Slave World

Started by Google, May 10, 2012, 07:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

@Google: It's your game ;) my honest advice is to set the rules/world you like and see who joins. With an idea this tempting you'll have no lack of interest no matter what you decide.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Google

Alright, I have gotten some volunteers... and I am not making a descision just yet but I thank all of you who have shown interest, I likely won't have any choices made until tomorrow that way everyone has time to attempt to respond
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Meliai

Hey no worries Google; I can't speak for anyone else of course but I was just tossing out an idea or two, not trying to make any sort of demand. Ell's got pretty mature players overall, I'm sure people will understand if you give a thumbs down to anything out of line with your original vision of the game.  They were probably just asking since the world is pretty open-ended.

Anywho if you need a hand with anything let me know, I'd be glad to help :-)
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Google

Quote from: Meliai on May 11, 2012, 11:57:30 PM
Hey no worries Google; I can't speak for anyone else of course but I was just tossing out an idea or two, not trying to make any sort of demand. Ell's got pretty mature players overall, I'm sure people will understand if you give a thumbs down to anything out of line with your original vision of the game.  They were probably just asking since the world is pretty open-ended.

Anywho if you need a hand with anything let me know, I'd be glad to help :-)
One or more people were borderline demanding... one of them even mentioned talking to a mentor about me denying them their particular kink though I tried to be as polite and even handed as possible... its almost reminding me why I got away from making RP sites on proboards all those years ago
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Vaulera

I don't think a mentor would very well side with the aggressor, E has some of the best moderators out there, but the idea of taking advantage of that disgusts me a little.

Google

I honestly doubted they would really go to a mentor, I certainly hope it was a bluff... I mean if I don't cater to your personal kink... you can either play with the rest of us like an adult and accept the fact that not everyone is into your personal favorite fetish... or you can go play by and with yourself...

That seems like the common sense response anyway and that was essentially what I told them... I was slightly more polite about it though in that PM.

MezzaNotte

I'd most definitely be interested in the setting. It'd be an interesting challenge to write.

Photo

the challenge is what i find to be most interesting, well said.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

MelisaArtemis

I can honestly, I'm interested in the idea but there are a few points that kind of prevents me from straight up joining the game:

1. In the law, Article 2 Sec. 1 mentioned that the slave will belong to the closest male relative but then at the last section it mention that the slave practically have to be sold to someone else even if they belong to family member. What if my female character is to be her brother's slave? how does that works out since she is actually owned and therefore not counted as "free" so to speak?
2. Article 2 Sec 2 specifically tell how the slaves are to be called, is it possible to have alternative calling name such as "Pet", "Slave" or even "Kitty."? While at it, although I do like the thought that the slaves are to address themselves in third person, is it HAVE TO BE "This cunt"? Can it also be an alternative like "I" as in "I belongs to you, master"

Just as few points I want to ask before I finalize my decision. Hope you don't mind ^^;

Haibane

Hay, Google, please chill. *hugs*

What I am doing is offering ideas to flesh out the game world because so far its fairly open what is going on. I think others are too and you'll find this is what happens at Elliquiy at these player interest check threads. The more you work to firm up your own ideas and build the world for the players to play in, the more people's questions get answered. Whether that's a no or a yes, it doesn't matter. It's your game and you absolutely do not need to feel pressured by it.

To the person who PM'd you threatening you with going to a Mentor if you didn't let them play with their kink, then I would write to a member of E's staff and forward that PM on. No player has any right to demand anything from a GM. Its your game, you go with it.

If you don't want sissification of males in the game world you just say so, okay? No big deal.

If you are snowed under with work right now, then appoint one or two assistant GMs who you think have ideas close to your own and let them share the load, though all decisions should be yours in the end.

BTW, regarding your item #2 above, I think you are talking to me. If you want to talk to me then by all means do so, and you can be as frank and up front as you like, you don't need to allude to me in an obtuse way. I'm an adult, I can deal with people telling me 'no', okay?

The thing was I saw your game, loved the premise, saw that upon their 18th birthday girls became the slaves of their nearest male family relative and immediately PMd a good friend of mine at E and said "Hey, if we were to be father and daughter in this guy's game, that would be cool, don't you think?". That's all that's happened. Its an opening to how I saw some fun gameplay.

