[Closed--PCs chosen] Changeling the Dreaming: Duchy of Storms [System][BON]

Started by Blythe, February 05, 2018, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLaughingOne

*appeases by sharing strips of jerky made from moose, buffalo, yak, and mammoth. Thats the really good stuff. Swat they give ajaba pups to help train their jaw muscles*
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Blythe

Quote from: Muse on February 12, 2018, 07:04:41 AM
Blythe, these formating tags are making me dizzy.  Would you accept an aplication in a publicly viewable google document? 

I'm afraid not, no. I have a strong preference to have all sheets on-site, and I rather dislike Google Docs in particular, unfortunately, as a way of keeping track of PC info.

I can, however, boop that sheet into BBCode for you some time later (might be a few days), if that would help. :)

Thorne

Setting these sheets up just makes me appreciate being able to use Hero Labs all the more. ^^;

I managed to nail down at least a start; still have to do the actual set up and figure out what kind of clurichaun I am actually building here. And write a description, and find an image .. and figure out what the hell she collects, because I think I have a wilder here.

Arianthe
Birds of a feather flock together, so the saying went. For a younger Arianthe, it just meant her normal was somebody else's insanity. Grandma Katleen was sometimes human, sometimes a cat, and never capable of a straight answer. Grandma Masla told stories that always came true. Mama's hair moved with the wind, like fire ... and Arianthe accepted it, with the simple faith of a child. All of the dozen or so members of that small caravan were something Else, something of wonderment. And they met others, no less strange, many terrifying, but all their own kind of normal, everywhere they went.
As she matured, she learned that her normal was fair from normal, and most people's normal was boring. But they enjoyed her stories, even if most of them didn't think they were true. That suited Arianthe; they weren't meant to believe, only to learn. Only to see, for a moment or two, a spark of wonder, to remember what it was to dream.
The dreams seemed real, more and more, every night. Dreams of music, of dancing and laughter and everything seemed so /real/ ... and then, one day, Arianthe woke up, and began to understand.

These days, she has settled. It happens, not all of them are wanderers by nature, and her family knows where she is and why she chose to stay and make her way in this city. Arianthe spends much of her time telling tales in a small tavern, and the rest collecting tales to tell. This place is ... well. It is full of stories, and even more full of people who need to hear them.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Muse

*nods* 

I'll try and get it started tomorow.  Maybe you can help me iron out what i did wrong? 

Meenwhile, if you have the time, can you offer any feedback?  Or does feedback need a diferent format? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

marauder13

Updated the character sheet with 98% of the relevant info on it. If there is anything drastic that needs changing, please let me know.

To other players, I am fine having some past connections with any other PCs if there is desire, and a feasible reason for them to have encountered each other. PM me if that is something you want to look into.

Blythe

I can do some feedback on sheets tomorrow, in all likelihood.

A question for everyone: do you prefer feedback in PM or here in-thread? I know some people prefer to have feedback be a more private thing & some like to have it out there for people to see to keep people abreast of changes & giving people an idea of what the GM wants, etc.

Marie Reynolds

I don't think my character will have a lot of skeletons in  the closet so I am cool with feedback in the thread.

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Sparrowhawke

I would prefer private as well, either through PMs or Discord if that suits

Thorne

Ehh.. I'm good either way, honestly.
'course, I don't have a sheet finished yet, so I'm whistling in the wind, kind of.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

marauder13

Blythe

It looks like most people prefer feedback in PMs, so I'll review what sheets have been submitted when I can and give feedback accordingly via PM. It's easier for me to do feedback the same way for each player, so over the next few days, I will try to get feedback to everyone who has submitted a sheet via PM. I'm admittedly going to be slow about this until I no longer have company at home, as it's limited my ability to be on and post anything substantial. (My sister is not slated to go home until the 17th, so my posting/feedback is almost assuredly going to be slow until then).  ^^;

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

Blythe

Okay, working on reading sheets/sending feedback today. This table will be updated as I PM feedback for those eligible to get feedback (those that have completed sheets). I will answer in-thread questions shortly! :)

NameConceptSheet SubmittedPMed with Feedback?
HairyHereticSeelie TrollNN
NadirPookaNN
SparrowhawkeUnseelie SlaughYY (partial)
TheLaughingOneSeelie PookaYY
EobelleUnseelie Sidhe (Arcadian)YN
ThorneClurichaunNN
marauder13Unseelie RedcapY N
MuseSeelie TrollY (will help player convert to BBCode)N

Interested, but no concept mentioned:
- Pumpkin Seeds

Blythe

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 10, 2018, 09:29:16 PM
Well I am looking at bringing an Autumn Sidhe Diplomat,Caregiver,Host/Hostess and jack of all trades.

