Old Salem (Closed)

Started by RainbowRian, March 12, 2013, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nim

Name: Jonothan Crane.   Its the name he takes after suffering from a blow to the head which causes a form of functional amnesia.  His true name is Nythaniel Newlund  (called Nate by those who know him particularly his estranged wife Kenna)
Occupation: Hunter/tracker, Fur/hide trader including cureing and caring for hides in preparation for leather work which he also has a fair hand at. 
Sect: Solitary
Orientation: Straight
Hair: Long dark brown eyes
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'8"
Appearance:  See pic to the left.  Has the same general look without the earring and blond streak

Abilities:
1. Enhanced Regeneration : The ability to heal rapidly from injury.  With his rapid healing he is able to heal from nearly any and all injury's with the exception of loosing a limb.  He simply wouldn't be able to grow back a whole new limb.  toes or fingers possibly but not his whole hand, feet, arms or legs.  Nor could it cure him of amnesia should he ever be struck in the head hard enough. 

2. Light Manipulation: The ability to generate, manipulate, and absorb light particles.  With this ability he is able to create pretty convincing illusions.  Although the more people who are looking at these illusions the more difficult it becomes to maintain their strength and integrity.

Personality:  Is very personable and makes friends or acquaintances easily.  Which comes in handy with his line of work.  Often quirky with a very good sense of humor.  While yet retaining a certain air of privacy and mystery about him.  Not one to lend his full trust easily but is more or less willing to give people the benefit of the doubt until they are proven to be other than they seem.  These are all personality traits which he maintains even after suffering a blow to the head which causes him to suffer from his functional amnesia.   

History:  Nythaniel Newlund had settled into Salem with his new wife Kenna after building a home large enough for them to eventually one day have a family.  Kenna's parents had also moved in with them for a time while they waited to either build another home or find one for sale somewhere in town.  Nythaniel lived a very happy life with his beloved wife whom he loved more than life itself.   Tragically their magical life came to a sudden halt when one afternoon Salem was struck by one of the strongest thunder storm it had ever seen. 

Nythaniel along with his father in law had bee out in the forest cutting wood to take back to the house when the storm suddenly blew in out of nowhere.  The wind and rain beat upon them driving the two men in the opposite direction of their home deeper and deeper into the forest.  As they were wandering his father in law suddenly dropped from sight with a scream of surprise.  Running up to see what had happened Nythaniel fell into the same whole which dropped him about 30 feet to the hard stone floor below.  They had fallen into a cavern which had laid below the fragile surface of the earth which his father in law had broken through as they had been running through the forest. 

Nythaniels broken leg healed completely and properly within the 2 day period in which he laid unconscious on the floor of the cave.  As did the wound on his forehead which had struck against a large boulder as he had crumpled from the impact.  It was this hard blow which had caused his functional form of amnesia meaning he still knew how to hunt, read and write as well as having access to his abilities which came as small revelations at first but he quickly learned how to utilize his ability to manipulate light.  The man was confused as he sat up from the cold hard stone floor of the cavern.  Getting on his hands and knees he unsteadily stood and looked up far above him to catch a glimpse of a full moon.  Although the light barely even filtered down through the trees let alone doing anything to illuminate his surroundings.  Still looking up he took a couple of stumbling steps and tripped over something which gave slightly under his feet. 

In his surprise his abilities acted seemingly of their own accord though it had truly been his wish for light which made a bright orb of light about 6 inches in diameter appear 6 feet above his head.  In the sudden light the man saw what had tripped him and with a startled yelp he scrambled away from the crumpled form of the dead man whom was his father in law though he had no memory of who the man might be.  Nearly a day later after he had buried the man under a pyre of stones Nythaniel stumbled out of the mouth of a cave in the side of a small hill.  He had no way of knowing that his total journey through the woods during the storm then later through the elaborate cave system had taken him nearly 75 miles from his  home in Salem.  Nor did he even truly know if or where he had a home let alone what his name might have been.

Shortly after finding his way out of the cave system the man with no name found a road which he began to woodenly follow after he had felled a rabbit with a stone while it was blinded by the bright blast of light he had sent towards it.  Finding a good place to build a fire just off the road he settled down to do just that.  As he was cooking his meager fare a couple of traders came up the road in their wagon.  Not long after meeting them and telling them his strange story the man found himself riding in the back of the wagon heading into the next town with his new friends who had decided to call him Jonothan Crane since he simply could not go around without a name. 

Three years later Jonothan rides into Salem in the seat of his wagon.  The back full of furs and hides which he hopes to trade or sale for supplies as he makes his way across the country side.  The man had become restless and felt an urge to travel.  He was seeking for something or perhaps someone but he had no idea who or what he was seeking.  He simply knew that whatever or whoever it was it they or it had to be found.  Suddenly as he is riding through town his nose detects the distinct smell of freshly baked bread.  Calling his team of two horses to a halt he looks to the right and sees a bakery.  Its like a siren call the desire that suddenly fills his heart to go in and get some fresh bread and perhaps a nice pastry or two.  His hair is much longer than it used to be and for the moment he is sporting a light mustache and tuft of beard on his chin.  Leaping off of the front seat of the wagon Jonothan hitches his team to a near by post and ambles over to the bakery where he stands for a long moment simply gazing in the window at great wealth of goodies just waiting to be bought. 