If you really do not want players to pair up as father/daughter couples (and that does not mean I won't be interacting with anyone else) then you are the GM and you only need to say so. Its not hard to GM a group if you just approach things fairly and logically within the game world you've set up. The law does say that male parent/relative becomes the master of their female children so if you're going to decline my suggestion you should be prepared to justify that decision.

As for point #3 I was making a helpful suggestion, that's all. I also backed up my suggestion with reasoning as to why that rule change could produce a better and more fun game because it gives the slave character players more scope to interact with the world. Slaves clearly do have a good deal of freedom in the comics as they work at stores and businesses, wear clothes, etc. so your game world should be coherent and inclusive of that possibility.

I've been reading the comics and I'm liking this world more and more. If you would like someone to help you out, I'm happy to offer.

@ Melissa: If the word "sell" is replaced by the word "enslave" in the last section, then it makes sense. Maybe this is what Google intended?

The "this cunt" form of self-address was used in the comics quite a lot. It was presumably the term the author liked most ;) I guess our GM would like to follow the comic in this aspect. It could be a rule that BFA owned slaves must use that term. I don't see why a master could not train his own slave to use whatever terms he wished, both in referring to herself and to him and other males. However if its set in law (as in thats what Google wants) then that's what we use.

MagicalPen

All sounds good to me so far. I certainly have no problem with incest relationships.

I am not that well versed in Gor by any means, but I thought that some of the positions the Slaves take would be interesting to cross over into this one.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

gaggedLouise

Well in case anyone reading this thread was wondering, I am not the person who threatened to contact a moderator over any kind of rule issues or introduction of some particular kink. That would just be silly, indeed I would never voice threats against someone who is trying to start a game world here, or bring in a mod on that kind of issue - and before the game has even begun.

I did suggest that the future country where the game is to take place should have a law stating that there must be no fraternization in public between free individuals and owned slaves (excepting between a slave and her owner) and that the ultimate punishment for a male breaking that law - trying to support the idea that slaves have dignity, innate human value and rights, selling deadly weapons to a slave, taking their side if a slave is deemed to be disrespectful to free men - would be enforced sex change, so that the offender joins the slavecunts himself and can never turn back. That was not any kind of unconditional demand, just a suggestion, but I do think any society that sees slavery as normal, and which keeps a large number of its own homebred people - not a "servant race" - as slaves, would have to enforce measures to keep the general distance and distrust between slave and free. Mere rules of address and how to walk/crawl for the slaves would not do. If smooth fraternization is allowed to go too far, it risks nurturing a rebellion against the entire system, and any slave society will likely be somewhat paranoid about that.

In the Roman empire, there was some closeness, sympathy and understanding between slaves and free and slaves could move about on errands with some freedom, at least in the cities, they were used as teachers at home, midwives, overseers, messengers and so on (in the countryside, it could be much harsher). They were treated as kinda part of the family sometimes, at least among those who were reasonably well off, and owners tried to protect them and their kids, not simply because they were useful. It could work that way because the slaves were not of your own kind, racially: they were war booty or bought from countries beyond the empire's frontiers, or they were born from slave families, where the ancestors had once arrived in the empire in those ways too. Ordinary Romans and province folk normally didn't become slaves. So there was less of a need to actually *force* the family slaves deep down on a daily basis, and to condition everybody, slaves and free, to accept: the non-free were not really part of the nation they lived in, to put it that way. But if you get a nation where everybody's own daughters, cousins and sisters become slaves at 18 unless they get a freedom license that has to be bought, then there's going to be a lot of tension and there will be strong means required to keep them down.

I'm interested in the idea of RPing a slave society, but not sure I'm interested in this one. I keep getting the impression the OP and myself have rather different ideas of how such a society would play out. Google seems to think of it as a giant open-air BDSM club where the kind of strict rules you read of in leather bondage fiction or on some hardcore web sites become everyday life and women slaves are everybody's sex cattle, where the act of speech is severely restricted and formalized and slaves have to speak of themselves as "this cunt" at all times. I just don't think that would work, neither as a game nor as a real life blueprint. The social codes, norms and morals a slave society would generate interest me, but I don't think it would come out quite like that.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Elias

Nexus1199

I am curious to see how you set things up, is this going to be in several different threads, or is it going to be in a single thread and everyone just has to put a tag to say where they are and who they are with?

