War on Mythos [Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors-like, Freeform]

Started by MzHyde, December 30, 2013, 01:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

-The Premise-
Welcome to a fantasy twist on Dynasty Warriors! The continent of Mythos has always been rife with conflict, but the flames of full-on war have always been kept at bay by a single man; Tiberius Septimus, "The God King". Rumored to be an immortal, survivor of multiple assassination attempts, conflicts, battles, and adventures. He united Mythos under a single banner, ushering in an age of peace that has lasted over five thousand years. Seemingly ageless, Tiberius sat the throne for all that time with hardly a challenge to his rule. He was beloved.

Now he's dead.

The God King lay slain in his throne room, literally stabbed in the back by his most trusted advisers. His blood had hardly cooled before utter war broke out across the land. The twelve regions of Mythos were at the mercy of various warlords that have long been vying for power. The vacuum of power left behind by The God King needed filling and anyone with an army and a sword was willing to make a try for it. For the first time in nearly five thousand years, chaos reigns.

-The Game-
This will be a freeform game. You can play any type of character you like, from a concubine to a soldier, all the way up to a warlord. Interact with others as you wish; lust, love, sadness, betrayal, warfare, diplomacy! The story is yours to create. Do you want to explore and see what's out there? Go for it. Want to rally the troops and try to conquer the land? Do it with sword in hand. Want to be a loyal retainer to a ruthless warlord? Yes, master! This will be a large game so there will be (hopefully) many players to interact with, many things going on, and always some new lore to either experience or develop yourself. We can make this land as detailed as we chose. If prose isn't your thing and you're thinking of warfare, we can do that too. Battles can be resolved through OOC discussion, voting, or a roll of the dice bot. I only have one rule; if you are interacting with someone and their progress depends on you, you must post at least once every four days. Failure to do so will result in your character being at the mercy of others!  Check below for descriptions of the land and a sample character profile!

The Regions
1. Crescent Cape: Site of an old kingdom, this region is dotted with plenty of ruins. Ancient keeps and castles dot the rolling hills and plentiful coast lines. Even more surprises await explorers within their depths. The Cape is one of the largest trade hubs on Mythos and it's capitol of Seahaven is a mecca for merchants and traders. The Cape's war-torn history provides a benefit in it's massive wall that blocks off any over land route save through it's massive central gate which is guarded night and day. Crescent Cape is ruled by a human lord.

2. Fovoham Plains: Fovoham and Miella Plains were once a united region called The Green Sea. Their elven rulers kept the peace with a carefully balanced council. When The God King fell, chaos erupted in the council, driving a wedge into it and splitting it firmly into two camps. Battle lines were soon drawn and the people of The Green Sea were divided, all because their leaders couldn't come to an agreement. The people of Fovoham and Miella are nomadic by nature, expert traders, horse riders, and archers. They are often called 'Sun Elves', because of their tanned skin.

3. Miella Plains: Fovoham and Miella Plains were once a united region called The Green Sea. Their elven rulers kept the peace with a carefully balanced council. When The God King fell, chaos erupted in the council, driving a wedge into it and splitting it firmly into two camps. Battle lines were soon drawn and the people of The Green Sea were divided, all because their leaders couldn't come to an agreement. The people of Fovoham and Miella are nomadic by nature, expert traders, horse riders, and archers. They are often called 'Sun Elves', because of their tanned skin.

4. Granbriar: The mountainous north eastern region of Granbriar has always been home to the dwarves because, frankly, no other race can sustain themselves there. The mountains are harsh and have forged the dwarves into a hardy people. They have carved out a network of strongholds in and around the mountains. These strongholds can be dug so deep and so complex that some sections have lain undisturbed for hundreds of years. The mountains are rich with minerals and have provided the dwarves with some of the best weapons and armor on the continent. Granbriar is ruled by a council of the four richest dwarven families.

5. Lede: Once the seat of power of The God King himself, Lede is a perfect mixture of rolling plains, verdant meadows, and clear blue waters. It's capitol, Grandwell, is one of largest cities on Mythos. Lede is a massive trade hub and merchants from all over the continent journey to it's rich cities daily. With the death of The God King, however, the palace is in anarchy. Peace is only held within the cities and capitol by the few remaining generals brave enough to take charge.

6. Tidepool: Certainly the moistest of all the regions in Mythos, it is actually less known for it's lakes and more known for it's ley lines. Ley lines are hidden conduits of magic that run under the ground all across the planet. Many of these lines converge in Tidepool and in it's capitol city of Vos. Tidepool has more or less always existed in a sort of autonomous state. The cities, with their plentiful fish, fresh water, and easy access to magic, have been self-sustaining. The closest it has to leadership is The Mage's College, which is really the only organized body in the region.

7. The Sword Coast: "The Sword Coast" became this region's official name by default. It has long been a haven for the dregs of society; thieves, smugglers, pirates, mercenaries and the like all make their homes here. The few towns are mostly on the cost, as much of the land is dotted with thick forests. The land is more or less lawless, with individual towns being more or less ruled by the most successful or powerful merchants, thieves, or mercenary troupe. If you need anything, it can be found on The Sword Coast.

8. Westfall: Westfall is unique in it's complete lack of uniqueness. It is a simple land, an equal mixture of plain and forest. It is a place that welcomes all races and, somehow, despite a mixture of cultures (or perhaps because of it) has been relatively untouched by strife or war. Westfall is ruled by a council of representatives from each race - except for the demons.

9. Orrenstadt: The deep valleys and high peaks of Orrenstadt have long been home to creatures less welcome in polite culture. It is populated with numerous tribes. Harpies, lizard men, minotaurs, goblins, and other creatures crudely refer to as "monsters". Exiled by the more civilized and intelligent races, these forsaken creatures have made a stronghold of sorts in Orrenstadt. Were one to venture deep enough into the mountains, they might stumble upon Zu, a massive fortress city built into an ancient castle. It is here that most of the intelligent monster races make their home.

10. South Dunwhal:
What was once known simply as Dunwhal has now been split in two. Much like The Green Sea, the land was quickly divided when The God King fell. Tragically, however, Dunwhal was not ruled by a council, but a single noble family. A noble house that now stands divided - one side wishes to take power and rule over Mythos, the other determined to find a way to bring The God King back. Dunwhal now wages war on itself, an endless war. Rich with gold mines, Dunwhal is the financial capital of Mythos and this wealth allows for it's ruling houses to purchase weapons from Granbriar, trade goods from The Cape, and mercenaries from The Sword Coast.

11. North Dunwhal: What was once known simply as Dunwhal has now been split in two. Much like The Green Sea, the land was quickly divided when The God King fell. Tragically, however, Dunwhal was not ruled by a council, but a single noble family. A noble house that now stands divided - one side wishes to take power and rule over Mythos, the other determined to find a way to bring The God King back. Dunwhal now wages war on itself, an endless war. Rich with gold mines, Dunwhal is the financial capital of Mythos and this wealth allows for it's ruling houses to purchase weapons from Granbriar, trade goods from The Cape, and mercenaries from The Sword Coast.

12. Hiei: A peaceful stretch of coast and an island, all cut off by the sea and a mountain pass. The lands beyond the pass are a gorgeous mixture of plain and woods, ripe with game and food. It would have surely been overtaken by one of the other regions long ago, were it not ruled by and populated entirely by demons. It's at this point that one must make known the diference between 'devils' and 'demons' in Mythos. Devils love violence and chaos for the sake of violence and chaos. They are monsters through and through. Demons are born from dark and, yes, evil magic - but they do evil and perpetuate violence for personal gain, or to get something. Thus, Hiei has long been ruled by these demons. It is, ironically, one of the most peaceful regions on Mythos. Hiei is home to one of the most formidable, well-trained armies on the continent.