I decided to  go with this option for the character and I am working on the sheet.

The other way I do this concept as a member of  House Fiona and he/she fulfills her role to those in  need of  his/her services as a Neutral party, Providing entertainment relaxation,Pleasure and confidences in  the path he/she has chosen to show his/her leadership through service to others and follow the passions with his/her individual take on the Oath taken as a member of House Fiona. Though this concept would also be much more open to a variety of  background ties.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with; I do agree this sort of idea works well for character background ties. :)

Quote from: Thorne on February 12, 2018, 05:24:34 PM
Setting these sheets up just makes me appreciate being able to use Hero Labs all the more. ^^;

I managed to nail down at least a start; still have to do the actual set up and figure out what kind of clurichaun I am actually building here. And write a description, and find an image .. and figure out what the hell she collects, because I think I have a wilder here.

Arianthe
Birds of a feather flock together, so the saying went. For a younger Arianthe, it just meant her normal was somebody else's insanity. Grandma Katleen was sometimes human, sometimes a cat, and never capable of a straight answer. Grandma Masla told stories that always came true. Mama's hair moved with the wind, like fire ... and Arianthe accepted it, with the simple faith of a child. All of the dozen or so members of that small caravan were something Else, something of wonderment. And they met others, no less strange, many terrifying, but all their own kind of normal, everywhere they went.
As she matured, she learned that her normal was fair from normal, and most people's normal was boring. But they enjoyed her stories, even if most of them didn't think they were true. That suited Arianthe; they weren't meant to believe, only to learn. Only to see, for a moment or two, a spark of wonder, to remember what it was to dream.
The dreams seemed real, more and more, every night. Dreams of music, of dancing and laughter and everything seemed so /real/ ... and then, one day, Arianthe woke up, and began to understand.

These days, she has settled. It happens, not all of them are wanderers by nature, and her family knows where she is and why she chose to stay and make her way in this city. Arianthe spends much of her time telling tales in a small tavern, and the rest collecting tales to tell. This place is ... well. It is full of stories, and even more full of people who need to hear them.

One of these days I'll get Hero Labs. <_<

One of these days. >_<

I'm digging this writing snippet, though, Thorne, and I think it's setting up a very nice backstory for Arianthe! :)

Quote from: marauder13 on February 12, 2018, 12:31:05 AM
This is a sample of another CtD game I played elsewhere. I hope people like it.

~||~

Rick was licking their blood off his knuckles as he was sauntering towards Hammerstein Avenue. He smiled as in his memory he listened to Weedy's pleading for mercy. Rick had been feeling generous and hadn't broken any of his bones in the beating Rick delivered. At least Weedy would be in a state capable of getting his operation out of Rick's turf. The muscle, on the other hand, would be resting up in a clinic somewhere for a while at least, while internal bruising subsided and bones could set.

"Hardly worth getting excited about.He should have brought at least one more heavy with him. It would have made it at least some fun. Hmmpf. Stupid human." He turned left onto Hammerstein and was brought to a halt by what he saw. Sitting not too far from the corner was a woman in her middle years, the lightest touches of frost amongst the rich autumn hues of her hair. Her face was equally touched by the passage of time, though it seemed to accentuate her features rather than deteriorate them at all. Her eyes, when she turned them his way, seemed to sparkle with some suppressed mirth. He saw that she was wearing an emerald green gown better suited for a theatre than for wearing on the street. Rick found a spot to sit, watching her the way a child watched a clown, or a costumed performer of some favourite cartoon character. She bent down and opened the large case at her side. Out came a cello that Rick knew beyond doubt that was as old as she was at least. She got the instrument settled, and gave it a quick check.

