No clue what I want

Started by Hunter, May 27, 2006, 01:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

I had something else posted here but now I'm not sure that I know what I'm looking for.
(Sorry.)

King_Furby

Just saying you might want to get your Ons and Offs thread in your sig if you made one. And if not i would go make one so that way people can see what you are into and you might find an RP easier that way.

You might get more bites having one then you would not having one.

Elvi

Having an on's and off's thread should not make any difference.
There is too much stock being taken by those threads, it's not a super market shelf for people to browse and pick something nice up, it is there just as a reference.

Before we had that section, we all roleplayed and all managed very well without it, because we talked and discussed our role plays and what we liked and didn't like.

Now?
Now, it seems that everyone is demanding that others have that little list before they will even contemplate thinking about talking to them.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Elvi

Lets do it the old way shall we Hunter?

Whats your current mood?

King_Furby

Quote from: Elvi on May 27, 2006, 02:16:19 PM
Having an on's and off's thread should not make any difference.
There is too much stock being taken by those threads, it's not a super market shelf for people to browse and pick something nice up, it is there just as a reference.

Before we had that section, we all roleplayed and all managed very well without it, because we talked and discussed our role plays and what we liked and didn't like.

Now?
Now, it seems that everyone is demanding that others have that little list before they will even contemplate thinking about talking to them.

Elvi i do not think everyone is demanding that others have a list. I did not demand anything of the sort of anyone ever here on this forums. I just gave a suggestion and it is completly up to Hunter if he wants to make one. It is also true that an Ons and Offs thread could give someone inspiration to suggest an idea to someone.

yes i agree there are some that are causing flame wars over an Ons and Offs thread but i have not. I just wonder if your reply there (the one i quoted) was about me or if you were talking about other people in general. Please clarify what you meant there. Thank you

Elvi

Furby it was a general observation.
If I were directing at you I would have said so.

It wasn't even about the incident you referred to elsewhere, it's about my opinion on something that is (or seems to be being) used as an alternative to conversation and discussion.

I have seen one player say in his on's and off's thread that he felt pressurised into making one.
I have seen another player, trying to help by throwing suggestions at another player, only to be brushed asside because "she should have read their on's and off's before suggesting them".
Another being told that if they had an on's and off's thread that the other player 'may' take a look and 'may' see if they were suitable to their 'requirements'
And yourself suggesting that roleplay would be easier if they displayed their wears.

As I have said it gives me the feeling that they are being used in the wrong manner and it makes little warning bells in my head begin to tinkle.

King_Furby

Ok thanks for making that clear Elvi. But since that one post earlier was right after mine it did look like you were directing it at me. So that was why i asked to make sure..becasue it is never fun to misunderstand what someone has said and then feel bad.

I was not guilty of any of the behavior mentioned so that was why i asked.

No big deal i am glad your cleared that up for me.

Elvi

Well I was discussing the content of your post, so in that way it was directed at you as the writer of that post.
But there was no censure in it, I wasn't saying Furby if you suggest the on's and off's thread one more time I will take out your batteries.

I was saying Hunter should not feel that he MUST have an on's and off's thread, if he doesn't want to, because it should not effect him getting roleplays or discussing ideas.

After all, I may find someone has an on for "ferret fettling" and think I have found my dream partner, but if they can't write, then what have I achieved in asking them to play?
I much prefer reading some of their work and feeling comfortable with them than judgeing them by a list.

King_Furby

Alrighty thanks for making yourself more clear for me.

Hunter

Quote from: Elvi on May 27, 2006, 02:17:25 PM
Lets do it the old way shall we Hunter?

Whats your current mood?

I dunno.  Melancholy and depressed, perhaps.

Elvi

Then you need something that will be uplifting and possibly light hearted? Farsical even?

Hunter

Quote from: Elvi on May 27, 2006, 03:06:25 PM
Then you need something that will be uplifting and possibly light hearted? Farsical even?

I suppose.

Elvi

*feels all depressed too now........*

Hunter

Lovelynice

Quote from: Elvi on May 27, 2006, 02:54:33 PM
After all, I may find someone has an on for "ferret fettling" and think I have found my dream partner, but if they can't write, then what have I achieved in asking them to play?

At least you would know that they're your dream partner and you could have wonderful discusssions about "ferret fettling" :)

Everyone needs to work on the solution and stop the nagging, so I posted this
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5750.new#new
Bisexual
Submissive (very rare switch)

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Lovelynice

Quote from: Hunter on May 27, 2006, 03:04:21 PM
I dunno.  Melancholy and depressed, perhaps.

Perhaps play melancholy game then? Dystopic future, wartime past, some melancholy era or a genre that tends to it?

We can get excited about being melancholy and despressed too ;)
Bisexual
Submissive (very rare switch)

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Elvi

Quote from: Hunter on May 27, 2006, 03:34:32 PM
Sorry.  *sighs*

No problem Hunter, but it's hard to try and think of a way in which to help when we only get one or two word answers and when I'm not exactly feeling full of life and zest myself.

*LOL*
How about a romance on London bridge?
If it doesn't work yourself and your roleplay partner could just hurl themselves off?

NikitaFirestar

*can't help but giggle* That -would- be depressing...
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Hunter