MzHyde

Name: Shizuru
Nickname: Goddess of War, Red Devil, Death's Right Hand, Walking Nightmare, etc.
Species: Demon
Family: None
Position: Ruler of Hiei
Hair Color: Red
Eye color: Gold
Skin color: White
Identifying Marks: Halo of The Sun on back
Height: 6' 5''
Weight: 150lbs

Personality:Shizuru possesses a mellow and somewhat cynical personality, reflected by her easygoing (and at times bored) facial expression. Shizuru practices a tough love approach with her subjects, causing her to be stern yet caring towards them. The unobservant will think her just a bitch or a hardass, but the more careful observers will see that everything she does is for the honor and glory of her people. Though she usually stays out of other race's affairs, she occasionally takes matters into her own hands, using the same brute force which seems to run in the tradition of demons. She is cool and aloof, a woman of few words. When asked questions, she likes to take long pauses. It might be either to think carefully about what she's going to say - or just to annoy people. Possibly a mixture of both. Shizuru is a lot like a cat, really; she comes and goes when and where she pleases and does what suits her best at the time. Her primary concerns are (1) herself, (2) fighting, and (3) a good drink. While she is indeed mostly concerned with her own affairs, she can be swayed to join a cause with the right persuasion and, for a demon, has a rather strong sense of honor and justice. She will never attack from behind, never strike a downed opponent, dislikes harming innocents, and will handicap herself to make fights more fair and 'interesting'. On the battlefield, she has been known to attach small sleigh bells to her belt, so her opponents know she's coming.

Background: Shizuru is thousands of years old. She was born in the underworld with the rest of demon kind, but it didn't take her three thousand years to find the concept of remaining there distasteful. Hell is a place of fire, brimstone, screaming, nightmares, and blood. It is filled with all manner of beasts both humanoid and monstrous, some the size of fleas, others stories tall and quaking the ground with each step. It was not a place to be. She was forged in these fires, fighting every day for survival and gradually growing stronger and stronger. So when the opportunity arose, Shizuru made her way to the surface world. Unfortunately the portal she stepped through was created by a human band of cultists named The Children of Helios, worshipers of fire demons seeking to 'cleanse' the planet in 'holy flame'. As she stepped through she was cursed with a mark called The Halo of The Sun, an intricate tattoo on her back that seals the lion's share of her magical powers. Shizuru overcame the cultists with brute force, but has yet to break the curse. With her magic sealed Shizuru could easily be one of the most powerful demons the world has ever seen. Sealed, however, she's merely just a nigh-unstoppable swordswoman. It's probably better for the world if her power stays sealed.

In any case, after slaughtering the cult, Shizuru started a life on the mortal plane. There she continued her training. Below, she trained under the strongest demons she could find. She did likewise on the surface, both training under and then training herself, a number of heroes and heroines. Her name is writ in human history books many times, some mistaking her for a Goddess of Fire, others for death incarnate. She has seen thousands of battles in her time and fought for causes too numerous to mention. On the battlefield she is a peerless combatant, literally able to hold her own against entire companies of men single handed. She kills not by the man, but by the hundreds. It's said that the reason she never made war on Mythos is out of a respect for The God King, as he too is rumored to be a warrior of similar skill. Septimus, in his wisdom, saw and returned this respect and left the demons alone.

Weapon/Magic:
-Elder Demon: Shizuru is a demoness in the prime of her life and exibits all the traits of such creatures; supernatural speed, strength, stamina, and resistance to mortal weaponry.

-Koryu: Shizuru's sword ("Little Dragon") is her pride and joy. From a demon, one might expect some elaborate and misshapen cutting device adorned with skulls or some such nonsense. Not in her case. She wields a simple katana. Forged by a human sword master and tempered with her own blood, the blade is sturdy enough to stand against anything shy of angelic weaponry and can cut mortal and supernatural creatures alike. She is a master of combat and has reached such a level that most actions in battle seem to be reflex, the sword an extension of Shizuru herself.

-Unnerving Gaze: Shizuru's has a way of looking at people with those golden eyes of hers. It's as if she stares right through someone and into their very soul. To look into her eyes is to gaze upon the Reaper himself. Direct eye contact with her inspires pure terror in the weak-willed and cowardly. Even some stronger-willed people have trouble matching eyes with her.

-Shape Shifting, Minor: Shizuru can change her body in minor ways to accommodate her needs. Mostly this just involves changing the outfit she's wearing, but she can also dispel her wings, horns, and claws to give her a more human appearance. With her magic sealed, she cannot change shape completely. Powers unlocked, she would be able to shift into her 'True' self, a dark reflection of the demoness with all of her magic and combat skills intact.

-Fire Control, Minor: With her magic sealed, Shizuru can no longer bring down firestorms and summon torrents of white hot flame. She can, however, still start small fires with a snap of her fingers and is immune to heat and flames. Powers unlocked, she would be able to call down hellfire and set entire rooms ablaze with a mere thought. Thankfully that is no longer the case.

-Object Summoning, Minor: Again, her magic pales in comparison to what it used to be. Simply put, Shizuru can store physical objects in a kind of 'Thought Space'. It must be an object she owns, she must be able to picture it completely in her mind, and it can only be simple objects with little or no moving parts.

Ons: Women, Sake, Fighting
Offs: Noise, Idiots, Boredom

Shizuru's Soldiers
Shizuru's Personal Guards
Halo of The Sun

catherinehellfire

Definitely interested in this roleplay.  Though I really have to go to bed right now, so I'll ask questions when I wake up.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Countdown0

Throwing my hat into this one. Have to read up on the regions and then I'll start work on a character :D

*edit* So, what are the rules and limitations on characters? Are we limited to the races listed in the regions or can we go out of those for something a little more "out there", so to speak?
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

MzHyde

Countdown0

Like, what is the limit on more unusual things we can be? Half-elves (or other half-and-half things)? Giants? Can someone have a dragon as their character? Or something semi-intelligent like a yeti?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Biles

Ooh nice. This could look interesting to join, especially if you're given powers to command vast armies and magic and stuff. I'll keep an eye on this one. For now though, I was wondering if you could add a bit more detail on the island such as color-coding mountains, deserts, and other vegetations. Anyways, I'm considering forming a faction of my own comprised of Orcs who come from a different island continent and whose leader is mulling on the idea of conquering Mythos while it's in a state of chaos. >:3
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

MzHyde

Quote from: Countdown0 on December 30, 2013, 03:33:00 PM
Like, what is the limit on more unusual things we can be? Half-elves (or other half-and-half things)? Giants? Can someone have a dragon as their character? Or something semi-intelligent like a yeti?

It has to be sentient, intelligent, and not giant. Try to stick to humanoid races.

Google

Honestly I think this could be a lot of fun, especially working with a Trickster god Archetype
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Sussurus

I'm not familiar with the source material, but assuming no prior knowlege is required, I'm interested.

With regards to beings who are 'out there': I have a species of female spiderish humanoids -- well, four-legged, four-armed humanoids -- who might be suitable residents of Orrenstadt. Let me know if that might be acceptable, and if so, how much you'd want to know about them. I don't want to swamp you with unnecessary lore if you don't care about the details.

I'd also be interested in playing a henchperson/minion type, if someone wants one of those. Not so into orcs, though, sorry. :/

Biles

Oh wait, is this based on some sort of game, or is this kinda completely made up? Cause if this is based on some canon game, then I probably don't know enough of this universe to fully participate in this RP :<
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Countdown0

Quote from: MzHyde on December 30, 2013, 03:57:05 PM
It has to be sentient, intelligent, and not giant. Try to stick to humanoid races.