Google

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 12, 2012, 01:28:02 PM
Well in case anyone reading this thread was wondering, I am not the person who threatened to contact a moderator over any kind of rule issues or introduction of some particular kink. That would just be silly, indeed I would never voice threats against someone who is trying to start a game world here, or bring in a mod on that kind of issue - and before the game has even begun.

I did suggest that the future country where the game is to take place should have a law stating that there must be no fraternization in public between free individuals and owned slaves (excepting between a slave and her owner) and that the ultimate punishment for a male breaking that law - trying to support the idea that slaves have dignity, innate human value and rights, selling deadly weapons to a slave, taking their side if a slave is deemed to be disrespectful to free men - would be enforced sex change, so that the offender joins the slavecunts himself and can never turn back. That was not any kind of unconditional demand, just a suggestion, but I do think any society that sees slavery as normal, and which keeps a large number of its own homebred people - not a "servant race" - as slaves, would have to enforce measures to keep the general distance and distrust between slave and free. Mere rules of address and how to walk/crawl for the slaves would not do. If smooth fraternization is allowed to go too far, it risks nurturing a rebellion against the entire system, and any slave society will likely be somewhat paranoid about that.

In the Roman empire, there was some closeness, sympathy and understanding between slaves and free and slaves could move about on errands with some freedom, at least in the cities, they were used as teachers at home, midwives, overseers, messengers and so on (in the countryside, it could be much harsher). They were treated as kinda part of the family sometimes, at least among those who were reasonably well off, and owners tried to protect them and their kids, not simply because they were useful. It could work that way because the slaves were not of your own kind, racially: they were war booty or bought from countries beyond the empire's frontiers, or they were born from slave families, where the ancestors had once arrived in the empire in those ways too. Ordinary Romans and province folk normally didn't become slaves. So there was less of a need to actually *force* the family slaves deep down on a daily basis, and to condition everybody, slaves and free, to accept: the non-free were not really part of the nation they lived in, to put it that way. But if you get a nation where everybody's own daughters, cousins and sisters become slaves at 18 unless they get a freedom license that has to be bought, then there's going to be a lot of tension and there will be strong means required to keep them down.

I'm interested in the idea of RPing a slave society, but not sure I'm interested in this one. I keep getting the impression the OP and myself have rather different ideas of how such a society would play out. Google seems to think of it as a giant open-air BDSM club where the kind of strict rules you read of in leather bondage fiction or on some hardcore web sites become everyday life and women slaves are everybody's sex cattle, where the act of speech is severely restricted and formalized and slaves have to speak of themselves as "this cunt" at all times. I just don't think that would work, neither as a game nor as a real life blueprint. The social codes, norms and morals a slave society would generate interest me, but I don't think it would come out quite like that.
You know I did offer you a chance to bring your idea forward, no one else seem interested in the idea that you have brought forward on it... I told you that if people expressed interest it would be fine but with no one expressing interest it seemed you would be left in the wind.

THE RULES I POSTED WON'T BE FINAL RULES.

Remember, this is based off an existing series, I would be more then happy to change those rules and very likely will do that. The rules that I have posted there from from the blog of the aurthor, they are here for a color piece right now to give people a feel of what might be set up.

Now as for incest or picking who you RP with, I have no issue with either at all, however I would like for us to wait until we actually have something concrete going and we see who is here and who is submitting a profile before we chose who we will RP with, I would like to urge an open mind for everyone involved but I won't try to force one.

This is becoming a bigger and bigger pain in the ass for me... honestly I am swamped at work right now and it will be a day or two before I pick one of the volunteer assistants...

If you are offended or somehow bothered by anything I have done to this point I am sorry but on the other hand I don't care, this is a free website, I am making a group game that I think people will be interested in and so far have been vindicated... if you have an issue with how I am setting it up then you can either find a different game or make your own that caters to your kinks fetishes or desires.

Haibane

Google... *more hugs*

You seem to be treating this as some kind of real chore and you seem to be misunderstanding the enthusiasm and eagerness of your interested parties as burdensome.

It really shouldn't be.

I think you might be trying to begin this game at the wrong time if you are being kept so busy by your work. You really should choose a couple of assistant GMs and let them run with some of the decision-making because if the game waits for you to be less busy I think you will begin to see players drift away.