Even the warm up notes touched him deeply. The deep, mellow feel that accompanied the short pieces of music made Rick wish they could carry him with them, so he could relish them further. He caught the warm smile from her as she started her first piece. She was no longer a woman with a string instrument; they combined to become an artist. She closed her eyes, and seemed to connect to music and the cello. The result was amazing. Here was a woman as old as his mum, but the years weren't a burden, but a welcomed addition. A refinement like the soothing hand that time has for a good vintage of wine. She drew on her experiences of her life, and gave it to the music.

That was why her music captivated him so greatly. She didn't play it; she lived it and shared that passion she held for the music. Her heart was the metronome. Her soul resonated to every note born of her cello, amplifying each in a way that no technology ever would. Because of that deeply spiritual amplification, she filled the air not only with nearly unearthly beautiful sounds, but colour, warmth, joy and wonder. The icy feeling deep within Rick slowly thawed as the strands of the centuries old piece carried all that heard it further from dearth of winter and closer to the glories of summer.

He didn't care how long he sat there. He didn't even know. All he did was sit and listen to her play until she was done. A face that was almost perpetually in an expression of contempt and annoyance was trying to deal with the instructions to show awe. Tears of joy streamed down his face as he walked over to the little tin box she had opened to receive monetary appreciation of her music. Rick reached her, gently taking her bow clasping hand to his lips, brushing them with the lightest of kisses across her knuckles. With equal care, he released her hand, oblivious to the degree of surprise on the woman's face. He dug through one of his pockets, pulling out some notes and spare change and placed them within the tin. He turned from her, and walked back to the freehold. It took all his efforts to resume his normal expression by the time he reached the freehold door.

"The day has really been a fucking good one so far."

Oooh, I like this. It's very beautifully written! ^^

Marie Reynolds

Cool, Glad you Like it Blythe I hope too have this done soon, has there been any changes in the deadline to submit characters.

Blythe

At the moment, the deadline is still around February 19th. I may extend a final deadline to the 24th, depending on how long it takes me to provide CS feedback, as I will want people to be able to have time to make edits after getting feedback before I make my final selections. But for now, assume I'd like the first rough draft of any sheet by the 19th. :)

TheLaughingOne

~ Character Sheet Format ~

Name:    Lilisa LanglyPlayer: The Laughing One
Chronicle:   The Duchy of StormsMotley: ---
Court:   SeelieSeeming: Wilder
Legacies:   Wayfarer/Fool   Kith: Pooka
House:   ? ? ?   EXP Spent: 0 EXP

Physical       Social       Mental
Strength:   ●●●●○Charisma: ●●●○○   Perception:●●●○○
Dexterity:   ●●●○○Manipulation: ●●○○○   Intelligence:●●○○○
Stamina:   ●●●○○   Appearance: ●●●○○   Wits:●●●○○

Talents       Skills       Knowledges
Alertness:   ●○○○○Animal Ken: ●○○○○   Academics:○○○○○
Athletics:   ●●○○○Crafts: Metal Working ●●●○○   Computer:○○○○○
Brawl:   ●○○○○   Drive: ○○○○○   Enigmas:●●○○○
Empathy:   ○○○○○   Etiquette: ○○○○○   Gremayre:●●○○○
Expression:   ●○○○○   Firearms: ○○○○○   Investigation:●○○○○
Intimidation:   ●○○○○   Larceny: ○○○○○   Law:○○○○○
Kenning:   ●●○○○   Melee: ●●○○○   Medicine:○○○○○
Leadership:   ○○○○○   Performance: Singing ●●●○○   Politics:○○○○○
Streetwise:   ●○○○○   Stealth: ●●○○○   Science:○○○○○
Subterfuge:   ●○○○○   Survival: ●●○○○   Technology:○○○○○

Backgrounds       Arts       Realms
Resources:   ●●○○○Dragon's Coyote's Ire: ●○○○○   Actor:●○○○○
Retinue:   ●○○○○Wayfare: ●●○○○   Fae:●○○○○
Chimera:   ●●●○○   ? ? ?: ○○○○○   Prop:●●○○○
Holding:   ●○○○○   ? ? ?: ○○○○○   Scene:○○○○○
? ? ?:   ○○○○○   ? ? ?: ○○○○○   Time:●○○○○