Alright, sounds good :D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

MzHyde

Quote from: Biles on December 30, 2013, 04:56:19 PM
Oh wait, is this based on some sort of game, or is this kinda completely made up? Cause if this is based on some canon game, then I probably don't know enough of this universe to fully participate in this RP :<

There is no source material, this isn't based on anything. I only said it was 'Dynasty Warriors-like' because you have numerous warlords vying for control over a country in chaos.

And yes, you can make a spider-woman.

Biles

Good, I guess I can knock myself out on this :3 I'll be defining the Orc race as well as whatever factions exist.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Sussurus

Quote from: MzHyde on December 30, 2013, 05:46:42 PM
And yes, you can make a spider-woman.

Awesome, thanks! I'm thinking a tavern-keeper in Zu. Monsters need to drink too!

Anyone else interested in playing a weaver (aka 'spider-woman') is welcome to contact me for more details on the species. :)

Also... anyone interested in playing my weaver's mate? Looking for a female human(oid), ideally a warrior-type who can play bouncer at their little establishment.

Sussurus

Hmm... pondering a harpy warlord. Who's in charge of Zu?

MzHyde

Whomever wants to be. That's why I didn't mention it.

Joslyn

I'd also like to express interest here.  I have an idea for a demon military officer, good with archery and asymmetric tactics, who leads a unit in Shizuru's army. Very professional on-duty, but pretty wild when she goes on leave.  ;D If that sounds good let me know, I'll get to work on it and PM you the background.

catherinehellfire

I'm thinking on making a leader of a large town on the Sword Coast.  She'd probably be a cat person. (not Neko, more like a Khajit from the Elder Scrolls series.)

MzHyde

Quote from: Joslyn on December 30, 2013, 08:50:24 PM
I'd also like to express interest here.  I have an idea for a demon military officer, good with archery and asymmetric tactics, who leads a unit in Shizuru's army. Very professional on-duty, but pretty wild when she goes on leave.  ;D If that sounds good let me know, I'll get to work on it and PM you the background.

Perfectly fine with me.

Silk

Lot's of different ideas of which species to be a part of/lead going through my head :( Although quick question, do you have anything planned in regards to the fey or is it free claim?

Oldknight

I also would like to try this though at the moment I am not sure what type of being I will use

MzHyde

Quote from: Silk on December 30, 2013, 09:11:36 PM
Lot's of different ideas of which species to be a part of/lead going through my head :( Although quick question, do you have anything planned in regards to the fey or is it free claim?

The fey? Are you using that as a fancy word for 'elves' or do you mean some new species?

Sussurus

Quote from: MzHyde on December 30, 2013, 08:45:22 PM
Whomever wants to be. That's why I didn't mention it.

...tempting. Very tempting.

I'm thinking maybe harpies are shapeshifters. They're kind of an awkward hybrid species, otherwise. And that would give them a reason to have regeneration, which would make the idea of them being the (currently) dominant species in Zu more plausible...

Countdown0

I'm thinking a dwarf lord. What is the highest rank of dwarf, and how much magic is available in their society in this world? Dragon Age style where they simply can't use it, or is Mythos more like a D&D world where anybody could be magically inclined if they have enough of the necessary natural attributes?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

catherinehellfire

Hmm I'm changing mine a bit.  INstead of just owning a large town she will be one of the top people to become warlord of the Sword Coast(though she might as well be) she controls half of the Sword Coast, and plans on taking over the rest soon.

MzHyde

Quote from: Countdown0 on December 30, 2013, 09:50:39 PM
I'm thinking a dwarf lord. What is the highest rank of dwarf, and how much magic is available in their society in this world? Dragon Age style where they simply can't use it, or is Mythos more like a D&D world where anybody could be magically inclined if they have enough of the necessary natural attributes?

Not so common that everyone can use it, but common enough that everyone knows what it is. It requires lots of practice and study.

catherinehellfire

Hey, I was just wondering what's the power limit on characters?  how far could we go with their skills and powers and such.  Of course I'm guessing we can't be any more powerful than Shizuru currently is but I want to know if you've decided on any limits.

MzHyde

The warlords should be very powerful, obviously. Everyone else, pretty much less so. As long as you don't make them God-like it should be fine. It'll be up to you to work out conflicts in a way that suits those participating, be it discussion, voting, or dice rolling. But, yes, the demons (Hiei) are implied to have the strongest standing army out of all of the others, the caveat being that they're very introverted and mostly keep to themselves. They could be persuaded into fighting for a cause, but since they're demons people really don't trust them.

Another thing to think about if you want to play a Warlord and go the conquest route (though you could just as easily see it as 'I am going to unite the land again' - everyone is the good guy in their own story) is what each region has to offer. Some have money, some have resources, some have soldiers, some have magic.

Joslyn

Looking forward to seeing more characters, just got mine approved by PM so adding her here.  :-)

Name: Mira Bloodstone
Nickname: Silence
Species: Demon
Family: Parents and four older siblings, as well as some extended family.
Position:  Military officer of Hiei, Leader of the Ghosts. Rank: Captain.
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color:  Brown
Skin Color: Pale, tinted red
Identifying Marks: Horns, Tail, Vestigial Wings, Tattoos, Piercings
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 135 lbs.

Personality:

Mira is a passionate young woman on and off the battlefield. She finds a thrill in both the chaos of a massive battle and the quiet tension before a surgical strike. But while she feels bloodlust on a visceral level, intellectually she values life and never takes it frivolously. She will attempt to minimize casualties on both sides if she can do so without endangering mission objectives. She never deliberately harms civilians, and does her best to instill both courage and discipline in her soldiers. For all her passions, while on-duty she conducts herself professionally, and expects the same of others. Off-duty she does fraternize with her female subordinates a bit, but she rationalizes this as good for morale.

When on leave Mira is an entirely different animal. Drinking, raucous celebrations, and sex are her favorite past times. Mira is only interested in the fairer sex, and is not particularly shy in making that interest known. Her one more reserved hobby is reading, and she has diverse interests—among them military tactics and strategy, history, philosophy, and magic. She is devoted to the Goddess of War, though this is contingent on Shizuru not acting more “evil” than Mira is comfortable with.

Background:

Mira is from the village of Ravenhold in Hiei, where she had a fairly unremarkable childhood. She was clever and tomboyish, and got into frequent scuffles with her older brothers and sisters. Mira had an interest in the military from an early age, and volunteered shortly before her sixteenth birthday.

The young demon quickly proved her unnatural aptitude for combat and leadership, and earned a commission as an officer. She received special training in many areas, including the use of magic. By age twenty she had been promoted to the rank of captain, which was mostly a product of merit—though there were a few favors involved, sexual and otherwise. Mira used her authority and some skillful politicking to form an elite, semi-autonomous company she named the “Ghosts.” She trained this unit well in areas such as asymmetric warfare, assassinations, infiltration, and general sabotage.

The Ghosts most important accomplishment to date is their recent capture of Serpent’s Fang, a fortress in Hiei. Shizuru’s general based there, a powerful demon with delusions of grandeur named Targus, made plans to secede and carve out his own little kingdom amidst the chaos of the God King’s death. The Goddess of War got wind of this, and Mira’s Ghosts were sent in to neutralize the threat. Serpent’s Fang was very heavily guarded, but Mira was able to plant a few of her people inside before making her move. The Ghosts penetrated the fortress and eliminated Targus and his inner circle before an alarm could be raised. The garrison surrendered with minimal bloodshed. The following day the word of the fall spread from Serpent’s Fang, and Targus’s remaining high-level collaborators were executed by their own soldiers.

Weapon/Magic:

- Demon, Minor: Compared to a human Mira has improved strength and speed. She also has sharp senses, though these are not necessarily related to her demonic heritage.