Relationships: Married to Kenna Newlund.  Although when he first comes back to town he is still suffering from the functional amnesia which he has suffered from for the past 3 years. 

RainbowRian

Approved here.  Remind me after work to post.

Nim

Coolies thanks!  Does that mean I can go ahead and have Nythaniel show up in Salem?

RainbowRian

Yes it does.  You can actually go ahead and post him as approved for me if you'd like.  I can hash out the cosmetics later.

Adrianna Paige

Name: Angelique Blackwell
Sect: coven
Orientation: straight
Hair: straight, long light blonde hair
Eyes: steel grey
Height: 5ft6
Appearance:
Abilities:Psychic Navigation: The ability to track a person or an object with one’s mind as well as the ability to create a mental map of an area. Dream Manipulation: The power to enter, manipulate, project, alter, and control dreams of others or yourself. The user can also modify, suppress, fabricate, influence, manifest, sense, and observe dreams as well as nightmares, daydreams, etc. Sometimes the user can even unlock their hidden powers but this will exhaust her powers for almost the entire day as she has to use her own energy to unlock them before they are ready to come out on their own. The user can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming, and promote spiritual/emotional healing within dreams.
Personality: She is a bright, creative, playful girl who doesn't like to be serious unless she has to be. She has no problem saying what needs to be said if it will get the person's attention and help them to change. She is loyal to those she holds dear to her and will protect them by any means possible.   
History: Angelique is an only child who was raised in a stable home by her grandparents on her mother's side.  Her magical lineage goes farther back than anyone knows or can trace on her mother's side. However, the lineage on her father's side cannot be found at all.  Her mother practiced white magic and it was thought that her father did as well but, in truth, he practiced dark magic in secret until he was slowly consumed by his thirst for more which led to a horrible accident involving magic gone wrong.  Angelique doesn't know exactly what went on that horrible night when her parents were killed. For the sake of Angelique's well being she was simply told that her parents were practicing magic that quickly got out of control and and killed them. However,  those that are very old and powerful in the coven know the full truth behind what happened. There is concern as to whether or not Angelique possesses the same dark magics that her father had and speculate that they lay dormant within her.
Relationships: single
"True intimacy is a human constant. People of all types find it equally hard to achieve, equally precious to hold. Age, education, social status, make little difference here; even genius does not presuppose the talent to reveal one's self completely and completely absorb one's self in another personality. Intimacy is to love what concentration is to work: a simultaneous drawing together to attention and release of energy."

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

RainbowRian

Quote from: Adrianna Paige on May 03, 2013, 10:48:44 PM

Name: Angelique Blackwell
Sect: coven
Orientation: straight
Hair: straight, long light blonde hair
Eyes: steel grey
Height: 5ft6
Appearance:
Abilities: power absorption:The power to steal some or all of the powers from others and make them one’s own. However, this is temporary and the victims naturally regain their lost power. She only need to touch the person to obtain it AND she also obtains a weakness from that player too. Dream Manipulation: The power to enter, manipulate, project, alter, and control dreams of others or yourself. The user can also modify, suppress, fabricate, influence, manifest, sense, and observe dreams as well as nightmares, daydreams, etc. Sometimes the user can even unlock their hidden powers but this will exhaust her powers for almost the entire day as she has to use her own energy to unlock them before they are ready to come out on their own. The user can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming, entrap people in REM, and promote spiritual/emotional healing within dreams.
Personality: She is a bright, creative, playful girl who doesn't like to be serious unless she has to be. She has no problem saying what needs to be said if it will get the person's attention and help them to change. She is loyal to those she holds dear to her and will protect them by any means possible.   
History: Angelique is an only child who was raised in a stable home by her grandparents on her mother's side.  Her magical lineage goes farther back than anyone knows or can trace on her mother's side. However, the lineage on her father's side cannot be found at all.  Her mother practiced white magic and it was thought that her father did as well but, in truth, he practiced dark magic in secret until he was slowly consumed by his thirst for more which led to a horrible accident involving magic gone wrong.  Angelique doesn't know exactly what went on that horrible night when her parents were killed. For the sake of Angelique's well being she was simply told that her parents were practicing magic that quickly got out of control and and killed them. However,  those that are very old and powerful in the coven know the full truth behind what happened. There is concern as to whether or not Angelique possesses the same dark magics that her father had and speculate that they lay dormant within her.
Relationships: single

Here are my notes:

Seamstress.  If she does this professionally, she and Mr. Binx would know each other and perhaps she would work with him or for him

I do not like the power absorption simply because I do not agree with being able to steal another's powers and leave them defenseless.  If the other gms disagree with me we can all discuss it but its not something I feel is needed.