Glamour:   ●●●●● ○○○○○Willpower: ●●●●○ ○○○○○   Nightmare:○○○○○ ○○○○○Banality:●●●○○ ○○○○○

Birthright:
Shapechanging — All pooka have an affinity with a particular animal. This is always a natural animal, never a mythological one. This animal affects her appearance and personality, and she is able to shapeshift into the animal at will. If completely alone, a pooka can shapechange for free, but if another changeling or enchanted mortal is present the change costs one Glamour. A pooka can never shift into an animal when being observed by a mundane mortal. Shifting back from animal form is always free and can be done at any time (again, as long as the pooka is unobserved by mortal eyes).

Confidante — Even complete strangers often spill their guts to a pooka. This ability of getting people to open up and talk, even about their darkest secrets, is an innate talent common to all pooka. Each has his own way of going about it, but the end result is the same. Some put people off balance with mixed insults and compliments, others rapid fire questions so fast that the target loses track of what is being said, and some are just so darned cute that no one can resist them.
Once, during a conversation, a pooka’s player may make an opposed Perception + Empathy (or Subterfuge, player’s choice) roll resisted by the target’s Willpower, to get the answer to a question. The number of successes determines how many questions the pooka can have answered. The target can also spend Willpower to resist this effect; each point of Willpower cancels one of the pooka’s successes.

Frailty:
Untruths: Perhaps the greatest con the pooka have pulled is making everyone believe that they never tell the truth. Under most circumstances a pooka can speak the truth as long as its mixed with lies, half-truths, and exaggerations. The trouble comes when a pooka is asked a direct question. A pooka who is asked a direct question must answer with a falsehood. If he wishes to answer truthfully the player must make a Willpower roll (difficulty 8) and spend a point of Willpower.

Antithesis:

Health:
RealLevel Chimerical
[ ]Bruised[ ]
[ ]Hurt (-1)[ ]
[ ]Injured (-1)[ ]
[ ]Wounded (-2)[ ]
[ ]Mauled (-2)[ ]
[ ]Crippled (-5)[ ]
[ ]Incapacitated[ ]

Merits & Flaws

Merits

Voice of a Songbird (2pt. Merit) The satyrs say your voice could charm apples from the trees. You have perfect pitch and can sing a cappella without missing a single note or going off key. Even when only speaking, your voice has a seductive quality that attracts people to you. Whenever you make a roll that involves inspirational speaking or singing, you are at a –2 difficulty.
Master Craftsman (3pt. Merit) When designing, building, or repairing something, the difficulty of your rolls is reduced by two. Additionally, you require three fewer successes on any extended rolls required when working on large or complex projects.

Flaws
Curiosity (2pt. Flaw) You’re a naturally curious person, your curiosity easily overriding your common sense. To resist temptation, make a Willpower roll. The difficult varies based on the temptation; difficulty 5 for simple things like, “I wonder what’s in the armoire,” but difficulty 9 for things like, “I wonder why young men keep going missing around the baron’s freehold. I’ll just slip in and check it out.”
Short Fuse (2pt. Flaw) The slightest provocation against you or one of your close companions compels you to lash out with fists, feet, or whatever comes to hand. When incited, you must make a Willpower roll to compose yourself, with the difficulty decided upon by the Storyteller based on the severity of the insult.
Changeling’s Eyes (1pt. Flaw) Your eyes are a startling color, maybe emerald green, violet, or yellow. This is a sign you are a changeling, recognizable to those who know the ancient lore. (Molten Gold colored)

Freebie Points:

Apperance: 5pts
Charisma: 5pts
Streetwise: 2pts
Freehold: 1pt
Resources: 1pt

Personality: Happy, bubbly, and at times a little incoherent. Lilisa embraces her Coyote heritage, or at least claims she does, and then makes up exactly what that "heritage" means. Quick of wit, fleet of foot, and amazingly strong for such a wiry girl. She tends to have trouble ignoring curious little things going on around her, and Fiercely protective of her friends and family. Her second greatest joys is working her little forge crafting jewelry and trinkets in the real world, weapons and armor in the Fae world. Her Absolute favorite is exploring to find materials to craft these items, even if its just going to local market and bartering.