- Archery: Mira has near peerless skill when it comes to archery. She has a magic bow called “Cold Strike.” At her mental command, the bow can draw from her magical energy for one of two abilities. It can create an arrow from thin air, which exists for a minute before dissolving back into the ether. This is useful if her quiver is empty or she simply does not have time to reach for another arrow. The other ability imbues an arrow with devastating freezing magic—the target is affected as if they were splashed by liquid nitrogen at the wound.

- Stealth and Tactics: Mira also excels with silent movement, hiding, camouflage, and small unit military tactics.

- Telepathic Magic, Minor: At close range, Mira can read surface thoughts by concentrating. She can also exchange brief messages with a willing subject within fifty yards and with a clear line of sight. She can also defend herself well from telepathic attacks.

- Healing Magic, Minor: Mira can increase the natural rate of healing, reduce fatigue, and stabilize someone with a potentially fatal but not catastrophic injury.

- Other: There are a number of other skills Mira is highly competent at, such as swordsmanship, horseback riding, wilderness survival, non-magical first aid, and the operation of siege weaponry.

Ons: Beautiful women, the thrill of battle, good food and drink, and stimulating conversation.
Offs: Brutality, stupidity, and disloyalty.

Countdown0

Additional question. Is a picture required for a character sheet? Its hard to find a good dwarf picture that isn't from LotR or the Hobbit...

*edit* Now that I've spent time thinking and such, would a character who is undead be allowed? If so, I have a decision to make >.>

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Silk

Quote from: MzHyde on December 30, 2013, 09:27:05 PM
The fey? Are you using that as a fancy word for 'elves' or do you mean some new species?

I'm thinking a sort of druidic offshoot of nymphs/doppelgangers/changelings  that are capable of shape shifting as their major niche ability. Most likely to be highly endangered as they are forced to be nomadic now due to the war costing them their home/ Other nations hunting them for sport/breeding.

I basically have a massive taste for transformation at the moment xD

MzHyde

Quote from: Countdown0 on December 31, 2013, 02:17:46 AM
Additional question. Is a picture required for a character sheet? Its hard to find a good dwarf picture that isn't from LotR or the Hobbit...

*edit* Now that I've spent time thinking and such, would a character who is undead be allowed? If so, I have a decision to make >.>

Undead is fine, though most people would probably try to kill it.

Quote from: Silk on December 31, 2013, 05:09:43 AM
I'm thinking a sort of druidic offshoot of nymphs/doppelgangers/changelings  that are capable of shape shifting as their major niche ability. Most likely to be highly endangered as they are forced to be nomadic now due to the war costing them their home/ Other nations hunting them for sport/breeding.

I basically have a massive taste for transformation at the moment xD

That's fine then. Thought at this point I'd kind of prefer it if people would stick to the races we have here and not make up even more.

Silk

If you'd rather I didn't do a character like that I don't mind. It's your game after all :)

MzHyde

I don't think of it that way. I just don't want everyone to be a monster from Orrenstadt, as that might make things one-sided and boring.

Silk

Fair enough :) and I think if this concept does go through, they would likely local westfall's plains more than anywhere as by description it's likely one of the safest places for a species that's generally not well liked to frequent.

Sussurus

I can play a human or two to counterbalance my monster(s). Just need a human leader to follow!

(Assuming multiple characters are welcome. I'm assuming so, if the goal is a big game.)

catherinehellfire

Well so far there are a lot of places with no players.  though I think right now, based on the posts we have Hiei, Sword Coast, possibly Westfall (dependent on Silk), Orenstadt, and possibly Granbriar (dependent on Countdown)

Also, if multiple characters are welcome I may be a cat person, but the Sword Coast is multi-race so I'd gladly accept a human from Suss in my faction.

Vergil1989

I was at first a little unsure about this game, but now that it's picking up interest, it has drawn my attention.  I was thinking something along the lines of the God King's wife, widowed and suddenly in a position to get her warring generals under control before trying to unite the lands.  Beyond that, I don't have a lot for the moment, only because I don't know what race would be accepted for such a position.  And no, she didn't put the dagger into his back lol.  That might have been her son though...hmm, we'll see.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

catherinehellfire

Well so far there are a lot of places with no players.  though I think right now, based on the posts we have Hiei, Sword Coast, possibly Westfall (dependent on Silk), Orenstadt, and possibly Granbriar (dependent on Countdown)

Also, if multiple characters are welcome even though I may be a cat person I'd gladly accept a human from Suss in my faction.
*this was supposed to be an edit but I guess I pressed quote and post*

Biles

Right now currently, I'm working on my first character sheet. The Orcs I'm controlling will come from a place not on Mythos, but from an island continent under their rule. I'm planning a massive invasion of Mythos itself, or at least try to.... But then who isn't? :D
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

catherinehellfire

*smiles evilly*  oh please tell me they'll invade the sword coast.  My character would love to greet them. (still have yet to post her up though.)

Biles

Well, the Sword Coast is a very strategic target. Hehe. However, the Orcs have already begun to use a network of spies and other agents throughout Mythos to gather data before the start of the campaign. But more details on that later. What I can say though, is that Orcs that live in Mythos are usually members of guild mercenaries found throughout the island. Not all are malevolent however.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

MzHyde

Yes, multiple characters are fine provided you can keep track of any play them all.

catherinehellfire

(This is what I have so far.  If anyone can find a good picture of a female tiger/cat person please send me the link, If it doesn't fit her description but I like the picture I might change her description.)

Name: Catherine Raelana
Nickname: Roaring Thunder, The Sword of the East, Conqueror of the coast
Species: Cat-person/Khajit
Family: Are all dead
Position: Ruler of the Sword coast
Hair/fur Color: orangish yellow with black stripes and some white on her chest and stomach.
Eye color: Bright yellow
Identifying Marks: A slash mark scar on her right shoulder
Height: 6' 3''
Weight: 185lbs

Personality:  Catherine is tough, cold, and calculating while in a battle or other serious situation.  Though at other times she can be kind.  She regularly goes out among her towns to hang out and drink with the soldiers.  She believes that a leader should know their people and spend much time among them.  She is very careful when nearer to the frontline areas, never getting drunk enough to become sluggish and only drinking and eating things made and given to her by people she trusts.  She is very playful in and out of the bedroom, liking to flirt and tease with those who are closer to her.

Background: Catherine was born in a poor family at the Sword coast, which isn't to surprising as there are many.  She was the runt of her family, smaller than her brothers and sisters.  She was picked on a lot by them and others, which made her a goal to become stronger.  She would take long runs, train in fighting in secret (usually in her room or at the forest surrounding the town), She started growing faster, stronger, more skilled, and soon she was stronger than any of those who had picked on her.  When she was 15, her father fell into great debt with the lord of the town, and so the family was wiped out.  Though Catherine escaped.  For the next two years she stayed in the forest, learning how to survive, fighting off wild animals, becoming stronger.  She sold animal hides to the nearby towns.  Not spending any of it as she gathered anything she needed.  When she was 17 she decided to return to society, in a very noticeable way.

She used all of the money she gathered for multiple things, she bought armor, a sword, a shield, a small house, and the rest went into helping her get training from one of the best swordsmen in the Sword Coast.  For another 6 years she trained and trained, until she finally bested her master.  At this time, she knew she was ready.  She formed a mercenary guild known as The Sword Eye, the Symbol of which was a red eye with a sword as it's pupil.  She gathered members and grew her strength, before setting siege to the town she had been born in.  The siege had not taken long, as the people of the town helped her, hoping she would be a better leader than their old one.  After that she got all nearby villages to surrender, gaining more troops, gold, and land. 