I do like dream manipulation except for trapping someone in their REM cycles.

Everything else I like.

Adrianna Paige

not a problem. I will modify the post and change the power...
"True intimacy is a human constant. People of all types find it equally hard to achieve, equally precious to hold. Age, education, social status, make little difference here; even genius does not presuppose the talent to reveal one's self completely and completely absorb one's self in another personality. Intimacy is to love what concentration is to work: a simultaneous drawing together to attention and release of energy."

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

RainbowRian

If you want, you can keep the power until nim and cleo chime in. im not the final decision.

Adrianna Paige

Yeah...I think I will wait. The power absorption isn't permanent. She doesn't get to keep the power forever and the other person does regain it.  I tried to balance it out by saying she also acquires a weakness.

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

RainbowRian

I know and that was good, but you may be asked to change it to power mimicry or something.  taking powers from a witch would not go smoothly.

Adrianna Paige

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 03, 2013, 11:47:49 PM
I know and that was good, but you may be asked to change it to power mimicry or something.  taking powers from a witch would not go smoothly.

I completely understand. :)
Did you like the rest of it?

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

RainbowRian

Yes.  The rest was good.

Here is the list of powers you could use if you need ideas.

Power Detection : The ability to sense another’s gifts.
Enhanced Regeneration : The ability to heal rapidly from injury
Environmental Adaptation: The ability to adapt to the environment
Enhanced Strength:  The ability to exert great strength from their muscles
Enhanced Smell: The ability of enhanced smell
Enhanced Hearing: The ability of enhanced hearing
Aura Reading:  The ability to see the auras of others.
Psychic Navigation: The ability to track a person or an object with one’s mind as well as the ability to create a mental map of an area.
Psychometry: The ability to perceive to the residual information of an object by touching it
Telepathy: The ability to mentally receive and transmit information.
Cloaking: The power to hide objects/subjects from optical sight.
Projected Thermography: The ability to imprint marks onto surfaces without the need of scribing tools.
Telekinesis: The ability to manipulate objects with the mind
Light Manipulation: The ability to generate, manipulate, and absorb light particles
Darkness Manipulation: The ability to summon, create, and manipulate shadows
Aural Manipulation: The ability to manipulate the subtle luminous radiation that surrounds a person or object
Sound Manipulation: The ability to create and manipulate sound and sound waves
Smoke Manipulation: The ability to manipulate smoke
Earth Manipulation: The ability to control, shape and generate earth, including sand, stone, rock, lava, dirt, glass, metal, and other minerals
Ice Manipulation: The ability to reduce the kinetic energy of atoms and reduce temperature, combined with the ability to control, generate, or absorb ice.
Electromagnetism Manipulation: The ability to manipulate electromagnetic fields, producing a variety of effects.

Adrianna Paige

ooh! I like the Psychic Navigation!

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

RainbowRian

cool right! lol I like the psychometry and projected thermography too.

Nim

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 03, 2013, 11:47:49 PM

mimicry/or could put more limitations on how much of the power she actually steals and harsher effects on herself... only so that she would really think twice about trying to steal someones powers.  Then again she would also have to keep in mind the the effect of the Three fold law.  which basically states you get out of life what you put into it.  Not to mention the fact the reaction of those who's powers she steals when she's back to her own self. 

hmmmm but it seems my mini book has gone for naught.. lolz

Anyway I really do like the rest of the character.  She was well thought out.   ;D

Adrianna Paige

I think I'm going to switch it to Psychic Navigation..."I'm going to hunt you down" takes on a whole new meaning! ;)

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

Adrianna Paige

Nim, are you alright with all aspects of the Dream Manipulation?

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

RainbowRian

Quote from: Adrianna Paige on May 04, 2013, 12:12:25 AM
I think I'm going to switch it to Psychic Navigation..."I'm going to hunt you down" takes on a whole new meaning! ;)

It does.

Nim

Quote from: Adrianna Paige on May 04, 2013, 12:12:25 AM

uh oh.... there goes the neighborhood... lolz.  Just playing it should be rather interesting. 

Yes for the most part I liked all the parts of the  Dream Manipulation except maybe the part about being able to trap people in REM sleep.  In theory it might be interesting to think about but in a group RP some might consider that a form of Godmodding. 

Adrianna Paige

i will remove that part. I'm not trying to do "Godmodding".

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

Adrianna Paige

ok. It is modified so all should be okay now. I hope.

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

RainbowRian

Nim

Angelique Blackwell meets my approval as well.   ;D

Hail and welcome to Old Salem Adrianna!!!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Nim on April 30, 2013, 02:37:35 AM
Name: Jonothan Crane.   

Drools over Johnny depp for a moment~ sorry...just got to reading the newest profiles hehe

RainbowRian

Everytime I read post worth him in it I hear Johnny depp