Your assistant GMs I think should in this case be given the authority to accept characters and accept or reject plot ideas (after discussion with the players) because if you don't grant them some autonomy the decision comes back to you and your limited free time again. If that's not to your taste them why not shelve the whole idea for now and come back to it in the future when you can devote the necesary time to it. There is nothing worse, in my experience in a group game where the GM doesn't have the time to run it. Seriously, if you're that busy and you know you will be for a while then now is not the time to be starting new group games; as a GM one of your obligations is to give your players the best game you can and which they deserve. If you don't have that time...

All that aside I think its a good solid idea that merely needs a little forming up and some plot direction to get it going.

You mention players submitting profiles but perhaps they are waiting on you to give them a character sheet template. Also creating a character often means he or she is created for the particular situation the player has in mind. My girl will therefore be set up so she has an existing relationship with her father and that is because your game world allows those kinds of relationships. I don't intend to just abuse your group game though and make my part in it a 1-on-1. Given whatever the specific setting is I'm sure Penny will be out and about and interacting with other characters. My intention is she's her father's slave but then I'm assuming most players are going to pair up in some way for their main relationship reasonably early on.

My idea for a character template is here.

[b]Character Image:[/b]
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Status (Free/Slave):[/b]
[b]If free, occupation:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Physical attributes:[/b] (height, weight, hair & eye colour; for slaves bust-waist-hips)
[b]Background and Personality Notes:[/b]

Photo

Yeah. I wasn't posting a character sheet, because this is just an interest thread. And that has been expressed a few times.

I did apply for the assistant position, so I hope this suggestion isn't subversive. But, there is a huge interest for this game, and all we need to have a great experience is a GM with the time to make these decisions. Google, I'm not trying to tell you that you're incapable of running a game. I'm merely going off of what you are telling everyone: that you don't have time for this.

I mean, we have a game here. We have players. I think we should elect a GM, I'm running with this pretty fast, and I apologize now, because this thread is turning into a... veritable debate class. I nominate Haibane for GM.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Nexus1199

Quote from: Photo on May 15, 2012, 06:27:16 PM
Yeah. I wasn't posting a character sheet, because this is just an interest thread. And that has been expressed a few times.

I did apply for the assistant position, so I hope this suggestion isn't subversive. But, there is a huge interest for this game, and all we need to have a great experience is a GM with the time to make these decisions. Google, I'm not trying to tell you that you're incapable of running a game. I'm merely going off of what you are telling everyone: that you don't have time for this.

I mean, we have a game here. We have players. I think we should elect a GM, I'm running with this pretty fast, and I apologize now, because this thread is turning into a... veritable debate class. I nominate Haibane for GM.
I do not think we should elect one, I think Google should run it. He had the idea so it is pretty much his right to GM unless he does not want to.

Photo

well, as a kind rebuttle. He proposed the idea. In a game like this, the idea belongs to everyone
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Haibane

Quote from: Nexus1199 on May 15, 2012, 06:29:41 PM
I do not think we should elect one, I think Google should run it. He had the idea so it is pretty much his right to GM unless he does not want to.
Absolutely right. Its your game Google, but you can have help from a few of us to get it up and running while you are busy, then take the reins again later when you've got more time.

Photo

Yeah. a GM needs time to focus on the game. If it isn't given the energy, the game dies. I'm only suggesting this because it is actively irritating Google.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Nexus1199

I have an idea, lets quit making decisions and suggestions for him and let him set things up as he sees fit and then comment if we believe there is something that needs to be fixed. That seems to be what is irritating him.

Ironwolf85

sadly I have a few more characters and ideas I could bring up, but I can't do an Rp with abuse or such things like this without some sort of "psychological barrier" hence why I asked for the furry character, it's my barrier.
without that I'm sorry but I couldn't bring myself to RP somthing like this.
I wish everyone else luck with the RP
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Photo

that makes sense Nexus. and I hope that my suggestion wasn't too bad for him to read. I'm sure he can run the game. It just sounded like he didn't want to. You are probably correct though. He's taking his time, and that's what a good game needs, as I said before.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Google

Quote from: Nexus1199 on May 15, 2012, 06:39:58 PM
I have an idea, lets quit making decisions and suggestions for him and let him set things up as he sees fit and then comment if we believe there is something that needs to be fixed. That seems to be what is irritating him.