For the next 2 years she was on her mostly peaceful conquest.  Keeping to small victories and avoiding fights with the large towns, as not to draw the attention of the empire.  Many places surrendered to her as the farms and other outside villages that supplied the towns came under Catherine's control.  She started to challenge the leaders of towns, if their best fighter could beat her in battle, they could have all she owned, if not, she got what they owned.  By the time the Emperor died, through her many methods of conquering, she had about 1/3 of the Sword Coast under her control.  With the Emperor dead and the empire is chaos she was finally open to go on full out war with the towns and cities of the Sword coast without fear of an attack from the Empire.  The start of her all out conquest has went well. Taking enough territory so she now owns most of the sword coast.  The scar she carries came from a recent fight with the largest city of the Sword coast.  The losses had been high for both sides and Catherine had came face to face with the man that had ruled this city unopposed for 20 years.  Their battle had been long and tiring.  She only was dealt one blow in the battle.  The slash that gave her her large scar missed her neck by just inches.  For now she has stopped the advance of her troops to give them time to rest and to gather her strength.  Catherine is known by her nicknames through her prowess on the battlefield.  To normal soldiers it is as if a storm spirit was gliding through their ranks, roaring out her battle cry.

Weapon/Magic:
-Cat Person/Khajit-  They are faster in both speed and reflexes than humans and slightly stronger.  She also has heightened sight, smell, and hearing.  Plus she has claws
-Valloitus(Conquest)- Catherine's long-sword.  It was made by the best blacksmiths of the sword coast in a room that was specially made for creating the sword.  Many a nights was made making this sword, each night it was forged stronger.  Once finally done a magic, emerald green stone was added to the pommel(giving it the ability to channel wind magic through it as well as other abilities).  It is acclaimed as one of the best swords ever made by mortals and is said that it can cut many creatures who mortals had usually been unable to hurt. 
-Wind Control:Minor- she trained shortly in the magical arts of magic, allowing her to create gusts of wind and even sent out a short wave of concentrated wind from her sword, giving her slashes farther reach.  Though the wind wave won't cut too deep.
-Predator tracking- Once she gets your scent it is almost impossible for her to lose you unless you acquire a new scent or hide in a stronger scent.

Ons: Women(more of an On than men), Men, Fighting, Drinking, Gold
Offs: Disrespect, defeat, lack of strength (mental and physical), those who manipulate others for their purposes. (though you could get her to do many things through enough gold.)

Silk

Just putting this out there, in all likelihood I'll be having my characters/tribe running as free agent's, although they are not naturalistic ally "evil" her species in particularly suffered during the god kings reign. Apparently just the threat of a species being able to mimic high authority members, lords and alike tends to put you on the monarchs shit list xD. So she doesn't exactly owe the "law abiders" any favors

The alternative I'm forming is just a cult of elves that are particularly efficient at alternation and illusion magics. :)

Biles

*!Be aware that this entire sheet is still work in progress!*

Ulga'Khan
(a.k.a. Ulga Ragegrinder)

Species: Desert Orc
Position: Supreme leader of Kuraz Dominion
Hair Color: Between warm black and dark brown
Eye Color: Burning red orbs for pupil and black sclera
Skin Color: Light olive between brown and green

Identifying Marks:
Her skin is so heavily covered in war tattoos that it's almost hard to tell the original color of her skin.
Then there's a large slash scar running from the left side of her neck all the way towards the center of her chest.

Height: 7' 3" (2.2m)
Weight: 270lbs (122kg)

Personality:

Vengeful and cold, yet is able to summon a battle storm with furious rage. Ulga's cry of the war drum can stir
up even the most docile of Orcs and veterans alike from the furthest region of Kuraz into a battle frenzy. Ulga's
instinctual wits, open-mindedness, and cunningness has allowed her to rise to the ranks. Combining that with
her inherent, wild, barbaric, savagery forged from just surviving Kuraz's hellish landscape alone, Ulga's brain
and brawn makes her a very serious enemy to be reckoned with, and certainly a dangerous threat to Mytho's
stability. When it comes to conquest, Ulga will use her intellect and patience when called for. However, she has
no room for incompetent failures and will inflict vicious cruel punishment to serve as an example to all her
followers and subordinates. Recent reforms which empowered the empire was a result from Ulga's merciful
open-mindedness to any ideas she deems beneficial, so it's no surprising that she has employed various dark
races to do her bidding.

Background:

Ulga's mother laid dead before she was even born. Her clan's village was slaughtered in the wake of band of
demonic raiders. The creature dug one of its mandible incisors into the mother's belly and lashed a wound across
the fetus' chest. The creature was then slain by the mother. After she laid dead trampled amongst the dead, a witch
doctor retrieved the newborn Ulga from the belly of her dead mother and was taken in by another clan.

Later in life, Ulga entered the clan's warrior initiative rights, that is by surviving the unforgivable lands of the barren
desert. When all said was done, she never returned and was presumed dead. Instead however, she sought to
harness her prowess and strength by prolonging her sojourn in the dangerous wild lands and conquer some of the
most ferocious beasts ever. When she reached close to adulthood, Ulga learned of Keraz's state of affair and
believed that the empire was falling into a state of decay.

Taking advantage of the surge of history's most bloodiest skirmishes, Ulga went around gathering some of the best
warriors loyal to her and formed a flexible nomadic army. One by one, regions fell under her blade. Ulga's legendary
exploits spread throughout the cursed island continent. As she was close to reaching the pinnacle of her career,
she befriended a young Highland Orcish female who's village had been raided. She was Jiaka. Ulga took the young
Orc under her wings and as they continued their campaign, Jiaka followed Ulga when she finally seized power of the
Orcish empire by toppling a complacent Khan.

The price of gaining the title came at a very heavy price. The demonic leylines flowed underneath the throne city of
Ghuvantium. The dark magic affected Ulga negatively upon beheading her predecessor and succeeding him.
Since then, Ulga has had an unnatural lifespan and her loyal servant, Jiaka also seem to have been affected by it as
well. Decades later, Ulga recently finished her campaign over the seas by using what little navy they had and
subverting all of the various pirate factions between Kuraz and Mythos under her control. Now the empire had a
formidable fleet and her next phase of conquest would soon begin after learning about the deathly demise of the
King God of Mythos.

Weapons:

• Malevolent Deathhammer - Ulga's primary signature weapon. Forged by the demons of the underworld,
    Ulga has wielded the weapon so many times that the face of the hammer became blackened with the splattered
    blood of her mangled defeated enemies. Inside the staff that holds the hammer head, is a series of long chains
    which Ulga can unleash turning her hammer into a devastating and deadly mace. Ulga has devise a number of
    techniques with the use of her weapon. One being the hammer crash grinder, an ability to which she will pound
    the hammer into the ground creating a severe shaking quake at a given radius and stunning her victims briefly
    for a short time.

• Dragon's Cursed Fang - A large fang carved painstakingly into an ornate glaive embedded with demonic
    artifacts. It is primary a bladed boomerang and with the artifact at its center, Ulga can control its flight indefinitely
    for as long as she wants. When not thrown, it acts as a very sharp melee blade. Catching the weapon's return after
    it has been thrown requires intense training, one which Ulga has already mastered.

• Asp Stingers - carved wooden shiv spikes and shanks made from fangs extracted from venomous creatures,
    they come in many dozens and are hidden throughout Ulga's cladded armor suit and elsewhere that only Ulga
    knows where they're hidden. She can easily draw out any of these weapons for close-quarter combat or to stop an
    assassin in its track, to which she has done so many times in the past. And every one of them have been laced with
    deadly poisons and fluidic acid.

