[NC] (Pathfinder) Non-Traditional System Game

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, November 26, 2010, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'm thinking of starting up a Pathfinder game, but not the typical adventure style game. I don't have the time in my personal life to write adventures, but I can play DM Referee on the spot pretty easily. I want a game that requires relatively little moderation, and I'll probably get someone I trust to help me run the game."

"A few things, however, I need someone who is familiar with Pathfinder (not just 3.5), both fluff and crunch (preferably someone I can speak to over IM). I need to learn the system a little better, and I pay close attention to detail, so I want to get to know the world. Also, if I run this game, I will do whatever I can to ensure it doesn't just die, which means I want people who post often, preferably ones who will post a couple of times a day (when their characters are really active in a scenario). However, I will expect at least once a week (with some leeway if you aren't really involved). I will be lenient with people who give warnings, but people should expect me to occasionally take the reigns and steer characters out of the story if that's what's necessary to keep it moving."

"I don't yet know what the plot will be, and it will be open to both combat and sex. So, let me know if you're interested in a more open-world style system game, and if any of you have an interest in helping me learn a little about the world."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

RubySlippers

I'll play if the starting level is not too high.

Callie Del Noire

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'm really not sure how I'll run levels, maybe I'll use a level range, like I said, I don't plan on running an adventure. Just a game, in which the rules and world are based on Pathfinder. Playing a more natural, free-flowing game, and trying to create the feel of a fantasy adventure style society, maybe with a political or war oriented plot. I'd like to see input on what people might find interesting in this more unorthodox style of DnD RP."

Lyell

This sounds like it would fit better with White Wolf's (VtM/Werewolf) system. Just giving my two cents.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The only way I can think to respond without being curt is to say that I'm not interested in that system."

Lyell

When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Black Howling

I'm very familiar with both 3.5 and Pathfinder. Depending on how far you plan to detract it from the system rules, I might be interested in joining. If I have to learn a whole new slew of tweaks then it would take too much time, but just using the theory along with skills to give a basic judge of our capabilities would be fine with me.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I might house rule a piece here or there, especially given the lack of mapping, and the forum format, but the character creation system will likely stay pretty much full Pathfinder rules. Probably 20 point buy, though I may allow people to play things that are weaker or stronger as I want the game to have more of a, living life in the Pathfinder world sort of feel, rather than a party delving dungeons feel."

"Notably, I have at least one friend interested, plus one who might when he has internet, and a girlfriend that plays DnD who might."

RubySlippers

I'm not a huge point buy fan but 20 is decent for a "not overly heroic" person but capable. Not sure what I'd run but the system has ample options.

Black Howling

Count me in then. I have experience with point buys, and these non-traditional style games. It's the main thing I run considering my table top groups interest. Subscribing to the thread now. ;)

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Alright, I might be a little slow in starting things up, I keep myself rather busy with things here and there, but even when I'm busy, I often have time to check in on E, so when the game's in swing, I'll be watching it."

"Black, if you have an IM program, send me a PM with it. It'll help me learn a bit if I have someone who knows the setting and the rule changes from 3.5. I've read enough to get some of them, but I want to be sure I'm thorough, and I don't really know anything about Golarion."

Black Howling

I wasn't aware we gonna use Golarion, but I'm well read on the setting, and have the campaign guide as well. ^^"

I have YIM, and can speak with you in depth about it there if you wish. I'll send you the addy over PMs.

Zhu Que

Beats head with 'The Icewind Dale Trilogy', the lets out frustrated groans.

"My Dragon... You know you can count me in... If my brain gets out of stand-by mode... Just keep bugging me and my brain will register it sooner or later."

Grins, then sighs.

"I've been looking over the stuff you showed me, and I have several ideas already. Just keep telling me I'm cute, even when I seem lost, and eventually I'll settle in and know what I'm doing."

Hugs the dragon tightly, then looks stubborn.

"You know you can always run stuff by me if you ever need the help... I've evolved since the 'Evil' time... I think... Plus, it will give us something new to talk about... Oh, can I finally play something that is not like Willow, Lenkai, V.V. or like Maltkira, V.V., Willow, and Ai?... I think I'm done with the not quite 'pretty' ones and the healers (actually, I love being the healer, but I do it all the time, lol)... Maybe a rogue or something..."

Waves at the others who are interested in the game.

"I hope that we all get along and enjoy the game... I am told that I am quite charismatic and easy to get along with when I'm not being bitchy (I like to think I've outgrown that though)... Also, I am pretty flexible.. when it comes to characters... I play male or female (or genderless as I've learned from last characters, lol), and I am quite content playing near any class.."

"I am looking forward to collaborating with all of you on this game... Yay, I love using that word, its just lost on my friends most the time... E is likely one of the very few places I can use an extensive vocabulary... The sad thing is, my nine year old and thirteen year old nieces are ones who understand that vocabulary, over some friends that are slightly older than me..."

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Okay, my dear, I understand. I have some work to do this week, on my book and on my real life DnD campaign, but I will eventually work on trying to learn about Golarion and get ideas going."

Black Howling

No real rush, I figure. The group, if interested, will be here when you get going. I know I'll be keeping a spot on my roster open, and my eyes set here for when it comes about.

ManyMindsManyVoices

(Hey, people here, I decided to redo this idea differently, so if you want to see the beginnings of my new idea, check this thread, I am locking this one.)