A Sampler Plate of Half-Baked Ideas

Started by Avis habilis, April 06, 2009, 01:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avis habilis

Here's a rundown of the wool I'm gathering these days. If you're interested, or if any of these make you say "what the hell does that mean", please feel free to PM me & let me know what you think - chances are, you know as well as I do. Maybe better! (Here's a link to my ons & offs list for reference.) Each of these would involve a M/F character pairing. (Any & all genders of writer welcome.)

Vengeance in Ten Moves - kung-fu action

Something along the lines of "Mystery of Chess Boxing" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199813/), maybe in a modern setting. The dread Ghostface Killer is knocking off old enemies and rivals one by one. Only the student(s) of an enigmatic chess hustler can put an end to the reign of terror by combining their skills to break GFK's five elements kung-fu - before it gets used on the chess hustler! If updated, would probably be set in D.C. just because that's the only really big city I know well enough to do convincingly.

There are a couple of ways to split the parts: both could play students, or one Ghostface Killer/the chess hustler & one the student. (Speaking for myself, white-haired bride version of GFK = rowr!)

Avis habilis

Added a plot; made a small change to a title.

Morgana

Please check your PMs on the Rte 50 idea.  And yeah, the Arlington County Jail is a pain.

Avis habilis

Removed used ideas, added the germ of a new one.

Avis habilis

Added a new idea, realized that I hadn't pointed out that the one I added on Sept 1 is gone already.

Morgana

Avis habilis

Added a plot, tagged them all with genres.

Avis habilis

Morgana

Sounds...familiar.  Lol.  Will be getting back into this soon.