Magic:

• Whispering Shadows - Ulga is constantly tormented by the dead. It is part of the curse for acquiring the
    power of the empire through her bloody conquest. Although she is constantly vexed even in her sleep, she is
    often forewarned of impending dangers that she herself cannot see or sense. It is that main reason why Ulga
    has been able to avoid assassination attempts at her life. Unfortunately, this ability is more of a curse than a
    gift and it puts Ulga in a slight state of paranoia, even though she doesn't show it at all.

• Demon's Rage - Orcs have the ability to go into a state of berserk. It requires intensive stamina and training.
    Ulga can easily go into berserk at any given time for prolonged length and revert without hardly passing out. The
    demons however, enhanced this inherent trait by allowing her to almost transform into a demon herself. She then
    possesses a demon's strength on top of her own, and the effects lasts much longer. It however, requires mana.

• Light of Divination - As Ulga is of the dark races in the world, her kind cannot use divine holy power. However,
    she came across an artifact which can generate holy light. Its power has the ability to cleanse away rage, mental
    illness, hatred, and other malign behaviors and traits thus reverting the recipients' personality to its default state.
    This is how she earned the name 'Ragegrinder'. After subduing a hardened and defiant opponent, Ulga will use
    the magical artifact on them and wipe away their will to fight and upon executing them, her victims will cry out in fear
    and terror shortly before dying a death of a thousand cowards. Yet this artifact is a double-edged sword. All the
    negative natural energies extracted are then channeled into Ulga. Each passing year she becomes a little more insane,
    yet her strong will of iron continues to keep her sanity intact.

Jiaka Furyclaw
(a.k.a. Tiaah Embiwa or 'The Earth Fears And Trembles')

Species: Highland Orc
Family: An older sister
Position: War Master and Commander of the Mythos Expedition
Hair Color: Jet cool black
Eye Color: Reddish brown
Skin Color: Olive green

Identifying Marks:
Like any Orc, she's also covered in war tattoo, though not as much as Ulga'Khan A number of various animal-like scratches
spread throughout her body, but otherwise appear to be battle scars, of which she's tattooed various designs around it.

Height: 5' 11" (1.8m)
Weight: 225lbs (102kg)

Personality:

Work In Progress

Background:

Work In Progress

Weapons:

• Weapon 1 - Work In Progress
  • Weapon 2 - Work In Progress
  • Weapon 3 - Work In Progress

Magic:

• Magic 1 - Work In Progress

Xuna Bladereaper
(a.k.a. Xuna the Cur)

Species: Dessert Orc
Position: Fleet Master and in command of oceanic operations.
Hair Color: Greasy warm black
Eye Color: Reddish brown
Skin Color: Dark faded teal

Identifying Marks:
Of the three Orcs introduced in this RP, she has the least compared to the other two Xuna also wears a pirate-style
bandana on her forehead and allows her fanning ponytail to jet out. She also wears brown boots and gloves worn over
the bandages she has wrapped around all of her limbs and leather brown vest whose collar is trimmed with spiky
off-white fur trimmings.

Height: 6' 5" (1.8m)
Weight: 245lbs (111kg)

Personality:

Work In Progress

Background:

Work In Progress

Weapons:

• Weapon 1 - Work In Progress
  • Weapon 2 - Work In Progress
  • Weapon 3 - Work In Progress

Magic:

[tr][td]
Denai Academy

catherinehellfire

Just need my background now  :-)

By the way Silk, your people are nomadic so I will say this incase they wonder to the Sword coast.  They probably won't receive much trouble here unless you cause trouble or try to get in the way of Catherine's goals.  The Sword Coast never really cared for the law  ;)

Silk

Well they're just out to make a living, but their a valuable asset to anyone who can claim their services. :) As both combatants, spys as well as a few other things that people might force them into doing

catherinehellfire

Dang, looking at the Map I'm definitely not making my first conquest outside of the Sword Coast be to the south.

catherinehellfire

Biles

[tr][td]
Denai Academy

MzHyde

Silk

This is going to be interesting for me since I normally play a more Naive young woman, generally some kind of healer, now I'm a miserable changeling lass who legitimately feels like the worlds out to get her and she's gonna go out fighting xD

MzHyde

OOC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193322.0

Alright then, that's the OOC up. I've added an updated map which includes land that has been claimed thus far, at least to the best of my knowledge. You will notice that is in Extreme - that's just to cover our butts, as there will be war and all sorts of creatures involved. Nothing will happen that you don't want to. Provided you don't go quiet on us, that is. The rule from the initial post stands; if someone is waiting on you and you take too long, you're at their mercy. I'm adding in a running event log which will keep track of things that happen, and a color key, which will keep track of who has conquered what. Go ahead and post your profiles there as you'd like. IC topics will probably be up tomorrow.

This game is not closed, it is up for continual recruiting!

Countdown0

Alright, the dwarves arrive! :D Well, one at least :P

Name: Kadun Gredvaken (Gredvaken being dwarvish for 'Blackgranite”)

Nicknames: Blackgranite, Lord of the Mountains, Grand Forgemaster

Species: Dwarf

Family: Wife, two sons, and one daughter

Position: Thane of Glargadden and Master of the Grand Forge, Patriarch of Clan Gredvaken (Thane being the closest thing dwarves have to a king)

Hair Color: Black and long, but neatly kept and braided, with a matching beard that reaches the middle of his chest.

Eye Color: Grey

Skin Color: Fair, slightly weathered

Identifying Marks: Rather long black beard aside, Kadun also has the symbol of the Gredvaken family, a golden anvil under a black hammer, tattooed onto the back of his right hand.

Height: 4'1”

Weight: 190 Lbs

Personality: Gruff and honest, at times brutally so, Kadun is as straightforward and honest as they come. That's what you'd believe if you didn't know him at least. The truth of the matter is that, after having to navigate the political structure of not only his home city of Glargadden, but of all dwarvern society, Kadun has learned to deceive, and  to manipulate. Like any politician, he knows how to weave words together to cause them to have the effect he wants without saying anything compromising.

At the same time though, like most of his people, Kadun is a warrior. He has a strategic mind and is extremely patient. Being a soldier taught him to listen well and observe what is going on around him. Being a commander taught him to lead and inspire other. Being a blacksmith allowed him to learn to pay attention to detail. On the surface is a a serious dwarf with a little bit of grey in his hair and his beard. Inside is a being of deep thought and careful planning.

Background: When he was younger and his grandfather was Patriarch of the family, he was a soldier, a shield bearer of Glargadden. Later on, when his father became patriarch, Kadun eventually earned a place as the high commander of Glargadden's military forces. Now, nearly one hundred years after his father's passing, Kadun is the patriarch of his family, the Thane of Glargadden, and because of his family's wealth and power, a member of the dwarvern council of Granbriar.

The real prestige of Kadun life, though, is his position as the Master of the Grand Forge. Rather than a single pit, furnace and anvil, the Grand Forge is a massive chamber within the heart of Glargadden. Within the Grand Forge, hundreds of artisans are employed to craft, produce, enchant and perfect the finest weapons, armor, jewlery and anything else made of metal in the world. As the Master of the Grand Forge, or the Grand Forgemaster, depending on who you ask, Kadun owns the Grand Forge, and controls everything made within. This is the source of his family's wealth and power, since the Gredvaken clan built the Grand Forge over a thousand years ago. They have maintained ownership and control ever since, and though this, makes themselves, and the fortress-city of Glargadden, rich and powerful in equal measure.

Weapons/Armor/Other Items:

The Wall of Kadvar: a shield forged by his grandfather, Ordarac, for his father, Kadvar, is now carried by Kadun. It was crafted within the Grand Forge, like most of Kadun's equipment. Shaped like a very round oval with a sharp point at the base and a round, bladed edge at the top, it is said to be impenetrable. Obviously, proving such a thing to be true would be very difficult, though to this day, over six hundred years later, it has still never been pierced or dented. The symbol of the clan, a Golden Anvil under a Black Hammer is emblazoned on the front.