History: Lilisa Langly is a Pooka of some minor renown, mainly in how she tends to tell stories that some find unbelievable even for a pooka, but a good note towards her work in jewelry making in the real world, and construction of Chimerical objects in the Fae world. Claiming she is the daughter of a Troll, and the daughter of the Nez Perce god Coyote, she is a well noted crafts person for her work. She moved to Oklahoma recently after inheriting a small house holding a tiny freehold in lieu of payment from a noble that commissioned her for a special suit of armor and arms. Having packed up her tiny shop and few items she arrives in town with eye set for adventure..

Accompanying her is her dog, a giant melanistic Tibetan Mastiff (Tsang-Khyi) she calls Woofs (due to the fact his actual name, Shuck, causes some Fae discomfort and nervousness). A giant stoic beast that endures her shenanigans, provided she is generous with table scraps, ear scratches, and playing with the hose.

Physical       Mental       
Strength:   ●●●●○Perception: ●●●○○   
Dexterity:   ●●●○○Intelligence: ●●○○○   
Stamina:   ●●●○○   Wits: ●●●○○   

Abilities   
Alertness:   ●●●○○
Athletics:   ●●●○○
Brawl :   ●●●○○
Survival (Tracking):   ●●●○○
Empathy:   ●●○○○
Intimidation:   ●●●○○
Stealth:   ●●○○○

Willpower: ●●●●○ ○○○○○

Health:
RealLevel Chimerical
[ ]Bruised[ ]
[ ]Hurt (-1)[ ]
[ ]Injured (-1)[ ]
[ ]Wounded (-2)[ ]
[ ]Mauled (-2)[ ]
[ ]Crippled (-5)[ ]
[ ]Incapacitated[ ]

Attack: Bite for five dice; claw for four dice

nonsense!

Skills:
Sad Pupper Eyes: 2
Sniff: (Butts): 4
Bork: 5
Nap: 7
Fetch: 4
Give: -10
Drool: 5
Telling if you actually threw the ball or just acted like it: -2
Dog Farts: (Silent): 5
Sigh: 10
Judging if your lap is big enough to hold him: -30

My Ons and Offs!

marauder13

ROFL - I love the stuff under the Nonsense spoiler, TheLaughingOne. Well done.

Muse

*Aplauds for the same.* 

So, are these question marks and dashes indicative of where I should be filling in the informatoin? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Since Muse already has a Seelie Troll character submitted, should I grab something else? I could do up an Autumn Sidhe I think.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

TheLaughingOne

Fook!! Wasnt suppose to quote that... oh well. Will clean it up as my revised sheet later on. Just gor few small fixes once i get home.
My Ons and Offs!

wander

Hey Blythe, is there room for another person?

And if so, more importantly, is there any holes in the party I could get a character to fill for youse?

Blythe

Well, since I'm only taking 4 - 6 players, I'm guaranteed to have to turn some folks down if everyone who expressed interest submits a sheet, but if you are still wanting to toss in a CS/app, I'm still taking initial CS drafts until the 19th. :)

The table below should give you an idea of what's being submitted.

Quote from: Blythe on February 14, 2018, 03:50:09 PM
Okay, working on reading sheets/sending feedback today. This table will be updated as I PM feedback for those eligible to get feedback (those that have completed sheets). I will answer in-thread questions shortly! :)

NameConceptSheet SubmittedPMed with Feedback?
HairyHereticSeelie TrollNN
NadirPookaNN
SparrowhawkeUnseelie SlaughYY (partial)
TheLaughingOneSeelie PookaYY
EobelleUnseelie Sidhe (Arcadian)YN
ThorneClurichaunNN
marauder13Unseelie RedcapY N
MuseSeelie TrollY (will help player convert to BBCode)N

Interested, but no concept mentioned:
- Pumpkin Seeds

Blythe

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 15, 2018, 07:27:11 AM
Since Muse already has a Seelie Troll character submitted, should I grab something else? I could do up an Autumn Sidhe I think.

I don't mind character overlap, so if you want to submit a Seelie Troll, you still can if you like.