is created to be the ultimate Gary Stu.

Shjade

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 07, 2013, 10:49:29 PM

Yeah, no. It's because Goku gets stronger to fight stronger opponents whereas Superman starts off at "invincible."

That's not a winnable fight if you don't cheat.

Re: Batman vs. Deadpool -- eh. It's not like Batman fights to kill, so being unkillable doesn't really help Deadpool in that fight. If you throw that out the window, it's basically Batman vs. a psychotic guy with an arsenal. In other words, Batman's bread and butter.
◕/◕'s

consortium11

Quote from: Shjade on November 08, 2013, 01:25:17 AMRe: Batman vs. Deadpool -- eh. It's not like Batman fights to kill, so being unkillable doesn't really help Deadpool in that fight. If you throw that out the window, it's basically Batman vs. a psychotic guy with an arsenal. In other words, Batman's bread and butter.

*Geek mode engaged*

A psychotic guy with an arsenal who in between bouts of madness and breaking the fourth wall also happens to be one of the best assassins/bounty hunters/general badasses in the Marvel Universe... at least on the level of Slade in the DCU, and Slade's managed to beat Batman 1 on 1 when Batman *had* preparation time. Outside of his occasional contests with Deathstroke, the closest Batman comes to facing someone like Deadpool on a semi-regular basis is probably Bane... and while Deadpool lacks Bane's intellect or physical strength he does have more guns. A lot more guns. And bombs. And bazookas. And swords. And did I mention guns?

Obviously each writer handles how powerful/talented a character is differently (see both Superman and Wolverine for guys who regularly leap up and down the power charts) and with the whole "Crazy Bat God" thing, Bruce can be written to be virtually unbeatable. The version of Bruce I like isn't that though. He's the one who is arguably worse in a fight 1 on 1 then Nightwing even with prep time but succeeds because he applies his detective and strategic skills around it. I think the Batman of Rock of Ages is my personal canon (albeit it's a non-canon story); no crazy bat god, no ridiculous foresight, just an intelligent, sensible and excellent plan that allows Batman to punch well above his weight with the help of his allies, although at a great cost.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: consortium11 on November 08, 2013, 07:58:28 PM
*Geek mode engaged*

A psychotic guy with an arsenal who in between bouts of madness and breaking the fourth wall also happens to be one of the best assassins/bounty hunters/general badasses in the Marvel Universe... at least on the level of Slade in the DCU, and Slade's managed to beat Batman 1 on 1 when Batman *had* preparation time. Outside of his occasional contests with Deathstroke, the closest Batman comes to facing someone like Deadpool on a semi-regular basis is probably Bane... and while Deadpool lacks Bane's intellect or physical strength he does have more guns. A lot more guns. And bombs. And bazookas. And swords. And did I mention guns?

Obviously each writer handles how powerful/talented a character is differently (see both Superman and Wolverine for guys who regularly leap up and down the power charts) and with the whole "Crazy Bat God" thing, Bruce can be written to be virtually unbeatable. The version of Bruce I like isn't that though. He's the one who is arguably worse in a fight 1 on 1 then Nightwing even with prep time but succeeds because he applies his detective and strategic skills around it. I think the Batman of Rock of Ages is my personal canon (albeit it's a non-canon story); no crazy bat god, no ridiculous foresight, just an intelligent, sensible and excellent plan that allows Batman to punch well above his weight with the help of his allies, although at a great cost.

Batman deals with psychotic on a daily basis and honestly I'm pretty sure since DP is as dumb as bag of hammers (sorry hammers), he'd inevitably defeat himself. 

ShadowFox89

Quote from: consortium11 on November 08, 2013, 07:58:28 PM
*Geek mode engaged*

Deadpool has been physically merged with someone else and then been sneezed out. Batman can't top that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Shjade

He doesn't need to top that to beat someone who's done it. >.>

And I'm not the Bat-geek prep time he's godly blah blah type person, I just genuinely think he'd handle Deadpool. Dude's a psycho with an arsenal and regeneration. No big deal.
◕/◕'s

Sasquatch421

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 08, 2013, 09:44:04 PM
Batman deals with psychotic on a daily basis and honestly I'm pretty sure since DP is as dumb as bag of hammers (sorry hammers), he'd inevitably defeat himself.

Deadpool has outsmarted Skrull scientists and even managed to outwit Norman Osborn...

Quote from: Shjade on November 09, 2013, 02:01:42 AM
He doesn't need to top that to beat someone who's done it. >.>

And I'm not the Bat-geek prep time he's godly blah blah type person, I just genuinely think he'd handle Deadpool. Dude's a psycho with an arsenal and regeneration. No big deal.

He's beat Logan on different occasions, taken down skrull units and beat a Super-Skrull by making the plan up as he went along. Weapon loadout can change from time to time, but unless he has to take a back up pair, Wades swords are adamantium. One must never forget the short range teleporter DP loves to cart around. I remember Deadpool taking on the Taskmaster and going toe to toe. He's also one of the top fighters in the Marvel Universe...

SinXAzgard21

Okay, you guys can take the batman vs. deadpool to another thread.  I posted the video because I knew there were some PR fans on here. 

ShadowFox89

Problem with White Ranger vs Scorpion is the same as Goku vs Superman. Scorpion has several incarnations (across different media) where his power level varies. White Ranger has one incarnation, where he isn't the main character (despite what we all wanted when we were kids) because he's supposed to be working on a team. White Ranger can't, and isn't supposed to, win against someone like Scorpion who is by writing design a character that should be able to always fight on his own. It's just two different genres (super sentai/team and fighting game) that put them at a mismatch.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SinXAzgard21

I really think you are over thinking this.

ShadowFox89

Me? Overthink something? Never. I never overthink anything or overexplain to the point of defeating my own argument. :P

Blue text is typically considered sarcasm, by the way. I'm fully aware of my tendency to overthink something.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chris Brady

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 07, 2013, 11:03:53 PM
It's more because Superman is created to be the ultimate Gary Stu.
Incorrect, Superman got TURNED into the ultimate Gary Stu.  He was never supposed to be.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Yukina

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 09, 2013, 04:56:58 PM
Incorrect, Superman got TURNED into the ultimate Gary Stu.  He was never supposed to be.

Correction acknowledged. I remember when he wasn't able to fly.

Sabby

I just love how the conversation is still about super heroes, when the opening poster has asked us to discuss Mortal Kombat and Power Rangers.

I'd love to see Cyrax vs Black RPM Ranger. They're both cyborgs.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sabby on November 09, 2013, 05:15:07 PM
I just love how the conversation is still about super heroes, when the opening poster has asked us to discuss Mortal Kombat and Power Rangers.

I'd love to see Cyrax vs Black RPM Ranger. They're both cyborgs.

I tried discussing it, then got told I was overthinking things  :P

Ninja storm vs Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Noob Sabot.
Call me Shadow
My A/A