The Heart Miner: A heavy war-pick, primarily made to punch through heavy armor, the Heart Miner has a handle and shaft about sixteen inches long, ending in a long, curved spike that measures almost a foot in length. Rather than tapering to a fine point, the tip is quite think so that hard impacts against thick plate armor will not damage it. On the backside of the pick is a sphere meade to weight just slightly less than the pick side of the weapon. Said to be able to put a hole straight through a man AND his plate armor, the Heart Miner was crafted by Kadun himself when he first became the Grand Forgemaster as a means of getting past the thick skin of giants or other creatures that might make enemies of the dwarves of Granbriar.

Kadun's Waraxe: finely crafter by his father, Kadvar, over three hundred years ago, this axe was magically enchanted to feel weightless to the wielder, but to feel ten times heavier to the unfortunate victim of  its unforgiving edge. Kadun chose not to name this weapon, and instead allows his foes who are lucky enough to survive the crashing might of its blows to think of a name by which to refer to it instead.

Grand Forge Plate Armor: Comprised of a chain vest and sleeves along with padding, all underneath thick plates crafted within the Grand Forge, this suit of armor was tailored specifically for Kadun Gredvaken. While Kadun would certainly rather not need his armor at all, no warrior is perfect, and the day that he makes a mistake, this suit of armor gives him the best possible chance to live. Enchanted to dampen the effects of magic, both obvious physical fors and subtler attacks upon his mind, Kadun wears his armor near every day, and would be remise to enter into battle without it.

Combat: Is battle, Kadun is a powerful fighter, easily able to overpower a normal man with brute force. To suggest that strength is all he has would be a great falsehood however. His strikes are harsh and precise, his technique methodical and paced. Trying to trade blow for blow with a dwarf is never a good idea, and Kadun is the epitome of that.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

ZephySempai

I would definitely be interested in this, and I think the conflict in Dunwhal would be most fitting for a character I have in mind. With permission, I'd like to make a warloard for South Dunwhal :)

MzHyde

ZephySempai

Name: Reign Uziel Yazareal
Nickname: Prince Reign/Reign of Blood
Species: Human
Family: Axyiil Yazarael - Father/ Laureen Yazarael - Mother
Position: Heir of Dunwhal
Hair Color: Black
Eye color: Hazel (Gold/Brown)
Identifying Marks: A red tear-drop piercing in the center of his forehead.
Height: 6'0
Weight: 153lbs

Personality:Reign is intelligent, kind, respectable, humble, polite, and understanding. No matter the reputation his house has acquired over the years, no one could say Reign was a ruthless bloodthirsty killer, at least, nobody that believed the Reign they knew was all there was to him. Sure, Reign is a genius whose intellect is rivaled by none. Scenarios are constantly swirling around his mind, being processed, and all possible outcomes are assessed. Not one step is taken by this striking individual without every motion and speed of the motion being planned to the smallest detail.

This level of detailed planning also goes into every relationship he forms. He has spent much time around many individuals and has also spent countless hours researching cognitive psychology. He has reached a level where, at first glance, he can predict, with 57% confidence, a person’s personality type: their strengths and weaknesses, and begin shaping his responses in order to facilitate the desired results. Once he has a conversation with you, the confidence level rises to 97.5% with the remaining 2.5% only existing because there are certain parts of the subconscious that even he cannot comprehend.

He uses his intellect and understanding of a person’s personality to manipulate them and their emotions. Though many see manipulation as a terrible thing, Reign very rarely uses his powers for evil. He is very responsible with his ability. When he meets somebody new he is kind and respectful. Even though he may predict the character’s flaws and know everything anyone needs to know to break them, he also has understanding about the positive personality traits of a person and has an understanding of what needs to be said or done in order to get on the person’s good side. Reign tends to aim for that goal rather than the other because, for him, it’s easy to break someone’s mental stability. For him, its simple to send a person into a spiraling pit of self-doubt and uncertainty. Without much challenge, Reign doesn’t see the point in doing such things.

Background: Reign was born to Laureen and Axyiil Yazarael 23 years ago in North Dunwhal's capitol city. Axyiil, being the younger brother of the reigning emperor, Vanyl Yazarael, was a powerful member of the royal family, though he could care less for such titles. When he was old enough, Axyiil rebuked his sibling’s ideals, resigned from the military, and settled down with the love of his life, Laureen, who spent the majority of her life as a teacher within the University of North Dunwhal. Though Vanyl detested his weak kin, he saw the birth of Reign Yazarael as his chance to raise a new heir to the Yazarael name.

The young Imperial grew up with a pampered lifestyle provided by his father and uncle. Though it seemed more like a custody battle rather than anything else, Reign constantly bounced between his parents and his uncle. While he learned how to be a kind and respectable gentleman from his parents, he learned to be calculating and manipulative from the emperor. By the time Reign was nine, he was revered from his for his chivalry and academic achievement, and was able to use this to manipulate others around him, especially his parents. His father tried to discipline his son, but all this seemed to do was push the young imperial away. His uncle always encouraged all of Reign’s endeavors while his parents seemed to want nothing more than to hinder him.

Eventually, Reign sided with his uncle and moved to the capitol city of Egaia. He left his mother and father behind so that he could become the next Heir to the Dunwhal throne. It was during this time where calamity struck. With the God King's death, Northern Dunwhal betrayed its southern brother and, in an attempt at a full takeover, the Emperor, Vanyl, was assassinated. Reign, too, almost met his end, but the rogue insurgents met a quick end from the combined strength of the young prince and his royal knights.

Now, Reign struggles to repair his fractured kingdom and restore it to its former glory. Without question, he has utterly refused to take the crown until the North and South are finally restored.

Weapon/Magic:

-Roukanken: Reign’s secondary weapon is a custom made katana given to him by the late Emperor as a present for becoming a Warlord in the Imperial Army. Its blade is incredibly sharp and has created its fair share of bloodied rainstorms.

-Shinowamaru(Coming Soon): Rumors have fluttered into the young Prince's ear of a mythical weapon that is said to be feared by even the gods. It is said that the weapon was so powerful, it was destroyed by the God King himself during his rule. Though the original Shinowamaru has been crushed, Reign has begun his quest to recreate this double-bladed scythe. With it, he aspires to not only reunite Dunwhal, but all of Mythos under his rule.

-Speed: Reign is, by far, one of the fastest swordsmen within Dunwhal. His speed is unmatched, and he uses this to his advantage. Dodging and reacting to strikes is as easy as waking up in the morning and getting out of bed. It also gives him ample time to find an enemy’s weak points and exploit them with his superior fighting techniques. His speed is only outmatched by his quick wits and ability to think on his

Ons: Intelligence, Exotics (Non-humans), Switches (Dom/Sub)
Offs: Idiots, Boredom, Failed Plots.

South Dunwhal Info:
Ruler: "Prince" Reign Yazarael
Capitol: Teristrees (Tear-es-trees)
Cities: Rhondael (River City) & Barston (Bordering Hiei Mountain range).

Silk

Name: Ashena Grimsong
Nickname: Beast with piecing eyes, Blade of the Judge,
Species: Lethe(Shapeshifter)
Family: Grimsong
Position: Levantine (Daughter of the Judge)
Hair Color: White
Eye color: Red
Skin color: Pale blue
Identifying Marks: Red eye's, facial tattoo
Height: 5'2
Weight: 95lbs

Personality: Ashena like many of her kin spent her initial years in slavery, because of this she is not very trusting of those that fall outside of her tribe, and is just as happy as to exchange blows as she would words with those that attempt to confront her. Although her training under her father has led her to become more world wary and calculated instead of just frightful and paranoid. Her goals are much like those of her tribe, to be respected, to make those who wronged them suffer, and to prosper under this new chaotic world. Although she would be lying if she said she wasn't at least curious about other cultures.

