SUPER ROBOT PUNCHING FEST Woooo!!!1! (Pacific Evangelion ~ interest check)

Started by JohnTheGreat, October 20, 2014, 08:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnTheGreat

I've had an idea for a little while now for a Neon Genisis Evamgelion game with a bit of a Pacific Rim flare to it and I'm just curious if people would be interested.

It would follow the Evangelion lore for the most part but there would be a potentially infinite number of Angels rather than a set amount, with dozens of Evas operating out of multiple Nerv bases.

The idea would be to follow the Pacific Rim protracted war scenario where the humans had turned the tide and begun winning, but still had to be able to buil units faster than they lost them.

I'd dial back the mindfuckery a bit but not remove it entirely.
System used would be adeva unless someone has something better.
Ideally I'd go 60% slice of life pilot stuff, 30% war against extra terrestrial giants and 10% mindfucking.

On the off chance people not familiar with either setting have read this and are interested, tldr:
TEENAGERS WITH ISSUES IN GIANT ROBOTS PUNCHING GIANT ALIENS.

wander

Killer Robot

This sounds fun, and I'd love to join!   I don't know this adeva system though. 

JohnTheGreat

Its a fan built one bases off the dark heresy WH40k system.

wander

Oh, I missed the AdEva mention... I just saw Eva and went ballistic! xD

I do have it though, so yeah I'm still in if this goes anywhere :)

JohnTheGreat

Well we have two.

That's something.

Maybe I need to spice up the title.

wander

If we're using AdEva, I'd suggest bumping the combat percentage of the game up higher... Every Pbp game of AdEva I've been in has died a death from getting quite boring outside of the combat scenes/not getting to the combat quick enough. There are just too many people who would rather punch an Angel in the face than do slice of life...

Of course, YMMV :)

JohnTheGreat

That's certainly something we can look into, and one of the advantages of not playing it as strait Evangelion. There can be hundreds of the damn things attacking a dozen different Nerv bases.

Latooni Subota

Weeeeeeell I guess consider me interested. Been a while since I played any AdEva . . . what version?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

JohnTheGreat

Hooray, there is the minimum to run it.

I think the version I am familiar with is 2.5

JohnTheGreat

So, what country/city do people like for a base?

My top three pics would be:
A) New York, with all those big buildings jutting out of what is now ocean.
B) Hong Kong, purely because they where there in Pacific Rim.
C) Build a new city from scratch as somewhere that refugees set up and developed over time after X capital city was destroyed and required replacing.