Like her father she would much rather act with the honour and dignity of her people, however she knows that a swift blade in the leaders back will save the lives of a thousand soldiers. As well as the concept of honour in war although nice, will just get you killed, many look to the Lethe as honour-less while also bringing down vastly superior numbers who are much better equipped. If that is what honour is then Ashena wants nothing to do with it.

Background: Ashena was born within the region of Lede, her parent's were both slaves to one of the closest confidants to the god-king, and was used as a bargaining chip for their continued cooperation. As long as her father kept winning the dog fights, while also leading the hunting pack. While her mother continued to breed whatever animal was demanded of her, she would remain safe. However her father often managed to sneak Ashena away to train and to bolster the number of creatures she would be able to shift between. As the years went by and their old master died of old age, the new lord who was not as clever as his father took full advantage of his position and often demanded Ashena to share his bed, keeping up the false sense of security she complied with him.

Soon the plan was set and Ashena put the sword to the young master, before throwing his corpse out of the window below to where her mother was waiting, quickly her parent's disposed of the body and her mother then took place of the master of the household, it was a simple feat due to being exposed to him since his birth. After a few more years passed the restriction's placed on the Lethe were gradually reduced and more freedom was granted to them. Taking full opportunity both Ashena and her father learnt more of combat and subterfuge, in preparation when they could make the continent suffer like they made them. Her mother was also busy within the political arena, sowing seeds of discord amongst the Kings court.

Soon the seeds planted after many long years were ready to be harvested, with no small measure towards the God kings death, the Lethe took advantage of the confusion in the city to free their kinsmen from slavery and make a break away from Lede, travelling south west to the region of Westfall where they soon began to make a new life for themselves amongst the plains, Ashena's mother however remained behind in the city as to keep her ears close to the centre of politics in Mythos. While her father who had disappeared for a time returned, claiming the title of judge, something nobody contested. Possibly due to his family being the reason they escaped, or because of the sudden appearance of what seemed to be a dragon claw on his necklace.

Ashena could not find herself settling down however, instead choosing to follow after her father and learn better how to defend her new tribe. But where he stood on the battlefield she stood in the shadow.

Weapon/magic:
Shapeshifting: Ashena like all Lethe are born with the ability to change their form at will as long as they had come into contact with that creature in their true form. However unlike the rest of her kind, the strange colouring of her eye's was the only tell that her ability for shape changing was impressive even amongst her kinsmen, taking as much time for her to change her entire form as it would for a normal lethe to change just their appearance. (Forms known to take: Raven, Rat, Bear, Wolf, Centaur, Elf, Human, Kobald, Dog, Horse)

Assassin training: While not a magical talent, Ashena has spent much of her time learning the cloak and dagger nature of subterfuge and assassination from her parent's. She is now very proficient at it.
Sweet dream: A light blade that was “found” by her tribe and gifted to her, the grizzly looking blade appeared to possess a magical trait for not allowing a wound to seal naturally, a special secreted oil that coated the blade preventing blood from clotting.

Skilled hunter: While not as proficient as the masters, Ashena is skilled with both tracking and bowmanship making her a adept hunter.

Ashena's agents
Background of picture

Biles

Check this out, I've gone and started making a map of my character's own domain. It's still Work in Progress however as I need to add some relevant bits and pieces. Click on the image to bring up a much larger and more detailed work-in-progress map.

So here's the gist of it. The premise of this map is that over a couple of millennia ago, a large meteor struck the island continent coming from the East direction. It was rumored that the meteor geographical disaster was not natural. It was said that the leylines were powered up to lure the big rock, but the ritual went awry sending the meteor careening at dangerous speed. The impact severely damaged the magical leylines and it began to spread corruption and calamity. Meanwhile, the Western region had summoned the most powerful orc shamans and called up the elemental spirits to shelter them from the disastrous impact. As a result, the spirits raised a massive wall of ocean water traversing the length of the whole continent and shifted the lands parallel to it to create a barrier to take the brunt of the shockwave and protect the Western region from the fate that befell the rest of the island continent.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

ZephySempai

oooh, thats pretty cool.

What kind of program did you use to draw that?

Biles

[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Mnemaxa

I am interested, and have an idea for a mage-king of Tide-Pool.  While it is in a very tactically poor location the presence of so many ley-lines and a ruler capable of using magic, not to mention the prestigious College of Magic, makes it a very touchy touchy kingdom to subjugate.   While the ruler of Tidepool would have a strong 'neutral territory' policy, rumor of something far older and far, far stronger than a half-elven mage king stands behind the throne, and it has an interest beyond keeping the kingdom stable and safe...

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

MzHyde

Feel free to write up a sheet. When I start the game I'll make four IC topics - three regions each.

ZephySempai

Two questions:

1)
Do I have to wait for Reign's sheet to get accepted before I post him up in the OOC?

2)
Would it be alright if I wrote up a little blurb about Dunwhal's history and its disposition towards the other territories?
If so then

2a)
Where would I post that?

MzHyde

He's accepted, so feel free to post it in the OOC. If you want to add more info, go ahead and put that below your character sheet, or in the OOC somewhere whenever it's done. I'll update the map whenever I can.

ZephySempai

Sounds good.

I posted him up, and will work on the back story soon. Can't wait to get started.

ZephySempai

For IC posts, I'm assuming we should throw our gang signs (tags) up as a heading? Sorta like,

Name:

Oooh Oooh! I actually have a good question!

So like, how Mythos threads are separated in the three areas right? How would one from, say Southern Mythos, send a message to a ruler/warlord to someone in the North? In Character I could see like carrier falcons, telekinesis, or simply finding that one slave you really don't like and send him on that long run. OOC however, should we stick with, like PMs or maybe create an alternate thread for regional messaging?

MzHyde

Name:

And as far as messaging goes, just post your message at it's destination. Like, if you send a missive to someone in Hiei, post that in the Hiei thread. No need to do it with PM's, since everyone who wants to read it should be able to, if they want to follow along.

ZephySempai

Okay cool. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Vergil1989

I plan to get the God King's wife set up tomorrow, but I wanted to add my own two cents in about the message thing lol.  It'd probably be a good idea to put any messages like that into a spoiler so it doesn't take up more room than is necessary.  Just a thought lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

MzHyde

It's just a regular post, why would it need a spoiler?

Vergil1989

If there's stuff about who sent it and why as well as the actual message, I thought it'd make sense to spoiler just the message lol.  Eh, could be sleep deprivation talking too.  I'll see ya tomorrow guys and gals.

Biles

And this the Kuraz Dominion Emblem:
I've updated the map and for now I'll leave it as it is and will try to incorporate it into my character sheets:

[tr][td]
Denai Academy

MzHyde

Just a reminder that the IC is up now. Links in the OOC topic.

Tsunami

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

ZephySempai

MzHyde

You will need to submit a character profile first. Preferably one that includes punctuation.

Biles

There's something I wanna know about this RP and it involves navy affairs. Are fire cannons available in this realm?
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

MzHyde

I don't know what that is, but I'm going to say no. Also, this isn't the OOC. Please take such questions there.

Tsunami

Maybe this isn't the game for me. My Grammer sucks and 8 get the feeling that will annoy people, so I hope you all have fun.
To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

MzHyde

Mnemaxa

I am afraid I shan't be able to join at this time, many apologies!

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.